Anger Get In the Way of Your Enjoyment?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Anger Get In the Way of Your Enjoyment?

Postby Eyefull » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:33 am

I know a lot of vore, especially those that are fatal and have digestion, tend to create inherently unfair scenarios. I usually have no problems with this. However, there are occasional times when I'm enjoying a comic or a story, and something about the situation rubs me the wrong way. Like a bully eating a bullied student and getting away with it. It may not always ruin my enjoyment of the piece, but I do find my anger distracting. Anyone else feel the similarly, or am I just putting too much thought into this?
Sin it to win it!
Eyefull
Participator

Re: Anger Get In the Way of Your Enjoyment?

Postby sweetladyamy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:45 am

I really believe that it comes down to every individual's feelings about every individual scenario.

I can empathize with such a reaction; I'd likely feel the same way about it.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby Saiai » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:16 am

Some of my personal fantasies involve that kind of unfair treatment. But when vore is the end result and the predator in question has already been established in whatever story as a fucking prick, then yeah, my hatred of the bad guy would take away from the arousal big time.
Saiai
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby VelveteenDreams » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:49 am

Saiai wrote:Some of my personal fantasies involve that kind of unfair treatment. But when vore is the end result and the predator in question has already been established in whatever story as a fucking prick, then yeah, my hatred of the bad guy would take away from the arousal big time.

Aye, I find it really hard to enjoy a story or art piece too when I want to punch a predator in the face.
If I like a prey character a lot and they're mistreated too much then I get irritated as well.
And hurting children is a sure fire way to throw me over the edge.

In essence it's just natural to get mad at these things. Vore and real life are two separate lives; in one we fantasize about being abused by assholes, and in the other, we're all likely to have our clock someone (or retort with a mean comeback) when that someone is being a jerk. And we all tend to confuse fictional characters for real people. It's why we cry when someone dies in a movie and squeal happily when they kiss, and why asshole preds make some of us mad. It's all healthy and normal, and so is not letting those lines blur and being unaffected by it. It's just the natural way humans react to things.

As a matter of fact, coming from a published author, if your predator is so mean they make the reader angry, then your writing is probably incredibly well done. It's difficult to get any emotion out of the audience at all, let alone the right one. If someone's mad, then it's a good thing for both the creator and the audience xD
~Respect Everybody~
VelveteenDreams
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Siorche » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:52 am

I enjoy terrible scenarios of all kinds. I however, separate fantasy from reality heavily, while I still can hate a character, I can also go "I'd really like to have my organs ripped out by xxx" even if they were a colossal prick, in fact, especially if they were a colossal prick. I really like jerks in fantasy, reality not so much. As much as I can empathize with say, being bullied or used/abused, that doesn't detract from my enjoyment of it from an artists comic or a story. After all, a lot of the fetish itself is murder, unless you do endo. So if we take say, a large portion of the pictures here on the site, its pretty much snuff! Which brings me to ask this question, how are <people> okay with pretty much murder either willing or unwilling in various scenarios and why doesn't it detract from your enjoyment?
Siorche
Worst Final Boss
Worst Final Boss

Postby sweetladyamy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:12 am

Renael wrote:...After all, a lot of the fetish itself is murder, unless you do endo. So if we take say, a large portion of the pictures here on the site, its pretty much snuff! Which brings me to ask this question, how are <people> okay with pretty much murder either willing or unwilling in various scenarios and why doesn't it detract from your enjoyment?

Hmmm...

I believe it boils down to the 'in the moment' areas of our brains that allow us to feel differently about each individual part.

I mean, a bully or an asshole punching the living crap out of some person before devouring said person is cringe worthy to me. I think, in that situation, the term would be 'excessive', or 'overkill'; it's too much, and yeah, definitely angering and no longer fun to watch unfold.

There, 'fun'. That's it; the fun part is gone.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby Eyefull » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:33 am

Renael, Length probably has to do with it. I notice it more in comics and stories than single pictures. With singles it's just a hot snapshot, but with the others there is suddenly a story, with character to like and dislike. Especially with things happening to canon characters. It is something I notice more with human vore though. Anthro and feral preds get a write off due to being animalistic. And it's not like I stop enjoying these things, It's just that my arousal now has a competing emotion for my attention.
Sin it to win it!
Eyefull
Participator

Postby Siorche » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:44 am

I understand what you mean more now. in my opinion though, that makes it better? There's a certain amount of oomph with it if you hate a specific character, or love one. just like there's a certin satisfaction in seeing a specific villain get what they deserve in certain novels, I like the whole dynamic between a bully pred and their prey or whatnot, if that makes sense?
Siorche
Worst Final Boss
Worst Final Boss

Postby Trebortron3 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:31 am

It's an interesting topic to consider. I definitely think the pred can be too mean to be enjoyable, but for me, that tends to be because I don't enjoy the act, rather than not thinking it's fair - as SweetLadyAmy said above, I don't enjoy the prey literally being beaten up before being eaten, but I wouldn't enjoy that even if they were a bully getting their comeuppance, or a criminal getting caught, or anything else like that. So it's not the unfairness of who it's happening to, it's just the act.

Beyond that, I actually love injustice in vore. A bully voring their victim (and getting away with it) is one of my favourite scenarios, and the more humiliating it is for the bullied prey the better! I think the key reason for that is the fetish aspect - in normal fiction I don't feel the same way, and I often feel very strongly about characters receiving justice. As Xenenderson says, it's a sign of a good writer if they can get the reader worked up over events. But as a fetish, I like unwilling prey and confident, dominating preds. So it makes sense that I would enjoy, from a fetish angle, a pred completely steamrolling over their prey, whether the prey deserves it or not.
Trebortron3
Participator

Postby Gendor » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:53 am

Feeling similarly? I dunno, for me it tends to have the effect of a dangling electric cable lighting up all the bad areas in my head and just seems to be unquenchable by adding to my folder of revenge vore I keep private at best, or being an absolute asshole at worse. Very worst I actually break things.

Like a story I read recently when a girl vored a boy and pretty much made his identity disappear by getting rid of all his personal things and wiping it clean as if it was straight out of "How to get away wit murder 101", then kidnap him. Oh GREAT EMOTIONS CAME TO ME! But fuck it internet's a safe space so whatever. >.>
Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.
Gendor
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jayezox » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:25 am

Absolutely. It's the reason I tend to favor non fatal.
Jayezox
---

Postby iorn » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:02 pm

Any predators that are well versed in the art of being a dick, tend to make it hard for me to enjoy vore related comics and stories...

Like many before me have said, it's hard to enjoy a work of fiction when you want to punch the leading character in their smug, obnoxious, entitled face.

Also vastly unlikable character normally translates to bad writing.
I'm working on a project. go here
Non-vore viewtopic.php?f=7&t=48674
Vore viewtopic.php?f=38&t=49197
iorn
Participator

Postby Trebortron3 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:52 pm

Hm, could I just ask at this stage whether this might correlate a little to willing/unwilling preferences? Most people so far are saying that unfairness (and particularly a cocky, smug kind of unfairness) can be annoying, even possibly ruin enjoyment of a piece. So do you prefer your prey to be willing, or unwilling? I'd have presumed most saying that would like willing more, but I may be wrong.
Trebortron3
Participator

Postby Eyefull » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:11 pm

I like both willing and unwilling; which I like more tends to vary on the mood I'm in. Usually I like unwilling more though. I dunno. The feeling isn't the most consistent thing in the world, which is frustrating. Pred eats a random guy off the street? No problem. Pred eats their son's/daughter's/brother's/sister's friends? Problem. Pred eats someone to add to her curves for an upcoming date? Usually no problem. She eats the boyfriend of one of her friends, or just one of her friends? Big problem. Pred rampages through city, eating or crushing everyone in it? No problem. Pred eats their willing girlfriend who was going to be let out, but won't after the pred changes their mind? Hot, but a bit of a problem. It's honestly all over the place, and scenario dependent. I guess betrayal is a common theme here though.
Last edited by Eyefull on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sin it to win it!
Eyefull
Participator

Postby GREGOLE » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:22 pm

It's important to remember that "vore" is a unifying term for what should really be considered several dozen other fetishes or sub-fetishes. For some, the injustice, the unfairness, the sheer unbridled cruelty of the pred is the whole point. For others, that's a hindrance.
It honestly took me a while to figure out where I stand within that spectrum, and it was a pretty bumpy, unpleasant journey.
GREGOLE
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Trebortron3 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:25 pm

Eyefull wrote:I like both willing and unwilling; which I like more tends to vary on the mood I'm in. Usually I like unwilling more though. I dunno. The feeling isn't the most consistent thing in the world, which is frustrating. Pred eats a random guy off the street? No problem. Pred eats their son's/daughter's/brother's/sister's friends? Problem. Pred eats someone to add to her curves for an upcoming date? Usually no problem. She eats the boyfriend of one of her friends, or just one of her friends? Big problem. Pred rampages through city, eating or crushing everyone in it? No problem. Pred eats their willing girlfriend who was going to be let out, but won't after the pred changes their mind? Hot, but a bit of a problem. It's honestly all over the place, and scenario dependent. I guess betrayal is a common theme here though.

Hm, that's a fair point actually - I think betrayal may be more of a factor than willingness in terms of how we respond to the issue of fairness in vore. The first vore stories I ever remember reading and really enjoying were about betrayal. That may have informed my personal take on vore, and meant I find the unfair aspect of it exciting rather than off-putting. See, for me, a pred rampaging through a city is boring, precisely because it's so impersonal. I like a strong bond between pred and prey, and a sure-fire way to ensure there will be a bond is by making the vore an act of betrayal (which necessitates establishing a close bond first).

Quite astute of you! I wonder if others could weigh in on the betrayal point, moreso than my previous un/willing point?
Trebortron3
Participator

Postby Richter » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:43 pm

I think it's based more on the competence of the writer/artist and how that portray the pred and prey.
Richter
Somewhat familiar

Postby Marrickmiddler » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:53 pm

OFTEN. This is why I can't enjoy most casual vore universes, incidentally.
Marrickmiddler
Been posting for a bit

Postby fixated1 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:13 pm

I don't invest emotionally in any character in a vore story. The writing would have to be exceptional to force me to.
fixated1
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thatonepred » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:53 am

To be fair, angy once, but more often I'd be disturbed by a work. As with Eyefull, betrayal is a common theme that turns me off, as well as blatant cruelty and non-fictional abuse of power/neglect (such as a Teacher eating students for minor infringments, or a mother letting her son get eaten for hitting a girl, despite the fact she was already eating him in the first place). It's a certain thing that strikes a specific cord with me.
Everyone dies. Few live forever. Neither apply to Me.

Consumam ergo sum
Thatonepred
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion