need help with sprites

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

need help with sprites

Postby crosswarrior24 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:57 am

i'm having a bit of trouble trying to get sprites for Shantae Vore characters, these two:
https://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_co ... eet/86004/
https://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_co ... eet/86007/
the problem is that they are one big sheet and whenever i zoom out the i can't find the image anymore, that and i'm having trouble with putting the animations in order, since i have never used an sprite sheet before, could somebody help me by converting these sprite frames into an .sff file and putting them in order, i can edit the sprites for an vore animation myself, i only need help with ordering the sprites and frames
crosswarrior24
Been posting for a bit

Re: need help with sprites

Postby Pilum » Thu May 17, 2018 5:26 pm

It's probably best to get into the mindset of troubleshooting or learning new things if you're going to do work with Mugen. While Mugen's very easy to learn by most standards, a lot of the work can be tedious or confusing, and it's best to be able to learn how things work if you plan on making edits. It's not likely that you'll find someone who's willing to cut up a sprite sheet and compile it for you, I'm afraid.

I'm unsure how you'd be having trouble viewing those images. It's long, boring work, but it is easy to slice those spritesheets. You could use MS Paint or any other image editor and cut out each frame individually and save as their own file, then upload them in order in Fighter Factory. There's other programs you can find online that could automatically cut out the frames from that sprite sheet, but I'm unsure where to point you, as I haven't used them myself yet. They may also have trouble given that those sheets don't align sprites to a single grid.

I'm very willing to help once it gets down to the nitty gritty of programming the vore grab itself, but I'm sorry, I don't personally plan on compiling a .sff for you. It's not likely that others would be willing, either.
Pilum
Participator

Postby crosswarrior24 » Fri May 18, 2018 12:09 am

also, i found another "weird" problem, whenever i try to copy a single frame into an sprite for the .sff file, it won't copy and paste it, and if i try to edit them more then once, Fighter Factory crashes
crosswarrior24
Been posting for a bit

Postby Pilum » Fri May 18, 2018 2:51 pm

If you're not using Fighter Factory 3, I'd recommend it. It's very easy to import sprites and edit animations with that program.
Pilum
Participator

Postby crosswarrior24 » Sat May 19, 2018 12:11 am

Pilum wrote:If you're not using Fighter Factory 3, I'd recommend it. It's very easy to import sprites and edit animations with that program.

i am, but that's where i have the problem with
crosswarrior24
Been posting for a bit

Return to Vore game