Anyone got a Tulpa?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Anyone got a Tulpa?

Postby ChewDoo » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:44 am

Hello. I'm ChewDoo and as I'm posting this I'm sleep deprived.

I have a tulpa-ish creature. I'd like to know who else here has a tulpa or imaginary creature with them.
ChewDoo
New to the forum

Re: Anyone got a Tulpa?

Postby freamen101 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:04 am

I was intrigued by the idea of a sentient imaginary friend. The power of the subconscious is something I find fascinating, and i wanted to look at the scientific reasoning behind it. I tried to do the meditation but didn't get far because of school, and now work.
freamen101
New to the forum

Postby Leita » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:42 am

Fair warning, you are basically giving yourself hallucinations, and it's not good for your mental state to create a tulpa. Especially one which holds a dominant role over you. That's not me trying to shoot down your choices, just a heads up.
Leita
Somewhat familiar

Postby Sideromelane » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:44 am

What lives in my subconscious is not something that would tolerate another presence, but I have always found the concept fascinating.
Sideromelane
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ragnar » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:18 am

Leita wrote:Fair warning, you are basically giving yourself hallucinations

It's worse than that, you're giving yourself schizophrenia. It's a rather reckless and harmful thing to do, and I'd be curious to know what sort of benefit do you get out of it that made you think it was worth doing something so dangerous to your own mind.
ragnar
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Sideromelane » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:10 am

ragnar wrote:

It's worse than that, you're giving yourself schizophrenia. It's a rather reckless and harmful thing to do, and I'd be curious to know what sort of benefit do you get out of it that made you think it was worth doing something so dangerous to your own mind.

From what I've read, you can enable completely immersive waking dream states while interacting with the tulpa. Which given the nature of this forum probably means OP is interested in the results of adding vore to a tulpas repitiour. Full 3d, audio, smell and supposedly sensations.

Given the damage you can do to yourself with a merely sexually aware tulpa, I'd say it was a reckless and dangerous thing to contemplate. Everything I've seen regarding them is to stay away from enabling sexual behaviours, and for goodness sake never EVER give then any level if control over *you*.

Bear in mind a fully successful Tulpa is in essence a fully functional human being with their own mind, thoughts, hopes and fears, and a desire to survive, even at the cost of taking over the 'host' personality.

You are talking about a full blown 'multiple personality' schizophrenia.

Aside from sexual fantasies though, i think at a basic level they are like highly sophisticated memory management devices. An appointment book that you can see and talk to etc to retain information you cannot normally keep track of yourself. Sort of an anthropomorphic memory palace.
Sideromelane
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ChewDoo » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:23 am

Sideromelane wrote:
ragnar wrote:

From what I've read, you can enable completely immersive waking dream states while interacting with the tulpa. Which given the nature of this forum probably means OP is interested in the results of adding vore to a tulpas repitiour. Full 3d, audio, smell and supposedly sensations.

I'm not interesting in the results of something like that. I already have the results. :lol:
I'm interested if there are any other people on this site that have a tulpa or something similar, and if they wanna play around or chat or somesuch.
ChewDoo
New to the forum

Postby GeneralUrist » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:55 am

Wait hang on, what exactly is going on here? Are we all taking this seriously, or are we just humoring someone's shitpost?
GeneralUrist
Been posting for a bit

Postby ragnar » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:29 am

ragnar
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Sideromelane » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:19 am

GeneralUrist wrote:Wait hang on, what exactly is going on here? Are we all taking this seriously, or are we just humoring someone's shitpost?

It's one of these things that are not really recognized as real, but enough people have hurt themselves or have experienced it to lend it enough credence to be very wary of meddling with it.

It might be a shitpost, but like lucid dreaming, or putting a lightbulb in their mouth, once someone learns about it, they are tempted to try it.
Sideromelane
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Sideromelane » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:45 am

ragnar wrote:Have fun.
http://i.imgur.com/4kfi5HB.jpg

Not actually the most fucked up one of those I've read, but certainly the funniest.
Sideromelane
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ArcaneSigil » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:49 am

Lucid dreaming is completely legit. It works about 90% of the time. Just gotta sleep deeply and focus on one thing in particular, and let yourself slowly flow into a dream-like state that is under YOUR control.
Just a wolf lookin' for some fun. I like all sorts. Just... don't eat me.
ArcaneSigil
---

Postby Sideromelane » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:04 am

CrimsonFangX666 wrote:Lucid dreaming is completely legit. It works about 90% of the time. Just gotta sleep deeply and focus on one thing in particular, and let yourself slowly flow into a dream-like state that is under YOUR control.

Lucid dreaming is totally legit and safe. I do it a lot. It's just another of those little known things that isn't well understood and therefore is 'not real' but if someone learns about it, and tries it, it usually works right away.
Tulpas are also in the category of not well understood and therefore 'not real' but is incredibally risky compared to lucid dreams and memory palaces etc.
Sideromelane
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby EvangelineSkypaw » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:14 am

ragnar wrote:

Please give your sources for this baseless nonsense. Because without a realiable source, that's all your words are: Baseless nonsense.

Speaking as one who has created a tulpa (and may or may not have had several upon several voracious and/or possibly sexual experiences with her), I can safely say my life, contrary to what you say, is actually in less danger than it was before.

She's kept me from committing suicide more than once. Thankfully, I don't have those dark thoughts anymore. All the same, she was my best lifeline when I did.

I was a lot less lonely once she came into my life. They all say it's impossible to create a tulpa overnight, but mine would beg to differ. >w<

Not dangerous. It's literally impossible to "give yourself schizophrenia". And from what I hear, most tulpae are very friendly, and don't intend to cause their creators any harm.
Mine loves to snuggle and nom me~
Affectionate nomming is so cute~! <3
EvangelineSkypaw
Somewhat familiar

Postby minakotomoka14 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:40 am

Hell, I`ve never even heard of a tulpa until I came across this just today. I guess it`s some kind of imaginary friend? Seems like I`ve been learning a ton of new words since I joined this site...
Prey-leaning switch gal and writer with a passion for M/F vore and a love for being devoured by giant men of all kinds.
minakotomoka14
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ragnar » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:01 pm

EvangelineSkypaw wrote:Not dangerous. It's literally impossible to "give yourself schizophrenia". And from what I hear, most tulpae are very friendly, and don't intend to cause their creators any harm.
Mine loves to snuggle and nom me~

That sounds like what a Tulpa that had overcome its host's consciousness would force them to write, so to further spread their invasion :V

Joking aside. Unless you believe tulpas to be some actual magical beings, the explanation for the phenomena is that you bring your own subconscious to create a separated 'entity' in your mind, to which you dedicate - so to say - 'brain power' without noticing it. It's a mental puppet, you just hypnotize yourself into perceiving it and not noticing there's your hand inside it.
And that kind of 'split' has the same nature of schizophrenia.
ragnar
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Kirah » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:42 pm

If I can be entirely honest, Tulpas sound like unsubstantiated pseudoscience.

I don't think it's comparable to lucid dreaming, since lucid dreaming has some scientific basis behind it, and a large part of the population has experienced such a dream at least once.
Kirah
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby freamen101 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:54 pm

Kirah wrote:If I can be entirely honest, Tulpas sound like unsubstantiated pseudoscience.

I don't think it's comparable to lucid dreaming, since lucid dreaming has some scientific basis behind it, and a large part of the population has experienced such a dream at least once.

The whole thing supposedly originated with monks living in the Himalayas. They would meditate and create a tulpa as a companion when they went on a pilgrimage in the mountain range by themselves. I would imagine that a monk would have a much more stable subconscious then your average person. So there tulpa's we're purely for companionship that they would dismiss after their pilgrimage was over.
freamen101
New to the forum

Postby EnderDracolich » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:33 pm

Well, scientifically speaking, you cannot spontaneously induce schizophrenia in a sane person just through mental exercises. It can be genetic, it can come from stress during prenatal development, and it can come from substance abuse, but you can't just "think" it into existence. Convincing yourself of the existence of an entity that only you can see, inside your mind, does not mean you have schizophrenia, simply that you have fictitious beliefs and delusions. So really, there is not any risk involved unless you *already* have schizophrenia or another mental disorder, from the point of view of science.

Now, whether or not science and medicine are the best framework with which to engage *magic* and the *supernatural* is an entirely different subject. I am merely saying you don't need to worry about developing mental health issues from doing so, not that there aren't any risks involved at all. If you want to play around with something which is believed to be magical by the culture that invented it, you should probably read the find print and study the actual magical tradition first. Whether you believe in magic or not, that is what the Tulpa is in the Tibetan Buddhist tradition; a mystical supernatural entity.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby masterofvore1 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:57 pm

Sideromelane wrote:Aside from sexual fantasies though, i think at a basic level they are like highly sophisticated memory management devices. An appointment book that you can see and talk to etc to retain information you cannot normally keep track of yourself. Sort of an anthropomorphic memory palace.

I tend to have a mind that often contemplates computers, and I can imagine things in that way - essentially like programs in their own virtual world; where the parameters can be updated or reverted and such. makes for fun interactive simulations. like a step beyond daydreaming, but not quite real either. not sure if that's the same thing though haha
masterofvore1
---

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion