Modifying RPG maker games?

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Modifying RPG maker games?

Postby fsdbiu2346y8 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:15 pm

Not talking about a game specifically, but there's many games made in RPG maker (mostly unfinished) that have unbalanced enemies and what not, and while I personally like to collect each vore scene in a game that I play, it's hard to get the exact things I need when the enemies are crazy stronger than you. So just wondering if there's a way for one to simply just over power the main character, making it easier to obtain the scenes. I'm pretty sure someone already did it when they created a collection of vore scenes for MMA1, just not quite sure how they did it.
If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it.
fsdbiu2346y8
Participator

Re: Modifying RPG maker games?

Postby Erecant » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:49 pm

There are several means to do so. Many different cheat engines will work, I personally have used an old version of ArtMoney to edit memory values for things like money, exp, and hp to make the player OP, allowing you to power into the scenes you are looking for. If you go this route, remember that older versions of RPGMaker (XP, VX, VXAce) store values in memory as (2 * X) + 1 = Var,

Additionally, if you have RPGMaker, you may open up unlocked games and edit the core game, allowing you to customize things as you like. There are ways to crack open locked game project files, but I will not go into that, as it can be disrespectful to the creator.

Should you make any edits to the game, please do not distribute your modifications without the game creator's blessing. Personal use, or private sharing? Rock on, knock yourself out, but please do not insult the creator by passing around their work openly without their consent.

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ouphe » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:22 pm

There are a lot of decompilers out there as well depending on what program you are using and what you are trying to accomplish. For some of the still-in-progress games, that can help to find out if a scene just hasn't been inputted yet or if there's a bug that you can then report back to the creator.
ouphe
Participator

Postby empatheticapathy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:23 pm

There are special programs for opening locked RPG maker game archives. Just google it.
If the game is distributed without that (ie: already unlocked) just make sure you have the right version of RPG maker and click the project file (it's usually something like 'game.rxproj'). And if it's unlocked but doesn't have a project file, take one from any other game and just drop it in the folder; all RPG maker project files are literally the same file (at least, for any given version of RPG maker), so you can just do that.

And hey, if you wanna edit JAVRPG, you go right ahead. Do whatever you want. Have fun with it. It takes a brittle person to interpret a mod as an insult rather than an expression of enthusiasm for what they've made; no mod makes the original version go away.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby Tomo » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:41 pm

Well there are multiple way to modify the game in favor of faster progression. Cheat Engine, Hex editing and editing the game itself with RPGMaker(with help of decrypter) has been mentioned so far. So I'll let you know the ways I cheat with RPG maker games.

For RPGMaker MV it's quite simple, use the Cheat Plugin and change every variable, switch, stats or add exp, items, cash, teleport, save states etc, you can even insta-kill every enemy or leave them at 1 HP vice versa. It's a beautiful tool that's super easy to apply.
https://github.com/emerladCoder/RPG-Mak ... enu-Plugin

For RPGMaker VX Ace, Cheat plugin is also available, it's rather limited compared to the MV one, but you can easily change basic stuff for faster progression. Bit more work to apply, but easier then decryption and editing the game files.
http://dldb.info/blog/506

For the older RPGMaker types I don't have any cheat plugins, but I believe http://www.saveeditonline.com/ can edit save files for you.
Of any type i think, probably the easiest way to cheat if you aren't comfortable with Cheat engine, Hex editing or anykind of patching/decryption.
Otherwise, I would recommend you learn how to do basic stuff with Cheat Engine, as you can apply that to pretty much any kind of game.
Tomo
Been posting for a bit

Return to Vore game