Looking for Scripter/Sprite creator. Vore Night inspired

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: How many of you guys liked vore night+

Postby FutureBellyAche » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:05 pm

I don't think we should be the ones deciding something as silly as that. Just call it something you guys wanna name it. Project names are genuinely the least important part of the process. No reason to waste energy and add an extra step to it.
FutureBellyAche
Participator

Postby RandomName5 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:30 pm

Orosaki wrote:
b5n wrote:you should change the topic name

We would if we had a name for the game but atm it's just project vore night, which isn't gonna fly with me. If anyone has any suggestions i'm open to it.

Some name suggestions :3
  • [Looking for team] Spiritual sequel to Vore Night+
  • [Looking for team] Vore Night^+
  • LFG Vore Night+ inspired game
  • Vore Night++, Darker shade of blue edition
  • [Looking for Scripter/Sprite creator. Vore Night inspired reincarnation
  • Vore Night++ The eternal night (Looking for creative people, pm if interessted)

I think as long as you make it clear that your looking for people, the games name can always be changed again.

I do recommend however to edit the first post, maybe re-structure it and post the current status, maybe make a list of which position of team members you have/are looking. Maybe post some progress images to get people to join in if they see how far you've gotten (i.e. get inspired and motivated to help) since that will be the first page people will go to and re-visit as time progresses.

A bit what ryanshowseason3 (p.1) & kongpow (p.4) was talking about;
I think these two comments in perticulair might be scareing people off, since they might come accross as "you're not planning to do anything yourself".
Orosaki wrote:(...) I would play the role of manager in the collaboration and making sure if one person is unable to do their part and has to leave i get another person to take their place. (...)
Orosaki wrote:(...)I'm not sure how much time i'd have to devote to working on the game itself(...)

But if you collected all the progress, maybe the sprites/RMVXA resources that Nanakra posted (p.2) or some screenshots from the progress you've made from working on the file that Terrorsaurzilla sent you (p.3). I think people would be more motivated to jump in and be a part. ^^;

And even if you don't plan to be the final script writter/editor, I still think starting on something, creating a groundwork that people can work upon might show more entusiasm and dedication.

Another couple of thread name suggestions could be;
  • Vore Day+ The Sunrise
  • Vore Day New Horizon)
  • Vore Day & Night
  • Veiled Night

Example of how the first page could look like since first impression goes a long way;
Spoiler: show

Hi I'm organizing a collaborative effort to put together a team to make a spiritual successor to Vore Night.
The original project was made in RM 2003, but this re imagination is aimed for [_____] maker.

Hopefully with the dedication of my team and your help, we can re-imagine and create a classic. I have a strong and dedicated vision and really don't want it to end up as vaporware. I'm not sure how many days/weeks I'd have to devote on working on the game itself, but if we can at least ensure the game makes it to completion then I'll be overjoyed.

The current focus
* As of now, we mainly want to expand the team.
* The classic Vore Night+ has been translated into a newer engine, RPG Maker VX (credits to Terrorsaurzilla, thanks for the help!)
* Currently we're focusing on the scripting of the battle system
* etc..

Current team;
Name - Organizer, Script writer
Name - Writer

We're looking for;
Script writer (Preferably someone who knows [____] maker)
Spriter/Artist
etc.

Current Progress - Last updated: 2018/06/05
[spoiler [list][*]Story; 40% done - Red thread has been established and implementation of it has begun.
[*]Scripts; 0%
[*]Event; 0%
[*]Map; 15% done, the original town from the first game has been recreated in the new engine.
[*]Sprites; Vela and Skyla in sizes Macro to Micro and in several different behaviors, Face sets for Vela and Skyla, Bust-ups for Vela and Skyla, and digested bolus for both Vela and Skyla (Huge thanks to Nanakra)[/list] /spoiler]

Screenshots
[spoiler Image
New Sprites (Credit to ____) /spoiler]

If anyone is interested in helping out then you are welcome to join!
Feel free to PM me or post in the thread if you want join or have ideas.
Together we can make something great!

Best of luck!
Loved Vore Night+ back in the day. So would be fun to see it come back. :gulp:
Take one step at the time ^__^
Vore-related games
that I recommend: >> Link <<
RandomName5
Been posting for a bit

Postby b5n » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:30 am

well "Looking for Scripter/Sprite creator. Vore Night inspired reincarnation" seems to be the best name but you should post a vote poll for the name

and the thing that make vore night (for me) stand out from other vore was the fact that you can talk whenever you wanted to your prey so if you made it re happenned i would be like omfg :D
b5n
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:40 pm

b5n wrote:well "Looking for Scripter/Sprite creator. Vore Night inspired reincarnation" seems to be the best name but you should post a vote poll for the name

and the thing that make vore night (for me) stand out from other vore was the fact that you can talk whenever you wanted to your prey so if you made it re happenned i would be like omfg :D

That would be a tricky event to pull off... but not impossible.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Orosaki » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:34 am

Turbotowns wrote:
b5n wrote:well "Looking for Scripter/Sprite creator. Vore Night inspired reincarnation" seems to be the best name but you should post a vote poll for the name

That would be a tricky event to pull off... but not impossible.

Part of the reason that worked in vore night so well was because it was as short demo esentially.
In all likelihood though the common events from the original vore night won't be complex enough to handle a larger game like what is planned. So in the end i may need to just ditch vore nights common events and draw up something similar if possible. I had a few ideas to implement it though. But til we get tat scripter it may not be entirely possible to implement the method.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
A capture from the finished first town. I added some final details in this pic. The primary focus here is on the mess hall. to the right of it is a stable. Left of the mess hall is the barracks. And that building in the bottom right is a granary. Finally in the bottom left is the item shop (right) and inn (left)
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Looking for Scripter/Sprite creator. Vore Night inspired

Postby DarkPinkie » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:43 am

Hey, good luck on the project. I am busy with my own game but I am there with you guys in spirit.

Dunno what that about converting things on the front page was about? It was fairly basic RPGMaker stuff being talked about I think. You know, the stuff that takes an afternoon to make, no scripts required.

Take inspiration from Vore Night+, but don't copy it wholeheartedly. If you really need help with making a common event that have the functionality of the Vore Night+'s belly rub I doubt it would take more than a key mapping script, and a single common event with a crapton of switches and conditional branches for em (one for each prey). For easier management one could write a chain of common events that split them up into smaller chunks for the game to handle, but you would need an absolute monster of a common event for the game to not handle a bit of text in a common event.

If you need some consulting then I could lend my expertise I have built up by developing Pred Coliseum (#self promotion) and see if I can help. But I make no promises.
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
We also have a public Discord chat!
DarkPinkie
---

Postby Orosaki » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:27 pm

DarkPinkie wrote:Hey, good luck on the project. I am busy with my own game but I am there with you guys in spirit.

Dunno what that about converting things on the front page was about? It was fairly basic RPGMaker stuff being talked about I think. You know, the stuff that takes an afternoon to make, no scripts required.

Take inspiration from Vore Night+, but don't copy it wholeheartedly. If you really need help with making a common event that have the functionality of the Vore Night+'s belly rub I doubt it would take more than a key mapping script, and a single common event with a crapton of switches and conditional branches for em (one for each prey). For easier management one could write a chain of common events that split them up into smaller chunks for the game to handle, but you would need an absolute monster of a common event for the game to not handle a bit of text in a common event.

If you need some consulting then I could lend my expertise I have built up by developing Pred Coliseum (#self promotion) and see if I can help. But I make no promises.

Well i initially thought vore night used scripts tpo pull off what it did but it actually just uses the basic abilities of the rpg maker engine of the time. But in hindsight it looks like asking permission was unnecessary seeing as how everything was done in common events. Looking at how the event was made it doeesn't seem that complex at all. Which is why the original vore night events probably won't work for the project.

Those common events will most likely have to be ditched and i'll have to make a substantially more complex common event system for the vore.

I was actually able to pull off an event which is a normal staple of rpgs, that being a cut scene. That should probably give you an idea of how familiar i am with event creation. Although it was the first time i made a cutscene the transitions between separate maps though. It only took me an hour to throw together and complete if even that. Oh but it's not an ingame one more like a practice run in the dev room i made.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DarkPinkie » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:25 am

Orosaki wrote:Well i initially thought vore night used scripts tpo pull off what it did but it actually just uses the basic abilities of the rpg maker engine of the time. But in hindsight it looks like asking permission was unnecessary seeing as how everything was done in common events. Looking at how the event was made it doeesn't seem that complex at all. Which is why the original vore night events probably won't work for the project.

Those common events will most likely have to be ditched and i'll have to make a substantially more complex common event system for the vore.

I was actually able to pull off an event which is a normal staple of rpgs, that being a cut scene. That should probably give you an idea of how familiar i am with event creation. Although it was the first time i made a cutscene the transitions between separate maps though. It only took me an hour to throw together and complete if even that. Oh but it's not an ingame one more like a practice run in the dev room i made.

Heh, I kind of figured it wasn't scripts. It had some interesting interactions that a robust script probably wouldn't do. Also good job on those cutscenes stuff. It took me a bit to get a hang of but it wasn't overly hard. My very first cutscene I made is currently visible in the public version of pred coliseum right at this time(just steal random people's lunches and you'll see). Well it was my first unless you count the 5 minutes of no effort scene I made just to see how to make dialogue. I mean, that first scene took like 30 ish minutes, +1 hour to figure out how to get a bowl of salad to transform into a teacup. Good times.

But yeah. Let the common events from Vore Night+ be an inspiration but build your own, perhaps you could have copied them nearly whole sale, but the experience of designing the system will become invaluable as you move forward, and on top of that have more intimate knowledge of exactly how the system is designed will help avoid cockups... Of course those are still going to happen, but perhaps not to the same scale.
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
DarkPinkie
---

Postby Orosaki » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:52 am

DarkPinkie wrote:
Orosaki wrote:Well i initially thought vore night used scripts tpo pull off what it did but it actually just uses the basic abilities of the rpg maker engine of the time. But in hindsight it looks like asking permission was unnecessary seeing as how everything was done in common events. Looking at how the event was made it doeesn't seem that complex at all. Which is why the original vore night events probably won't work for the project.

Heh, I kind of figured it wasn't scripts. It had some interesting interactions that a robust script probably wouldn't do. Also good job on those cutscenes stuff. It took me a bit to get a hang of but it wasn't overly hard. My very first cutscene I made is currently visible in the public version of pred coliseum right at this time(just steal random people's lunches and you'll see). Well it was my first unless you count the 5 minutes of no effort scene I made just to see how to make dialogue. I mean, that first scene took like 30 ish minutes, +1 hour to figure out how to get a bowl of salad to transform into a teacup. Good times.

But yeah. Let the common events from Vore Night+ be an inspiration but build your own, perhaps you could have copied them nearly whole sale, but the experience of designing the system will become invaluable as you move forward, and on top of that have more intimate knowledge of exactly how the system is designed will help avoid cockups... Of course those are still going to happen, but perhaps not to the same scale.

Odd I guess it pays to have a high iq in analytics like i have. It's probably the main reason why i adapt so quickly to whatever it is i'm working on, or even doing. Granted i never took an hour to figure out anything really it always seemed straight forward to me.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:34 am

I thought the scripts we wanted had to do with the IN-BATTLE Vore...
Turbotowns
???

Postby Orosaki » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:37 am

Turbotowns wrote:I thought the scripts we wanted had to do with the IN-BATTLE Vore...

We're probably gonna need more than just vore scripts to make this game good. the in battle vore scripts are our primary goal since without those we don't have a game but if we can add in other script to make the game better i say why not.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DarkPinkie » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:32 pm

Orosaki wrote:Odd I guess it pays to have a high iq in analytics like i have. It's probably the main reason why i adapt so quickly to whatever it is i'm working on, or even doing. Granted i never took an hour to figure out anything really it always seemed straight forward to me.

*Lets out a couple of embarrassed coughs* I was trying to find an out of box solution to something that really was quite straight forward. It was really an eye opening thing when I learned how stupid I was with how I was overthinking it. So now it is just a joke I keep throwing about, you know. Mistakes is the best teacher. Iris is great at delivering mistakes, that fairy really loves her bugs.

I hope you get the enjoyment of having 90% of your bugs be related to a specific character, and have no clue why that character in specific. Because at that point it just becomes a meme. Isn't that right Iris Sensei?
DarkPinkie
---

Postby Orosaki » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:00 am

DarkPinkie wrote:
Orosaki wrote:Odd I guess it pays to have a high iq in analytics like i have. It's probably the main reason why i adapt so quickly to whatever it is i'm working on, or even doing. Granted i never took an hour to figure out anything really it always seemed straight forward to me.

*Lets out a couple of embarrassed coughs* I was trying to find an out of box solution to something that really was quite straight forward. It was really an eye opening thing when I learned how stupid I was with how I was overthinking it. So now it is just a joke I keep throwing about, you know. Mistakes is the best teacher. Iris is great at delivering mistakes, that fairy really loves her bugs.

I hope you get the enjoyment of having 90% of your bugs be related to a specific character, and have no clue why that character in specific. Because at that point it just becomes a meme. Isn't that right Iris Sensei?

True but at the very least i won't overthink the problem I try to strike a balance in everything i do you know walk a fine line After all sometimes the best solution is tyo just go back. Usually i make sure everything is solid and is able standalone so adding new stuff in doesn't break the old stuff.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Orosaki » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:46 pm

Wow anyone else see the E3 for smash 5? If this game hasn't been finished by the time smash 5 comes out i'll probably put it on hold for a week to play smash 5. Every character is apparently making are turn even two of my mains wolf and roy who i have missed.

Also ridley confirmed for smash 5. i'll be playing the hell out of that game. I really hope they bring back all the stages too. Mushroom kingdom from the original smash bros was one of my favorites alongside norfair depths subcon from super mario bros 2. That also includes the ice climbers stage. I even pray they have an adventure mode like subspace emissary in the smash 5 as that will be freakin awesome.

Non gamers have football to look forward to but us gamers have smash bros.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DarkPinkie » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:11 am

Orosaki wrote:Wow anyone else see the E3 for smash 5? If this game hasn't been finished by the time smash 5 comes out i'll probably put it on hold for a week to play smash 5. Every character is apparently making are turn even two of my mains wolf and roy who i have missed.

Also ridley confirmed for smash 5. i'll be playing the hell out of that game. I really hope they bring back all the stages too. Mushroom kingdom from the original smash bros was one of my favorites alongside norfair depths subcon from super mario bros 2. That also includes the ice climbers stage. I even pray they have an adventure mode like subspace emissary in the smash 5 as that will be freakin awesome.

It is perfectly reasonable to put something like this on hold for real life events, issues, or anticipated interests.

Trust me, I know all too well the need to put them aside temporarily.
DarkPinkie
---

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:41 pm

Orosaki wrote:Wow anyone else see the E3 for smash 5? If this game hasn't been finished by the time smash 5 comes out i'll probably put it on hold for a week to play smash 5. Every character is apparently making are turn even two of my mains wolf and roy who i have missed.

I'll be right there with you, fate! Ah! we should friend eachother so we can smash together!
Turbotowns
???

Postby DarkPinkie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:17 am

Turbotowns wrote:I'll be right there with you, fate! Ah! we should friend eachother so we can smash together!

Snrk! I dunno why but that sounded hilariously inappropriate. :D
DarkPinkie
---

Postby Orosaki » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:12 am

Turbotowns wrote:

I'll be right there with you, fate! Ah! we should friend eachother so we can smash together!

Regretably online isn't free for the switch so it probably won't happen unless something changes with the money flow but regardless of that I'm hoping before long our progress on the game will get underway. and go on full steam. Choo choo.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DarkPinkie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:05 am

Orosaki wrote:go on full steam. Choo choo.

Speaking about going on steam. Steam have endorsed having your game on their platform, no matter it's content. As long as you "didn't make it to troll". This of course does not include assetflip cashgrabs, as they are apparently "legitimate games".

I mean, it is definitely not something I would recommend, because if you toss something into a pile of shit one have to expect it to come out a bit stinky. But hey, it's an option. *shrug*
DarkPinkie
---

Postby Orosaki » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:58 pm

DarkPinkie wrote:
Orosaki wrote:go on full steam. Choo choo.

Speaking about going on steam. Steam have endorsed having your game on their platform, no matter it's content. As long as you "didn't make it to troll". This of course does not include assetflip cashgrabs, as they are apparently "legitimate games".

I mean, it is definitely not something I would recommend, because if you toss something into a pile of shit one have to expect it to come out a bit stinky. But hey, it's an option. *shrug*

i don't mix my vore life with any other part of my life.. it's the side of me i keep hidden no matter what. Even if i think i trust someone i will not reveal that side of me to them. If i released this game on steam it would make my vore side more easy to find. My presence on the internet is not as easily traceable as one might think and i prefer to keep it that way..

Even if you searched my name online you would find absolutely nothing about me. i am of course referring to my real name.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game