Best Way to set up a Vore System in MV.

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Best Way to set up a Vore System in MV.

Postby VerduxXudrev » Tue May 15, 2018 5:55 am

Don't know if this is the the best place for this but, 'ere goes.

Hello, I'm an aspiring vore game creator(as if there aren't enough of those :roll: ) using RPG Maker MV(oh, boy :roll: ) that I brought on sale(just keeps getting better :roll: ) and I would like to know the best way of implement a Voraphilic system in MV. I have an idea on how I want to try and make this engine squeak like a pig and do what I want. And yes, it WILL be a pred and prey protagonist.

Basically, I want to do a in-battle system where the predator eats the prey and both of them can not attack. The prey can only struggle to escape and the predator may only wait or rub their stomach to aid digestion. Digestion will simply be a negative hp regen state, mileage will vary on the pred. Thanks to a certain fluffball and his plugin, the predator's ally(ies) may jump up a row or two to protect the predator from the prey's friend(s). If the predator fully breaks down to prey, they can resume battle and even consume another foe at your will, though I may have to have a cooldown. Health and mana with be restored but TP will not be gained until the prey is dead. The predator's friends may "aid" in digestion by rubbing their gut for them(for them, I just thought about a critical belly rub and how funny that sounds), thought it would optimal to just cover them. The prey's allies, however, may fight off all the pred's friends and if they are successful and the pred's hp is low enough, one may execute the pred and freed their comrade. They can just do this in general if they can hit the pred(really need to put them in the back line). For the player, if all the enemies are down, you still need to digest whoever or whatever is in you before the battle success screen can roll(maybe, I'll add sex scenes for this so that the player isn't "rubbing" to victory).

It's possible to add in a capacity feature and a feature where the protagonist later on may still fight on a full stomach, but I'll worry about that later. I need to focus on an actual system first.

I will probably want to make sprite vore and draw up some CG. It's will be a lot of work but, I know what I signed up for.

Even if you don't have an exact idea of what I and future game makers could do, I really want this thread to (one: actually be noticed) and two: be a theorycrafting discussion on what our findings are. If need be, owners of MV can just experiment and report findings. I'll also be doing the same.

Now disclaimer: Take me making this game with a bit a salt as we've quite projects that have not come to fruition. Even our brain child, Vore Night, who boasted the same things, has succumb to "Dev vanishing off the face of this Earth" syndrome(not to bad mouth it but that is what occurred). I could one day forget about this game(thought it's on my cloud) and never finish it. I know how this sounds, but I need to shed a bit of realism, especially after the block of ambition above. If and when I release it, it's going to be a bit far in. Like an hour or so, to show proof of concept and, in case my disappearance, there is something to play. Also, while it will have vore, there will sex and other things in it. In particular, I have an Elf Dancer who prizes her trotters a little to much. Sadly(not for me), not Scat or Watersports, but I can hopefully makeup for this with Male preds :gulp: . Yes, you read that right.

Also, as I have actually aspirations to make games that are SFW for lack of a better term, I will be actually want to make a RPG with this with good gameplay. It's like Lust Doll; super smutty but an actual game that is playable and balanced. Think of this as a test for me, to make a game that not only good, but is super smutty(Yeah, remember that pinch of realism? I may need it right now ^^; ).

Anyways, If you have a good idea on how I make my dream come true, let me know. If I came off as needy, my humblest apologies. Thank you and don't worry, all else fails, I can write stories.

~VerduxXudrev
VerduxXudrev
New to the forum

Re: Best Way to set up a Vore System in MV.

Postby xmarkx » Tue May 15, 2018 10:16 am

Male preds?

Now I'm interested
xmarkx
Somewhat familiar

Postby novaxxl200 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:24 am

What a coincidence, I am too making a vore game in MV with a battle system (it's different though).

As for the idea, it's not bad though I prefer fem preds :gulp: . Best of luck to you :wink: .
novaxxl200
New to the forum

Postby VerduxXudrev » Wed May 16, 2018 2:59 am

xmarkx wrote:Male preds?

Now I'm interested

Yeah, I find the lack of male pred vore disturbing, especially in games(and even more with "Feminist"(and I use that term loosely) predators >.> , guess it's not my cup of tea). Sure, most of us are dudes and it's easier to make girls hot rather than males, but I do think that there needs to be more male preds. And, instead of asking and begging game makers to include that content(like a child), it's better to make my own. If I want it, I got to make it. Most will be bosses, but there will be a few playable and a few scenes. Especially Cock Vore, which ties with Unbirth as my favorite type(not sure why I like genitals so much but, eh why not)?

novaxxl200 wrote:What a coincidence, I am too making a vore game in MV with a battle system (it's different though).

As for the idea, it's not bad though I prefer fem preds :gulp: . Best of luck to you :wink: .

Nice! Best of luck to you.

So what I thinking make the vore work in battle is having two states; one to make the prey disappear and become untargetable but unable to attack bleed out and another to make the pred unable to attack and only "Rub Belly"(From the Voracity command, that sound like a good name?), decrease their defensive stats by 15%, and maybe play an animation with a big belly. Making the prey untargetable will make it so the enemy can't still attack that target and so they are not visible and the allies can't heal them and being unable to attack will, well, avoid the prey from killing everyone else from inside(especially mages). The Devoured state will cleanse most other states, mainly to get rid of:
Taunt: May glitch out and cause the player not to be able to target anyone
Stat-Up: Might mess with the struggling and digestion mechanic
and Counter: I don't want to know what could possibly happen with this so not going to find out.

Maybe as a player-exclusive move you can cut yourself out of Non-Boss characters.

What you guys think?
VerduxXudrev
New to the forum

Postby mysta » Wed May 16, 2018 3:27 am

VerduxXudrev wrote:[u]Basically, I want to do a in-battle system where the predator eats the prey and both of them can not attack.

From what you've said It's possible you've already experimented with making this happen. If not, I've actually got a similar system present in my game where both pred and prey's movesets change when the pred grabs the player in order to try to consume them. So it's totally possible.
However, they way I did it (by using attacks that trigger common events that change character skills) isn't capable of discerning between multiple targets, so you'd have to figure that one out. :lol:
But yeah, making a separate 'struggling' or 'digesting' class with a moveset, or just manually adding/removing skills can make this work. As for the non-player predator, I used a higher priority 'attempt to consume' move that was only available when common event was active.

Anyway, that's just how I got things to work, I'm sure there are many possible ways. I would suggest (as mentioned above) that an attack sets a target + pred with a status effect, and a common event triggers any in those states to change to their 'ingested' or 'digesting' forms. I'm sure it's possible to set a 'rub' move to only target players with prey, though it would probably be easier to target the prey in this case.
In-battle systems are always the hardest to get working, though if you're planning on having a battle heavy game, they'd be invaluable. Once you've got the mechanics down for one fight, it shouldn't be too hard to recreate though!

Good luck!

Mysta
Support me on Patreon for early access, polls and other bonus content! https://www.patreon.com/Mysta
mysta
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby VerduxXudrev » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:30 am

Err.. a bit embarrassing ^^; . Um...does anyone happen to know how to change the opacity with a state? That's literally all I need to know.

Does anyone know how to do this? Remember, It's in battle.

Also, enemy vore is, well, broken. Player vore is fine, enemy get the "Devoured" state and player the "Full" state. But with the enemy, well:

Other than this, it's going well.
VerduxXudrev
New to the forum

Postby RC8015 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:11 pm

Changing the ocupacity with an event? Easy. Simply create a common event which changes the ocupacity of the actor, and then add this common event to the state. This way the common event runs once the actor gets affected by the state. (while thinking...not sure if I had a plugin for that..been a while that I used MV due to some problems)
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ian66613 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:49 pm

There are also not enough predators that heal you rather than doing damage to you once they've put you in their body somewhere. I'm not into being pred myself, so I probably won't play the game if that's its main focus, I just thought I should give an idea.
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch (10cm) fairy boy.)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
ian66613
---

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:42 pm

Such a script would come in handy for other vore games too(especially if it can't be done satisfactorily enough in VX Ace.).
Turbotowns
???

Postby VerduxXudrev » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:47 am

Turbotowns wrote:Such a script would come in handy for other vore games too(especially if it can't be done satisfactorily enough in VX Ace.).

I'll be honest. At this point, I'm tempted make my own plugin. I was going to Victor's Unreachable Target, but it's not compatible with Yanfly and his produce errors that I have not seen with Yanfly(and some of his stuff is wicked). And I don't see the Sneeze plugin link working, and the cannibalism :gulp: plugin is not for MV yet. I mean, what choice do I have? So, I guess, I'll be learning Javascript. I mean, I kind of wanted to do this anyway, so it's not so bad. but I though the base engine would be capable with some plugins. I just hope I'm making promises that I can keep :( .

ian66613 wrote:There are also not enough predators that heal you rather than doing damage to you once they've put you in their body somewhere. I'm not into being pred myself, so I probably won't play the game if that's its main focus, I just thought I should give an idea.

I considered this with the Priestess, but I just need to make this system first. Believe me, I plan on having more types of vore and vore and unbirth for healing, but I need to get oral damaging vore out of the way and complete the whole system. As for player pred focus, it's definitely the main attraction as it is not often done in games made here, but enemies can the same thing to you, and there will be voyeur scenes and you can just feed bosses to your party members. You can just kill your enemies if you want. But, I'm not trying to convince you, and well, this could very well falter. It's fine if you skip this game, if it ever gets released.

RC8015 wrote:Changing the opacity with an event? Easy. Simply create a common event which changes the opacity of the actor, and then add this common event to the state. This way the common event runs once the actor gets affected by the state. (while thinking...not sure if I had a plugin for that..been a while that I used MV due to some problems)

You can not add Common events to states naturally, so it would have to be a plugin. If you know what is, please tell me. And, in the common event, it is "Change Transparency", correct?
VerduxXudrev
New to the forum

Postby DarkPinkie » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:49 am

Well, I dunno if scripts is required. I think all of what you want to accomplish may be possible in base MV. Though I may be wrong. However perhaps a script would make the process a little faster, but through Conditions, skills, and Common Events I think this is all possible. Anything which is not possible with those three will 99% certainly have a public free script available online.
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
We also have a public Discord chat!
DarkPinkie
---

Postby darknessblades » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:00 pm

novaxxl200 wrote:What a coincidence, I am too making a vore game in MV with a battle system (it's different though).

i do not think male preds is more work.
its only swapping out the art and adding 1 more randomizer event to the vore list
darknessblades
Participator

Postby VerduxXudrev » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:34 am

DarkPinkie wrote:Well, I dunno if scripts is required. I think all of what you want to accomplish may be possible in base MV. Though I may be wrong. However perhaps a script would make the process a little faster, but through Conditions, skills, and Common Events I think this is all possible. Anything which is not possible with those three will 99% certainly have a public free script available online.

I don't doubt it. I don't. However, it does making everything faster and easier. And I make a plugin or a plugin is made, well, that one less reason for a maker to not finish their game. :lol:

darknessblades wrote:

i do not think male preds is more work.
its only swapping out the art and adding 1 more randomizer event to the vore list

It is, but the work is only in your favor. You see, male preds are a rarity and appealing to that niche market as well as the main market, it can't hurt and you will only benefit from it. And that why I'm planning to include them. That and, I'm a part of that market, mostly for cock vore, but I'm warming to human male preds in general.

And, with the sprites, I could just edit the Askhelad vore parts(If he would allow me to :wink: :wink: ) onto the male sprite for the walking animation. I could probably take the breasts and edit them to look like balls for cock vore to be honest. And, I probably will edit a set of SV battlers to show digestion mid-battle and figure out how to make those work. :gulp:
VerduxXudrev
New to the forum

Postby DarkPinkie » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:11 am

VerduxXudrev wrote:I don't doubt it. I don't. However, it does making everything faster and easier. And I make a plugin or a plugin is made, well, that one less reason for a maker to not finish their game. :lol:

Dunno exactly how much time will be saved. After all you are still going to have set up skills regardless, and once a condition for the vore nommings have been made one could just copy and paste it to make a quick change the variation to allow a different sprite to be used. I actually not certain if a script can be robust enough to handle such a thing. Script don't deal with sprites afterall.

VerduxXudrev wrote:It is, but the work is only in your favor. You see, male preds are a rarity and appealing to that niche market as well as the main market, it can't hurt and you will only benefit from it. And that why I'm planning to include them. That and, I'm a part of that market, mostly for cock vore, but I'm warming to human male preds in general.

And, with the sprites, I could just edit the Askhelad vore parts(If he would allow me to :wink: :wink: ) onto the male sprite for the walking animation. I could probably take the breasts and edit them to look like balls for cock vore to be honest. And, I probably will edit a set of SV battlers to show digestion mid-battle and figure out how to make those work. :gulp:

Also about this; Make the game appease to your own interests. By trying to appeal to everyone you will appeal to no-one Remember that line and you should do fine.
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
DarkPinkie
---

Postby VerduxXudrev » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:09 pm

DarkPinkie wrote:
VerduxXudrev wrote:I don't doubt it. I don't. However, it does making everything faster and easier. And I make a plugin or a plugin is made, well, that one less reason for a maker to not finish their game. :lol:

Dunno exactly how much time will be saved. After all you are still going to have set up skills regardless, and once a condition for the vore nommings have been made one could just copy and paste it to make a quick change the variation to allow a different sprite to be used. I actually not certain if a script can be robust enough to handle such a thing. Script don't deal with sprites afterall.

VerduxXudrev wrote:It is, but the work is only in your favor. You see, male preds are a rarity and appealing to that niche market as well as the main market, it can't hurt and you will only benefit from it. And that why I'm planning to include them. That and, I'm a part of that market, mostly for cock vore, but I'm warming to human male preds in general.

Also about this; Make the game appease to your own interests. By trying to appeal to everyone you will appeal to no-one Remember that line and you should do fine.

First, scripts can deal with animation to a small degree in that it is possible to make a script that can make MV call upon animations not in the proper folder or file. We see this in Yanfly's SV Battlers and Weapon Animation. I don't worry about that. What I do worry about is that I can't make the prey vanish, take digestion damage, and become untargetable. I have the state infliction on both sides(Meaning that I CAN make someone digest and the other full and neither will be able to act), but that is not enough.

Second, there IS a script for VX Ace that I brought up earlier, called the Cannibalism plugin here [url]https://grimoirecastle.wordpress.com/2011/12/25/cannibalism/ :gulp:[/url]. And while it's not exactly what I'm looking to do and the link is dead anyways, it proves that if this is possible with VX Ace and Ruby, then Javascript is certainly certainly do the job and more. Hell, Vore Night, the unfinished, pioneer of vore games, made on the arbitrary RPG Maker 2003, did this very well and had sexual events for monsters in your stomach. 2003! I've seen what plugins can for MV already. It will take some time, weeks, months even. But, I make a plugin, it will make many peoples lives easier. If I wanted an execution moves, or an on death system like with the upcoming "The Rebels" by Nobodyman, then it would be possible in the base game. But, even if I wanted to do(which is in the op) was possible in the base engine, checking for mulit-vore, dead prey, releasing prey upon pred death(especially when that pred is the last enemy), and many other things that I can't fathom would be impossible or extremely hard, buggy, and would break something. Trust me, doing vore AFTER battle is easy. During battle, and you may just want to quit, especially if you are going do an execution or end the battle and digest them be walking around. If you ARE doing an execution, then you can set a condition to kill the actor with this move when they are 25% or lower hp and show text as to how they were consumed. With HP drain per tick, not so easy. If you do know a way, note me or tell everyone. This was meant to be a discussion on how to do something great in MV, so if you do know a way or you figure it out(I assume you have RPG Maker MV), let us all know. I sure everyone would like that.

As for time, yes, I would be longer for me, but I wouldn't hog the plugin to myself, so it would faster for everyone else, and me if I do decide to make another game.

About the appeasing everyone thing, I know you are concerned and you are definitely saying this from the heart, but I wouldn't worry about that. Male preds aren't appeasing to everyone. Them aside, however, I was planning to add scenes with cum inflation, lactation, foot worship, and mind break,(which I love) and was saying no to watersports and scat(which I hate). Also, I really like all preds :gulp: and all vore types :gulp: , so is not a bother to me. :lol: All in all, I don't think you have to worry about that at all, although I do appreciate it :D . Trust me, I see games do this all the time, let alone vore and h-games, and few have success(I'm referring to the god known as MGQ). I will not do that.

Lastly, I have to ask, do you have a project your working on? You seem to know a lot, and while I am CERTAINLY not ask for a collab(Believe me, I'm going to do this by myself), I would like to know.

I don't want this to come off as arguing; I REALLY don't mean it that way.

With all that out of the way, I think all be learning Javascript for a few months. I want do something great for this community.
VerduxXudrev
New to the forum

Postby Nobodyman » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:35 pm

I'm working on a similar vore system for my MV game. Unfortunately, since this is my first MV project and I don't really know anything about programming I went with a fairly basic design. How it works is that the predator will eat the prey character once their HP reaches zero and then that character will be gone forever. I originally wanted to make a system more like the one you have in mind where the predator will eat the prey character, but there's still a chance to save them for a couple of turns, but I think that might be too complex for me.

Best of luck with your project!
Nobodyman
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DarkPinkie » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:02 pm

Hmm... I was talking about in combat though. Outside of combat is rather piss easy, if you excuse my language.

I do think I may know how to make all those conditions you ask for. Multiprey? Psssff! Eaz, though limiting it to a certain amount of prey may be the harder part.

Dead prey check? Seems fairly easy. Once more might become a tad trickier with multiprey.

Releasing prey on pred death? Hmmm... I think that shouldn't be too hard.

For these 3 I recomend checking out Helpless Heroine for how Kaven did it. Sure it is probably rather complex and it is RPGMaker VX, but most eventing stuff is basically the same. That and I think Kaven only used scripts collected from the internets so all of it is made though the base game.

For the finishing move thingy, seems like a simple conditional use limiter on the move is all that is needed. Perhaps some Common Event too.

Digestion over time is fully managable using Common events. Nyan Adventures did it that way. Granted the tangled web that was their digestion system left me with a headache trying to study it.

All of these things are very possible in the base game. However like you say, it may save some time writing a script. But writing scripts are very VERY advanced stuff. Among the crowd that makes RPGMaker games here (publicly or privately) I bet less than 1% know how to write scripts. Heck I am still trying to figure out how to use them.

But what do I know, majority of my knowledge of these things comes from observing the gears of the intricate clockworks others have made. I have replicated, built, and even tried to invent my own clockwork. Some which worked flawlessly, some which had kinks needing to be hammered out, and some which was completely borked and had to be scrapped.

As for the project I am working on... Well I am Lead Developer for Predator's Coliseum. A role I was granted because I managed to keep the team together and working when the original Lead Developer vanished on us. Of course he came back a few months later and officially granted me the title. *shrug*

Here is the link if you want to check it out. It is mostly F/f, and it have optional disposal (So make sure to turn it off using the promt in the start aight? If you mess up it can be changed from the options menu at any time that is not in a cutscene).
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=52056
DarkPinkie
---

Return to Vore game