When a predator eats a prey, how "intimate" is this act?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

When a predator eats a prey, how "intimate" is this act?

Postby Indighost » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:10 pm

I've been thinking about this since I know some predators like to encounter a prey and reduce them to absolutely nothing and move on, completely forgetting them, as a type of callous "usage", while others sometimes speak of eating someone as a type of ultimate monogamous bonding like marriage, and other ways in between.

How do you view this in your preferences and characters?
Indighost
---

Re: When a predator eats a prey, how "intimate" is this act?

Postby Nekiame » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:21 pm

Well, in all honesty, it depends on the mood. Sometimes, one just need food, but I do prefer when there's some more feelings into it, making a bit more intimate and enjoyable for both the pred and prey.
Nekiame
Participator

Postby Lightness0001 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:21 pm

It's as intimate as they want it to be! Sometimes it's an accident. Sometimes someone's just hungry. But maybe sometimes, it's an act of lovey dovey love.
Feel free to support me on Ko-fi!
Lightness0001
Somewhat familiar

Postby BelleJar » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:29 pm

well usually it depends on mood but among my girls its generally a friendly thing.
there are those in their world who just eat to eat though, and some who only eat those they're close to
but for the most part, it's something you do with a friend or someone you at least like
boop
BelleJar
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Tavore » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:34 pm

The whole idea of a predator eating someone and being indifferent to their suffering is really what makes this fetish for me. Really rams home the whole "they're just food" thing. Being annoyed that the prey hasn't digested yet is also a plus
Tavore
Been posting for a bit

Postby Doku » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:47 pm

I find treating it as a bonding/monogamous relationship frequently triggers me and freaks me out, though I rarely like completely callous endeavors, as they lack quite the level of horror that I appreciate in a scene. As a rule, I err on the side of dominants who are violent and to whom a victim is objectified and destroyed utterly over time or within the bound of the scene, but where there may be the personal connection of remembering a victim that was particularly 'fun' to destroy. Permanent relationships or personal intimacy in vore, however, is anathema to my comfort levels. It only works on a level of perversity in some fashion, because someone is dying here.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Indighost » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:55 pm

Interesting, do you view "perma-vore" emotionally differently from more casual vore?

I tend to like temp vore, rp-wise, as an expression of affection, but perma-vore as an act of quick, callous power that absolutely has zero impact on the predator's emotions.
Indighost
---

Postby Chameleonette » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:17 pm

I'm on the side of enjoying it as a intimate thing, but not in a fluffy or cute way. I really enjoy it when pred and prey have a relationship, be it romantic or close friends, close coworkers, etc. I like it when the pred invests a lot for his specific choice of prey and views eating her more or less as a way as bringing them so close together that they'll never be apart. I love that kind of possessive obsession with preds and how it's often a betrayal to the prey, who trusted them and couldn't fathom that they would take things so far just to have them to themselves.

I realize that this is more of a 'prey perspective' approach, though. As prey and as per my preferences, I just much prefer that the prey mean something more to the pred than just food or something to be forgotten. She's special, in other words. The act is intimate, and while not in a cute or romantic way, she still serves as more than just a passing meal. He wanted her that badly. And the act is still something I see as intimate, whether done sensually or aggressively (or both), and the pred's enjoyment of that means a lot to me from the prey perspective, even if I prefer the prey be unwilling.

Most of my male pred characters or preferred canon characters as preds reflect this sort of approach with their prey. It just happens to be something that really draws me in to vore more than casual or gluttonous eating habits. But of course, it's all just different preferences and different appeals. I can still enjoy casual pred scenarios or more humiliating scenarios for prey, but the one on one, darker, more intimate and possessive, emotionally-driven vore is pretty much my favorite thing.
Passionate advocate of M/F vore.

My RP Seeking Thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=35501
Chameleonette
---

Postby Indighost » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:24 pm

Chameleonette wrote:She's special, in other words.

Interesting, so how long would such a "woo-ing" in your imagination last? A predator may pursue a certain girl for a year, then destroy her permanently, and move on to the next? Or do you use reformation? Would they keep photos of them ? I find the idea that a predator willingly permanently destroys those they love and keeps a collection of mementos gets into a certainly interesting emotional territory with a tinge of insanity
Indighost
---

Postby granblue » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:35 pm

Depends. If it's between two characters that love eachother, it can be the ultimate, unparalleled expression of the intimacy, closeness and trust between them. If it's between two good friends, it's just something they do casually sometimes for fun when they're bored, or as part of a bet/dare, etc. Really, it's a showcase of the predator's power, and the prey's trust.

But that's just nonlethal vore. If it's lethal, I prefer the pred just swallow random strangers/enemies and forget about them, because the idea of someone devouring and digesting somebody they 'love' is just unnerving to me.
granblue
Participator

Postby Chameleonette » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:44 pm

Indighost wrote:Interesting, so how long would such a "woo-ing" in your imagination last? A predator may pursue a certain girl for a year, then destroy her permanently, and move on to the next? Or do you use reformation? Would they keep photos of them ?

Entirely depends on and varies through the scenario in question. Might be a husband and wife scenario, where they've known each other for a long time or he chooses to 'cement' the marriage in a very final way, or perhaps a couple who have been dating for awhile, childhood friends who were close and grew up together, a stalker with an obsession, or two strangers who meet and hit it off---I go any number of directions with it. But the ideas tend to be more like "one shots", for me. I'm not really a fan of reformation, since it tends to eliminate what I call the 'danger aspect' of vore---the realization that you cannot and will not simply come back, which tends to fire up the types of prey that I play to fight and battle against their unwanted 'fate' with everything they have. I do like the idea of the pred having a memento of them of some sort, though.

And personally, not being a fan of multi-prey in most cases, I don't generally have the pred 'move on to the next' or anything like that. I tend to like to leave things as is. That pred satisfaction afterward is the kind of closure to the scenario that I like.

A friend did bring up an interesting scenario once, though, where a pred/prey combo are destined to meet in each of their "lives", so to speak---a reincarnation sort of thing. So there isn't an immediate recognition between them, but they're still drawn toward each other inexplicably and perhaps little unconscious hints they feel in one another's presence. And I could get behind an idea like that.

As a whole, though, instead of using reformation, I just view each scenario as a separate thing. Like an alternate universe, be it in RP/art/story/etc. That way, I can enjoy playing the same prey characters without having to 'perma' them, and even opposite the same preds (if I like their dynamics together) in completely different scenes/universes (even with the characters being different species, like maybe demis or the like, different time periods, fantasy settings, the possibilities extend all over). That's always been fun for me to explore and doesn't require either reformation for 'extending' any one story, but open doors to exploring plenty of others.
Passionate advocate of M/F vore.

My RP Seeking Thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=35501
Chameleonette
---

Postby Indighost » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:01 pm

Interesting! It's so fun to hear how others think about and emotionally arrange their fetishes into instances, scenes and storylines.
Indighost
---

Postby minakotomoka14 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:03 pm

Depends on the mood and tone of the story I`m writing. Sometimes, the prey is just food and that`s that. Other times, it`s an act of love, intimacy, and even sex between two people. In most circumstances, at least for me, it`s about a bigger person tormenting and dominating a smaller person in the pred`s sadomasochistic pleasure. And in a few rare cases, it`s a result of something that needs to happen, like the predator must eat the prey, or else he will die, and it may or may not be a willing or unwilling act between predator and prey.
Prey-leaning switch gal and writer with a passion for M/F vore and a love for being devoured by giant men of all kinds.
minakotomoka14
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Cowrie » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:50 pm

It depends on my mood and the character I'm writing. Generally, intimacy in my stuff is minimal, but occasionally I go for stuff where the prey is devoured so they and the predator will be together forever or some such thing. With my character Vlasta, there's nothing remotely emotionally intimate about it when she eats a man, but it is sexually intimate, at least for her. Also, since keeping photos was mentioned above, I should mention that she has a scrapbook of the guys she's eaten. This shouldn't be read as something remotely "romantic", however, it's more like... a documentation of her power over men, I guess that would be a good way to put it.

On an unrelated note, there's this RP scenario I'm fond of, where the vore isn't particularly intimate for my pred character, but it could be intimate for the prey, who is the 'initiator' in this scenario.
I am open for art commissions or trades! See here for details.
Cowrie
???

Postby Ixtili » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:35 pm

Very intimate, both romantically and sexually so. I go for preds whose hunger is essentially directly linked to their affection for someone, meaning the more they like someone the more likely that person is going to wind up in the predators stomach. So yeah on the sliding scale of intimacey vs callousness I'd say pretty darn intimate is where I lean.
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Rendezvore » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:55 am

The act of vore, whether it be preparation, swallowing, digestion, and even reformation is very intimate for me. Maybe not always intimate for the predator I'm playing as, but definitely for me. And using vore in unexpected ways is also exciting, especially in funny scenes.

Usually, prep is where the most sensual or sexual feelings lie, decorating the prey and fattening them up or just letting them stew (literally or figuratively) over their predicament. This can last the longest in terms of a scene and I'm often pretty satisfied by all the pre-vore teasing and mouth play before any swallowing even happens. ^^; :oops:

As for my main pred.. she's a really mixed bag. Sometimes she wants a special pet and treats them with the utmost care, giving them extra love and affection and sexual favors, and then eventually eating them after they've come to accept their fate as her special treat. Then sometimes she just wants to eat and doesn't care, grabbing a random pet from her pantry, throwing it in her mouth and that's that. :D
Rendezvore
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Akendolfr » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:19 am

Depends on the mood I am currently in and what I want in the situation. Given that I do prefer willing prey right now I do the process to be long and drawn out, making sure they get as much enjoyment out of it as I do. I think just a quick vore session is just boring.
Check out my lovely big gay derg at: https://aryion.com/g4/view/659441
Akendolfr
Somewhat familiar

Postby Doku » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:05 am

Indighost wrote:Interesting, do you view "perma-vore" emotionally differently from more casual vore?

I tend to like temp vore, rp-wise, as an expression of affection, but perma-vore as an act of quick, callous power that absolutely has zero impact on the predator's emotions.

ICly, no. Abrienda speaks in terms of fatality and finality, and I play almost universally fatal scenes. There's no reason to change the language. OOCly, yes. I view character retirement scenes as demanding one step more attention than a serious scene, and demanding more care and proper wish fulfillment to the other person.

Keep in mind: Perma-vore is not an IC thing. Fatality is common in RP. It is an OOC choice to retire a character from use made by the player. This means that this is an OOC element, and one that only applies in scenarios where there is some feeling of ongoing canon. Otherwise, the scene is simply fatal. Those happen all the time.

Temp-vore, as a concept, can be handled both IC or OOCly, and I address this as appropriate when dealing with another character.

But, frankly, I find the mere notion of being affectionate through vore to be intensely triggering save in very specific scenarios, or a twisted dark romance. Someone is digesting and dying screaming in another person's gut. This isn't affectionate or intimate to me. It's someone screaming and dying in bubbling acids. It's horror and torture, and without things being very twisted ICly, I am not going to be comfortable calling that intimate or affectionate.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby coop500 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:09 am

I'm almost afraid to say because of a certain person here that gets REALLY upset with my kind of preferences, but hopefully he'll leave me alone...

It kinda depends on context, but I'm gonna go with my favorite to make it easy, note that this is all just my preferences, not attempting to state them as fact. Generally it's a protective, comforting act between a powerful predator and a defenseless prey, not sexual in any way, but more of like the urge some people would get to protect and care for something small and cute like a kitten or, yes, a child.

Given Adult predator and Child prey is my favorite combo, this blends well with protective, comforting, reassuring and relaxing emotions. Though sometimes the prey is afraid at first, they come to see fairly quickly that they were just tucked away nicely in a gentle, soft and safe belly, while the predator gets to have a full tummy and have the endearing thought of keeping another living little creature safe and tucked away, hidden from the outside world.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby Jayezox » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:57 am

To me, vore without fatality is an ultimate intimate act. The pred is letting the prey in their most personal space and live to experience it. In fact, the pred wants the prey there and whether the prey knows it or not, he wants to be there. There's more to it than that, but I don't think that's explainable.
Jayezox
---

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion