unknown game first steps

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

unknown game first steps

Postby XenoneX » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:34 pm

Hey guys, so I've been working the last couple days on a new project (no Shrink EXP is not on hold or canceled ^^; )

-> please read the whole post before you play <-

The game has no scenes and nothing really to have fun with in it, it's just the result of me messing around with an unfamiliar programming language. As you might guess from the previus sentence, it doesn't use phystics from anything, all self scripted so you can definitely expect bugs^^

So the controlls are:

"left mouse" shoot
Hold "A" or "left arrow" to walk left
Hold"D" or "right arrow" to walk right
"space" to jump
Hold "space" jump higher and float a bit longer
Hold "shift" to run
"E" to talk
"Enter" to skip to next line in the dialog
"R" to restart the game

Menu controlls:
"up arrow" to scroll up
"down arrow" to scroll down
"Enter" to confirm

So to be honest, it doesn't really is worth it to play the game because like I said there isn't anything in it, but the thing is, I spend a bit of time on it and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out so far.
There are many things you can't see because the scripts exsists but no object has use for it.
Now the more importent part is, I probably won't be able to work on this game for much longer because my laptop that I use is pretty crappy, so it always laggs, sometimes it crashes and did u see that ugly girl animation?, took me almost 2h because my laptop keept getting frozen...
So I don't really have the motivation to work like that. Also I don't see myself making animations for scenes in photoshop even if it wouldn't lag because it looks ugly and takes way to long.
So in order to work on the game I would need a new PC, Flash for animating (I used to animate in flash but that was like 4 years ago), a newer version of photoshop would be nice because I'm currently using the free CS2 version. But the problem is... I'm blank, no money, I own money for living but that's it, I don't have anything to buy me these things. Also time is a bit of a factor, because having a full time job, beeng in a club and working on 2 games without counting my hobbyies is kinda hard.
Although I would say it would keep me motivated because maybe if I only do shrink exp for next years or so I don't know if I can keep the motivation on doing so, which would be solved if I could do something else parallel.

But that's enough about why I will most likely not continue this game, here's what my plan was for this game:

The thing is, there are a couple platformer games out there that has vore, UB, AV etc... in it, but not many where the player is shrunken. So pretty much how the game would start:

- You are shrunken and start in a school, you can kill the enemys by shooting them or try to avoid them by running away from them (they will chase you if they spotted you), if you get caught you end up getting vored in a seperated animation scene. There would be some kind of story line but don't reallly know yet

Now as last part of this post the mechanics of the game so far and what I would like to change if I decide to continue to work on this game.

- You can jump up to 5 times in the air
- if you're flying you have the same speed as if you're running (like terraria)
- the running sprite for the main character isn't a different sprite, just speed up the frames
- if you collect one of the blue balls you can fly without limits for a couple orf seconds
- if you touch one of the girls you get to the menu screen (that's just as a placeholder for where you normaly
would get the scene)
- you can kill the girls by hitting them with the bullets (1 bullet = HP = HP - 1, Girl HP = 20)
- if you end the game, touch a girl or restart with the "R" key, you will start in the last room you where before
exiting

Things that I really would need to change:
- make a decent player sprite (the one I used is form RPG maker)
- give him a walk, run, fly and fall animation
- maybe make the char a tiny bit slower in the air and while running
- optimize girl hitbox and sprites
- make a catch animation for girl (like a attack when you come to close to her)
- fix the textboxes (don't press enter untill the text is fully drawn or the text will loop again to the start)

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/77s7fln6cux622d/XenoneX_unknown_platformer_lol.zip

Also, I wrote this text pretty quick because for me it's really late night and I have to work tomorrow morning so if the gramma is even worse than usual please don't hate me to much ^^;
XenoneX
Somewhat familiar

Re: unknown game first steps

Postby sizehunter » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:14 pm

I gave it a test... Simple, but enjoyable. Can't wait to see it when it's done or more polished. Though a potential thing you could have in it... At least one girl who's trying to help you return to normal, and between levels you could do stuff with her.
sizehunter
Participator

Postby RC8015 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:21 am

That sounds pretty interesting! If you have time later, could you maybe include a few screenshots aswell? So we can see what to expect?
Sure I know it's still in a very early stage, but still^^ Some people (totaly NOT me) have limited and slow internet, so I uhm they always have to consider if it's worth it to download (and my hard drive is pretty full aswell -.-)
But when it's compared to Shrink EXP (after more develepment of course), then it's gonna be awsome.
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby bartek21 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:59 am

please win 32 bit
bartek21
Somewhat familiar

Postby clayben » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:58 am

I really think it has a lot of potential .. it reminds me of demon angel sakura in case you heard about it :-D
clayben
New to the forum

Postby Jondon » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:12 am

clayben wrote:I really think it has a lot of potential .. it reminds me of demon angel sakura in case you heard about it :-D

i think he is basing it on that, great game.
Jondon
New to the forum

Postby XenoneX » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:43 pm

Jondon wrote:
clayben wrote:I really think it has a lot of potential .. it reminds me of demon angel sakura in case you heard about it :-D

i think he is basing it on that, great game.

Yes I know that game, it was pretty much my first vore game I've played and I have all parts :lol:
But I was basing it more on terraria when it comes to the controlls (or at least I tried), because I love the flying in there so much :-D
If I would let the player fly as high as in terraria it would obviously be much harder to design a map without having to spawn millions of enemys^^
But how I would make the scenes would be pretty similar to demon angel sakura, not the normal enemys from the 3. and 4. part, more like the bosses.

bartek21 wrote:please win 32 bit

It should work for 32 bit, but not with windows xp or vista without directX11 I think.
RC8015 wrote:That sounds pretty interesting! If you have time later, could you maybe include a few screenshots aswell? So we can see what to expect?
Sure I know it's still in a very early stage, but still^^ Some people (totaly NOT me) have limited and slow internet, so I uhm they always have to consider if it's worth it to download (and my hard drive is pretty full aswell -.-)
But when it's compared to Shrink EXP (after more develepment of course), then it's gonna be awsome.

I will put some pictures in, but as of now there isn''t much to show of :lol:

sizehunter wrote:I gave it a test... Simple, but enjoyable. Can't wait to see it when it's done or more polished. Though a potential thing you could have in it... At least one girl who's trying to help you return to normal, and between levels you could do stuff with her.

hmm, sounds intressting, I will think about it.

Also, still not sure if I can work on the game, I just gave up for today because I tried 4 times to make a animation but my laptop always crashed :cry:
XenoneX
Somewhat familiar

Postby sizehunter » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:47 pm

You'll do fine, just work it little by little and you'll get what you want.
sizehunter
Participator

Postby RC8015 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:38 pm

XenoneX wrote:Also, still not sure if I can work on the game, I just gave up for today because I tried 4 times to make a animation but my laptop always crashed :cry:

Just try again on another day, thats at least how I deal with that. I have 5 different things I should do in my game right now, but when they frustrate me too much, I just let it rest, play some games or watch videos.
No use to push yourself too hard, that's how I see it.
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to Vore game