FPS - Vore Tournament

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: FPS - Vore Tournament

Postby RossTheEmeraldFox » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:31 pm

Hey, I have just.. A.. Reccomendation
Please turn off the camrea angle switching, It is honsetly more infuriating than anything, because you try and attack someoene and suddenly you're turned around, and just walked off a cliff.. It just.. It is more upsetting than anything, unless there is an option to turn it off this is a lot less fun to play >~<
RossTheEmeraldFox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:36 pm

RossTheEmeraldFox wrote:Hey, I have just.. A.. Reccomendation
Please turn off the camrea angle switching, It is honsetly more infuriating than anything, because you try and attack someoene and suddenly you're turned around, and just walked off a cliff.. It just.. It is more upsetting than anything, unless there is an option to turn it off this is a lot less fun to play >~<

The problem is that when someone starts swallowing you, you see their maw engulfing you from behind... therefore it makes sense for you to be turned around to face the opposite of your predator. I noticed it's annoying as well, and am considering whether to disable it by default in the next update. Maybe I can replace it with something less annoying later on...
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby RossTheEmeraldFox » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:02 pm

Okay, Also "Makes sense" This entire thing doesn't make sense, So I think we could let some veiw snapping slide XP
RossTheEmeraldFox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby RossTheEmeraldFox » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:30 am

Some Quality of life Ideas:

Veiw snap: Gone, It just super messes with the flow >~<

Third person: Either back in the character thing like before or bindable, but it might be abused to see more when swallowed so maybe just put it back in the menu

Prey: I think Only allowing things like the SMG and maybe shotgun should be allowed in belly, someone firing off the Devestator in there drains like 20 health a second and Is very hard to get them digested, seems quite unfair at times because then you can only eat them if you have a powerup/HUGE health advantage/are next to a lot of health packs, I overall think the explosives should be removed, and nerf the damage of all weapons when in belly, like 50% less.

Pred:Pred is pretty good right now I'd say ^3^

Grapple Hook: It's not.. Clear where you get that? It always says "Unavalible on this map".. On every map, I don't know if it is an Unlock or something but.. Meh.

overall if some of those changes are made (Especially the veiw snap thing, please for the love of smooth game play take it out or make it less Snap.. Y.. @~@) Then It seems to be in pretty good shape!
RossTheEmeraldFox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ArgobargSoup » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:49 pm

Thought on the view-snapping issue... The model for bein' eaten has the ability ta show the pred's colors, right? Could the angle of the nom model be adjusted to reflect the angle that the pred's coming from instead? Depending on how close ta the camera the model appears, you could just fill in a generic muzzle around the maw, and a stomach at the end, and it should look relatively okay when looking right at it...
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby HeadZ349 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:56 am

Hey There!
I've Been Trying To Download The Mod And I've Went Through The Instructions Until I Reach The Part Where I Have To Put The data_voretournament File In The Xonotic.exe
But No Matter How Hard I Look I Don't Seem To Find It. The Closest Thing To It is A File That Is Called Xonotic.app. Do I Put It In There Or Am I Missing Something?
All Help Is Appreciated
HeadZ349
New to the forum

Postby peteian » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:59 pm

I can't seem to find out how to change the player's gender. Is it in the config files or in the menus?
peteian
---

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:37 pm

peteian wrote:I can't seem to find out how to change the player's gender. Is it in the config files or in the menus?

Cycle through the characters in the player settings menu. Both species and gender is selectable there.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby peteian » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:42 pm

MirceaKitsune wrote:
peteian wrote:I can't seem to find out how to change the player's gender. Is it in the config files or in the menus?

Cycle through the characters in the player settings menu. Both species and gender is selectable there.

Ah I found it, it's in Mulitplayer settings menu not Settings menu. Thanks.
peteian
---

Postby SpyIsSpy » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:31 pm

Can I have the rundown on how to install the most recent update, if it's available to the public?

Like, the walkthrough, each step I'll need to take to get it working - as if I have not ever used Xonic, or possibly may not even know its name anymore
SpyIsSpy
Been posting for a bit

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:43 pm

SpyIsSpy wrote:Can I have the rundown on how to install the most recent update, if it's available to the public?

Like, the walkthrough, each step I'll need to take to get it working - as if I have not ever used Xonic, or possibly may not even know its name anymore

2.0.0 is the latest release. Only thing more recent is Git master, and that's a lot more complicated to run. Hopefully 2.0.1 will be out during the next months, depending on when I finish fixing all the bugs assigned to this target.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby SpyIsSpy » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:01 pm

I actually don't fully understand step 5.
"Launch the Xonotic executable with the parameters "-customgamedirname2 data_voretournament" from the command prompt or a modified shortcut. Example: "xonotic.exe -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament"."

I don't know how to launch the Xonotic executable. I might be running the file, but the fact is, all I receive is
*Unknown command: "Xonotic.exe"*
*Unknown command: "Launch"
*Unknown command: "Run"

Odds are, I'm not using the right file,
don't know how to open said file,
or simply do not know the command I need to run to properly switch to customgamedirname data_voretournament.

Also, I run Windows 7, if this matters.
SpyIsSpy
Been posting for a bit

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:40 am

SpyIsSpy wrote:I actually don't fully understand step 5.
"Launch the Xonotic executable with the parameters "-customgamedirname2 data_voretournament" from the command prompt or a modified shortcut. Example: "xonotic.exe -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament"."

I don't know how to launch the Xonotic executable. I might be running the file, but the fact is, all I receive is

or simply do not know the command I need to run to properly switch to customgamedirname data_voretournament.

You need to make a shortcut to the exe: Control + Shift + drag the correct exe file to create a shortcut locally, then right click on that shortcut and go to its properties window: You can add the extra arguments there.

I no longer have Windows, so I cannot help any more here unfortunately. See the previous posts above where this was discussed, or search for how to edit Windows shortcuts. It's really not difficult but at the same time it's not something the average Windows user has to do so it's a little bit more obscure.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby SpyIsSpy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:18 pm

MirceaKitsune wrote:

You need to make a shortcut to the exe: Control + Shift + drag the correct exe file to create a shortcut locally, then right click on that shortcut and go to its properties window: You can add the extra arguments there.

I no longer have Windows, so I cannot help any more here unfortunately. See the previous posts above where this was discussed, or search for how to edit Windows shortcuts. It's really not difficult but at the same time it's not something the average Windows user has to do so it's a little bit more obscure.

Thanks for your help on the matter, I think I finally did it correctly.

Now Xonotic crashes the instant I boot it up however. Just, instantly crashes before it loads anything at all.

I've tried renaming the path -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament to -customgamedirname2 "data_voretournament" which appeared to work for someone else, but both occasions still crash Xonotic.
SpyIsSpy
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aickavon12 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:57 am

SpyIsSpy wrote:
MirceaKitsune wrote:

Thanks for your help on the matter, I think I finally did it correctly.

Now Xonotic crashes the instant I boot it up however. Just, instantly crashes before it loads anything at all.

I've tried renaming the path -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament to -customgamedirname2 "data_voretournament" which appeared to work for someone else, but both occasions still crash Xonotic.
a crash may be related to a different issue. Is xonotic and the mod in the same folder?
This song is dedicated to Eka.

Never gonna give you up! Never Gonna let you down! Never gonna run around, desert you!
Aickavon12
???

Postby SpyIsSpy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:27 am

a crash may be related to a different issue. Is xonotic and the mod in the same folder?

That's definitely not the problem, as instructed Vore Tournament Data is placed directly above Data, and renamed to have all extra letters and numbers erased but not edited.
SpyIsSpy
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aickavon12 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:35 am

try redownloading Xonotic in a different folder, somewhere that's not too branched out (Example, This PC>Documents>Xonotic-0.8.2>Xonotic)

It could be the download didn't take everything it was supposed to, this has occured to me a few times with other games.
This song is dedicated to Eka.

Never gonna give you up! Never Gonna let you down! Never gonna run around, desert you!
Aickavon12
???

Postby VorianStormstride » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:17 am

I saw a few pages back that someone couldn't run a server and play at the same time, and that the solution was to use a different session id. How do I change my own session id so that I can host a server and play with a friend? Also, my server list is completely empty in Xonotic, are there any Vore Tournament servers I can manually join? And how do I stop my server list from being empty all the time?
VorianStormstride
Been posting for a bit

Postby RakeVuri » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:09 pm

VorianStormstride wrote:I saw a few pages back that someone couldn't run a server and play at the same time, and that the solution was to use a different session id. How do I change my own session id so that I can host a server and play with a friend? Also, my server list is completely empty in Xonotic, are there any Vore Tournament servers I can manually join? And how do I stop my server list from being empty all the time?

Add " -sessionid #" (where # is replaced with a number) to a shortcut to run Vore Tournament. If you want multiple clients open, have multiple shortcuts with different session ids.
There are a few odd quirks if you're playing with multiple clients on the same machine though, stomach models don't load properly for anything but the first client.
RakeVuri
Participator

Postby kinganonymos » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:33 pm

so I downloaded everything and started to look at the inputs for controls and reset them. Now I don't have any of the commands to eat or anything like that how do I enter those as commands again?
Hello friends, just your average talking Eevee here. I'll try to be on as much as I can but I don't have my own computer yet or internet so i won't be on as frequently.
kinganonymos
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game