drpolice's MUGEN vore edits (Currently Lopunny)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: drpolice's MUGEN vore edits (Currently Gardevoir WIP 3 O

Postby Unfortunate » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:33 pm

Pilum wrote:Haven't really worked on Mama at all. Brohan/Jack was working on sprite edits of her, but after suffering some technical difficulties, progress was put back for a while. Getting Mama to hold two prey isn't difficult, but I was wanting to do a full update for allowing two prey. That's not going to happen for a while, now. I have other edits I'm slacking off on working on.

Mama can still technically unbirth multiple enemies at once, just need to add a line to each of her unbirth hitdefs that says "hitonce = 0". This won't make her belly double in size with two prey in her, but she can grab multiple people at once.

As for the vorish win quotes, that's simple. Just use a VictoryQuote state controller during any states that are triggered when you win with vore.

Right then, if you two have got everything under control I'll not get involved.

I have sprites from a really old vore char I can play around with for now so there's no real shortage of stuff to do here. I'd like to figure out how to replicate that artwork at some point.
Your friendly neighbourhood bad artist.
Unfortunate
Participator

Postby Four_Spears » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:45 pm

Breastex wrote:"Please someone save us lol we want that double vore belly"

hmm...
Breastex wrote: "we" want

....If I may humbly speak for myself...

No offense intended to any parties involved, but I'm not all that interested in "double belly" simply due to all of the potential work that wouldn't get done just for that to be worked on.
Based on my understanding of Mugen, how much work goes into animations, coding and the multitudes of hours spent trying to handle just the logistics of it all alone just to even get it all in a half-working state alone.... it seems to me much of a huge time sink that possibly could have been better spent on editing 6 or 7 other characters by now.

I mean, I'm trying to be reasonable about this. It's less abut just being thankless and more about seeing what seems feasible and what simply could have been as far as an alternative is concerned. I'm not in any position of power here to make the calls and I don't purport to be any sort of authority on this, but if I may be so bold, this seems like based on how long it's already taken and the particular coding/editing/spriting involved that it would be a nightmare just to even see it finished in any worthwhile state and the actual people doing the hard work to try to put it all together are burning themselves out on something that might be a thankless effort and at worst, glitchy and/or incompatible with certain modes or characters/crash the program.

I'd be far more interested in seeing either what skilled editors we are still lucky to even have on these boards invest what time they are willing to spend on something that is surefire, workable and above all else, fun for them to put effort into instead of potentially frustrating their behind-the-scenes efforts. I could understanding patching up the buggy Vorish Felicia (like how NT Mama was fixed ) or a bit of touching up on others like Karin/Mai/Tifa.... (and ideally, new/fresher edits or brand new characters) but...

What I'm basically trying to sum up here is - just 'wanting' something is wishful (and sometimes uninformed) thinking, but I know the effort behind it is far more complex and complicated. The idea of what kind of coding constitutes the 'double belly' no matter how simple the desire or innocent the wording, seems like a sisyphean task that may have potentially skewed a lot of more interesting projects off-course or otherwise delayed/put off the potential for other edits to have happened.

Spoiler: show
There's a reason I've not made demands of there being a Machamp vore character, because I know that no worthwhile mugen art assets exist...and even if they did, making vore edit of something for that in specific is guaranteed to be pure hell for those few editors that we know of...as it's furthest from easy to edit as one could get due to the distinct shape, body details, animation and coloring making it borderline impossible to take any shortcuts.
Four_Spears
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Unfortunate » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:27 pm

Four_Spears wrote: - I could understanding patching up the buggy Vorish Felicia (like how NT Mama was fixed ) -

felicia bits.png
felicia bits.png (2.4 KiB) Viewed 5153 times

Unfortunate wrote:I have sprites from a really old vore char I can play around with for now so there's no real shortage of stuff to do here. I'd like to figure out how to replicate that artwork at some point.

Funny you should mention that. That's what's currently got me occupied. I'm dividing her up at the moment and have drawn a new torso. (It's usually hunched.) When it's done I'll probably put a ton of these divided limbs and some complete poses up as a resource for someone else to assemble, but I may go further than that depending on how I feel about continuing.
Your friendly neighbourhood bad artist.
Unfortunate
Participator

Postby JackHereTheRealOne » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:43 pm

Four_Spears wrote:
....If I may humbly speak for myself...

No offense intended to any parties involved, but I'm not all that interested in "double belly" simply due to all of the potential work that wouldn't get done just for that to be worked on.
Based on my understanding of Mugen, how much work goes into animations, coding and the multitudes of hours spent trying to handle just the logistics of it all alone just to even get it all in a half-working state alone.... it seems to me much of a huge time sink that possibly could have been better spent on editing 6 or 7 other characters by now.

I mean, I'm trying to be reasonable about this. It's less abut just being thankless and more about seeing what seems feasible and what simply could have been as far as an alternative is concerned. I'm not in any position of power here to make the calls and I don't purport to be any sort of authority on this, but if I may be so bold, this seems like based on how long it's already taken and the particular coding/editing/spriting involved that it would be a nightmare just to even see it finished in any worthwhile state and the actual people doing the hard work to try to put it all together are burning themselves out on something that might be a thankless effort and at worst, glitchy and/or incompatible with certain modes or characters/crash the program.

I'd be far more interested in seeing either what skilled editors we are still lucky to even have on these boards invest what time they are willing to spend on something that is surefire, workable and above all else, fun for them to put effort into instead of potentially frustrating their behind-the-scenes efforts. I could understanding patching up the buggy Vorish Felicia (like how NT Mama was fixed ) or a bit of touching up on others like Karin/Mai/Tifa.... (and ideally, new/fresher edits or brand new characters) but...

What I'm basically trying to sum up here is - just 'wanting' something is wishful (and sometimes uninformed) thinking, but I know the effort behind it is far more complex and complicated. The idea of what kind of coding constitutes the 'double belly' no matter how simple the desire or innocent the wording, seems like a sisyphean task that may have potentially skewed a lot of more interesting projects off-course or otherwise delayed/put off the potential for other edits to have happened.

There's a reason I've not made demands of there being a Machamp vore character, because I know that no worthwhile mugen art assets exist...and even if they did, making vore edit of something for that in specific is guaranteed to be pure hell for those few editors that we know of...as it's furthest from easy to edit as one could get due to the distinct shape, body details, animation and coloring making it borderline impossible to take any shortcuts.

d96.jpg
Even though I agree with your point almost completely, I should also point out its only taking as long as it is because how incompetent I have been with handling the project. I may have abandoned it, but if someone else chooses to pick it up from where it is, I say let them. There are a few folks that are excited to see an update for her, and they should be. The resources are there, the potential is there, so hey, why not. Besides, rest assured I have since moved on to making sprites for potential edits. So there is new stuff being worked on. And not to mention that it has been stated by other editors that they too are working on things non NT based. So at the very least, try not to feel like this is the only thing being worked on. We all work at different paces, not to mention do other things too.
JackHereTheRealOne
Participator

Postby Jacobtheespeon » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:34 pm

Heya! Sadly my rinky dink laptop can't run Mugen... could someone make a video of the gardevoir? X3 and other characters maybe~ tis cool if you can't uwu just wondering
Jacobtheespeon
Participator

Postby SilverJ » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:12 am

Pilum wrote:Getting Mama to hold two prey isn't difficult, but I was wanting to do a full update for allowing two prey.

Can I ask for an explanation on this? Is it full blown compatibility with two actual targets like actually recording and monitoring both targets separately, or would you just be forcing the second into the same victim state only to release them both at the same time when the move ends? It sounds like something that'd be fun to try coding.
SilverJ
Been posting for a bit

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:45 am

Brohan wrote:
PMP wrote:I just realized Brohan was Handsome jack. Derp.
At least it's not Daddy Tracksuit Gohan

Uh oh, busted ^^;

Also no progress from me with that NT stuff, I will leave it in the hands of more capable folks, the sprites are all there, I did my part, sorta... anywho, I just started something new, something fresh, to break free of that same character I sank so much time into.

(The NT thing is actually more complicated than what I led on up there ^, lets say I ran into a complication and gave the **** up :silly: )

By the way BroJack... Jackhan... BrocidonKingOfTheBroceans. A new project... Oh you tease.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby drpolice » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:38 am

Alright, I found the partially done NT Mama over here, just need to finish work on it. Oughta check it out later today. I think I know what to do to make it work, though I feel it'd be a bit different. Brohan, you got any sprites for the winpose after the double digest animation? Actually, if you could just post all the sprites you've done for her if you still have them and if it's fine, that might make things a bit simpler.
drpolice
Somewhat familiar

Postby JackHereTheRealOne » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:31 am

I no longer have anything I use to have. If it isn't in the file I shared a while back, then I didn't make a winpose. And if that is the case, I probably planned on just using her default one after the digest.
JackHereTheRealOne
Participator

Postby Pilum » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:40 pm

SilverJ wrote:
Pilum wrote:Getting Mama to hold two prey isn't difficult, but I was wanting to do a full update for allowing two prey.

Can I ask for an explanation on this? Is it full blown compatibility with two actual targets like actually recording and monitoring both targets separately, or would you just be forcing the second into the same victim state only to release them both at the same time when the move ends? It sounds like something that'd be fun to try coding.

It's possible to check specific IDs of characters using some triggers. I haven't put the work in to program it myself, but I was going to try for an update that would handle two prey separately. After unbirthing the first prey, Mama would be able to continue to fight with all of her other attacks with a full belly, until the timer ended and she was forced to release her prey. She'd have two variables set aside to record and monitor the ids of targets, and separate triggers to check for the specific targets and what to do with them.
Pilum
Participator

Postby SilverJ » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:07 pm

Pilum wrote:It's possible to check specific IDs of characters using some triggers. I haven't put the work in to program it myself, but I was going to try for an update that would handle two prey separately. After unbirthing the first prey, Mama would be able to continue to fight with all of her other attacks with a full belly, until the timer ended and she was forced to release her prey. She'd have two variables set aside to record and monitor the ids of targets, and separate triggers to check for the specific targets and what to do with them.

That's a lotta edited sprites there, the entire character and then some.

I've thought about storing the IDs, but never really knew how to manipulate them. I would want to make the targets struggle free instead of wait on a timer to end, but you can't use the ID to check for commands can you? Maybe setting aside three different variables for the three players would work better there if so. Gotta experiment with this...
SilverJ
Been posting for a bit

Postby JackHereTheRealOne » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:20 pm

SilverJ wrote:
That's a lotta edited sprites there, the entire character and then some.

They have already been made.
JackHereTheRealOne
Participator

Postby TylorGoldenYoshi » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:05 am

Pilum wrote:
SilverJ wrote:

It's possible to check specific IDs of characters using some triggers. I haven't put the work in to program it myself, but I was going to try for an update that would handle two prey separately. After unbirthing the first prey, Mama would be able to continue to fight with all of her other attacks with a full belly, until the timer ended and she was forced to release her prey. She'd have two variables set aside to record and monitor the ids of targets, and separate triggers to check for the specific targets and what to do with them.

You can set ids to targets that have been hit by moves, and have target-related controllers apply to specific ids.
What is a man? A meaningless bucket of lies!
TylorGoldenYoshi
Somewhat familiar

Postby drpolice » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:29 am

Alright, I did it. Took me a while because I started playing MGSV and I can't stop. multiple 12 hour game sessions... help

So, this is a bit different, but it works for the most part. Whenever she's fighting two opponents at once, if she UBs the first one and gets a KO, she continues fighting with the opponent inside her. She still can UB the second one. Since there were sprites lacking to cover every attack she has, I had to either improvise on some or just take some of those attacks away when she's full. There's also a seemingly unfixable bug involving throws, but it doesn't break the character, it just displays the normal sprite instead of the full one when she's being thrown. But anyway, yeah, here you go. Thanks to Brohan for the sprites for this one.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By_-l ... WVwWnFXXzg
drpolice
Somewhat familiar

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:09 am

drpolice wrote:Alright, I did it. Took me a while because I started playing MGSV and I can't stop. multiple 12 hour game sessions... help

So, this is a bit different, but it works for the most part. Whenever she's fighting two opponents at once, if she UBs the first one and gets a KO, she continues fighting with the opponent inside her. She still can UB the second one. Since there were sprites lacking to cover every attack she has, I had to either improvise on some or just take some of those attacks away when she's full. There's also a seemingly unfixable bug involving throws, but it doesn't break the character, it just displays the normal sprite instead of the full one when she's being thrown. But anyway, yeah, here you go. Thanks to Brohan for the sprites for this one.

So I tried her out, and she seems kind of brutally glitched. I did a 1 on 2 match and when I finieshed off the first character with her unbirth attack it just waited several secconds she stood up without a belly then squatted back down with the belly, and then I won without beating the seccond chracter.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby drpolice » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:36 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:
drpolice wrote:Alright, I did it. Took me a while because I started playing MGSV and I can't stop. multiple 12 hour game sessions... help

So I tried her out, and she seems kind of brutally glitched. I did a 1 on 2 match and when I finieshed off the first character with her unbirth attack it just waited several secconds she stood up without a belly then squatted back down with the belly, and then I won without beating the seccond chracter.

That is very different from what happens on my game. Over here that seems to work fine, tested it with multiple characters and gamemodes. I really don't know what is doing that. Are you on the newest MUGEN version? You haven't installed her over a previous version of NT Mama, right? It's supposed to be a separate one.
drpolice
Somewhat familiar

Re: drpolice's MUGEN vore edits (Currently NT Mama 2xUB)

Postby Orchestration » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:54 pm

I butchered in some of the code posted in the other NTMama thread. Seems to work ok.

Her unbirth special now lasts until you let the prey out or you can hold down and she can damage her prey more until she defeats them if you want her to.

Only problems with it are when she "pulses" you don't get the heart beat sound.

And if you use the unbirth special in a Vs.2 match she glitches out and jumps between her normal form and unbirth form.
Orchestration
Somewhat familiar

Postby DollyFailFail » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:58 pm

Both of those problems seem to come form the code you added, because I had neither when I played. The only problem I had was that some of the attack animations didn't keep her belly.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby drpolice » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:05 pm

That really is the strangest thing. I don't know how a character can behave so differently between different computers. There seriously are no issues on my side. I even tried on a separate installation of MUGEN just in case, and it still works fine. I can only imagine two things. She either breaks on different MUGEN versions from what I am using (I'm using MUGEN 1.1b1) or the upload somehow just broke. In the very off chance that it is the upload, I will post a different link.

https://mega.nz/#!eE1WTaZC!p2AWDZX1d49w ... KsGxLKW3Kg

If you need this version of MUGEN, here's a link.

https://mega.nz/#!XR021TAD!SnNGLoSfoyoD ... babnz9Ja5g
drpolice
Somewhat familiar

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:20 am

drpolice wrote:That really is the strangest thing. I don't know how a character can behave so differently between different computers. There seriously are no issues on my side. I even tried on a separate installation of MUGEN just in case, and it still works fine. I can only imagine two things. She either breaks on different MUGEN versions from what I am using (I'm using MUGEN 1.1b1) or the upload somehow just broke. In the very off chance that it is the upload, I will post a different link.

https://mega.nz/#!eE1WTaZC!p2AWDZX1d49w ... KsGxLKW3Kg

If you need this version of MUGEN, here's a link.

https://mega.nz/#!XR021TAD!SnNGLoSfoyoD ... babnz9Ja5g

What I did is I duplicated all the internal files into my origional NT-Mama folder, replacing all the ones that conflicted, because I couldn't figure out what her name should have been as it didn't seem to be working when I tried installing her under the NT20162UB thing.

And yes, thinking back, I can see that was a terrible Idea, and I must have been 90% asleep to not think that would SCREW up the file.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game