Vorecraft for Minetest

Forum for our dedicated Vore themed Minecraft server, more details [url=https://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43179]here[/url]

Moderator: Vorecraft

Vorecraft for Minetest

Postby MirceaKitsune » Mon May 22, 2017 3:33 pm

This is something I should have been working on myself... considering I've been a contributor to this project and still plan to work on it in the future, with several complex mods already built by me years ago. Unfortunately with so many other things to work on, I haven't gotten around to making a vore mod for Minetest as well, which among other things has been on my mental TODO list for ages.

For those not familiar with Minetest, it's basically the #1 Minecraft "clone" on the internet (as far as I'm aware it counts as such). It's written in C++ and the Irrlicht engine rather than in Java, and best of all it's open-source and GPL licensed with assets under various CC licenses. Unlike Minecraft it's designed for extensive modding, and both mods as well as custom games can be built using Lua scripting, a language and API that's very simple to learn even for those with minimal programming knowledge. The player model is also compatible with Minecraft skins, at least early versions before cloth support was added (hair however works). It already has a very large community, and is perhaps one of the most popular FOSS games on the internet to this day... an user base is therefore not something we'd be lacking either, granted people are fine with the whole vore aspect.

Minetest.net - Minetest Git - Modding API

If anyone was to make a vore mod and server for Minetest, I would gladly join in on a regular basis! There's already a mod for it which clones Minecraft almost entirely (not part of vanilla Minetest of course), and I believe there's still a My Little Pony mod which has a server somewhere too... certainly Vorecraft can be considered, or in this case Voretest :D

Like I said I'm already too busy with other projects. If need be however, I can at least provide help with Lua and the modding API here.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Re: Vorecraft for Minetest

Postby VelocityGaming » Mon May 22, 2017 10:01 pm

ok ive considered this in the past before, but minecraft written in C++? i thought microsoft only did it through windows 10 ver. well im interested in a minecraft vore server but there must be more details then this, plz send me the details in a PM.
VelocityGaming
Been posting for a bit

Postby VelocityGaming » Mon May 22, 2017 10:02 pm

ok ive considered this in the past before, but minecraft written in C++? i thought microsoft only did it through windows 10 ver. well im interested in a minecraft vore server but there must be more details then this, plz send me the details in a PM.
VelocityGaming
Been posting for a bit

Postby LuluBoxFox » Tue May 23, 2017 2:53 am

There is a minecraft server with vore plugins already so what would be the goal with making a vore mod for a clone??
LuluBoxFox
Been posting for a bit

Postby wisecrack3 » Tue May 23, 2017 5:50 am

Connorcreeper wrote:There is a minecraft server with vore plugins already so what would be the goal with making a vore mod for a clone??

More control over the mod, as minecraft doesn't give you as much control over the game. Minetest allows you to change everything at it's core, making the "mods" higher quality.
Mimes are vampires who wear makeup to avoid the sunlight, only able to speak safely in the dark
wisecrack3
Been posting for a bit

Postby MirceaKitsune » Tue May 23, 2017 8:09 am

VelocityGaming wrote:ok ive considered this in the past before, but minecraft written in C++? i thought microsoft only did it through windows 10 ver. well im interested in a minecraft vore server but there must be more details then this, plz send me the details in a PM.

C++ is actually much better for a resource intensive game engine. I'm surprised how Minecraft even gets away with so much performance and functionality through Java.

Which details are you interested in? You can ask in this thread, unless there's any reason to keep things private. I explained Minetest briefly in my post, and its resource pages can likely help too. I can also offer some help with the modding API, though you have to become familiar with it and existing mods first... for instance mobs aren't even implemented in vanilla minetest_game and exist as a variety of mods.

Connorcreeper wrote:There is a minecraft server with vore plugins already so what would be the goal with making a vore mod for a clone??

To have an alternative on one hand? People who are bored with Minecraft and familiar with its functionality might find new things to do in such a project, which offers slightly different features and functionalities.

Most importantly though, Minetest is FOSS... meaning that people who haven't bought Minecraft and don't want to can find a nice experience here. MT is also much more friendly to modding, and offers more compatibility for a variety of features and changes... MC still needs to be more or less hacked to provide the right functionality. Like I said this is currently the #1 MineCraft alternative, perhaps close to Terasology... the effort would therefore not go into some obscure project, but a widespread environment of the free gaming community.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby MariAquaria » Tue May 23, 2017 8:23 am

MirceaKitsune wrote:
VelocityGaming wrote:ok ive considered this in the past before, but minecraft written in C++? i thought microsoft only did it through windows 10 ver. well im interested in a minecraft vore server but there must be more details then this, plz send me the details in a PM.

C++ is actually much better for a resource intensive game engine. I'm surprised how Minecraft even gets away with so much performance and functionality through Java.

Which details are you interested in? You can ask in this thread, unless there's any reason to keep things private. I explained Minetest briefly in my post, and its resource pages can likely help too. I can also offer some help with the modding API, though you have to become familiar with it and existing mods first... for instance mobs aren't even implemented in vanilla minetest_game and exist as a variety of mods.

To have an alternative on one hand? People who are bored with Minecraft and familiar with its functionality might find new things to do in such a project, which offers slightly different features and functionalities.

Most importantly though, Minetest is FOSS... meaning that people who haven't bought Minecraft and don't want to can find a nice experience here. MT is also much more friendly to modding, and offers more compatibility for a variety of features and changes... MC still needs to be more or less hacked to provide the right functionality. Like I said this is currently the #1 MineCraft alternative, perhaps close to Terasology... the effort would therefore not go into some obscure project, but a widespread environment of the free gaming community.

There is one more thing... not everybody can afford to buy Minecraft, so they can't join the server. Minetest, on the other hand, is free as far as I can tell.
MariAquaria
Somewhat familiar

Postby CreativeWriter » Tue May 23, 2017 10:29 am

What's the name of the server?
There are no kangaroos in Austria.
CreativeWriter
Somewhat familiar

Postby MariAquaria » Tue May 23, 2017 5:03 pm

CreativeWriter wrote:

What's the name of the server?

You quite literally just posted in a topic in the thread for the server...
MariAquaria
Somewhat familiar

Postby DeliciousMorsel » Wed May 24, 2017 3:30 am

MirceaKitsune wrote:I'm surprised how Minecraft even gets away with so much performance and functionality through Java.

It's because Java isn't slow. Hasn't been for decades. Java performance meets or exceeds C/C++ performance - the JIT is extremely good. "Java is slow" is a much perpetuated myth, since it was true back when Java used an interpreter.

Minecraft is slow because it's poorly made. Nothing else.

Also, hi! Apparently you made my KDE theme.
DeliciousMorsel
New to the forum

Postby MirceaKitsune » Wed May 24, 2017 6:19 am

DeliciousMorsel wrote:It's because Java isn't slow. Hasn't been for decades. Java performance meets or exceeds C/C++ performance - the JIT is extremely good. "Java is slow" is a much perpetuated myth, since it was true back when Java used an interpreter.

Minecraft is slow because it's poorly made. Nothing else.

Also, hi! Apparently you made my KDE theme.

I guess. Still not a fan of Java and preferring C++ over it, but if Minecraft pulled it off I guess it works both ways.

And haha, nice! I was not expecting someone here to find and use my KDE themes... the internet can be a small place after all :D I made Colorbit and Freeze to better emulate Windows Aero, with both blur and customizable scheme colors.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby movler » Wed May 24, 2017 4:11 pm

minecraft at its vanilla stage has almost no issues and run perfectly, the issue with it is that theres no modding API so mods have to force themself into minecraft and break it to override with their own thing. Since things that are not supported are squeezed in you do not get the best preformance, this in C++ and got an API will be a lot easier to play around with and do whatever you want with, should be possible with even animations of vore thanks to that, however when it comes to server, id be able to host one but i know nothing of coding and im not 100% sure i could keep it alive 24/7 + the issue of that the location would be northern europe and would cause issues for everyone but the russians in terms of lag (american servers are almost a countout for me)
movler
Been posting for a bit

Postby wisecrack3 » Wed May 24, 2017 7:09 pm

If anyone makes such a mod, they better post it on this thread. I don't wanna miss out
Mimes are vampires who wear makeup to avoid the sunlight, only able to speak safely in the dark
wisecrack3
Been posting for a bit

Postby iasiney » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:13 pm

wisecrack3 wrote:If anyone makes such a mod, they better post it on this thread. I don't wanna miss out

Sorry for necroposting. Would anyone still be interested in supporting this? If so, I would start to develop a minetest game. Let me know and I'll start a new forum topic post.
iasiney
Somewhat familiar

Return to Vorecraft