Should we ban vore from DeviantArt?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Should we ban vore from DeviantArt?

Postby DontShowMeOnGoogle55555 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:29 pm

This has probably already been covered before, but vore really shouldn't be on DeviantArt. It's not a fetish site. It's a site for normal art. Non-voraphiles are honestly pretty pissed about the shit they have to put up with on that site, and I don't really blame them.

So, my question is, should vore and other fetish art be banned from DevaintArt, and force artists to move to actual fetish sites?
DontShowMeOnGoogle55555
Been posting for a bit

Re: Should we ban vore from DeviantArt?

Postby AdjectiveNounCombo » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:32 pm

Flareblood wrote:This has probably already been covered before, but vore really shouldn't be on DeviantArt. It's not a fetish site. It's a site for normal art. Non-voraphiles are honestly pretty pissed about the shit they have to put up with on that site, and I don't really blame them.

Haha what
AdjectiveNounCombo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DontShowMeOnGoogle55555 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:33 pm

Alpha wrote:
Flareblood wrote:This has probably already been covered before, but vore really shouldn't be on DeviantArt. It's not a fetish site. It's a site for normal art. Non-voraphiles are honestly pretty pissed about the shit they have to put up with on that site, and I don't really blame them.

Haha what

You know what I mean.
DontShowMeOnGoogle55555
Been posting for a bit

Postby Eka » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:37 pm

Why do you think you have a say how other people use Deviantart, or how Deviantart run their site anyway?
Eka
Administrator

Postby DontShowMeOnGoogle55555 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:39 pm

Eka wrote:Why do you think you have a say how other people use Deviantart, or how Deviantart run their site anyway?

Because, vore and other fetish artists on DevaintArt are constantly being bashed because idiots decide to comment copy-paste hate comments on their art. I just want them to move to a more open and welcoming site.
DontShowMeOnGoogle55555
Been posting for a bit

Postby Eka » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:47 pm

Flareblood wrote:
Because, vore and other fetish artists on DevaintArt are constantly being bashed because idiots decide to comment copy-paste hate comments on their art. I just want them to move to a more open and welcoming site.

You should phase your topic better. Maybe say something like "Should we try to encourage people not to post vore art on non-fetish site" instead.
Eka
Administrator

Postby jaykayeight » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:47 pm

Thats part of the freedom we share. In all honesty: To retreat to fetish sides or "to go hiding" would send a wrong signal to the haters.
Actually there are some further plans to ban or to cleanup the web. Why would you want to do their job if theyre all so keen of doing it?
AND in all consequence then all the foot-fetishists, BDSM, sadists, masochists etc. should retreat as well. I doubt DeviantArt would welcome
this sudden break in their statistics.
jaykayeight
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby kernac » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:55 pm

Flareblood wrote:
Eka wrote:Why do you think you have a say how other people use Deviantart, or how Deviantart run their site anyway?

Apparently its a thing to hate on vore and other fetishes on Deviantart. I see where you are coming from, there's even people who are dedicated youtubers doing videos about vore cringe on Deviantart. Quite honestly, this is just a case of people finding something weird they can laugh at without really thinking about it. Deviant art is not a fetish site, or is it? The site has no policy against adult art, and fetish art is really just that. As long as the fetish art is rated 18+ there really isn't any reasons for them to make any fuss and any hate directed at such is simply online harassment and bullying. Quite honestly, we can warn people about the harassment going on on deviant art, but to post vore art on that site should really be the decision of the individual.
Feel free to visit my gallery, there I store my art and writings as well as commissioned pieces I have gathered over the years:

-My gallery.
kernac
Overlord of the Rose

Postby Rat_Guy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:56 pm

Nobody here has the power to ban anything from DeviantArt
Rat_Guy
want to be a game sage

Postby LightningLord2 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:10 pm

DeviantArt is the butthole of art portals. People are begging for free art, there's a lot of vitriolic comments about artistic skill and the site blatantly condones art theft.
LightningLord2
???

Postby Chaos3 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:20 pm

Alpha wrote:
Haha what

Sums this topic up perfectly.
Last edited by Chaos3 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chaos3
Been posting for a bit

Postby killermeow » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:23 pm

Flareblood wrote:So, my question is, should vore and other fetish art be banned from DevaintArt, and force artists to move to actual fetish sites?

Should vore and other fetish things that appear in general media that we get turned on by be banned from the general media? Literally ANYTHING can be a fetish. It's not your job to be the police for a completely different site- especially when a lot of vore artists there aren't even here. If it's against their ToS/AUP then fine, but don't be a jackass to the people who just want to post art/make a living. That's like me strolling into your work and saying 'Hey, this guy is harassing people on the internet for no good reason, you should fire him.' Bad troll is bad, pick a better topic to troll with, this one sucks.
Now, back to our scheduled lurking.
If I sound rude, I'm being blunt, likely because somebody did something stupid. I'm not the best at controlling it sometimes
killermeow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby sweetladyamy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:33 pm

Answer:

NO.

NO.

FUCK NO.

And SHAME on you for even suggesting the idea. Oh, and fuck the idiots who troll on adult/kinky art; they can burn for all I care.

Of course, a huge difference between the haters and those who choose to politely disclose their aversions, that's fine! Fuck!
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby DontShowMeOnGoogle55555 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:46 pm

sweetladyamy wrote:Answer:

NO.

NO.

FUCK NO.

And SHAME on you for even suggesting the idea. Oh, and fuck the idiots who troll on adult/kinky art; they can burn for all I care.

Of course, a huge difference between the haters and those who choose to politely disclose their aversions, that's fine! Fuck!

I'm only trying to stop people from actively hating on people for drawing what they want to draw, Jesus Christ, calm down.
DontShowMeOnGoogle55555
Been posting for a bit

Postby DontShowMeOnGoogle55555 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:47 pm

LightningLord2 wrote:DeviantArt is the butthole of art portals. People are begging for free art, there's a lot of vitriolic comments about artistic skill and the site blatantly condones art theft.

So where is someone supposed to post their art, then?
DontShowMeOnGoogle55555
Been posting for a bit

Postby CreativeWriter » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:51 pm

kernac wrote:Apparently its a thing to hate on vore and other fetishes on Deviantart. I see where you are coming from, there's even people who are dedicated youtubers doing videos about vore cringe on Deviantart. Quite honestly, this is just a case of people finding something weird they can laugh at without really thinking about it. Deviant art is not a fetish site, or is it? The site has no policy against adult art, and fetish art is really just that. As long as the fetish art is rated 18+ there really isn't any reasons for them to make any fuss and any hate directed at such is simply online harassment and bullying. Quite honestly, we can warn people about the harassment going on on deviant art, but to post vore art on that site should really be the decision of the individual.

I couldn't agree more.
There are no kangaroos in Austria.
CreativeWriter
Somewhat familiar

Should we encourage fetish artists to post on fetish sites?

Postby DontShowMeOnGoogle55555 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:52 pm

After my last thread "Should we ban vore from DeviantArt?" completely fucking bombed, I guess I should rephrase it.

Like I said in that thread, it's become a big issue for fetish artists (and viewers of those artists) that there are SO many people getting triggered and posting hate comments on their art. Hell, there are fucking YOUTUBE VIDEOS dedicated to browsing DeviantArt and saying "HAHA LOOK AT THIS IT'S SO CRINGEY LOLOLOLOLOLOL" and I hate it so much.

I know there's no stopping people from being toxic like this, but perhaps we can cut down on it by encouraging fetish artists to post on actual fetish sites, instead of non-fetish sites like DeviantArt?
DontShowMeOnGoogle55555
Been posting for a bit

Re: Should we encourage fetish artists to post on fetish sit

Postby Eka » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:57 pm

Flareblood wrote:After my last thread "Should we ban vore from DeviantArt?" completely fucking bombed, I guess I should rephrase it.

There are no need to make a new thread. Just edit your exiting thread.

Like I said in that thread, it's become a big issue for fetish artists (and viewers of those artists) that there are SO many people getting triggered and posting hate comments on their art. Hell, there are fucking YOUTUBE VIDEOS dedicated to browsing DeviantArt and saying "HAHA LOOK AT THIS IT'S SO CRINGEY LOLOLOLOLOLOL" and I hate it so much.

I don't see how that is an issue honestly. Who give a fuck what they think?

I know there's no stopping people from being toxic like this, but perhaps we can cut down on it by encouraging fetish artists to post on actual fetish sites, instead of non-fetish sites like DeviantArt?

Doing exactly what those people want you to do (go into hiding, in their perspective) is not cutting it down. What you purpose only encourage those people who do stuff you don't like to do it more. Cause you are telling them whatever they are doing is effective.
Eka
Administrator

Postby John » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:20 pm

Being concerned about what other think and doing what they want is a horrible way to go through life. You will find someone who will disagree with whatever you do so we would all just sit in the dark doing nothing. No we shouldn't as a collective bow to other's will of where we post our art as long as it does not go against the rules of said site.
John
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby killermeow » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:23 pm

Again, you aren't the police of other sites. If it's in their rules, who are we to judge. Ignore it and move on, that is literally the best solution to the 'problem' you are having here. People aren't going out and encouraging others to post fetish art on DA, people posting their fetish art there chose to for some reason or another in the first place, that is THEIR choice. Not yours. Even if they already post it to other sites like FA or here, they still chose to put it up there as well. Ignore it. Move on. If you can't do either, grow a thicker skin because you alone do not have power over the entire internet, you are not the ruler of the planet, they have as much of a right to post their art there as you do to say 'Hey you should post this somewhere else.' Doesn't mean they'll listen.
Now, back to our scheduled lurking.
If I sound rude, I'm being blunt, likely because somebody did something stupid. I'm not the best at controlling it sometimes
killermeow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion