Ultimate Blackjack [Moddable for custom text]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Ultimate Blackjack

Postby scottypilgrim » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:51 pm

scottypilgrim
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Yukovika » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:05 pm

scottypilgrim, Thank you! ^u^
Yukovika
New to the forum

Postby DollyFailFail » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:34 pm

So I decided to start this back up again to get the art(starting with Raven), thus far I have been playing for several minutes and have won exactly two hands. Even when I get a 21(which has happened twice so far) she gets one too.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Journeyman » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:25 pm

failbird105 wrote:So I decided to start this back up again to get the art(starting with Raven), thus far I have been playing for several minutes and have won exactly two hands. Even when I get a 21(which has happened twice so far) she gets one too.

Excellent! Our dealers were just talking about how hungry they've been this week...
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby NoweUzuki » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:28 pm

I've lost soo many times to marie that she leased out her stomach for me to live in...
NoweUzuki
New to the forum

Postby Journeyman » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:57 pm

NoweUzuki, excellent! It's no wonder she's always so cheerful~~
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby DroolingPred » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:58 pm

I've beat Marie 57 times without getting all of her art...
DroolingPred
Participator

Postby mibankai1171 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:51 am

I have been playing for an hour and the second character always beats my hand of 18s and 19s I have lost over 40 times.
Last edited by mibankai1171 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
mibankai1171
Somewhat familiar

Postby Journeyman » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:56 pm

mibankai1171,
2018-06-12_1854[1].png
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Journeyman » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:35 am

I've had a bit of feedback via PM instead of posting here, so I figured I'd share
2018-06-13_1216[1].png
2018-06-13_1216[1].png (10.21 KiB) Viewed 2962 times

I had a bit of fun, I admit, jesting at the skill of the messenger, and a pun upon his own PM title/ Perhaps I should not have presumed that being called garbage on the one side was fair game in return? My b :D I was upset, of course, with my game--made at several hundred dollars expense to myself, given freely, updated many times for you all for free over 3 years, was called garbage. I told him he should feel awful. Was that wrong?
2018-06-13_1217[1].png

Fair reply, though, in case anyone's wondering, no "apology" message ever reached my inbox...
2018-06-13_1220[1].png
2018-06-13_1220[1].png (7.95 KiB) Viewed 2962 times

Now I I didn't reply to this return message, but discovered that the PMs just kept on coming...
2018-06-13_1222[1].png
2018-06-13_1222[1].png (10.34 KiB) Viewed 2963 times

2018-06-13_1225[1].png
2018-06-13_1225[1].png (6.39 KiB) Viewed 2963 times

2018-06-13_1226[1].png
2018-06-13_1226[1].png (13.33 KiB) Viewed 2967 times

Ok, we get it, Why share all this?
Well, here's the thing. I don't usually share PMs. BUT. This is feedback on the game, and...longtime followers of this thread will notice that everything criticized in this feedback has been the subject of 50 forum pages of discussion, and repeated over and over. Many before this person have mistakenly assumed that the game has "ai". I've explained this and even posted the full deck-handling code in this thread. Many have trouble winning the game. I've posted numerous strategies (as have all of you) in this thread, and I've called them out on the OP.

This kind of message ought to have appeared here, on the forum, where many, many helpful gamers have already discussed, debunked, and offered assistance. Instead, it was sent via PM, avoiding having to deal with all of this material explaining and helping, and that's very discouraging. And the follow-ups are just harassing, so I figured I might go ahead and warn y'all about that, too ;)

But yea, let's keep these thoughts on the gameplay here, where they are discussable, explainable, and helpable rather than directing angry, personal, and insulting messages at my inbox. I understand that we get passionate--look, I do too, which is why I've included my own less-than-saintly reply, but...that's just another reason to keep the discussion open and accountable, right?
Last edited by Journeyman on Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Krovennan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:39 pm

Ignore 'em Journeyman, I'm fine with it being hard for the big rewards. I've been working through each dealer, trying to unlock all the art, then using a win token on Erika once I get them. Much as I'm fine with the game's difficulty the later ones can get to be a bit of a grind if you keep going back and forth, so I take what I can get. Thus far I've unlocked all of Raven and Marie's art, and I'm working through the rest slowly. I'm gonna win that secret image entirely legit cause I'm mad like that.
Krovennan
Somewhat familiar

Postby Battalia » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:01 pm

How dare you not know they had been working on no sleep with self imposed restrictions when they decided to take a swing at you? You should probably check you privilege. :roll:

Sorry you had to go through that Journeyman. Frustrating to have someone spit in your face after hundreds of dollars and hours of work were given to them for free, and then have them pull the victim card after your response.

It's hard to keep on the high road, but nobody will blame you for the rebuttal. I'm guessing them saying 'i am sorry I don't say this often' was the claimed apology? Either that or some random has an apology in their mailbox >.> Makes no sense.

But that back tracking through! From calling your game garbage to a good game after one reply, you must have struck a nerve :lol:

On a serious note, hope you shrug it off and keep on being awesome. It really is the best revenge on the haters.
Battalia
Somewhat familiar

Postby Bright » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:00 pm

That PM got me smiling because of its absurdity.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Ghostdragon » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:01 pm

In a game of chance on how the cards are shuffled, it's a little silly to call it a garbage game. I fell in love with it instantly and was more than glad to offer help by donating. When I have spare funds I will continue to donate for this game to grow whenever it is time for an update. The fact that I drew fan art/plan for more art/working on a story is my devotion to the game. I've spent hours losing, it happens. No different than in real life cards.

Just keep your head up Journeyman, the game is great. If there is plans for more dealers, I'm always excited at such a thought. The idea of audio certainly adds to the experience, was great with Erika. Looping stomach sounds would not be bad if it is not a hassle to get in there, just my little thing to poke about, but I won't push for it if there are difficulties. In the mean time, I know I will love continuing to play and toying around ideas of possibly drawing more with my favourite dealers of Raven, Marie and Erika. :gulp:
*Rare sight, Ghosty leaving a post!*
Ghostdragon
New to the forum

Postby Rat_Guy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:03 pm

Yeah, that dude was asking for it, don't feel bad.

I too have difficulty with playing blackjack, but I admit that's entirely on me. On that note, thank you for putting the cheats into the game, they make it so that even a schlub like me can me win easily.
Rat_Guy
want to be a game sage

Postby blackskies » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:02 pm

I don't understand peoples difficulty in winning this game. I mean it's even got a cheat system in it.

Seriously don't over bet and learn when to hit and stay. I mean it's not rocket science.
blackskies
Somewhat familiar

Postby zoozoo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:21 pm

Just sent a donation your way. Free games of this quality are a rare sight and I'm excited to see what you make next (assuming you decide to sink a couple hundred hours into another project)!
zoozoo
Been posting for a bit

Postby Journeyman » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:38 pm

Krovennan, Battalia, Bright, Ghostdragon, Rat_Haus, blackskies, zoozoo, thank you for your kind words~! It means quite a lot more than I can say--like so many people these days, I suffer a from clinical depression but am fortunate to have it pretty well managed these days. I think people sometimes forget how deeply they can hurt someone with just a few well-aimed words pointed straight at the things we've chosen to pour ourselves into. Something like game development is such a trial, but also becomes such a deep source of validation and feeling of worth, and hearing the impressions and thoughts from people who have deeply enjoyed and appreciated the work makes everything brighter. You guys are great :) And zoozoo--don't worry, my next omnomnom project is a big one (will be a while) but definitely underway--and we may even see another dealer or two in Blackjack someday ;D
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby VoreLover99 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:34 am

Journeyman, has there been any progress on porting the new version to Android? I just went through all the posts since the update dropped, and though it sounded like you'd be looking into it soon as of late January, there's been no mention of the Android version since stuff99 asked about it this past March, met with no response. Have you just been working on other projects? Or did the APK port turn into more trouble than it's worth?
VoreLover99
Been posting for a bit

Postby Journeyman » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:04 pm

VoreLover99, thanks for asking! No progress, but maybe some? I did look into it a few months ago and it was a nightmare; practically everything wasn't working properly. But, new versions of SDK stuff were out, and the dev tool I use (GameMaker Studio) was occupied with a number of other updates and had slid a bit on that front. As I understand it, The people who make Game Maker Studio are preparing the final end-of-life update for GameMaker Studio 1.4 (which was used to make this game), and will have more comprehensive fixes for bringing a GameMaker Studio 1 project into GameMaker Studio 2 (which was released a year ago). Android ports on GMS 2 are working well, so if I can get Blackjack into GMS2, I'd be able to get the Android build working again.

Definitely working on a new project also (in GameMaker Studio 2), and a huuuge amount of effort has to go into it :D Lots of progress there, but ages away from having anything to show here ;D
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game