Monster Girl Rancher (v0.5.3.0 - Centaurs and Aging Update)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.2.4 - Breeding Update)

Postby Sulac » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:08 pm

NemoUlysses wrote:My male Harpy is producing infinite eggs. :?

Savefile from C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Local:
http://anonfile.com/Qdq5gfe2b8/MGRanch.zip

I'm getting the feeling that I need to do the entire item collection code over from the start. Fixed for now, though.

ImaDeleteThisAcc wrote:http://prntscr.com/j65g9s

My harpy ate the stud and laid an egg at the same time. Now shes invisible the next day

Eating the stud and laying the egg at the same time is normal. Invisibility isn't though. Fixed.
Sulac
Somewhat familiar

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.2.4 - Breeding Update)

Postby mudkip01 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:22 pm

############################################################################################
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Alarm Event for alarm 0
for object obj_bed:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [6,9] out of range [6,-1] - -5.stud(100027,192009)
at gml_Script_scp_next_day
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_scp_next_day (line -1)
gml_Object_obj_bed_Alarm_0

I got this code when trying to breed a Mermaid Lamia and Harpy the same game night it crashed the first time so i reloaded and now the mermaid and lamia in question are listed as being there but are invisible along with the breeders the harpy was a male harpy so he is still visible
mudkip01
Been posting for a bit

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.2.3 - Breeding Update)

Postby ItWasInstinct » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:36 pm

I was just about to report the same issue.

Edit: Also got another glitch when I bought a third cowgirl. Her name is over the exit option and I can't select her name, but in the blank space where her name should be it says <EXPECTING> Bullboy? One of my cowgirls is pregnant, could this be the issue?
ItWasInstinct
New to the forum

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.2.5 - Breeding Update)

Postby Sulac » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:01 pm

ImaDeleteThisAcc wrote:http://prntscr.com/j65g9s

My harpy ate the stud and laid an egg at the same time. Now shes invisible the next day

ItWasInstinct wrote:

I was just about to report the same issue.

Edit: Also got another glitch when I bought a third cowgirl. Her name is over the exit option and I can't select her name, but in the blank space where her name should be it says <EXPECTING> Bullboy? One of my cowgirls is pregnant, could this be the issue?

Turns out I didn't quite fix the item collection code like I thought I did. Fixed, but saves from previous versions will still have infinite item collection. Please start a new save file to fix this.

Also, fixed the Cowgirl issue.

mudkip01 wrote:############################################################################################
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Alarm Event for alarm 0
for object obj_bed:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [6,9] out of range [6,-1] - -5.stud(100027,192009)
at gml_Script_scp_next_day
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_scp_next_day (line -1)
gml_Object_obj_bed_Alarm_0

I got this code when trying to breed a Mermaid Lamia and Harpy the same game night it crashed the first time so i reloaded and now the mermaid and lamia in question are listed as being there but are invisible along with the breeders the harpy was a male harpy so he is still visible

Whoops, fixed.
Sulac
Somewhat familiar

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.2.5 - Breeding Update)

Postby NemoUlysses » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:50 pm

Started a new game, now my bullboy is still tired several days after copulating.

http://anonfile.com/Kbvdg8e5b2/MGRanch.zip
NemoUlysses
Somewhat familiar

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.2.6 - Breeding Update)

Postby Sulac » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:03 pm

NemoUlysses wrote:Started a new game, now my bullboy is still tired several days after copulating.

http://anonfile.com/Kbvdg8e5b2/MGRanch.zip

...A simple and stupid typo. Fixed.
Sulac
Somewhat familiar

Postby mr_dawg » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:52 am

Neat game, stat inheritance through breeding breaks the game though. By the 3rd or 4th generation your monsters are popping out kids worth 500k+

Other breeding related weirdness: Setting two monsters to breed, then feeding one monster to another in that room causes the breeding pair to disappear as the remaining monsters move up a space. The game crashes when you sleep iirc.
You can also breed male monsters through the tavern if you talk to a stud, select a female monster, then while the Yes/No confirmation is on screen move the arrow down to a male monster and confirm. Bravery still seems to matter oddly enough, so you have to use guys with appropriate bravery or nothing will happen.
mr_dawg
Somewhat familiar

Postby YamiTakashi » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:48 am

It would be great if there was some nekomatas and banshees in the choice of monster girls <3
welcome! prey and pred! i am yami Claw or what some people call me "Yami Takashi" i am a huge vore fan so please ask me if i want to do a vore and i will join as pred or prey or both xD
YamiTakashi
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby chefjellyguy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:25 am

alright, I have a bug to report.
whenever i attempt to go to bed now, i get this message:

of Draw Event
for object obj_bed:

Trying to draw non-existing sprite.
at gml_Object_obj_bed_Draw_64
stack frame is
gml_Object_obj_bed_Draw_64 (line -1)

Due to it always being accompanied by the game displaying the silhouette of a mermaid while displaying the message "A new merboy has been born!", with the name box blank, it seems the game is having trouble reading the files for spawning a male mermaid.
chefjellyguy
Been posting for a bit

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.2.7 - Breeding Update)

Postby Sulac » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:00 am

chefjellyguy wrote:alright, I have a bug to report.
whenever i attempt to go to bed now, i get this message:

of Draw Event
for object obj_bed:

Trying to draw non-existing sprite.
at gml_Object_obj_bed_Draw_64
stack frame is
gml_Object_obj_bed_Draw_64 (line -1)

Due to it always being accompanied by the game displaying the silhouette of a mermaid while displaying the message "A new merboy has been born!", with the name box blank, it seems the game is having trouble reading the files for spawning a male mermaid.

Whoops, small goof. Fixed.

mr_dawg wrote:Neat game, stat inheritance through breeding breaks the game though. By the 3rd or 4th generation your monsters are popping out kids worth 500k+

Other breeding related weirdness: Setting two monsters to breed, then feeding one monster to another in that room causes the breeding pair to disappear as the remaining monsters move up a space. The game crashes when you sleep iirc.
You can also breed male monsters through the tavern if you talk to a stud, select a female monster, then while the Yes/No confirmation is on screen move the arrow down to a male monster and confirm. Bravery still seems to matter oddly enough, so you have to use guys with appropriate bravery or nothing will happen.

I've nerfed the effect of the mother's stats on the child's when breeding. Let me know how it is now (especially if it was too hard of a nerf...)

Changing which Monster Girl you wanted studs to breed with when confirming was a silly oversight, and has been fixed.

Breeding shenanigans and crashes when feeding Monsters in the same room, however, required overhauling how the game handles breeding Monster Boys. Because of this, saves from previous version may not be compatible, and if you had Monster Boys in the process of breeding, they're absolutely not.
Sulac
Somewhat familiar

Postby chefjellyguy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:13 pm

before i post this next report, I do want to paraphrase that this is an amazing game, and I can tell you are putting an incredible amount of effort into it.

also, I honestly have no idea how i got this one, it was from me feeding a male harpy to a female cow.

of Key Press Event for Z-key Key
for object obj_sign_barn:

Array index must be positive
at gml_Script_scp_feed_girl
stack frame is
gml_Script_scp_feed_girl (line -1)
gml_Object_obj_sign_barn_KeyPress_90
chefjellyguy
Been posting for a bit

Postby Orosaki » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:18 pm

The ability to scold the girls for doing certain things would be nice. for example if they eat a stud and you scold them for it they will be less likely to do it again. Unless you specifically tell them to. This could be applied to a lot of things for example sometimes a monster girl might i dunno do something that is undesirable and you either scold them for it or praise them.

Scolding them makes them less likely to perform a certain random action while praising them makes them more likely to do scertain actions.
Scolding them reduces happiness and praising them increases happiness to add an extra level to the mechanic. It also reduces their affection towards you overall, so if you scold them frequently they will not like you. Scolding/praising them has a much bigger effect on happiness than feeding them. and whenever a monster girl has done something that requires a scolding or praising you can choose to do nothing as well.

Any thoughts to the dryads and coliseum idea though. And what do you think of the benefits/drawbacks i gave for sleeping outside.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.2.8 - Breeding Update)

Postby Sulac » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:14 pm

chefjellyguy wrote:before i post this next report, I do want to paraphrase that this is an amazing game, and I can tell you are putting an incredible amount of effort into it.

also, I honestly have no idea how i got this one, it was from me feeding a male harpy to a female cow.

of Key Press Event for Z-key Key
for object obj_sign_barn:

Array index must be positive
at gml_Script_scp_feed_girl
stack frame is
gml_Script_scp_feed_girl (line -1)
gml_Object_obj_sign_barn_KeyPress_90

Whoops, fixed. And thank you for the support! Every bit helps me keep this going!

Orosaki wrote:The ability to scold the girls for doing certain things would be nice. for example if they eat a stud and you scold them for it they will be less likely to do it again. Unless you specifically tell them to. This could be applied to a lot of things for example sometimes a monster girl might i dunno do something that is undesirable and you either scold them for it or praise them.

Scolding them makes them less likely to perform a certain random action while praising them makes them more likely to do scertain actions.
Scolding them reduces happiness and praising them increases happiness to add an extra level to the mechanic. It also reduces their affection towards you overall, so if you scold them frequently they will not like you. Scolding/praising them has a much bigger effect on happiness than feeding them. and whenever a monster girl has done something that requires a scolding or praising you can choose to do nothing as well.

Any thoughts to the dryads and coliseum idea though. And what do you think of the benefits/drawbacks i gave for sleeping outside.

An interesting idea, though it'll require a lot of work to fully implement. I already have my hands full at the moment bugfixing the breeding update, and I also know what I intend to work on afterwards.

Though speaking of that, the "coliseum" idea, as you put it, is actually what I intend to add next, once the breeding update has been fully sorted. As for dryads and sleeping outside, those are still being considered.
Sulac
Somewhat familiar

Postby Hansony » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:25 pm

Just here to tell you that the BullBoy disappearance bug after sex with CowGirls are still a thing... he is in the menu but not on screen and while the breed option appear select-able (black) when actually clicking it it says
already breeding.

This was with 2.7 by the way since you managed to update before I got around to play that version

OH and thanks for the randomize option, REALLY nice to at least be able to avoid looks I don't like.
Hansony
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby eleventh » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:38 pm

So in 0.2.6 at least I ran into menu troubles with the blank placeholder slots pushing any new monster girls off the end of the menu, making them inaccessible.
Also had a cowgirl eat her own <EXPECTING>. I wasn't sure what I expected to have happen, but it wasn't that.
I really need to just post things without rewriting them dozens of times.
eleventh
Participator

Postby Caesar » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:49 pm

Hansony wrote:Just here to tell you that the BullBoy disappearance bug after sex with CowGirls are still a thing... he is in the menu but not on screen and while the breed option appear select-able (black) when actually clicking it it says
already breeding.

This was with 2.7 by the way since you managed to update before I got around to play that version

OH and thanks for the randomize option, REALLY nice to at least be able to avoid looks I don't like.

I'm noticing this problem in 2.8 with Harpies as well. Male harpies don't appear on the trees after breeding. Adding another harpy leaves that tree blank as if the game understands that that slot is taken. When checking on the male harpy it doesn't indicate that they are 'busy' at the moment, however feeding them to another monster girl or trying to get them to breed doesn't work.
Caesar
Somewhat familiar

Postby Orosaki » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:31 pm

Caesar wrote:
Hansony wrote:Just here to tell you that the BullBoy disappearance bug after sex with CowGirls are still a thing... he is in the menu but not on screen and while the breed option appear select-able (black) when actually clicking it it says
already breeding.

I'm noticing this problem in 2.8 with Harpies as well. Male harpies don't appear on the trees after breeding. Adding another harpy leaves that tree blank as if the game understands that that slot is taken. When checking on the male harpy it doesn't indicate that they are 'busy' at the moment, however feeding them to another monster girl or trying to get them to breed doesn't work.

What about selling them?

Also i found this bug by chance but if you attempt to have multiple males breed on the same day only the first pair you had breed will have gotten pregnant. i had a cowgirl breed with a bull a harpy breed with a male counterpart after that and a stud bered with a lamia on the same day. Only the cowgirl got preggo and the harpy male was forever made sterile and unable to have kids. I attempted to breed him with the harpy again only for no child to show up. but having a stud do it resulted in an preggo harpy
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.2.9 - Breeding Update)

Postby Sulac » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:41 pm

eleventh wrote:So in 0.2.6 at least I ran into menu troubles with the blank placeholder slots pushing any new monster girls off the end of the menu, making them inaccessible.
Also had a cowgirl eat her own <EXPECTING>. I wasn't sure what I expected to have happen, but it wasn't that.

Whoops, that's quite an oversight. And looking through the code, I found similar issues in other places. Various things fixed.

Caesar wrote:
already breeding.

I cannot for the life of me replicate your issues. All monster boys are returning to their default state after breeding correctly, and are coming off the breeding cooldown correctly as well.

I'm going to reiterate: Saves from versions 2.6 and prior are not compatible with 2.7 and later due to changes in breeding code. If you imported your old save data, that's most likely your issue. Otherwise, I'm pretty lost here.

Orosaki wrote:Also i found this bug by chance but if you attempt to have multiple males breed on the same day only the first pair you had breed will have gotten pregnant. i had a cowgirl breed with a bull a harpy breed with a male counterpart after that and a stud bered with a lamia on the same day. Only the cowgirl got preggo and the harpy male was forever made sterile and unable to have kids. I attempted to breed him with the harpy again only for no child to show up. but having a stud do it resulted in an preggo harpy

Not actually a bug: it's random chance as to whether the Monster Girl will get pregnant. It is determined by their health stat- the healthier they are, the more likely they are to get pregnant. I have gotten multiple Monster Girls (in various locations, and within a single location) pregnant on the same day. You're just a bit unlucky. :P
Sulac
Somewhat familiar

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.2.9 - Breeding Update)

Postby Orosaki » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:36 pm

Poor lucky he had always gotten out of bad situations and had decided to try his luck breeding with a hungry mermaid.
Poor lucky such a crappy ending to a very lucky guy.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.2.0 - Breeding Update)

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:49 am

Hell yeah! I hope I don't run into any bugs!

Sulac wrote:
Ehe044 wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:Uhm... Will cowgirls eventually be able to eat other girls...?

They are already able to but you have to really starve them first

I was wondering when (if ever) someone was gonna discover that. That's been in there since the very first release, I just wanted to see how long until someone found it. If you're curious about the exact mechanics...

Spoiler: show
Cowgirls initially have to be starved down to below 25% before they'll eat another Monster Girl. Each time you feed them one, a hidden "pred stat" is increased. The stat reduces how long you need to starve your Cowgirl before she'll eat other Monster Girls. Once the "pred stat" reaches a certain point though, the Cowgirl will eat other Monster Girls without any complaint or regard to hunger (barring usual limits on overfeeding).

The "pred stat" also influences the chance that the Cowgirl will eat her mate after breeding. Speaking of...

I would like to announce that the Breeding Update is finally finished and ready to play! The changelog has been updated, but the biggest additions are:

Mermaids
Monster Boys
Studs
Breeding, pregnancy and childbirth
And an in-game manual, accessible from the bookshelf

Have fun, and let me know if anything goes wrong!

Thanks for the info. ;)

BTW how much hunger does eating another monster/stud fulfill?
Turbotowns
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game