The History of Orcs in Vore

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

The History of Orcs in Vore

Postby MarinLaFey » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:09 pm

I'm just wondering why orcs are so popular as a race in vore (especially in M/m). Is it because of D&D? Or is one of the more popular first vore artists into Orcs?

What's the history peeps? We even have Orctober.
MarinLaFey
Somewhat familiar

Re: The History of Orcs in Vore

Postby ItsSongxing » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:26 pm

I think Orcs are such a popular predator for a couple reasons. Among others, especially in m/m, orcs are typically much bigger and much stronger than nearly any human. Combine that with crude behaviors and a looser morality, and Orcs are a very strong competitor when it comes to deciding on a pred. As for why it's particularly popular among the M/M crowd: Males are typically much more outgoing on this site, and gay men tend to like seeing "bears" in control. Orcs are, in essence, a race of "bears." Unlike most other fantasy races, where appearances typically vary between "supernaturally beautiful" (read: effeminate) and "average," male orcs are almost always very masculine.

In fact, the only other mostly-humanoid fantasy races I can think of off the top of my head where males are traditionally very masculine are ogres (which will get mixed reception thanks to Shrek), Oni (which have more or less become blue/red-skinned humans with horns by now), and the Cyclopes (which are likely less popular than orcs due to the whole, only-one-eye thing). There are also the Draphs from Granblue Fantasy if they count, but they're not really established in any other mythology.

tl;dr: Orcs have the right mix of appearance and personality to be brutal doms, and in turn, preds.
ItsSongxing
Participator

Postby MarinLaFey » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:40 pm

ItsSomething wrote:I think Orcs are such a popular predator for a couple reasons. Among others, especially in m/m, orcs are typically much bigger and much stronger than nearly any human. Combine that with crude behaviors and a looser morality, and Orcs are a very strong competitor when it comes to deciding on a pred. As for why it's particularly popular among the M/M crowd: Males are typically much more outgoing on this site, and gay men tend to like seeing "bears" in control. Orcs are, in essence, a race of "bears." Unlike most other fantasy races, where appearances typically vary between "supernaturally beautiful" (read: effeminate) and "average," male orcs are almost always very masculine.

In fact, the only other mostly-humanoid fantasy races I can think of off the top of my head where males are traditionally very masculine are ogres (which will get mixed reception thanks to Shrek), Oni (which have more or less become blue/red-skinned humans with horns by now), and the Cyclopes (which are likely less popular than orcs due to the whole, only-one-eye thing). There are also the Draphs from Granblue Fantasy if they count, but they're not really established in any other mythology.

tl;dr: Orcs have the right mix of appearance and personality to be brutal doms, and in turn, preds.

There are also dwarves, but they're small, and usually haven't been portrayed as attractive or muscular as orcs. Not to mention dwarves, while usually male, may have females depending on the creator of the media, while orcs have both genders bu are always been muscular and large. Plus dwarves usually have some form of progressed culture, while orcs kind of semi-cultured or savage in comparison. Plus dwarves are petite, and would be funny to use in vore, while orcs are tall, broad and large in comparison. Plus dwarves are apart of the traditional fantasy creature package, where orcs aren't alongside trolls, ogres and the such.

But now that I look at it's obvious. I guess it's not obvious to me because I don't like muscles or hair. I just want a more normal guy. I mean I like some muscles, but I care more for personality.

I don't have a set preference for looks because like, since puberty I've had a sex drive, and like, I'm just such a thirsty virgin at this point in my life.

I pity the guy to bed me.
Last edited by MarinLaFey on Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MarinLaFey
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slayerhero90 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:47 pm

MarinLaFey wrote:dwarves, but they're both male and female

Do you mind clarifying what this means? The nearest I can interpret is that you're implying orcs don't ever come in any sort of female variety and I really don't think that's what you're saying.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MarinLaFey » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:53 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:

Do you mind clarifying what this means? The nearest I can interpret is that you're implying orcs don't ever come in any sort of female variety and I really don't think that's what you're saying.

Ah well I forgot for a moment. I've been in a brain fog as of late.

I'll edit my post, but honestly I having a lot of derp moments lately.
MarinLaFey
Somewhat familiar

Postby MarinLaFey » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:29 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:

I'm sorry, I did try to explain the best I could but the thought left me.

However, what I'm talking about is Orcs in M/m so I guess that's why I probably went to "all orcs are male."
MarinLaFey
Somewhat familiar

Postby Garz » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 pm

Ha! This topic has absolutely made my day :)

See, there actually /aren't/ very many things out there for orcs, haha. That's why it's kinda impressive that orctober has taken off as well as it has, it seems orc fans out there are willing to at least partially come together, and it encourages people who are like 'I do kinda like orcs' to do orcs for a bit these past couple years. I've run a ton of D&D sessions, both small types and at conventions, and you hardly ever see people play half-orcs (at least in 3.5, Pathfinder, or 5e), and the few that do are usually looking for a particular mechanical benefit more than specifically wanting to play an orc. Nevermind that in most fantasy games and the like, people pretty much exclusively play 'pretty' races over orcs, particularly elves, most games that let you pick your race don't have nearly as much (if anything) for orcs as they do for others (Freaking neverwinter nights 2, haha), yadda.

I mean, as a quick glance, I have had 'orc' on my watched tags list for ages.

The most recent orcish thing on it is from three weeks ago, from jaggedjagd:
https://aryion.com/g4/view/416074

And then before that is a month ago, from Zearo8:
https://aryion.com/g4/view/413595

Then /three/ months ago, Austin Wolfclaw:
https://aryion.com/g4/view/404960

And then two from /five/ months ago, LucifersChefand Ilbv:
https://aryion.com/g4/view/394008

https://aryion.com/g4/view/393803

So in six months there have been five orc pictures or stories, and the most recent one isn't even necessarily M/M! It tends to be similar when searching furaffinity; I usually do a search for 'orc' (and unrelatedly, one for machoke) sorted by recent, and don't get too much if anything. So I can be fairly secure in stating that orcs aren't the most popular of choices.

(Not to mention a chunk of those are kinks I'm not personally as keen on, which is absolutely okay - orcs rock regardless, and content providers should do what they enjoy! But it does make things harder if you're looking for more specific niches)

However (and why I am actually kinda psyched for this post, haha), I am a firm believer in the idea that if you don't feel there's enough of something, then make it yourself! And I summarily write /lots/ of orc stories, and mine are fairly exclusively m/m, so I have to presume that I'm the cause of the 'lots of m/m orc stuff' as of late, which means I'm doing my job and getting stuff out there for my favorite race. :)

So thanks, haha, things have been kinda rough for the past few days, so this helps.

...and now I have to get back to writing, ironically enough, as it's Orctober and I'm behind. :P

Edit: Threw in some links to the artists/writers! Also mild disclaimer - I do suddenly realize that I sometimes remove certain images from my watched tags if I'm particularly unfond of the content. Which is again absolutely okay and I don't think that's happened for orcs, but it may be a thing. Point still stands, though. :P
Garz
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Slayerhero90 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:03 pm

and i been meaning myself to actually continue writing that series i started a couple months ago involving orcs, though since dudes don't appear in any of my stories, that whole aspect of the question doesn't really involve me
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MarinLaFey » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:27 pm

Garz wrote:Ha! This topic has absolutely made my day :)

See, there actually /aren't/ very many things out there for orcs, haha. That's why it's kinda impressive that orctober has taken off as well as it has, it seems orc fans out there are willing to at least partially come together, and it encourages people who are like 'I do kinda like orcs' to do orcs for a bit these past couple years. I've run a ton of D&D sessions, both small types and at conventions, and you hardly ever see people play half-orcs (at least in 3.5, Pathfinder, or 5e), and the few that do are usually looking for a particular mechanical benefit more than specifically wanting to play an orc. Nevermind that in most fantasy games and the like, people pretty much exclusively play 'pretty' races over orcs, particularly elves, most games that let you pick your race don't have nearly as much (if anything) for orcs as they do for others (Freaking neverwinter nights 2, haha), yadda.

I mean, as a quick glance, I have had 'orc' on my watched tags list for ages.

The most recent orcish thing on it is from three weeks ago, from jaggedjagd:
https://aryion.com/g4/view/416074

And then before that is a month ago, from Zearo8:
https://aryion.com/g4/view/413595

Then /three/ months ago, Austin Wolfclaw:
https://aryion.com/g4/view/404960

And then two from /five/ months ago, LucifersChefand Ilbv:
https://aryion.com/g4/view/394008

https://aryion.com/g4/view/393803

So in six months there have been five orc pictures or stories, and the most recent one isn't even necessarily M/M! It tends to be similar when searching furaffinity; I usually do a search for 'orc' (and unrelatedly, one for machoke) sorted by recent, and don't get too much if anything. So I can be fairly secure in stating that orcs aren't the most popular of choices.

(Not to mention a chunk of those are kinks I'm not personally as keen on, which is absolutely okay - orcs rock regardless, and content providers should do what they enjoy! But it does make things harder if you're looking for more specific niches)

However (and why I am actually kinda psyched for this post, haha), I am a firm believer in the idea that if you don't feel there's enough of something, then make it yourself! And I summarily write /lots/ of orc stories, and mine are fairly exclusively m/m, so I have to presume that I'm the cause of the 'lots of m/m orc stuff' as of late, which means I'm doing my job and getting stuff out there for my favorite race. :)

So thanks, haha, things have been kinda rough for the past few days, so this helps.

...and now I have to get back to writing, ironically enough, as it's Orctober and I'm behind. :P

Edit: Threw in some links to the artists/writers! Also mild disclaimer - I do suddenly realize that I sometimes remove certain images from my watched tags if I'm particularly unfond of the content. Which is again absolutely okay and I don't think that's happened for orcs, but it may be a thing. Point still stands, though. :P

Lols it kind of feels like it fills up the M/M tag a lot, especially he literature.

Hey, I am currently playing Neverwinter. The PS4 MMO.

I'm a nice looking drow named Saleme, lols. But I do prefer the prettier races. But the orcs don't look that bad in game. Actually I thought of having a vore story with him.

But it just feels like orcs are all around the M/m literature tag and I just wanted to point it out. I mean, there's a lot of variety in literature but I seem to see it a lot.
MarinLaFey
Somewhat familiar

Postby Tetrahedra » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:00 pm

Really, because I'd have to say it never seems like there's much orc content except specifically during october. Compared to whatever various furry species, orc-based content is generally pretty scarce in comparison. As for clogging the submissions, I say it's a good thing lmao, and after all the writing submissions tend to fill up a little slower than the drawing one. So stuff stays on the first page for longer.

But really I love the content so :U
Tetrahedra
Somewhat familiar

Postby Garz » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:05 pm

MarinLaFey wrote: I'm a nice looking drow named Saleme, lols. But I do prefer the prettier races.

I feel the need to emphasize - this is totally okay! :) People are absolutely allowed to like prettier races, haha, so I do apologize if my previous statement made it sound like this was a bad thing as it totally isn't!

MarinLaFey wrote: Hey, I am currently playing Neverwinter. The PS4 MMO.

I haven't played the newest one, haha. I was a little sad in Neverwinter Nights 2 (and it's sequel, Mask of the Betrayer) when there is exactly one thing in the game that recognizes the player as being a half-orc - when you meet an orc tribe, and are informed that half-orcs cannot run the tribe. This saddened me as my friend played one of the elves and had a healthy dose of places where people commented... but it's not unexpected, so I can't say I'm surprised ;)

MarinLaFey wrote: But the orcs don't look that bad in game. Actually I thought of having a vore story with him.

Glee! :D If you do, know you'll have /one/ guy who'll read it, pretty much regardless of the other content in it ;)
Garz
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MarinLaFey » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:40 pm

Garz wrote:
MarinLaFey wrote: I'm a nice looking drow named Saleme, lols. But I do prefer the prettier races.

I feel the need to emphasize - this is totally okay! :) People are absolutely allowed to like prettier races, haha, so I do apologize if my previous statement made it sound like this was a bad thing as it totally isn't!

MarinLaFey wrote: Hey, I am currently playing Neverwinter. The PS4 MMO.

I haven't played the newest one, haha. I was a little sad in Neverwinter Nights 2 (and it's sequel, Mask of the Betrayer) when there is exactly one thing in the game that recognizes the player as being a half-orc - when you meet an orc tribe, and are informed that half-orcs cannot run the tribe. This saddened me as my friend played one of the elves and had a healthy dose of places where people commented... but it's not unexpected, so I can't say I'm surprised ;)

MarinLaFey wrote: But the orcs don't look that bad in game. Actually I thought of having a vore story with him.

Glee! :D If you do, know you'll have /one/ guy who'll read it, pretty much regardless of the other content in it ;)

Haha well I've always been drawn to elves. May be because I just love fey. And it's okay, I know you meant no harm.

There may be stuff in the mmo involving half-orcs, since you're at war with orcs. I suggest trying it since it's free at least. I mean there's microtransactions but how else are you gonna keep up a free mmo.

I think a drow and a half-orc being friends isn't too far fetched. I kind of sorta have a plot down.
MarinLaFey
Somewhat familiar

Postby minakotomoka14 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:55 pm

I`d imagine it`d probably be because of the whole fantasy/Dungeons and Dragons thing. I mean, I`m not into D&D, but there are tons of fantasy races as predators around here, and a lot of mythological Faerie creatures as well. Orcs aren`t really my thing, but I go for other races like ogres or Oni. I also like the nicer-looking fairy predators, like Changelings. I think it`s also because orcs have been shoved into nearly every popular fantasy franchise beyond Lord of the Rings, especially in video games. Not sure what to say about the M/M thing, though.
Prey-leaning switch gal and writer with a passion for M/F vore and a love for being devoured by giant men of all kinds.
minakotomoka14
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby CandySquirrel » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:20 pm

Well, in The Elder Scrolls universe, god of orks was literally eaten alive and shat out by daedra prince (princess ..?) Boetha. This event probably influenced orks forever.
CandySquirrel
Somewhat familiar

Postby LucifersChef » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:33 am

I think Garz is partially to blame (in a good way). They've been pumping out good Orc stuff for years now and helped popularise it to a degree.
]
LucifersChef
Participator

Postby Filan » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:52 pm

Orcs are also available villains because they are commonly completely evil in fantasy settings. Which makes them good for predation because one figures they would have no issue gulping down a shrunk human.
Elven Captain and Owner of the S.S. Hyperion, Hyperion Class Airship Luxury Liner Converted to Cargo hauler
Finest ship to fly the skies of Earth
Filan
???

Return to General Vore Discussion