Disgusted by such an amount you want to leave the fetish?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Did certain content ever made you wanna quit Vore?

Yes - I pondered about it
9%
Yes - I tried to but came back
10%
No - But some things still go way too far in my opinion
31%
No - I simply click things I dislike away
50%

Total votes : 511

Disgusted by such an amount you want to leave the fetish?

Postby Paradox » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:23 pm

Heya all,

i have a pretty straightforward question.
Did you ever encountered certain vorish works at this site (or others) that made you want to quit the whole VORE/UB fetish, like at once?

I always considered myself open minded and let people enjoy what they like, simply ignoring content i dislike, but lately I get more and more frustrated by seeing content I fricking hate.
Of course it probably is just me, moreover since i feel like my joy for Vore and UB decreased a lot the last years.
This morning tough, after encountering such a thing again, I actually pondered if i shouldn't just leave the community for good. This however wasn't a few minutes rant, it was a deep heavy thought i had over almost the entire day.

The question is a simple: Did you ever felt disgusted by certain content that it made you reconsider your kink?
You're welcome to visit my Gallery here on Ekas :3
(just click on the dancing girl)
Paradox
---

Re: Disgusted by such an amount you want to leave the fetish

Postby jaggedjagd » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:31 pm

Everytime I see another "What if vore was real" thread.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Leika » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:35 pm

I sometimes see things I really hate, either because they're way too gross, or just so badly drawn/written that it's embarrassing and I wish people hadn't posted them. This happens all the time- like any form of art or entertainment, 90% of vore works are garbage you have to sift through to find a few gems. I've never considered leaving, though... I can't really help what I find arousing, and the bad stuff is easy enough to avoid (or forget) that it doesn't affect me too much. I definitely wouldn't want anyone to associate me even remotely with that stuff, but then, I wouldn't want people to associate me with vore either. It's a very fringe and embarrassing fetish to begin with, so it's not like I have a high ground I can stand on to condemn stuff that crosses the line for me.
Leika
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SarahTheCuteVixen » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:48 pm

Leika wrote:
Spoiler: show
I sometimes see things I really hate, either because they're way too gross, or just so badly drawn/written that it's embarrassing and I wish people hadn't posted them. This happens all the time- like any form of art or entertainment, 90% of vore works are garbage you have to sift through to find a few gems. I've never considered leaving, though... I can't really help what I find arousing, and the bad stuff is easy enough to avoid (or forget) that it doesn't affect me too much. I definitely wouldn't want anyone to associate me even remotely with that stuff, but then, I wouldn't want people to associate me with vore either. It's a very fringe and embarrassing fetish to begin with, so it's not like I have a high ground I can stand on to condemn stuff that crosses the line for me.

I know what you mean, some of the art work i've seen is atrocious, heck I view mine to be crappy sometimes,
SarahTheCuteVixen
Been posting for a bit

Postby hibbyjibby » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:49 pm

It's one thing to find the artwork in a community bad; it's an entirely different thing to find the community worse than the artwork, which is more my case.

I've seen a few real stinkers out there. And rather than getting disgusted, I'm more embarrassed for the artist who thinks it was worth uploading something so bad or poorly done, and I make fun of the piece with some friends along for that. Now I know a few artists, they just aren't good simply because they haven't been at it for too long or rarely get a chance to do art. That's fine, I can respect that because I know we all need to start somewhere. I'm even fairly good friends with quite a few people in this situation.

BUT, and I won't name names as much as I'd love to call some people out, it's less the artwork that I think is the issue; it's an inherent lack of quality that seems pretty widespread, and only reinforced by the hugbox, echo-chamber nature of this site. Everyone is either too afraid to speak up what they think, or they can barely rub two brain cells to leave a comment greater than "Oh murr what a sexy picture I lub it X3333", which I see all that time and offers NOTHING to improving the issue because it doesn't give the artist any sorta feedback, atleast any meaningful feedback. It's why I take pretty much every chance I can to either PM or just publicly leave a comment expressing my honest views. I try to be nice about it but I'm still honest about it.

So, yeah. TL;DR of my long winded rant, if I ever see a picture that would 'disgust' you, odds are I've seen it, simply made fun of it, and moved on knowing I and my friends can do better, while acknowledging the users, community, and regulations/standards need to change before the art will.
(●`ε´●) Only have one Waifu, because having more will ruin your life-u (。・`ω´・。)!!
hibbyjibby
Somewhat familiar

Postby Humbug » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:02 pm

If I see something disgusting, I usually just laugh and show it to my friends. They do the same to me. We're all evil like that.
Humbug
---

Postby RoyalJellie » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:08 pm

Honestly, anything involving kids just makes me want to up and leave.
RoyalJellie
New to the forum

Postby Liz » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:28 pm

I just click back and move on.

There are stuff involving a sexual fetish with children and other stuff I hate. The only thing I can do it blacklist it and hope people at least use tags...
Last edited by Liz on Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i68.tinypic.com/2r3xx1e.jpg[/img]
Chibi Liz's view on Physics, well breaking/ignoring them >:3 .
Pixiv [url]http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=3050556[/url]
Liz
---

Postby Kurczak48 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:30 pm

Not really, there are things I can't look straight at for even 1 second(So I just blacklist tags and hope not to find less of those "proximity mines"), but that's not the matter of quality.

hibbyjibby hit the point tbh. And to advance it further, I think it's the lack of self-criticism. It' s not exactly people who show apprecation to low-quality content. There are many ways to ask for advice, they seem not to see that they need those though...

DA/Youtube though...those hit me hard... Like Eka's has a lot of people who might not...draw one round circle(WARNING:Not to be taken literally) but they have really wonderful ideas, which usually fit to what we love in fetish.
Back to the DA/Youtube, those sites got plenty of "artists" who really don't put even minimal amount of effort to things they publish(can't call that art...). Like: 1.Steal pregnant woman picture 2. Add " *Gurgle* " text above the abdomen...Voila! Now to publish it!

And fetishes are well... sexuality. And because of that we either get disgusted or aroused most of the time.

Determining fetish-art in the same terms as canon-art is a big mistake. By canon-art I mean "the actual art" like Picasso's works etc.
In summary, it's not the matter of quality but of the effort someone puts to publish stuff. IMHO
Kurczak48
Been posting for a bit

Postby EndercreeperMugen » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:34 pm

When it comes to pieces that I personally dislike or find disgusting, I'll just click off and ignore it rather than bother to get mad about it; not all of are going to like the same exact thing. However, I do find myself frustrated with users within the community: Usually, it comes down to their behavior, them constantly pushing out garbage art, or every once in a blue moon it'll be both. Neither the art I don't like nor people I get annoyed with have been enough for me to consider quitting, though.
EndercreeperMugen
Somewhat familiar

Postby Paradox » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:37 pm

Liz wrote:I just click back and move on.

There are stuff involving a sexual fetish with children and other stuff I hate. The only thing I can do it blacklist it and hope people at least use tags...

Yeah,i deactivated my white tags now. I rather dont want any notification than getting to see stuff i regret clicking.
Something got posted today which included stuff i definetely didn't want to see, just cause it shared the same category.

Just to make things clear people, i mean content in general, not quality of work. Even Awesome Artists can do stuff you dont agree on.
You're welcome to visit my Gallery here on Ekas :3
(just click on the dancing girl)
Paradox
---

Postby Liz » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:41 pm

Paradox wrote:
Liz wrote:I just click back and move on.

Yeah,i deactivated my white tags now. I rather dont want any notification than getting to see stuff i regret clicking.
Something got posted today which included stuff i definetely didn't want to see, just cause it shared the same category.

Just to make things clear people, i mean content in general, not quality of work. Even Awesome Artists can do stuff you dont agree on.

I agree with that :)
I know some artists just post for fun and if they aren't doing something I like I click back and look for something else more to my taste.
[img]http://i68.tinypic.com/2r3xx1e.jpg[/img]
Chibi Liz's view on Physics, well breaking/ignoring them >:3 .
Pixiv [url]http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=3050556[/url]
Liz
---

Postby SilhouetteofKid » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:41 pm

Not really, I don't think no matter how far some vore went or how bad it was, I wouldn't leave.

I find some of the stuff on here weird but that's to be expected, so I wouldn't be surprised if something was a bit gross.

Heck, I often run into a lot of stuff with scat and gore but it's not enough to make me quit. If its bad art, well, Idk what

to say, I rarely run into it. I have seen art that could use some work but I didn't think they were that bad. Plus I leave a comment

pointing out some stuff that needs work.

Can't really say much about my art, I don't even think I get critiques. However, it doesn't stop me from improving for my own sake.

My art isn't the top-notch stuff on here but I'll strive to reach that point. Part of that probably comes from my time on dA, I barely

got any critiques or anything for that matter.
Hell yeah. (⌐■_■)

SilhouetteofKid
Somewhat familiar

Postby sweetladyamy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:55 pm

Honestly, vore is a part of my persona. That, my dear, is not just something one can simply 'quit'.

I'll always be afflicted by the love of vore.

Sure, there may be vore content I might not care much for, but usually, I'm pretty good at knowing this before I even encounter it.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby Ghrelin » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:24 pm

you can't just quit having a kink; that's not how they work :Y
but i assume you meant leaving the "community", like this website or whatever, and the answer is still no. i came in knowing that not everyone was gonna like the exact same stuff as me. that would be ridiculous to think they would; of course i'm gonna see stuff that grosses me out. and the stuff i hate most will be someone else's favorite and the whole reason they come here, and some of the stuff i feel that way about will be what makes another person wanna throw their computer out the window. that's how it goes. and that's why i think they need to work on fixing the blacklist/whitelist feature on here before doing anything else.
until then, the 'back' button and that little red 'x' exist for a reason. i'm not easily disturbed by stuff i see in people's art. if it's not my thing, it's not my thing. big deal. and when i do find the rare thing that really upsets me, that's not on anybody but me. i'll just close it, give myself time to get over it, and move on.
Ghrelin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby truth » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:25 pm

Theres a fair bit of content I'd rather not see, but I wouldn't say any particular piece has made me want to up and quit.

Though honestly, I wish I could for other reasons.
truth
Been posting for a bit

Postby Artemis » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:26 pm

As far as art goes, nothing really. I've always made the distinction between "What I like" and "What I don't like" and simply never considered the latter part of the former. There are things that make me deeply uncomfortable, but I have names for those things and I just do my best to avoid them.

Plus, one of those things is "sex" or "cock" so I really haven't ever had the option of avoiding these things as much as I might like to. You can blacklist herms or whatever, but if you then whitelist your favorite series or character you're still going to see them. Really I have no idea why Blacklisting doesn't take priority over whitelisting instead of the other way around. It feels like that would make the most people happy. But eh, it's given me a bit of tolerance for things I don't like.

--Speaking of which

The only thing that has ever made me consider stepping away from the community is the community itself. There are small things like not being able to get along with boy crazy types and furrycentrism that really grind my gears because not everyone just lets me avoid those things. But the real killer is when I log on, look at the recent posts/threads and simply can't find anything I want to be a part of.

At that point, what else is there to do but step away? Other than try to craft some great thread of my own or come back tomorrow and try again, there really isn't anything to be done about it. :/
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Hanzo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:41 pm

Personally I have to say, I feel rather left out in this fetish. Cause like you said, alot of stuff disgusts me. Like scat, and piss, and gas, and all the other gross aspects of vore. Like, why? Its waste. Whats so damn alluring about it? Also, digestion, why? Yeah, its what would just naturally happen. But this is fantasy, why limit ourselves to what would happen realisticly. Also a bunch of the furry stuff. I get it, you like what you like. You do you. But as someone who isnt a furry, there's a lot of stuff here, and in vore, that just grosses me out and kills it for me.

I may have gotten off track. But theres your answer.
Hanzo
Somewhat familiar

Postby smog1 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:17 pm

There is a lot of things I dislike on certain aspects of vore that others are into for their own kinks, fetishes and tastes. I hate gross things like scat, cock vore and herms. Yet I do not let that bother me. Its annoying to see it but I just focus on MY OWN vore fetish and those artists who share a similar taste and whose big bellied ladies are gorgeous.

Maybe check out certain gallery's or type something in the tags, or blacklist certain tags if you don't want to see them.

For me when I see vore, its a sexual fetish on various female preds that make them stand out and want to fall in love with them, have a crush or turn into a waifu. I know that's what I am doing in my gallery :D
smog1
Somewhat familiar

Postby morosenoodle » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:21 pm

I'm not really sure I follow the question. Are we talking about Voreish material that we'd normally be interested in, but for whatever reason, have decided it Goes Too Far? Or are we talking about Voreish material that we aren't normally interested in, stuff that is outside our own particular fetish which, upon viewing, causes us to question even the things we enjoy?

In the former case, I'd say no. While material I like is usually (by definition) material I like, I cannot think of any instance where something that is typically relevant to my interests has nevertheless failed so hard to please that viewing it killed my relevant interest. I won't say it could NEVER happen (the reverse - material I don't normally like winning hard enough to warm me to that material - has certainly happened), but I cannot think of any situation in which it would.

And in the latter case, doubly no, because if I encounter Vore fetish material that I'm not into, I just shrug and move on. Happens all the time, and unlike the former case, I don't even think that such a situation would be possible for me: I can't imagine how things you don't like could bleed through and spoil unrelated things that you do! That might be because I don't primarily identify as "a member of" any particular, overarching fetish community ("I'm a member of the Vore Community!"), but rather as an individual who happens to like certain fetishes ("I'm a perv, and sometimes Vore is interesting!"), so I guess my question here would be (for the people who DO experiences such crises of identity): do you view yourself primarily in terms of group identity, or in terms of individual identity, vis-a-vis Vore?
morosenoodle
New to the forum

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion