Most popular species of pred?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Most popular species of pred?

Dragon
22%
Human
50%
Whale
No votes
Dolphin
No votes
Pokémon
8%
Digimon
No votes
Monster/other
3%
Cats (any)
4%
Anthros
8%
Dogs (any)
No votes
Fish (any)
No votes
Bear (any)
No votes
Birds (any)
No votes
Dinosaur (any)
1%
Animal/other
3%
Other (Please specify)
2%

Total votes : 115

Re: Most popular species of pred?

Postby Shirehorse7 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:35 pm

There are a ton of good predators, of course everyone has their preferences and favorites. I personally like Pokémon and grazing animal predators. They look like the fun ones to play with.
Shirehorse7
Somewhat familiar

Postby GabbyKobold » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:31 pm

Humans? Really?? Oh well, to each their own, but I prefer humans as prey. I like preds who are more... you know... predatory.
GabbyKobold
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby minakotomoka14 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:42 pm

Miridium wrote:Human only to be honest. Anything else gets into bestiality for me.

I agree. I`m not into furries and all that stuff, and I, uh...have no attraction to animals, so yeah, human predators only for me.
Prey-leaning switch gal and writer with a passion for M/F vore and a love for being devoured by giant men of all kinds.
minakotomoka14
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Jayezox » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:40 am

I think it's humans > dragons > anthros > pokemon > snakes without looking up tags. Maybe anthros and dragons are switched and maybe snakes and pokemon, but humans are easily on top.

It's not like any of these are significantly harder to draw so they don't have that same effect as full tour or something. Tags and views are definitely a good way to measure popularity. Heck, humans probably are the hardest to draw going by how many artists complain about drawing them. That means that method skews them away from being drawn more than anything.
Jayezox
---

Postby Tastymeat » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:33 am

I would say humans ...and easier for the majority and non vores to refer to imagine as we are all human.
Tastymeat
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby shazycrit » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:07 pm

snakes missing - that was allready mentioned (and answered by you). As well as (from my experience at DA pretty popular, just like them snakes) lizzards, frogs and carnivorous plants...
shazycrit
Been posting for a bit

Postby anomlonewolf » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:01 pm

Miridium wrote:Human only to be honest. Anything else gets into bestiality for me.

As long as there's no penetration or any kind of sex involved (just eating), it isn't bestiality... some people prefer non-human cause it's very unrealistic for a human to swallow their food whole (not judging, though).
anomlonewolf
Been posting for a bit

Postby TimberWolf25 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:07 pm

I don't see how furry and animal vore is beasiality. Humans are technically still animals, and most vore isn't sex.
TimberWolf25
Somewhat familiar

Postby Miridium » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:54 pm

TimberWolf25 wrote:I don't see how furry and animal vore is beasiality. Humans are technically still animals, and most vore isn't sex.

So what if we are? Getting turned on by anything other than something that at least looks mostly human doesn't sit right with me.
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Jayezox » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:41 am

Miridium wrote:
TimberWolf25 wrote:I don't see how furry and animal vore is beasiality. Humans are technically still animals, and most vore isn't sex.

So what if we are? Getting turned on by anything other than something that at least looks mostly human doesn't sit right with me.

As someone who like ferals, I understand this. Seeing children in sexual vore situations doesn't sit right with me.
Jayezox
---

Postby TimberWolf25 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:51 am

Getting turned on by an animal vs by a fetish are 2 different things. Calling it beastiality isn't even used in the correct context. I could understand someone not liking these things, however at least get your terms straight.
TimberWolf25
Somewhat familiar

Postby dragonjerky » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:59 pm

Animal pred ≠ beastiality.

For me, animal and/or creature preds eating a human is closer to erotic peril and has nothing to do with beastiality. I'm in it for the fear and apprehension the prey feels(or excitement of the unknown in the case of willing), not a sexual desire towards a predator. I like having predators that could reasonably eat a human for this reason.

Please, stop thinking animal preds mean beastiality.

Anyway... As a member of team dragon, I'm disappointed(though not surprised) to see humans as the dominant pred. Micro/macro, samesize, and giant/giantess seem to be very abundant when I'm searching for vore content that suits my interest. It does make sense for dragons to be pretty popular though. There's plenty of "damsel in distress" stories and literature involving dragons or serpents throughout many different cultures in human history. In Christian mythology there's the story of St. George and the Dragon, in Greek mythology there's the story of Andromeda, in Japanese mythology there's Yamata no Orochi and also Yofune-nushi, etc...

Dragons being depicted as vicious predators are embedded in the historical fabric of many cultures. Kinda makes me wonder if there were actually any voraphiles in history or if sexual fetishes are only possible when you're not worried you'll contract the plague or if vikings are going to murder you and your entire family.
Last edited by dragonjerky on Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my gallery!*
*Warning: Check gallery description so you don't view content you don't like!
dragonjerky
Somewhat familiar

Postby 3rasvok » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:20 pm

I'm surprised how many people voted for humans, most vore related sites I've been on suggest that furry preds are dominant.
3rasvok
Been posting for a bit

Postby minakotomoka14 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:49 am

I think human predators are very popular because vore is a sexual fantasy for many people, and those people get to experience their fantasies of eating or being eaten by someone they like or are attracted to, whether that person be real or fictional. Humans are also a lot more versatile in many roleplay and story situations. With animals, you`re a bit limited depending on which animal you choose. Of course, humans have their limits too, but I think the romance/sexual aspect has a lot to do with their popularity.
Prey-leaning switch gal and writer with a passion for M/F vore and a love for being devoured by giant men of all kinds.
minakotomoka14
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Dragon2648 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:50 am

For me, definitely a dragon)
Dragon2648
New to the forum

Postby Kitsouille » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:32 am

A bit confused around comments. Is the poll trying to determine what's most popular, or is the thread asking what do people think is the most popular?

The most popular is probably humans or maybe anthros.
Kitsouille
???

Postby ZeBourgeoisie » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:32 am

Humans are most likely the most popular preds, although getting a truly accurate measurement is pretty much impossible.

Kitsouille wrote:A bit confused around comments. Is the poll trying to determine what's most popular, or is the thread asking what do people think is the most popular?

The most popular is probably humans or maybe anthros.

The thread seems to be misinterpreting 'popular' as 'favorite'. I'm not a big fan of country music, for example, but there's no denying that it's popular.
ZeBourgeoisie
Been posting for a bit

Postby Peptidase » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:01 pm

If i had to take a guess, it'd be ranked something like

Human, anthro, dragon, snake, naga, misc monster, misc feral, plant, other
30,000 words in half finished stories and counting!
Peptidase
Participator

Previous

Return to General Vore Discussion