Can a vore fetisch disappear?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Can a vore fetisch disappear?

Postby Litenosöt » Wed May 16, 2018 9:02 am

Does anyone know if a vore fetisch can disappear with time? And how likely is that? I ask because I don't ever want to lose vore and hope to live with it for the rest of my life. So I hope someone has a fact-based answer. But I'm also interested in hearing your thoughts on the topic.
Litenosöt
Somewhat familiar

Re: Can a vore fetisch disappear?

Postby xIso » Wed May 16, 2018 9:22 am

It's completely possible for someone to simply lose interest in a fetish.
That being said, it's unlikely that a liking for one particular sexual act to vanish from your mind entirely.
xIso
Been posting for a bit

Postby fieldmousse » Wed May 16, 2018 9:51 am

Like xlso said, it's unlikely that a fetish will just fade away naturally, especially if you are actively "stimulating" that fetish

That being said, sexual reconditioning is a thing they do in prisons with some sexual offenders (think a clockwork orange lol). There are also people who lose interest in sex due to traumatic experiences, I suspect that the same would be possible with a fetish. Eg. Someone who almost died from being eaten alive may not like to think about vore anymore. Fetishes evolve over time, that's why we have so many different types of vore, it could be possible for a vore fetish to grow into something else as you tire of the same old things. All being said, if you don't want to lose a fetish then you won't and it doesn't need to be worried about.
fieldmousse
Participator

Postby Carnum » Wed May 16, 2018 12:22 pm

God I hope so.
Carnum
New to the forum

Postby ArcaneSigil » Wed May 16, 2018 12:49 pm

It's completely possible for interests to fade. Take me for example. When YuGiOh was a thing, I was HUGELY into it. I've got over 2000 cards that I'm actually planning on trading in for cash. However, in it's place is MTG. I collect Magic the Gathering cards now.
Just a wolf lookin' for some fun. I like all sorts. Just... don't eat me.
ArcaneSigil
---

Postby KnightleyPaine » Wed May 16, 2018 1:07 pm

Fetishes tend hard to deliberately acquire or lose. They can be nurtured, but are usually discovered. Or ignored, but usually fade or dull out.

It is possible, just not on your terms.
KnightleyPaine
Participator

Postby Litenosöt » Thu May 17, 2018 3:35 am

fieldmousse wrote:Like xlso said, it's unlikely that a fetish will just fade away naturally, especially if you are actively "stimulating" that fetish

That being said, sexual reconditioning is a thing they do in prisons with some sexual offenders (think a clockwork orange lol). There are also people who lose interest in sex due to traumatic experiences, I suspect that the same would be possible with a fetish. Eg. Someone who almost died from being eaten alive may not like to think about vore anymore. Fetishes evolve over time, that's why we have so many different types of vore, it could be possible for a vore fetish to grow into something else as you tire of the same old things. All being said, if you don't want to lose a fetish then you won't and it doesn't need to be worried about.

You are probably right. It should be nothing to worry about. Thanks for you answer.
Litenosöt
Somewhat familiar

Postby Litenosöt » Thu May 17, 2018 3:39 am

CrimsonFangX666 wrote:It's completely possible for interests to fade. Take me for example. When YuGiOh was a thing, I was HUGELY into it. I've got over 2000 cards that I'm actually planning on trading in for cash. However, in it's place is MTG. I collect Magic the Gathering cards now.

I don't think you can compare a non-sexual interest in for example cards with a fetish that way.
Litenosöt
Somewhat familiar

Postby Litenosöt » Thu May 17, 2018 3:52 am

KnightleyPaine wrote:Fetishes tend hard to deliberately acquire or lose. They can be nurtured, but are usually discovered. Or ignored, but usually fade or dull out.

It is possible, just not on your terms.

Why do you think that fetishes usually fade or dull out?
Litenosöt
Somewhat familiar

Postby MementoMori » Thu May 17, 2018 4:43 am

In my opinion, after once having tried to (believe it or not) get myself off of vore for a few years a long time ago while I was a teen, I don't personally think that it's possible to entirely lose the fetish. I was also a vegetarian for 8 years and there was times this helped but harmed my perspective on this fetish, basically it went through a very rocky period during those times. However, again, no matter what, I always retained it at least to some degree or another. In my opinion from my experiences, I noticed it will be stronger some times than others, similar to any other interest you might have, though unlike those, you won't ever lose its desire entirely even if at the time it's going through a little weaker period for you. So basically, your interest and arousal from it can have its ups and downs, but I don't think it can disappear entirely on its own. That's my 2 cents on the issue, so if you're worried about losing it on your own, I wouldn't be too scared about it :)
[ ʟɪᴠᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ]
MementoMori
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Jayezox » Thu May 17, 2018 7:01 am

Litenosöt wrote:
CrimsonFangX666 wrote:It's completely possible for interests to fade. Take me for example. When YuGiOh was a thing, I was HUGELY into it. I've got over 2000 cards that I'm actually planning on trading in for cash. However, in it's place is MTG. I collect Magic the Gathering cards now.

I don't think you can compare a non-sexual interest in for example cards with a fetish that way.

There are a variety of factors at play in losing interest in a TCG. I lost interest in MtG because of the lack of people to play with. However, constantly rotating sets and the like can also factor in.

That said, similar things can also influence these ups and downs in a fetish that everyone has discussed so far and I think are right. Major vore drought or downpours of things that fit my interests definitely influence me kind of like how I might enjoy a certain playstyle that's viable in a competitive game that gets me hooked. Also, other people involved can help influence me to be more active in vore or other things. I used to write interactive chapters back and forth with another user on here, but now he's inactive and that slowed down my creativity. Now I found a RP partner to bring that back up again. Similarly, I totally lost interest in League of Legends after some people I used to play with stopped playing (albeit that's not the only reason). Now I play Fortnite since I have friends to play with despite royally sucking at it and shooters being far from my favorite genre.

Fetishes and hobbies definitely parallel each other. It's just that fetishes are more rigid and there to stay and hobbies are not. Now that I have a good idea of what caused my fetish, I no longer put it on the pedestal I once used to (thankfully not for long). In fact, I hate how my vore fetish came to be so I should be totally done with it, but I know I can't get rid of it and also know that the fetish is not the problem. If someone hates his own personal vore story and is still attracted to it, then I think you have nothing to worry about.
Jayezox
---

Postby Spilch » Thu May 17, 2018 5:07 pm

I don't know if it's possible. But I highly doubt it will disappear if you keep getting off to it. The positive reinforcement of getting off to the fantasy, I think, makes it stick. It's classical conditioning.

The fetish may evolve, as mine has. When I (100% prey) was younger I was more into non-fatal endosoma stuff. Nowadays, it's not as exciting for me if you take out the digestion. Soul vore, probably my all-time favorite type of vore, I've liked all my life.

But I'm actually in a different camp. If I had a choice, or if I knew how, I'd rather not have the vore fetish. The problem I have is vanilla sex without any sort of vore undertones is completely boring, and I feel that's made it harder to have a normal sex life. I have absolutely no desire to pursue normal sex. I'm not ashamed of the fetish, and my life is otherwise pretty fucking awesome, but I'm at a point in my life where I feel like I've been missing out on something everyone else seems to be enjoying, and it kinda sucks.

So IF there's a way to lose this fetish, I'd like to know it! :wink:
Spilch
Participator

Postby Kurczak48 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:13 pm

Few informations:
1. 'Ever' is too strong word. Anything can dissapear after longer or shorter time.
2. As far as I know, fetishes aren't 'new'. It's internet which made such interests visible to larger community.
3. Vore is actually one of the 'stronger' fetishes in the unrealistic category. Why is that? Because eating was treated as erotic all the time, you may find examples even in old literature. And vore is simply one step forward from that.

Personally, I think that it won't dissapear as long as there are living beings. In the worst case it might become discrete or very niche fetish. But as it orbits around sexual/erotic activities, it's very unlikely that it would fade away. Even better, it might get much more popular when virtual technology goes forward, so activities like that will be doable with much more realistic feeling. :gulp:
Kurczak48
Been posting for a bit

Postby pendingdele02h206hg2 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:52 pm

I don't think it goes away... it's something you like sexually... I've just about had it my whole life, I didn't understand what it was until about the age of 18... the internet was dial up still lol so this site I believe wasn't around.. as for the fetish. It comes and goes like most things people are interest in.
pendingdele02h206hg2
Been posting for a bit

Postby BabyPyro » Fri May 18, 2018 4:31 pm

Simple, just watch surgery in real life and it should go away; well unless your into gore.
BabyPyro
Somewhat familiar

Postby bella747 » Sat May 19, 2018 11:48 pm

Age could make vore fetish fade on some people. Im 50 yrs old, probably lost interest in RP but vore still alive tho.
bella747
Somewhat familiar

Return to General Vore Discussion