What Tablet?

Dedicated for the vore artists who have an album in this site, including commission advertisement, one thread per user please.

1a. Each artist should only have one thread for an open offer that has no deadline, and one project offers thread. Every commission / stream opening and closing, New publish for purchase, etc, should just be added to the commission thread.

1b. Likewise. Any other deadline orientated project (for example YCH) please just add to your project thread.

-Doing this mostly to make sure we don't have hundreds of artists making new threads every time for people to wands through.

2. Thread bumping is once a week! That means if you just want to add visibility to your thread, please don't bump it more than once a week.

3. Please link to your commission tab, like one of those here https://aryion.com/g4/commission.list.php

4. If you are hiring someone, use our forum for hiring viewforum.php?f=99

Artists recommendation before accepting commission, check for poster reputation. If they don't seem active, new account etc, You should do the following:

1. NEVER do free spec work without payment first...not even simple "test" sketches.
2. ALWAYS have a clear and detail mutual agreement
3. ALWAYS ask for half payment upfront before you do any work at all
4. NEVER send final artwork until you have received final payment
5. Check #blacklist for information on scam related activity in our artist Discord viewtopic.php?f=99&t=55569

Forum rules
Dedicated for the vore artists who have an album in this site, including commission advertisement, one thread per user please.

1a. Each artist should only have one thread for an open offer that has no deadline, and one project offers thread. Every commission / stream opening and closing, New publish for purchase, etc, should just be added to the commission thread.

1b. Likewise. Any other deadline orientated project (for example YCH) please just add to your project thread.

-Doing this mostly to make sure we don't have hundreds of artists making new threads every time for people to wands through.

2. Thread bumping is once a week! That means if you just want to add visibility to your thread, please don't bump it more than once a week.

3. Please link to your commission tab, like one of those here https://aryion.com/g4/commission.list.php

4. If you are hiring someone, use our forum for hiring viewforum.php?f=99

Artists recommendation before accepting commission, check for poster reputation. If they don't seem active, new account etc, You should do the following:

1. NEVER do free spec work without payment first...not even simple "test" sketches.
2. ALWAYS have a clear and detail mutual agreement
3. ALWAYS ask for half payment upfront before you do any work at all
4. NEVER send final artwork until you have received final payment
5. Check #blacklist for information on scam related activity in our artist Discord viewtopic.php?f=99&t=55569

What Tablet?

Postby WankersCramp » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:12 am

So I am getting a new tablet. In your opinion, should I get a Cintiq 13HD Interactive Pen Display? Or a Wacom Intuos Pro Paper - Large?
"You may fascinate a woman by giving her a piece of cheese."
WankersCramp
Somewhat familiar

Re: What Tablet?

Postby delete8234b » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:15 am

Both are amazing products. However, I say you should get the Cintiq 13HD, as it's smaller and it'll be easier to take with you, if you need to take it places!
delete8234b
Somewhat familiar

Postby AlluringPredation » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:07 pm

Discord for artists and those who commission them! https://discord.com/invite/F3UDqqAx53
AlluringPredation
Participator

Postby Eka » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:14 pm

AlluringPredation wrote:No. Bigger and cheaper is better! https://www.amazon.com/Artist15-6-Drawi ... B077PCCC7R

I am quite a big fan of the XP-Pen too. One of the best Cintiq Alternative. I think before people committing nearly a thousand for Cintiq 13HD they should at least try these. At least on Amazon you can still return them if you don't like them.
Eka
Administrator

Postby nyte » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:06 pm

Honestly, I use the iPad Pro + Apple Pencil and it’s sooooo smooth and light, with crazy resolution and a 10 hour battery life. Never going back to a Wacom.
nyte
Somewhat familiar

Postby exiledtiger » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:20 am

I spent a while deciding between XP Pen or Ugee. Both pretty comparable, and very much more affordable than Wacom.
I've used the old Wacom Bamboo, then Intuos Pro, and now I have the Ugee pen display, and absolutely love it. Great color, good size, responsive, affordable, and mostly plug-n-play.

http://a.co/gmp8ndi

Definitely give these options a look, if you want to have the interactive display aspect of a tablet.
exiledtiger
Somewhat familiar

Postby momonari » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:49 pm

My 5 cents in this are: The cintiq is AMAZING, but If you don't have enough space for having it out and connected all the time it's a little bit of a drag to connect it everywhere (power, PC USB and PC HDMI) every time. I usually end up using one of my other simpler tablets because of this reason.
momonari
Participator

Postby AlluringPredation » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:48 pm

Eka wrote:I am quite a big fan of the XP-Pen too. One of the best Cintiq Alternative.

I only heard about it from fellow artists, and they been swearing by it, and no hateful comments about horrible drivers like the monoprice line. Apple pen + Ipadpro has been getting a hell of a lot of praise as well being that you can use full ClipStudioPaint on it now. I'm still using my SurfacePro3 which has been nice and only mildly glitchy over the years.
Discord for artists and those who commission them! https://discord.com/invite/F3UDqqAx53
AlluringPredation
Participator

Postby Newtonne » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:16 am

I'm currently using a Wacom Bamboo which is a crappy little tablet with only 1024 levels of pressure on the pen. It was originally designed for just writing. I want to finally upgrade to a graphic tablet with a display.

I'm thinking of getting the Huion GT-190 (https://www.amazon.ca/GT-190-Graphics-P ... hic+tablet)
^That's Canadian dollars btw

It has 2048 levels of pressure and it's 19 inches. I'm really close to buying it but I want to see if anyone here can convince me otherwise. I want a quality tablet, but I don't want to go overboard with pricing. I'm the type of dude who always buys AMD over Intel lmao. I like budget quality while being an enthusiast at the same time. Is this tablet a good buy?
Everything I say is fantasy. Feel free to pm me about vore and stuff. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=53047
Newtonne
Somewhat familiar

Postby night22 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:50 am

AlluringPredation wrote:No. Bigger and cheaper is better! https://www.amazon.com/Artist15-6-Drawi ... B077PCCC7R

Holy shit, that thing is the size of my screen.

@ OP
I'm shopping for a new tablet myself, and personally I'd want something with a screen on it instead of having to draw on a tablet while looking elsewhere. If you're dead set on those 2, my vote is going towards the Cintiq.

Since we're talking about tablets and all, I've been eyeballing these two as well. The Huion is ginormous and while I want a lot of working room, it's miles bigger than my wacom bamboo so I might be biting off mroe than I can chew. The parblo is closer to what I'm used to working with and cheaper too, but I don't want to end up shelling out $200 for something and then ending up wanting to upgrade to a bigger machine relatively soon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CTVHHHG/?coliid=IDW2VNOJ97W88&colid=6GWH8RR8LEFM&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FM2UEHY/?coliid=I1AIBX4MJ3Z4O6&colid=6GWH8RR8LEFM&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
night22
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby 2inchlich » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:09 pm

I use an XP-Pen and almost like it more than wacom just because it does all the same things and it's cheaper. I have a fairly large one (without a screen though) and it's honestly been the best tablet I've had so far.
2inchlich
Been posting for a bit

Postby Datonenumbnuts » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:39 pm

Ive used the Cintiq 13HD. I do like it a lot and it works well for me, but due to the brand its rather expensive. (some even call wacom the apple of art tools) If you have the money, I would say go for it. Or maybe you can find a cheap used one online.
Datonenumbnuts
Been posting for a bit

Postby beansoup » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:00 pm

Would need to know more about your use case to say one way or the other. Screen-tablets like the cintiq and peripherals like the Intuos can both be great or awful depending on what you're doing with them. Eg. I would be horribly inconvenienced by a cintiq, but if you're doing a lot of lining or other draftwork and have a nice workstation PC then it could be wonderful- for you.

I will say to beware the later Intuos models though. They aren't what they used to be in the 00s, materials are cheaper and Wacom likes to play musical chairs with their product branding, I still swear by the Intuos3 line personally. But again it depends, if you don't have enough desk space that'll suck too.
beansoup
New to the forum

Postby exiledtiger » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:42 pm

momonari wrote:My 5 cents in this are: The cintiq is AMAZING, but If you don't have enough space for having it out and connected all the time it's a little bit of a drag to connect it everywhere (power, PC USB and PC HDMI) every time. I usually end up using one of my other simpler tablets because of this reason.

Thats fair. If it had to be moved a lot, it would be much less fun. I'm lucky in that regard in having a workshop room, with a secondary workstation setup just for arts, and/or whenever I need a computer when I'm working in that room.
exiledtiger
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dekkard2 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:05 pm

I've been using a Wacom Bamboo on and off (don't use it much since I'm terrible at drawing on a tablet). That XP-Pen looks pretty amazing, though it's way out of my price range.
I am open for commissions
https://aryion.com/g4/userpage.commissi ... d=Dekkard2
PM me if you're interested and we can work something out
Dekkard2
---

Postby pianzhi » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:20 pm

I'm using Inkscape , with a 27" iMac and a XP-PEN Deco 03 Graphic art Tablet .

Here's some really cool stuff if you're rich. Especially the Artist Line Pen Display products.
pianzhi
New to the forum

Postby fixated1 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:54 pm

I've been using cintiq tablet pc's for a few generations, and I have to say, I don't think I get my money's worth. If I had to do it again I'd probably get one of the other brands people seem to like. The price is so much lower and the competition seems like it has really caught up. I also had to send in my tablet for repairs after 2 years. My other one failed after 2 years as well. But apparently the mobile tablet line up from wacom is a lot less reliable. For the money I paid I shouldn't have had the issues I did.

That said, it also seems to be that wacom is the best. It's just that it's still not worth the very hefty price tag.
fixated1
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby nutritious » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:27 am

nyte wrote:Honestly, I use the iPad Pro + Apple Pencil and it’s sooooo smooth and light, with crazy resolution and a 10 hour battery life. Never going back to a Wacom.

I just recently started working with an iPad and I am really satisfied. There are quite a few things that I appreciate while drawing and I used an X-Pen Artist Pro before and I really enjoyed the difference working directly on a screen instead of drawing on a tablet but after a while I noticed that the drawing experience is totally depending on the performance of the PC.
It is really nerve-wrecking when your lines are in detail also not quite the way they should due to the PC drawing some extra RAM for something else - If you do a lot of other things on your PC, like I do, there will be a certain effect on the drawing experience and overall fun and I doubt that this is different with other types of drawing screens because they also depend on the machines performance. The other thing is, that I find the bigger canvas on the XPen a bit intimidating or not as inviting as a smaller sheet of paper. Also, ever so often I need to calibrate the screen to the pen due to some offset from pen to canvas.

Since I am not really a big mac user, I use my iPad basically just for drawing and am very close to the casual doodling on real paper (in smaller scales like DIN A4) since the stylus is also very handy and lean. Also, the ability to turn the canvas with hand gestures is really intuitive. I noticed I like to draw much more on that smaller iPad canvas since it does not need a big setup and can be used wherever you like. Because my drawing habit heavily depends on my mood I and appeal to keeping things simple, I strongly recommend for people who do like casual drawing this separation: Let the PC be just for your other stuff like gaming or writing and use another device that works physically separate for your drawing experience. It may be not so important for some people but those, Id say psychological differences: Smaller canvas, a good stylus (and much closer to a real pen instead of that thick headed thing you have to use with XPen or Wacom) and being able to use hand gestures while watching something else on your PC or using it in different places keeps me in the zone.
nutritious
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dekkard2 » Tue May 04, 2021 8:22 am

Just got a Wacom One recently and it's pretty boss
https://aryion.com/g4/view/687955
https://aryion.com/g4/view/688077
I am open for commissions
https://aryion.com/g4/userpage.commissi ... d=Dekkard2
PM me if you're interested and we can work something out
Dekkard2
---

Postby sharktorok » Tue May 04, 2021 10:11 pm

IPad advocate over here.

Procreate is an awesome and versatile drawing tool; would be cool to learn about others.

BUT. If you must go with a Wacom/Cintiq, I've gotten a lot of use out of my 13HD. Obviously, the larger the better with more room for your arm to maneuver.
sharktorok
Somewhat familiar

Return to Artists Valley