Is vore the new joke? (Perhaps! Let's laugh along!)

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Is vore the new joke? (Perhaps! Let's laugh along!)

Postby VirtuosoViking » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:34 pm

So something I've noticed just recently, but it seems that vore is being talked about more often than before, but in a negative kind of way. Like it's a topic to set people off, or it's "that one thing" everyone will agree to ridicule. It's almost as if mentioning it or making fun of it is the new meme for this year. I know that like only 5% of people are into vore, so there would be a large amount of people that don't like/won't understand it, so this doesn't really bother me too much, but I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this, or if I just happened to come across many public vore mentions at once? It just feels a bit...odd, I guess. I'd rather see it here than in public internet places.

Edit: So, it seems it wasn't just me and others have noticed it as well. No point in complaining about it, so let's have some fun and laugh along by posting the jokes about vore that we see here.

Yes I know I said 5%, but I wasn't using math right then. Please stop reminding me I'm bad with percents, for the sake of the topic.
Last edited by VirtuosoViking on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
When it comes to most bosses, thank god for obvious, glowing weak spots.
VirtuosoViking
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Is vore the new joke?

Postby coop500 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:44 pm

I haven't really been out that much in normal internet places, so I wouldn't know for sure....
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby Marked » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:31 pm

Certain things become fads to hate on and make fun of, it's happened to vore from time to time, and so I'm not surprised. Still, it won't be long until people move on to the next thing.
Marked
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby kernac » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:41 pm

I couldn't say I've had such experience. I'm generally surprised if people even know about vore, in fact the only mention I've seen of it in recent years, albeit negatively, was a video from a troll who basically does nothing but makes fun of weird or unusual fetishes on deviant art.
Feel free to visit my gallery, there I store my art and writings as well as commissioned pieces I have gathered over the years:

-My gallery.
kernac
Overlord of the Rose

Postby linthia » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:14 pm

Just look at "Deviantart cringe" and everything like this, just type "deviantart cringe vore" and you'll see manyyyyyyy videos about it, just talking about "How unrealistiiiiic it is !" "These people are just weirdos and cannibals" ... sad but reality ^^'
linthia
Participator

Postby Baneblade40k » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:24 pm

Yes, I've noticed it as well around many internet circles. Seems knowledge about vore being a thing has become much more widespread lately. In some places, anything even slightly vorish and/or giantess related, even if unintentional, will provoke responses like "those freaks will be here soon" "this is one of those vore thingies right?" "I bet someone's jerking off to this", which will usually make other people ask what is that vore thing they talk about, then they'll all go on a tirade trying to "explain" and then they will all collectively nod their heads in agreement about how alien such a fetish is.
Baneblade40k
Somewhat familiar

Postby Neoninja » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:29 pm

VirtuosoViking wrote:So something I've noticed just recently, but it seems that vore is being talked about more often than before, but in a negative kind of way. Like it's a topic to set people off, or it's "that one thing" everyone will agree to ridicule. It's almost as if mentioning it or making fun of it is the new meme for this year. I know that like only 5% of people are into vore, so there would be a large amount of people that don't like/won't understand it, so this doesn't really bother me too much, but I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this, or if I just happened to come across many public vore mentions at once? It just feels a bit...odd, I guess. I'd rather see it here than in public internet places.

It's like how furries used to be looked at way back in the day. "Thats fucked up but its kind of funny to make a joke about it"
Neoninja
Participator

Postby PutMeInYourBelly » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:30 pm

It happens. From DeviantArt harassment to people stumbling upon different videos and sources, people always find a way to make fun of it. And I mean, it is a pretty weird fetish, it would be pretty weird to find it and not send it to anybody or even talk about it at all. The ways I have noticed that it gets spread is that people stumble upon it through Reddit, either by accident through /r/random, or it is linked deep somewhere in a thread, and people find it that way.
PutMeInYourBelly
Been posting for a bit

Postby Asterisk74 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:46 pm

Yep. To answer OP's question, personally the reason I think the reason this is happening is because "Cringe" has become a fad/meme over the last few years. You've got some edgy teens running around on the Internet spouting the same memes (bleach, cancer, cringe, etc) over and over again.

Then of course, you got a whole bunch of people overreacting like its the worst thing in the world. My personal favorite is when people act like a smartass and think we don't understand that vore would be fatal in real life, and would die if we were eaten. Yes, please tell us how you think we don't understand this own fetish we've had our entire lives. I'm sure we'll wind up so educated on the subject. But I've been finding it more amusing lately, when they act like their lives have been ruined by finding vore, that seeing it has scarred their minds or ruined their favorite fandom or something. Their lives are sooo hard.
Last edited by Asterisk74 on Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://ko-fi.com/dwarfstaraster
This stuff gets expensive! Any donations are appreciated!
Asterisk74
Participator

Postby DragonPrey3200 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:48 pm

kernac wrote:I couldn't say I've had such experience. I'm generally surprised if people even know about vore, in fact the only mention I've seen of it in recent years, albeit negatively, was a video from a troll who basically does nothing but makes fun of weird or unusual fetishes on deviant art.

Yeah, I've only heard the Best Friends(https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC84X0epDRFdTrybxEX8ZWkA) mention vore in one of their videos. It was in the Sonic Dreams Collection video, during the stuffing Sonic sequence, they were investigating and found a text bubble with "Let me out!" written on it, and Matt asks what that's for, to which Liam answers that it's "for vore". Then Woolie comments afterwards, saying that Liam was "setting up the vore." That is the only time I have ever heard a YouTuber talk about the fetish, and to be honest, I could see Liam being a voraphile. He's already into anime.

There is the thumbnail for pewdiepie's video on the game, which is a vore picture(This one: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4474954/), although he doesn't seem to mention vore or anything, but I'd say he may know what it is.

And then I heard that funhaus talked about vore in VR in a podcast, but I can't find it, so who knows.
When in doubt, conquer Poland.
DragonPrey3200
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Humbug » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:49 pm

I imagine Griffin McElroy's recent obsession with it might be putting it into the spotlight a bit too.
Humbug
---

Postby VirtuosoViking » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:49 pm

Neoninja wrote:It's like how furries used to be looked at way back in the day. "Thats fucked up but its kind of funny to make a joke about it"

To be totally honest, I did think of how everyone made fun of furries. Just wasn't sure I should mention it cause I felt like it would have been a hypocritical comparison. Though I'm not sure if that makes much sense, now that I think about it.
When it comes to most bosses, thank god for obvious, glowing weak spots.
VirtuosoViking
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MarinLaFey » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:59 pm

I've seen it on tumblr but it wasn't really making fun of it, more like laughing alongside it. That's about all.

I don't really make an effort to seek out vore outside of certain sites.
MarinLaFey
Somewhat familiar

Postby VelveteenDreams » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:01 pm

Yesterday it was Tumblr, Years ago it was The Phantom Menace, today it's Vore, tomorrow it will be Hyperbolic Paraboloids.
Mob mentality it is. One person hates on something and everyone follows en suite, just because everyone's doing it. Some people who support the thing might even be hating on it, to distract from the fact they support it or to fit in. There may or may not be anything wrong with it (albeit it's easier when there's substance to base the opinion on), but it doesn't matter if it's 'right or wrong' it only matters that everyone's doing it. It's a social thing. It changes from time to time though so before you know it people will stop with the hate on vore and start the hate on something like...for gods sake...Algae Plantations.

I wholly wouldn't be shocked if Vore was the topic of exchange this time around. It's a popular thing to hate because it's weird and wrong. But just wait until someone's favorite character turns out to be into vore and the whole internet will pretend to be into it because it's edgy and dark, come rushing up saying 'I was into vore BEFORE it was cool!' This is my prediction.
~Respect Everybody~
VelveteenDreams
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby lllll1337 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:17 pm

For some reason, the guys on Oneyplays talked about vore and macrophilia a lot in their Kingdom Hearts playthrough. They've also discussed it outside that playthrough, but it was most concentrated threre. They even discussed (slightly inaccurate) descriptions of specific types, like AV and UB. Thankfully, they were joking about it in a "Huh, that's kinda weird/interesting" way, without falling into the usual unfunny "LOL CRINGE" shit.
lllll1337
New to the forum

Postby Thadeu » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:47 pm

lllll1337 wrote:For some reason, the guys on Oneyplays talked about vore and macrophilia a lot in their Kingdom Hearts playthrough. They've also discussed it outside that playthrough, but it was most concentrated threre. They even discussed (slightly inaccurate) descriptions of specific types, like AV and UB. Thankfully, they were joking about it in a "Huh, that's kinda weird/interesting" way, without falling into the usual unfunny "LOL CRINGE" shit.

Nico mentions vore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVhzsqMu4JE&t=2290s ''Your weird vore fetish'', to refer to Monstro keeping swallowing him on KH BBS, I was actually in shock since I love his videos, specially KH, and I didnt know he knew vore. (He says at exact 38:10 minutes)
Thadeu
???

Postby Kitsouille » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:49 pm

I see vore being mentioned once in a while, usually in a neutral manner, sometime for humor (quicksand is the earth voring you :lol:). Then there's the cringe stuff but people will cringe about anything especially if it's a bunch of kids that is just discovering how big internet and the world is, how sex is bigger than dicks and vaginas and stuff. I can't really say it's a new trend to make fun of vore, but I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary, not that I'm up to date on internet trends.
Kitsouille
???

Postby Eyefull » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:35 pm

I've run into a few small jokes and comments here and there. Most of them neutral. Aside from the over-reactors (and those tend more to canon characters with vore), most people just treat it as something strange but harmless. I think vore's treatment is definitely not as bad as furries, in part because a fetish that doesn't involve sticking your dick in something seems alien to those on the outside.
Sin it to win it!
Eyefull
Participator

Postby fixated1 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:58 pm

No matter what you are into sexually someone will always be a bigger prude than you and try to make themselves look normal by pointing it out.
fixated1
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Tetrahedra » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:56 am

It's just kind of annoying. The vore tag on tumblr is completely overrun with 3 kinds of posts: people making the thousandth "omg is Attack on Titan super sexy to vore fans?!!!?!?!" joke, people saying "ew vore is disgusting ew if you like vore die ew," and then the handful of people that are actually interested in it and share relevant content. Wish it could've stayed a weird little secret instead of basically becoming a meme.
Tetrahedra
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion