Is vore the new joke? (Perhaps! Let's laugh along!)

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Is vore the new joke? (Perhaps! Let's laugh along!)

Postby MeTheMe » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:43 pm

fieldmousse wrote:Not sure if this has been posted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJpP5ACUczs

Yes, I saw that, weird, but I'm glad they don't really deride or linger on it for too long.

It wasn't really a joke or anything, but Dodger and Jesse Cox mentioned it during the King Dice fight in Cuphead, and talked a little about vore ASMR. Dodger is pretty nice about it, and they have a little laugh about it. I'm really okay with admitting vore is weird, as long as there's no shame or judgement. I'm perfectly happy to laugh about it so long as there's no real meanness about it.

https://youtu.be/XAjAD6vjY4U?t=2740 The bit where they talk about it.
Have a taste of my art if want! https://aryion.com/g4/gallery/MeTheMe

My Seeking RP Thread viewtopic.php?f=31&t=11807
MeTheMe
Semi-final Boss

Postby Licklash » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:06 pm

Vore jokes are quite old for me now; there's only so many I can handle whilst I'm searching for actual content before I'm unable to stomach it. They were funny the first few times, and even now I still chuckle when it's referenced, but now I think Vore jokes as a whole are overused, yet everyone I see around me online seems to love them. None of us here wants to be "The Vore friend" who has it flung at them constantly or just piled on with these jokes because of their interest. The amount of Vore jokes on tumblr almost seem to outweigh the actual content at times, to the point where I stopped using it and decided to continue using Eka's Portal and Furaffinity. (That and tumblr is generally a toxic dump of a site.)

I don't mind people joking about it, and it's actually quite funny to see people attempting to understand it or reacting to it, although commonly it's the same typical "Lol this is cancer" reaction that is regurgitated over and over again, yet others eat up every single time. A majority of people won't react well to Vore, I completely understand, I can definitely say that out of the fetishes I've seen, this is one of the more outlandish ones out there. But however, some of the reactions, responses and harrassment from other people towards the Vore community is really quite irritating. We're already a niche community and we don't need any of us being scared off because a bunch of wannabe Pyrocynicals decided to harass our members for something we ultimately can't help and shun the re-enacting of IRL.
Deadly lust.
Licklash
Somewhat familiar

Postby Celestia » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:33 pm

jaggedjagd wrote:

...The meme invaded television. We're doomed.

and of course the first exposure to the main stream is mlp anal vore. SHOOT ME NOW!
Celestia
Somewhat familiar

Postby Licklash » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:36 pm

Celestia wrote:
jaggedjagd wrote:

and of course the first exposure to the main stream is mlp anal vore. SHOOT ME NOW!

Take me with you, man...
Deadly lust.
Licklash
Somewhat familiar

Postby Trollfacegesicht » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:05 pm

I love memes and I'm a very self-ironic person do I don't mind it when people making fun of it.

You need to stop being offended by opinions from strangers. I couldn't care less.
Trollfacegesicht
Somewhat familiar

Postby Celestia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:26 am

actually, now that I think about it, vore has been a running gag in the muppets since their earliest days. hell, one muppet that did a recurring bit with Kermit (before The Muppet Show was a thing) was called BIG V. which probably stood for BIG VORE since his whole shtick was eating something or someone (Kermit in particular). this was back when Jim Henson was doing muppet comedy sketches on shows like Ed Sullivan and The Tonight Show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLWRWHB8P34?t=18s

EDIT: been trying to get the forum's youtube add-on to work but I can't get it to post right, so until I figure it out here's just the link to the sketch I'm talking about.
Celestia
Somewhat familiar

Postby Rendezvore » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:13 am

Celestia wrote:
jaggedjagd wrote:

Who the fuck cares? It's obvious the audience was OHHHHing at the stupidity of a character being shot from a cannon straight into another character's butt. Frankly, so did I, cause that just looked hella painful! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rendezvore
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Licklash » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:31 am

Trollfacegesicht wrote:I love memes and I'm a very self-ironic person do I don't mind it when people making fun of it.

You need to stop being offended by opinions from strangers. I couldn't care less.

I personally don't mind people making fun of it, I understand then, but I think it's problematic when you're trying to find content and all you find are people joking and that, and...some people genuinely harass vore artists after watching these Cringe Comps or just finding out what a Vore is. I will admit, I giggled when MatPat made a jibe about it but when it gets on a bigger scale, and when people start to be hassled, that's when it stops being funny.
Deadly lust.
Licklash
Somewhat familiar

Postby Rendezvore » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:25 am

Licklash wrote:I personally don't mind people making fun of it, I understand then, but I think it's problematic when you're trying to find content and all you find are people joking and that, and...some people genuinely harass vore artists after watching these Cringe Comps or just finding out what a Vore is. I will admit, I giggled when MatPat made a jibe about it but when it gets on a bigger scale, and when people start to be hassled, that's when it stops being funny.

It will get on a bigger scale, there's no doubt about that. Other fetish and fringe cultures, like BDSM and furries, already have and yet they're a lot more accepted now because of it. And the same will happen with more fetishes over time as they get discovered. There's going to be a period of kink shaming.. there always is. We will just have to deal with it. But NOT by cringing at the cringe. If we don't want things like this to be mentioned on mainstream youtube or TV *only* as shock value then we have to be more positive about it. :wink:

What you can do: Educate people who are willing and open to listen and understand that sometimes a fantasy fetish is just a fantasy fetish and there's no harm being done. If someone is kink shaming in a comment somewhere, call it out! Help diffuse a situation or talk privately with someone who sounds like they might be wondering if they're actually into this stuff instead of leaving them in the dust to wonder about odd feelings that they might interpret as "wrong". Gradually work with the community, instead of against it, hiding it under a rug and calling it your little secret. News flash! It's not going to be for much longer.
Rendezvore
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Licklash » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:50 pm

Rendezvore wrote:
Licklash wrote:I personally don't mind people making fun of it, I understand then, but I think it's problematic when you're trying to find content and all you find are people joking and that, and...some people genuinely harass vore artists after watching these Cringe Comps or just finding out what a Vore is. I will admit, I giggled when MatPat made a jibe about it but when it gets on a bigger scale, and when people start to be hassled, that's when it stops being funny.

It will get on a bigger scale, there's no doubt about that. Other fetish and fringe cultures, like BDSM and furries, already have and yet they're a lot more accepted now because of it. And the same will happen with more fetishes over time as they get discovered. There's going to be a period of kink shaming.. there always is. We will just have to deal with it. But NOT by cringing at the cringe. If we don't want things like this to be mentioned on mainstream youtube or TV *only* as shock value then we have to be more positive about it. :wink:

What you can do: Educate people who are willing and open to listen and understand that sometimes a fantasy fetish is just a fantasy fetish and there's no harm being done. If someone is kink shaming in a comment somewhere, call it out! Help diffuse a situation or talk privately with someone who sounds like they might be wondering if they're actually into this stuff instead of leaving them in the dust to wonder about odd feelings that they might interpret as "wrong". Gradually work with the community, instead of against it, hiding it under a rug and calling it your little secret. News flash! It's not going to be for much longer.

Naturally so, I can definitely see where you're coming from now that Vore is becoming more and more known via memes and leaks of content onto more SFW sites, I'm also pretty concerned about misinformation being delivered too. I don't really spend time cringing at how people are towards it, I'm more focused on when it actually impacts Vorarephiles (Artists being harassed on other sites, misinformation about the community being spread and putting it in a bad light, etc). I'm aware that there will be kink shaming, but I'm quite scared about it getting out of hand and making people feel as if they have to be completely silent about their interests. I would like to find people in the community who are having trouble with their feelings on Vore and help them, I like making people feel happy. ^_^
Deadly lust.
Licklash
Somewhat familiar

Postby Celestia » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:04 am

Rendezvore wrote:
Celestia wrote:
jaggedjagd wrote:...The meme invaded television. We're doomed.

Who the fuck cares? It's obvious the audience was OHHHHing at the stupidity of a character being shot from a cannon straight into another character's butt. Frankly, so did I, cause that just looked hella painful! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I get where you're coming from but I mean Anal vore is just one niche of a much broader fetish that can encompass many MANY different sub-categories, niches and kinks. to present anal vore as the default to people who have no idea what vore in general is about is a bit disingenuous on the part of the presenter. oral vore should be what is presented first, as it is what we inside of the community (and those outside the community) tend to use as the very definition of the term "voraphillia". I'm not saying he was wrong to show the clip, I just think maybe he should have started with an oral vore clip FIRST as a base-line, then show off the weird AV clip as a contrast to how weird and wacky the fetish can be.
Celestia
Somewhat familiar

Postby hotpocketshogun » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:39 am

I think this is appropriate to post here. It appears as though i'm on 9gag now. https://9gag.com/gag/anj8Zz0 Many of the comments are rather amusing...
hotpocketshogun
Somewhat familiar

Postby jaggedjagd » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:50 am

Last edited by jaggedjagd on Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby delete8234b » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:22 am

TBH, who really cares if they're talking about it negatively? I mean, as long as you like it and our intentions aren't to harm others, it's fine, just like any other fanbase!
delete8234b
Somewhat familiar

Postby MeTheMe » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:00 pm

jaggedjagd wrote:Oh snap! Put a dollar in the NLSS vore jar:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/216751773

00:35:15

Even dropped a "cockvore" bomb around 01:10:10. Nice~

It makes sense that a group that made the term 'fetish golf' bring up the spectrum of fetishes so much. Though whenever they sound surprised by a new term, I wonder if the fetish community terms have gone so far we've made our own new languages.
Have a taste of my art if want! https://aryion.com/g4/gallery/MeTheMe

My Seeking RP Thread viewtopic.php?f=31&t=11807
MeTheMe
Semi-final Boss

Previous

Return to General Vore Discussion