Idea I have for a story. What do you think?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Idea I have for a story. What do you think?

Postby Miridium » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:08 pm

I'm considering throwing my hat into the writing ring on this site.

One of my ideas was in the near future in our world, a girl becomes an immortal indestructible giantess (for reasons I have yet to come up with). Despite now being impervious to death she still gets hungry and her digestive system still demands food. After a while she reluctantly turns to eating people out of extreme hunger and because there are so many of us. And because her new physiology has somehow made it that we are the most filling. Years pass and she is running out of cities to loot of its inhabitants with many fleeing deeper and deeper underground. Yet underground is still not safe because she has been making tools to dig these hypogean metropolises up. Since she's impossible to kill, humans will surely become extinct unless they can either convince her to stop or make a way to return her to regular sized people.

I wasn't sure about how exactly to go about it in terms of point of view. From her point of view? Or from a surviving human's? I also don't know how or where to post long stories to this site.

What do you guys think? Good idea or bad idea?
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Idea I have for a story. What do you think?

Postby bigmacrmuk » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:36 pm

First off, this is a good idea and would make for a good concept.

If I might make a suggestion, I would suggest seralising it. Several chapters from various different points of view - that of the giantess, and from those humans trying to survive and/or bring her down. Perhaps a prologue involving her "creation" and then the story really begins once she's been active for a while and so a sort of post-apocalyptic setting?

Regarding story posts, you can put them in the "Work to be shared" section, or you can PM Eka to ask for a gallery once you've done a chapter ot two.

Feel free to PM me if you've got any more questions, and good luck! 8)
bigmacrmuk
Been posting for a bit

Postby Miridium » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:41 pm

bigmacrmuk wrote:First off, this is a good idea and would make for a good concept.

If I might make a suggestion, I would suggest seralising it. Several chapters from various different points of view - that of the giantess, and from those humans trying to survive and/or bring her down. Perhaps a prologue involving her "creation" and then the story really begins once she's been active for a while and so a sort of post-apocalyptic setting?

Regarding story posts, you can put them in the "Work to be shared" section, or you can PM Eka to ask for a gallery once you've done a chapter ot two.

Thank you so much for the reply and feedback!

Yeah I was definitely thinking of a post apocalyptic setting. You're right, a serialized version would probably be best.
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby bigmacrmuk » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:54 pm

Miridium wrote:
bigmacrmuk wrote:First off, this is a good idea and would make for a good concept.

Thank you so much for the reply and feedback!

Yeah I was definitely thinking of a post apocalyptic setting. You're right, a serialized version would probably be best.

No problem. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
bigmacrmuk
Been posting for a bit

Postby Barghest236 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:07 pm

I agree that your concept would work very well if you used multiple perspectives. You have a good, sympathetic pred who does terrible things out of reluctance and necessity. And you have the ordinary people who are constantly struggling to survive. By switching back and forth between these viewpoints, you could potentially get readers to root for both sides and create some lovely drama in the process.

Also, I love the idea that prey and pred might share the same goal (to cure the monster) and that there's a hard deadline (the extinction of humanity) for both sides to come together for a solution.
"Welcome to the Corley Institute! Interns will please refrain from provoking the Manticore Thistles, as antidote supplies are currently limited."
Barghest236
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aleph-Null » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:59 pm

I'm not into GTS, but I did want to say that a lot of these types of stories come of as rather contrived. That is to be expected considering the subject matter of this site. Still, I think these types of stories work out better if the author avoids explanation unless there is a very good reason for it. In a setting like you describe, if you were to write this in series as suggested, you don't need a lot of explanation as to the why or how.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Miridium » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:23 pm

Barghest236 wrote:I agree that your concept would work very well if you used multiple perspectives. You have a good, sympathetic pred who does terrible things out of reluctance and necessity. And you have the ordinary people who are constantly struggling to survive. By switching back and forth between these viewpoints, you could potentially get readers to root for both sides and create some lovely drama in the process.

Also, I love the idea that prey and pred might share the same goal (to cure the monster) and that there's a hard deadline (the extinction of humanity) for both sides to come together for a solution.

I agree. I'm definitely aiming for a pred who is sympathetic. One who isn't evil. Just hungry.
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby sweetladyamy » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:52 pm

I might not be specifically into macro/micro, but a good story is a good story, and the concept of this alone is more than enough for me to want to read it.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby minakotomoka14 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:00 pm

That`s an interesting idea, even though I`m not really into giantess stuff, I like the concept. If you`re writing it in a novel format, I`d suggest writing it in first person, from the giantess`s point of view, so you can really get into her head and feel her raw emotions and regret for all the horrible things she`s doing. You could be able to sympathize for both the giantess and the humans, creating a struggle between who to cheer for and who the real monsters are.
Prey-leaning switch gal and writer with a passion for M/F vore and a love for being devoured by giant men of all kinds.
minakotomoka14
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby fixated1 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:19 pm

Just hungry doesn't make a predator sympathetic. Especially when that hunger brings humanity to the brink of extinction. That's pretty blatantly evil or indistinguishable from it for the "but what is evil" crowd. You're going to have to work harder than just hungry to make a character wiping out the human race, literally digging the last few out of the holes they're hiding in, be sympathetic.

The only way I see this predator possibly being sympathetic is if she went into a state where she blacked out and had no control and was working to combat this or trying to kill herself to stop it.
fixated1
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby granblue » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:27 pm

fixated1 wrote:Just hungry doesn't make a predator sympathetic. Especially when that hunger brings humanity to the brink of extinction. That's pretty blatantly evil or indistinguishable from it for the "but what is evil" crowd. You're going to have to work harder than just hungry to make a character wiping out the human race, literally digging the last few out of the holes they're hiding in, be sympathetic.

The only way I see this predator possibly being sympathetic is if she went into a state where she blacked out and had no control and was working to combat this or trying to kill herself to stop it.

If she's immortal, and there's no limit to how bad her hunger can get, it's completely understandable that she'd start eating whatever she can eventually. The agony and desperation would just become too much to bear. But I do imagine she will be constantly trying to kill herself.
granblue
Participator

Postby Miridium » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:18 am

fixated1 wrote:Just hungry doesn't make a predator sympathetic. Especially when that hunger brings humanity to the brink of extinction. That's pretty blatantly evil or indistinguishable from it for the "but what is evil" crowd. You're going to have to work harder than just hungry to make a character wiping out the human race, literally digging the last few out of the holes they're hiding in, be sympathetic.

What the guy immediately below you said. She doesn't want any of this. Never. But she's tried so many different ways to kill herself over the years that she's given up. Even trying to starve herself to death didn't work. She can't die. Plain and simple. Yet the hunger continues to get worse without eating people. And yes it continues to get worse and worse and worse and eating someone is the only way to relieve it. It's a cruel joke basically. She can't die yet she continues to get punished for not eating.

Think about it. If you were in THE ABSOLUTE WORST PAIN EVER you would do anything to end it. And if you survived it you would do anything to avoid it. In real life everyone has their breaking point. No exceptions.
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Return to General Vore Discussion