Writing a story about vore and suicide

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Writing a story about vore and suicide

Postby blackskies » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:28 pm

I'm looking for opinions on a novel I'm writing. It's about a character who struggles with reconciling suicidal thoughts and their vore fetish. How closely are the two related and is it wrong to write about it in a novel?
blackskies
Somewhat familiar

Re: Writing a story about vore and suicide

Postby fieldmousse » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:31 pm

It's definitely not wrong to write about it if you explore topics with realism and truth. Readers can gain new insight into their own minds. Just don't "13 reasons why" up your novel or otherwise badly portray suicide. It helps if you've experienced suicidal thoughts yourself or talk to people who have.
That being said, if this is just a smut novel, you may want to reconsider topics as poorly portraying suicide could have adverse effects
fieldmousse
Participator

Postby blackskies » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:53 pm

I'll be honest and say it did start out as smut, but then when I started thinking about the characters motivation for wanting to be eaten I started to think of suicidal thoughts I've struggled with in the past. Now I feel like its changed from its original scope to something that tackles a persons struggle with suicide. Writing the outline I just started asking Is it suicide for someone to willingly be vored?
blackskies
Somewhat familiar

Postby ArcaneSigil » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:13 am

Personal opinion, I think that depends on the situation at hand. Most of the stuff I'm into, personally, is non-fatal. You can get swallowed whole, but you'll never be digested. It's either being released or passing through unharmed. Or in a lot of situations, the pred has magic that lets them teleport you out when they're done with you. I have seen comics, as done by Amanda Dragon I believe, where one character struggled with suicidal thoughts and his character Sophie gave this other character a choice. Spend one night with her and if he was gone in the morning she'd take that to mean he wanted to live. Of course, Sophie's room mate Belinda took the choice out of the guys hands, resulting in Sophie swallowing him whole and assisting him in committing suicide. Come to find out, he had wanted to leave, though because of Belinda, he didn't get to and wound up being eaten and digested by Sophie. One of my favorite comics actually.
Just a wolf lookin' for some fun. I like all sorts. Just... don't eat me.
ArcaneSigil
---

Postby AnalagousSam » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:24 am

If you don't mind me getting Freudian, it's worth noting is that vore tends to intersect with a variety of other paraphilias. In my case, endo (desire to return to the womb?), macro/micro (a percieved lack of control?), and possibly Autassassinophilia (a fetish for one's own mortality). There definitely seem to be some link between depressive disorders and the development of fetishism, even if it's only frequent exposure to the internet. In the most literal sense, willing vore would count as suicide, but it's interesting to compare the boundaries of fantasy (hence the prevalence of "If Vore were real..." threads).

CrimsonFangX666 wrote: Come to find out, he had wanted to leave, though because of Belinda, he didn't get to and wound up being eaten and digested by Sophie.

This sounds... titillating. I'm not sure why, but grand and tragic injustices like that really tickle my inner masochist. Any chance you could link it?

Edit: Found it.
Last edited by AnalagousSam on Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
AnalagousSam
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheDRXDplays » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:52 am

So you're basically writing a story with me as the protagonist? Jokes aside, it's pretty accurate. I think it's fine and I have been thinking about writing my personal story of vore someday.
TheDRXDplays
Been posting for a bit

Postby fieldmousse » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:39 am

blackskies wrote:Writing the outline I just started asking Is it suicide for someone to willingly be vored?

I don't think willing fatal has to explore suicidal topics. The lack of explanation as to why the prey is giving up their life can be a perfectly acceptable plot hole.
Or maybe they can just be naive or so into being eaten that they don't care.
fieldmousse
Participator

Postby blackskies » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:54 am

fieldmousse wrote:
blackskies wrote:Writing the outline I just started asking Is it suicide for someone to willingly be vored?

I don't think willing fatal has to explore suicidal topics. The lack of explanation as to why the prey is giving up their life can be a perfectly acceptable plot hole.
Or maybe they can just be naive or so into being eaten that they don't care.

Would that plot hole be acceptable if the author was attempting to write fiction rather than smut?
blackskies
Somewhat familiar

Postby AnalagousSam » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:31 am

blackskies wrote:Would that plot hole be acceptable if the author was attempting to write fiction rather than smut?

This depends on if you're trying to write fiction about willing fatal vore, and we honestly don't have many details to go on here. Is your character presented with the opportunity to be literally eaten? If your story intends to be heavily self-reflective and not at all erotic, then most would expect a realistic and meditative approach to the protagonist's paradoxical desire for self-destruction; the forbidden fruit, so it goes. He'd need to be heavily fleshed out, and if you intend to bridge the orders of magnitude between short story and novel with the main character's inner drives and inhibitions as the central focus, I'm not sure what, if at all, could be written simply knowing "He wants to be eaten and that's it."

On the other hand, we have no idea what the story you want to tell is; so far, you have a character, whose sole defining trait is his desire for the unattainable, but no hints of a plot. What is his struggle? Self-actualization? Resisting his basest temptations? Making himself understood to the outside world? Feeding himself to a predator? These are fairly key things to plot out. You certainly can write a story that combines both of these elements, and in fact, with enough imagination, you can write a story that combines any elements at all, but without a clear outline, you put yourself on a surefire path to fatigue, so I suggest starting small.
AnalagousSam
Been posting for a bit

Postby fieldmousse » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:29 am

blackskies wrote:
Would that plot hole be acceptable if the author was attempting to write fiction rather than smut?

Maybe, if the fatal vore is central to the story I think the reader may be left questioning the prey's motives and they may have difficulty suspending their disbelief.
fieldmousse
Participator

Postby Scrumptious » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:41 pm

It's definitely not wrong to write a novel about this subject. I think it's interesting!

W/Could you tell us more?

I think that art, of which story-writing is a form, is a great way to work out your demons, even if that doesn't necessarily make for very good writing. Ultimately, it's about you expressing your thoughts. Expression can be a way to air them out and deflate the brain, which can be a very healthy thing. (e.g. when I am struggling with troublesome thoughts, and am unable to sleep because of it, I write them in my journal. Having articulated the thoughts in pen on paper relieves my brain from the continual re-articulating those thoughts as I mull them over and over. It usually helps me get to sleep.

Of course, perhaps your writing will catch on, and those of us who are interested in them will find enjoyment (or some other emotion) in your writing.

CrimsonFangX666 wrote:I have seen comics, as done by Amanda Dragon I believe, where one character struggled with suicidal thoughts and his character Sophie gave this other character a choice. Spend one night with her and if he was gone in the morning she'd take that to mean he wanted to live. Of course, Sophie's room mate Belinda took the choice out of the guys hands, resulting in Sophie swallowing him whole and assisting him in committing suicide. Come to find out, he had wanted to leave, though because of Belinda, he didn't get to and wound up being eaten and digested by Sophie. One of my favorite comics actually.
AnalagousSam wrote:Edit: Found it.

Wow, that one is cute and twisted at the same time.
Love it!
Scrumptious
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to General Vore Discussion