Does Non-fatal bore you?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Does Non-fatal bore you?

Postby coop500 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:55 am

So, I was just curious after reading and posting in this thread viewtopic.php?f=18&t=48957 and was thinking maybe the community could use a Sub-thread.

I am a non-fatal vore fan yes, but I know that plenty of people find it boring, which is perfectly fine! I think it could be interesting to see the reasons why, since we have seen the reasons why digestion does or doesn't sadden people. So just have fun and no fighting. I won't repeat my answer here though, no need to.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Re: Does Non-fatal bore you?

Postby Gendor » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:08 am

Not really. Fatal takes what I like and removes it from what I even can consider likable. So many more things to play around with when you don't ax off everyone you have fun with.
Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.
Gendor
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Date Masamune » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:10 am

not really no. I think there are more than one way to make someone submit to you. Take my character Dan Arashi for example he is able to eat anyone that he would like to as punishment and they would be stuck in his stomach for well as long as he wants however he only does it when he has to punish someone
Date Masamune
Participator

Postby Kirah » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:11 am

Nope. Vore is more of a romantic and protective thing to me, so non-fatal is pretty much a requirement.
Kirah
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Garwood » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:19 am

Yeah, since I heavily prefer fatal vore. Vore for me is more a dominance/submission thing than a romantic thing.
Garwood
Been posting for a bit

Postby Nobodyman » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:21 am

It depends. I like it when there's the threat of digestion/death when a character is eaten, but I'm fine with them being spit out or forced back out later.

However, when a character is digested and then "reforms", that generally doesn't do much for me. Most of the time it means the vore is consensual or at most an inconvenience for the prey, but I like it when the predator is more of a threat.
Nobodyman
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ThisisHalloween239 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:49 am

Yes...yes it does.
ThisisHalloween239
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Assimilation » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:57 am

Yeah, most non-fatal vore is boring to me. I usually get turned on by the struggle, cruelty, or callousness in a vore scenario. I sometimes enjoy it when it's full-tour and the prey survives after taking some damage, and I rarely get aroused once the prey escapes. I absolutely skip over anything strictly consensual or scenarios where the predator knows they will not harm the prey.
Assimilation
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Merodi » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:11 pm

I like fatal when its female prey, but it doesn't bore me if it's fem!prey and non-fatal.
I mean, I also like non-fatal fem!prey stuff, so it just bothers me if the set-up was good, so sometimes it just feels sorta..."wasted".
Merodi
Participator

Postby eatmeup » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:21 pm

I personally find it boring. But it's because I feel it is unfulfilling and rather pointless, as there is nothing at all sexual about it to me. To me vore is about a combination of three main sexual triggers: an unequal power dynamic (domination), absolute possession of another (objectification), and sadism. Non-fatal vore lacks all three, even the unequal power dynamic, because there's nothing really at stake with non-vore, they can't harm you, they have no real power over you, just sucking up some of your free time. And there is no possession in the sense that comes with the finality of fatal digestion. Sadism is also a trigger for me. I see vore as a metaphor for bdsm, so I prefer fatal vore because it provides that complete package.
eatmeup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TheHungryELf » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:12 pm

Not really. In fact, I sorta perfer non-fatal vore, and certain variations of it will be the only way I'll get into anything containing female preds, they're just... eehhhhh, not my thing most of the time. Vore is many things for me, and if it's not keeping someone trapped inside you, it's the feelings of enjoyment, either for just feeling full, being in a nice, warm, comfortable slimy place, or even sexual things, it's all about good sensations to me.

EDIT: And yes, my play into disliking female dominance and all that stuff dictates this as well, as femdom usually gives me a very strong feminazi vibe, and is an instant "boner killer" for me, even in non-sexual art.
TheHungryELf
???

Postby Ka-Atis » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:32 pm

Yes, the nice and friendly non-fatal bores me..

..but non-fatal hardvore where only parts of the prey is eaten, leaving the rest pretty much still alive and traumatized. Yes, that could be quite interesting ;)
Last edited by Ka-Atis on Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now I eat you!}- >:-(.. ____ D: -{no.. nooo..
Ka-Atis
yum, slurp, and/or drool

Postby Humbug » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:42 pm

Yeah, it bores me. Each of us has a personal threshold of realism that we prefer, and non-fatal just crosses that line. As others have said, my immediate reaction is "What's the point? The pred gets nothing out of this."
I know that that may not ACTUALLY be the case, since there are a myriad of motivations that the predator can have, but the way I think about it, it's just a matter of "Why would you eat something if you weren't going to use it as food?" As far as I'm concerned, the act of eating is for a very specific purpose, and to use it for something other than that purpose is just kind of like...why not just stick the "prey" in a warm, wet bag?
Just my two cents. I know there are legit answers people can give to the questions I brought up, but their answers just don't resonate with me, is all.
Humbug
---

Postby delet609hw6bn3296 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:46 pm

Nope! The only thing I care about when it comes to vore is the sight of the innards and mouth structures. And Sadomasochism is a massive turn off for me. When it comes to anything fetishistic, romantic, or sexual, I just can't bear the thought of hurting anyone. TT~TT
delet609hw6bn3296
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CalinBeast » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:56 pm

Heh, that was my thread you linked this to, good to see it get so much attention. ^^;

To answer you question, non-fatal vore can be somewhat boring to me, but it's not the non-fatal factor specifically that bores me. Let me explain: I enjoy when the prey is "unwilling", squirming and begging the bigger and stronger pred for mercy. Of course, the pred eats the prey anyway, taunting the prey the whole way down.

Here's where the twist comes in. For the pred and prey, it's all just a game. The prey wants to be eaten, and the pred knows it. The 2 are essentially engaging in a kinky role-play activity. The truth is, the prey is completely safe, without the worry of digestion.

The thing that excites me so much about vore is it's domination/submission nature. But at the same time, I love the idea of the pred and prey forming a romantic relationship with each other. So non-fatal is a must in my ideal vore fantasy, but the perverse BDSM part is the icing on the cake.

The problem with a lot of non-fatal vore scenarios is that they lack any form of dominance and submission. So while I find these scenarios to be heartwarming, I don't see much of a reason (other than strengthening trust) for the pred and prey to engage in vore in the first place. I mean, why not just cuddle? If I wanted to engage a non-sexual, benevolent activity with a pred, that's what I would do. Hell, an after-vore cuddle sounds like heaven to me!

But that's just what I think. :silly:
CalinBeast
Somewhat familiar

Postby EldritchWriter » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:04 pm

Last edited by EldritchWriter on Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EldritchWriter
Participator

Postby Jamjo » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:26 pm

I kinda feel like I'm in the minority here considering the amount of fatal to non-fatal vore on the site, but I honestly much prefer non-fatal, although it's a bit different in roleplay, as it can tend to seem like the fantasy is too perfect and thus make me dissociate from it, and I can enjoy fatal in circumstances where it's just too good, lol, but overall non-fatal is still more enjoyable than fatal to me. Though I suppose the biggest concern is it being done right/well in the end
Jamjo
Participator

Postby gamdann » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:55 pm

I can handle digestion as long as its not graphic, but always prefer non fatal. Usually I like for the pred and prey to interact with each other both before and after the swallowing, such as in Shryland's Hungry Puppy comic.
gamdann
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby vingar » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:13 pm

Last edited by vingar on Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
vingar
New to the forum

Postby Kirah » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:49 pm

Garwood wrote:Yeah, since I heavily prefer fatal vore. Vore for me is more a dominance/submission thing than a romantic thing.

Dominance can also be expressed through non-fatal, though. The dominance/submission part is also part of the appeal for me, I guess.
Kirah
Intermediate Vorarephile

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion