Voragotchi

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Voragotchi

Postby riku162 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:08 am

Is there any way to get more money?
riku162
New to the forum

Postby MirceaKitsune » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:11 am

riku162 wrote:Is there any way to get more money?

Not yet. The current game is mainly a demo to test the sprites and engine features. The gameplay will slowly come next, as I decide on a general layout for the mods and elements.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby NekoYuki » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:32 am

Would it be possible just to add a money ticker, for now, without causing problems? have it give 5/10 every few minutes
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby RC8015 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:57 am

I think its fine as it is as a proof of concept. Sure, a money ticker would help, but then there would be more smaller things you coukld add "just for now", and suddenly you waste time on doing these things which would be way more usefull spend on the real things.
And things which are made "just for now" somehow tend to stay way longer than intended, and then change the plan of the game you once had slowly. I like it more to wait longer and instead have a game the developer stands behind completly and which is made how he envisioned it instead of having something full of work arounds and other temporary fixes.
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:08 pm

I simply have to give a shout out to Lilychan on FA, for being so awesome and making this adorable piece of fanart for the project! Thank you so much :-D

https://www.furaffinity.net/view/23723363

I'll actually consider taking inspiration from his concept of the UI: It's very accurate to how I'd like to see the end product look, although some things I do plan to do a bit differently.
MirceaKitsune
???

Voragotchi update (08-06-2017)

Postby MirceaKitsune » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:43 am

Spent the last few days working lotses on Voragotchi. A bunch of sweet new features is now available in GIT master:

• A whole new interface design is now in place, inspired by lilychan's fanart of the project. The new UI is cleaner, more visually appealing, and contains more useful information.
  • The pet now has a dominance trait, which affects how they behave toward the player and other people; When this trait is high, the pet will occasionally steal food from you or merchants that are visiting.
  • There is also a wanted level, which increases as your pet terrorizes the community; This currently goes up as food gets stolen from merchants, and will later increase as people are kidnapped and start disappearing. The higher this value, the less likely it is for people to visit any more, while instead a police officer will show up (not yet implemented). Based on how serious things are, the player will later risk fines or arrest (game over).
  • Game speed has been scaled to match expected gameplay length. Your pet will now starve in roughly 4 real life hours, instead of 1 minute as the previous settings specified. For the old functionality, use a speed / difficulty value of 100 before starting a new game.
  • The player's hands are now drawn in a 1st person perspective when items are selected. For instance you can see your hand holding the apple while interacting with an apple.

MirceaKitsune
???

Postby SquishySofty » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:48 pm

Oh wow, it looks even more better then before! :-D
From the fanart image i seen, the Weather interface was collapsed and full view. If it was hidden, it would be exactly like you developed.

Also, i think i saw something else in the Game's file. It was another pet. 8O
Game Developer (With Godot Engine) and Sprite artist/animator ❤
❤ Maria best chunky girl~ ❤
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MirceaKitsune » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:08 pm

SilhouettiShine wrote:Oh wow, it looks even more better then before! :-D
From the fanart image i seen, the Weather interface was collapsed and full view. If it was hidden, it would be exactly like you developed.

Also, i think i saw something else in the Game's file. It was another pet. 8O

Thankie, I'm glad you like! And yes... there are actually sprites for two pets: The kitty, and a doggy! Both were taken and developed together based off the originals (link here). However only the definitions for the cat exist, since at this stage I prefer not creating two definitions which I'd have to edit together each time (so a mod for the dog comes later).
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby SquishySofty » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:15 pm

I can see in the original files, it have the walking and the jumping animation.
I wonder... If the pet(s) in one screen could roam around the field? 8O
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MirceaKitsune » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:36 pm

SilhouettiShine wrote:I can see in the original files, it have the walking and the jumping animation.
I wonder... If the pet(s) in one screen could roam around the field? 8O

That would require element animations. My engine can't currently do this, and there are no plans at this moment to implement such... I might consider CSS animation perhaps, but I don't know. The code relies on simple HTML elements like this very forum, and actual animation would add a whole new layer of complexity, which goes beyond what the engine was intended for.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby SquishySofty » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:10 pm

Oh, i see.
Anyways, keep up the good work! :D
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:36 am

So it's been over a month, hows the game doing.

I hope this doesn't come across as "WHERES MY DAMN UPDATES!!!"
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MirceaKitsune » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:55 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:So it's been over a month, hows the game doing.

I hope this doesn't come across as "WHERES MY DAMN UPDATES!!!"

Been busy with the Vore Tournament release this month. Next month I'll also be away for a few weeks, so there won't be as much activity from me in general. Fear not, I don't plan to abandon this project anytime soon :)
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:23 pm

Will there be some, more human(at least "like") "pets" at some point?(Like Lamia or Harpies at least?)
Turbotowns
???

Postby MirceaKitsune » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:15 am

Turbotowns wrote:Will there be some, more human(at least "like") "pets" at some point?(Like Lamia or Harpies at least?)

Not really, sorry; Not into human preds at all... plus this doesn't really fit the theme of a tamagotchi anyway.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:53 am

MirceaKitsune wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:Will there be some, more human(at least "like") "pets" at some point?(Like Lamia or Harpies at least?)

Not really, sorry; Not into human preds at all... plus this doesn't really fit the theme of a tamagotchi anyway.

Well, I said human-like. Would a slime be possible? (I'm hoping for slime-girl of course, but even just a plain old blob would be fine.)
Turbotowns
???

Postby MirceaKitsune » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:12 am

Turbotowns wrote:Well, I said human-like. Would a slime be possible? (I'm hoping for slime-girl of course, but even just a plain old blob would be fine.)

By default, only the cat and later the dog will be added. You can make your own sub-game with custom definitions by modifying the json files... this is currently difficult but a simplified game editor might happen later.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby tiredtomato » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:22 am

would you believe me if i said i had an idea to make a game almost exactly like this not too long ago?

ah well, good luck with everything i guess! it's looking pretty good so far
tiredtomato
Somewhat familiar

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:15 am

wartomato wrote:would you believe me if i said i had an idea to make a game almost exactly like this not too long ago?

ah well, good luck with everything i guess! it's looking pretty good so far

Absolutely not. That is completely physically impossible, you are a liar sir. Good DAY!
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby darknessblades » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:06 pm

have you already implied console cheat codes:

like get apple 1000 to get 1000 apples.
or set time 10,10,10,0 to make it 10:10,10 PM
or set time 10,10,10,1 to make it 10:10,10 AM
set temp 10 to make it 10C

this for everyting that has a viewable data,
that way bug testing would be easier
darknessblades