Most popular species of pred?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Dragon
22%
Human
50%
Whale
No votes
Dolphin
No votes
Pokémon
8%
Digimon
No votes
Monster/other
3%
Cats (any)
4%
Anthros
8%
Dogs (any)
No votes
Fish (any)
No votes
Bear (any)
No votes
Birds (any)
No votes
Dinosaur (any)
1%
Animal/other
3%
Other (Please specify)
2%

Total votes : 115

Postby justinrpg » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:20 am

What do you think is the most popular species of pred is for vore?

I am thinking it is dragons. Dragons are what started vore for me, and used to be my main pred. In fact, Urban Dictionary mentions swallowed by dragons in the vorarephilia definition.

What do you guys say the most popular species for pred is?
She frantically searches for her human husband, unaware that he is in her stomach.
justinrpg
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Most popular species of pred?

Postby coop500 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:59 am

I would definately say dragons or cats, there's like a ton of catgirls too.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby TaurenDevourer » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:26 am

I'd say anthros, since it's such a broad spectrum it encompasses everything outside of ferals, humans, and neko's. Given so many different preds (including dragons) can be anthros, it seems like a strong contender.
TaurenDevourer
Participator

Postby Borealis » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:43 am

If anyone were to write a story about an anthro female pred, and then wrote exactly the same story with a female human pred. I guarantee the human pred would get far more attention.

Content creators aside, the fan base of vore on the whole is very [female] human centric. This is understandable, though, so I'm not griping.

But, yeah, this isn't even a contest in my eyes. Even if you discount human male, human women alone have got to be the most frequent pred.
Voyager of canine interiors...

In my story gallery, macro feral and anthro fun awaits you...
Borealis
---

Postby sweetladyamy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:10 am

I think 'popular' is subjective, because there is at least one person whose view would completely deny the statistics, and another, and another, and so on.

But to be honest, I do believe that the women have it, hands down.

I know that my preference is based around my sexual preference, but I love t-girl preds (or prey) even more.

Yes, I use t-girl rather than herm because there is a difference. Let us not discuss it here.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby Ghrelin » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:20 am

pretty sure humans are the most common/popular, giant women in particular.
Ghrelin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CurioHeart » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:07 am

Looking through the tag cloud, it certainly seems that humans and dragons make up two of the most significant shares of vore here, each with around 12k tags.

I wonder what it would take to make a scraper to round up and count all tags used on the site (and if it's even allowed under the ToS). Since the available tag cloud only shows a portion of the actual tags used, I'd be very curious to see just how many tags are actually in use and how many of them specify gender and species.
CurioHeart
New to the forum

Postby Tyslan03 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:14 am

Where's the snake love? There is a TON of snake vore. I find it odd that dolphin and fish get a category but not them.

Irrelevant I guess, because I'm pretty sure human wins. I didn't even know there was a human tag because, if the tags don't specify, it's just seems to be assumed human.
Tyslan03
Participator

Postby New » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:06 pm

Wolves for me; I got my start from the Grimm brothers, so lupine predators have always been my favorite, though dragons, snakes, and other reptiles appeal as well.
New
Somewhat familiar

Postby Marty1000 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:27 pm

Snakes! Where are the snakes?
Marty1000
New to the forum

Postby minakotomoka14 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:53 pm

I think humans are the most popular predators. Even humanoids or demi-humans count too, because there`s so much you can do with them.
Prey-leaning switch gal and writer with a passion for M/F vore and a love for being devoured by giant men of all kinds.
minakotomoka14
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Krowley » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:58 pm

I'm gonna back up minakotomoka14 and say humans (and humanoids) are probably pretty up there, especially because they encompass so much. Me, I just find them a lot more fun to write since I love propping all my weird vore up on torrid romances.
Krowley
Been posting for a bit

Postby N-Mario » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:13 pm

Humans as most popular? *Blah* Please....... I prefer something like Dolphins, or giant fish. Sometimes sharks or whales, depending on my mood.
I'm a dolphin that prefers devouring my best buddy.
He loves to be eaten by me. I don't mind that at all.
N-Mario
---

Postby minakotomoka14 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:28 pm

Krowley wrote:I'm gonna back up minakotomoka14 and say humans (and humanoids) are probably pretty up there, especially because they encompass so much. Me, I just find them a lot more fun to write since I love propping all my weird vore up on torrid romances.

I agree, I love romance in vore, it helps to add emotion and personality to a story. I don`t really come across vore romance all that often, unless I just happen to be missing it. Plus, for me, vore usually takes place between people/characters that I am attracted to, so that adds to the experience as well.
Prey-leaning switch gal and writer with a passion for M/F vore and a love for being devoured by giant men of all kinds.
minakotomoka14
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Humbug » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:03 pm

In the vore community, humans are definitely the most popular just because people in the vore community by-and-large prefer humans/humanoids. If you count general media, though, dragons are easily the most popular just by sheer bulk of usage. They were practically designed via that instinctual fear of predators, so it'd only make sense that they'd be the most popular outside the vore community itself. If you count that as "vore" of course, which some folks may not without the fetish and/or fascination element.
Humbug
---

Postby Kirah » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:56 pm

As far as vore art goes, it's definitely humans. Furries are probably a close second.
Kirah
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby dontwannabefoundout » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:57 pm

This poll is extremely flawed without snakes as it's own category. Also Dolphins? Really?
dontwannabefoundout
New to the forum

Postby justinrpg » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:25 pm

dontwannabefoundout wrote:This poll is extremely flawed without snakes as it's own category. Also Dolphins? Really?

I cannot believe I forgot snakes! I was trying to think up more to add when I came up with all these and I am not sure why snakes didn't cross my mind! :(
She frantically searches for her human husband, unaware that he is in her stomach.
justinrpg
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby EndercreeperMugen » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:26 pm

In-general; humans and dragons seem to be most popular
For me personally; humans and (some but not all) furries/anthros, I'm also ungodly biased towards catgirl preds~
EndercreeperMugen
Somewhat familiar

Postby Miridium » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:00 pm

Human only to be honest. Anything else gets into bestiality for me.
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion