Why do some people like vore

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Why do some people like vore

Postby 157and493 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:23 am

What is the reason people like vore? I like it for sexual reasons since it turns me on, and I thought I was in the majority there, but apparently a lot of people who like vore do not see it in a sexual way.

There are two reasons I see vore as something sexual. The first is because eating is one of the most basic pleasures in the world, so being eaten by someone would give them pleasure. The second is because of how close the two (or more) participants get to each other, you cannot really get any closer to someone than being inside of them completely.

So I do not mean to seem rude, but if someone does not like vore for sexual reasons, why else might they like it? Any ideas?
157and493
Participator

Re: Why do some people like vore

Postby ArcaneSigil » Tue May 15, 2018 6:47 am

I personally like it because of how different and "not normal" it is. I've said time and time again that I'm an avid believer in the Chaos theory, and Chaos is anything if not "NOT Normal". I've heard people say that there must be some wiring in the human brain that went wrong to make us like vore. Some see it as highly sexual and that's the "only reason they need". Others enjoy the art style. I'm sort of on the fence between the two. There are works that are incredibly sexy and there are those that are just amazingly well done. At the same time, there are those that are both. Sexy as hell and Picasso-esque. At least to me.
Just a wolf lookin' for some fun. I like all sorts. Just... don't eat me.
ArcaneSigil
---

Postby Fairin » Tue May 15, 2018 8:05 am

its my rest stop between endosomaphila world. =)
Fairin
Somewhat familiar

Postby coop500 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:51 am

For me, it's not so different from those that like it sexual, I just don't take it to sexual levels/see it as a sexual act when I write it.

I adore it for the closeness, the protection and security, the predator is hiding the prey from the world where only he knows where she is, nestled safely in his belly. I prefer for the preds to be pretty powerful, immortal even, so the prey is protected by layers of indestructible flesh, skin and such. I've also always loved the idea of taking things generally seen as evil/scary and making it out to be a fluffy thing, being eaten is a pretty scary thing that never ends well in the real world, but in fantasy it can be made into a pretty sweet, gentle thing.

I also find it to be the good, gentle ending to any sort of 'stranger danger' situation, getting gently nommed is much better than the alternative. I pretty much only like vore in worlds where vore is not common knowledge, in fact I prefer it when the predator is pretty much the only one, which gives the prey that surprise and confusion, but content once she realizes it's safe inside and just how warm and snugly it is~ Meanwhile the predator gets a nice full tummy and someone to talk to, alongside a warm fuzzy feeling of protecting a small, frail, delicate little thing.

For me that's the perfect ending, the predator and prey both get something out of it and it just fills me with a sense of joy and adoration, nothing sexual, it just makes me happy.

BTW you probably are in the vast majority OP.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby Wolfsage » Tue May 15, 2018 9:13 am

In my case, it's actually hard to explain because I don't really like sex. I find it highly disgusting so it's not even a sexual orientation for me. Yet at the same time, my body reacts the same as anyone elses when it gets "sexually excited" only it's vore, not sex, that gives it that reaction. It's wierd I know.
That might be why my personal vore fetish is a lot more "cartoonish" in that things such as sex, and similar disgusting things, aren't present at all and won't be brought up or even mentioned. Even if people acts like they are sexually attracted to someone, they don't actually get that reaction at all.
I'm doing my best to explain, but it is hard. My unique fetish is the type that's hard to understand if you don't have it yourself.
Last edited by Wolfsage on Tue May 15, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Sage Wolf of the forest.
Wolfsage
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby fieldmousse » Tue May 15, 2018 10:23 am

CrimsonFangX666 wrote:I personally like it because of how different and "not normal" it is.

I like this reason and dont hear it discussed enough. I like being the host of an uncommon social practice and it can feel like the rules of vore are less set in stone than normal things. Because of how different it is, vore can also serve as an escape from normal sexuality
fieldmousse
Participator

Postby gullvy » Tue May 15, 2018 12:14 pm

The dominating aspect is probably what does it for me.

Now, as to why I'm into vore, and not some other weird fetish that also has a dominating aspect? I have no idea.

When I first saw some vore stuff, I was disgusted by it, but now, I really like it.
gullvy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Artemis » Tue May 15, 2018 1:41 pm

I feel like there's a difference between "Not seeing vore as sexual" and "not getting sexual pleasure out of vore" that is being overlooked here and maybe confused for one another. The former is kinda a fact. If I theoretically had a foot fetish, would feet be sexual? Some people might decide they want to cover up their ankles if they're friends with someone who has a foot fetish. Not because their friend is being a creep or anything but just because they don't like the idea of them enjoying the sight. That's slightly neurotic if you ask me, but y'know. Not everyone's personal feelings have to be based on objective facts. So you do kinda have to co-exist and get along with those types.

Plus sometimes people get eaten by genitalia or someone starts getting off in-character or describing details in a smutty fashion and then it does kinda become inherently sexual.

But as for the people who don't get sexual pleasure out of it, those are actually a minority within the greater vore community. Basically, all you need to understand about them is that people getting eaten is cool. It's a cool trope all on its own without any sexual details or smutty writing, and anyone who disagrees is a tasteless gullet.

Pun intended.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ZeeTheHellion » Tue May 15, 2018 5:19 pm

Maws and mawshots get me thrilled, but also the big bellies that come from similarly sized prey. And, vore roleplays of course...
Might not want to eat me, I taste bad. Ehehe...
ZeeTheHellion
Been posting for a bit

Postby minakotomoka14 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:46 pm

I can't say exactly, really. There's a lot of different reasons why I like vore. I'm almost exclusively into vore with male giants, so I'm fascinated with the concept of being toyed with and devoured by such a huge, powerful being. The fear factor plays into it quite a bit, like how people enjoy rollercoasters or horror movies because they like the thrill of fear, and so is a similar case here. But I also like the gentle, more protective aspects of surrendering control and being taken care of and loved by such a massive creature. The feeling that no one can hurt you, no matter what, as long as you're with them, and in that case, being swallowed is the ultimate form of protection, because if you're inside them, no one can get to you. It's the sheer difference in power between the predator and the prey that intrigues me the most, whether the encounter is cruel or gentle.
Prey-leaning switch gal and writer with a passion for M/F vore and a love for being devoured by giant men of all kinds.
minakotomoka14
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby currant » Wed May 16, 2018 4:10 pm

The reason for me is different from any I've ever seen... I actually do enjoy a wide range of vore types, and I fantasize about it myself. But in those fantasies, no matter if willing/unwilling, fatal/non-fatal, determined/unknown outcome etc., I always have this one point where I (as prey) relax, but not in the sense "I can't do anything anyway", instead more like "I will now let fate make the decision of what will happen to me, and I trust that it will be a good one". I think that it's mostly this scene why I enjoy vore. I probably went a bit too much into detail, but that's how it is.
currant
Been posting for a bit

Postby MechaSharkZilla » Thu May 17, 2018 1:41 am

I can't exactly say the physical squishy bits and sensuality isn't a major reason for me liking it, but for me it's more of a... bond. Vore is the closest thing to multiple people becoming one as you can get before, well, they literally are one. And that's... Comforting to me. Just the sheer joy of being so close to someone you know and love, knowing that they love you just as much as you love them in return... It's beautiful to me. I'm sort of a fringe case in that regard, and I still do enjoy works that are a lot less loving and personal by comparison, but that's the ideal of vore that I always gravitate to. Being a romantic sucks in this fetish. :lol: Not entirely sure why I like cannibalism of corpses and gore though, all I can guess is that it's because of it being a counterpoint to the romantic parts.

But also, I still can't disconnect vore from the sexy bits. That's hardwired into me, so I can't exactly say I understand how people who don't find any sexual feelings from it feel. I sort-of wish I could, just out of curiosity.
MechaSharkZilla
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jayezox » Thu May 17, 2018 7:42 am

I let vore be my touchy feely outlet. Vore makes that aspect more interesting since how can someone being swallowed alive not be interesting? It also spices up adventure by letting bigger creatures do more stuff and the like even though vore isn't my only outlet for that. Overall, vore makes things more interesting aside from it being a fetish and being a fetish explains itself.
Jayezox
---

Postby N-Mario » Thu May 17, 2018 1:49 pm

Most likely its just either being held in the mouth, or the big bellies the predators get when they swallow similar size prey whole. Though mostly that the predators just want wanna hug and carry their prey with them in their belly, and/or to protect them from other predators that sometimes does it for me. :-D :D
I'm a dolphin that prefers devouring my best buddy.
He loves to be eaten by me. I don't mind that at all.
N-Mario
---

Postby Scrumptious » Fri May 18, 2018 1:57 pm

For me it is certainly a fetish, as in "a sexual fixation" with something that is not, itself sexual. What I mean is that I find vore sexually arousing - more so than the prospect of actual sex, be that genital or oral.

I can remember thinking so as far back as I can pretty much remember - even before I knew what sexual arousal was. (As in: I found it fascinating in ways I later discovered were sexual.)

It's also the ultimate part of a 'fetish system' for me, for which the core idea is about surrendering to another. When I was young (<10), it seems like I had that notion for both boys and girls (of my age or older), though the desire to surrender to boys went away, and as I've become older I've also become more open to surrendering to women who are younger than me (since that covers an ever-larger group of people, while those who are older become fewer and fewer, and - generally, not always, less attractive). Another part of that surrendering idea goes to a foot fetish.
Scrumptious
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to General Vore Discussion