CHOWDER: The POWDER roguelike mod (0.6.0) 6/15

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: CHOWDER: The POWDER roguelike mod (0.5.6) 4/7

Postby Smb64 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:31 am

can someone send me the latest download link? I'm having a hard time getting the game to work... also is there a version for gba or ds?
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7724-1401
Nintendo ID: smb-64
Feel The Fire Deep Inside, Burning Bright Where You Can't Hide
Smb64
Been posting for a bit

Postby Orosaki » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:54 pm

Hey are you still working on this cuz if so there ar ea few things that could use improvement.

1 Choose your starting equipment. A lot of times i tend to just restart until i get the quipment i want, there's too much rng going on in the game not to try and get the dewsired equipment, but a lot of frustration comes from getting the equips i want only to have garbage luck kill me in 30 minutes or less. In one instance i was dead in less than 5 minutes, and this is with the equipment and books that usually keep me alive for around an hour at worst.

The way to implement this would be a points system and set items You get starting equipment (sword and armor) 1 spell book 1 magic book and three free items (is not restricted to a type). After this players have a set amount of points they can use to pick and choose their equipment either each item has a base equipment then you can apply whatever to them which may increase or decrease the cost of item (like increaing the weapon ti + or increasing the number of times a tome can be used)

2/ Hunger increases more slowly when at full health and increases even more slowly when not moving at all. The current rate of hunger is the standard for when you'd be moving and not at full health/mana, if you do have full health it is slowed by a certain amount if full mana it is slowed (but less than health) and the rate of hunger increase is aroun half of what it would be other wise. Not moving at all significantly reduces your hunger increase rate.

3 Sleeping causes you to regen health and mana faster. Sleeping has no use in the game other than to pass a fair few turns in one go. This adds more reward to sleeping. Sleeping adds rested bonus which increases your accuracy and dodge rates too.
Edit

4 Reduce the proc rate of paralyze for floating eyes. Nearly every time they attack they also paralyze you. wouldn't be so bad if it were poison but pralyze? These guys can stun lock you to death, or rather keep you paralyzed until their meager attack power finally kills you. bonus points if there's a headless on the loose as they always go straight for you regardless of line of sight or hearing.

Edit 2

5 Being able to vore as an aventurer. Using the stomach stretch spell on the adventurer (or any creature not normally able to vore except creatures without flesh and blood) allows them to vore.

6. the village - An overworld area where you can sell items found in the dungeon for coin and use that coin to have someone identify remove curses, and buy stuff that is hard to come by or can't tbe found in the dungeon. A potion shop will sell various potions (but only ones you've acquired) the tome shop will sell tomes (again only previously acquired)

monster trainer - an overworld fellow who can teach any pets you have with you the skills and magic you already possess for a nominal fee. He can also conversely teach pets skills other pets have. Reading skills aren't necessary but the fees for monsters that can't normally learn from a tome are much higher than the ones that can.

temple - can remove equipped evil items (but not purify them), identify items and sells escape doll necklaces. All of their services come at very high prices however.

food shop - need some grub for you and your pets this is the place to get it. you can hand feed monsters with this stuff

7 escape doll necklace - provides no defense but will teleport you to overworld and prevent you from dying if your hp drops to 1. It'll break when used. Works on pets too. One of a few items that are not found normally in the dungeon

8 eat command improvement - telling a monster to eat on a space with a corpse on it will have them eat the corpse regardless of whether or not they're hungry. you can also command them to eat til full, or wait til they're starving to eat.

9 Pets can be told not to equip stuff which may or may not be evil. Unidentified equipment and evil equipment will not be auto equipped.

10 Pets can be commanded to wield only specific items. Most of the time pets will only wield the best stuff in it's category. silver spears tend to replace warhammers warhammers replace longsword and tower shield. You get where i'm going with this.

11 Pathfinding needs improvement ai tends to get stuck in certain areas of the dungeon for no reason. seems to only be an issue with pets however, but could extend to regular monsters.

12 Pets can vore you if your health is low. Presently they only do this when in a stomach but do not do this while in the dungeon itself, yet they seem to do it with other pets.

13 More commands - More commands to give you more control over your pets without having to posses them. When executing orders pets will swap places to get to it rather than wait for an opening.

Move - Has the pet move to this location and wait.

Hunt - pet will freely roam the dungeon floor and attack monsters that aren't friendly.

Magic - Available when pet has learned magic. Pet will then use said magic if enough mp is available. creatures possessed by a pet will become friendly and obey commands until the possession is broken.

Stances

Aggressive - Will attack any monster on sight that isn't friendly.
Passive aggressive - default stance, will attack ny monster that attacks it or an ally (you or another pet).
Defensive - Will only attack when it is atttacked.
Passive - Will run away when attacked instead of fighting. Will have a friendly pet or monster vor it. If available.

Position - Determines the order in which pets follow you with position 1 being the closest and all other pets taking u-p later positions. Pets will swap with one another if the position is out of order. pets will only swap if the position above them is further away than it should be.

Vore - Determines when pets will attempt to vore the enemy.
Always - pet will always attempt a vore when possible. When on other options become unavailable.
Finisher - pet will vore weakened enemies to finish them off. Can be turned on and off.
Ignores attack - pet will vore enemies when regular attacks do not work. Pets will focus on voring such enemies to deal amage (unless they are immune to digestion damage) Can be turned on or off.

14 Quick command - Commands no longer take a turn to issue. This enables you to issue each individual pet a command without spending any time.
Last edited by Orosaki on Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MellowYellow » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:03 pm

Just here for reply notifications
MellowYellow
Been posting for a bit

Postby Benevorlent » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:16 am

MellowYellow, you can just subscribe to the topic from the link at the bottom of the page.

Anyways, what creature will be getting custom vore text next? And will being able to vore as the adventurer ever become a possibility?
Benevorlent
Somewhat familiar

Postby Nibor » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:22 am

Benevorlent wrote:will being able to vore as the adventurer ever become a possibility?

It already is, technically. Just polymorph to a pred.
Eka's resident lurker Yoshi!
My character list
Nibor
???

Postby MellowYellow » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:30 am

Benevorlent wrote:MellowYellow, you can just subscribe to the topic from the link at the bottom of the page.

Oh, thanks! Didn't know that.

Nibor wrote:It already is, technically. Just polymorph to a pred.

Pretty sure they mean as the human character.
MellowYellow
Been posting for a bit

Postby Nibor » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:24 pm

I know that. Just thought I'd point out that the player CAN control a pred.
Eka's resident lurker Yoshi!
My character list
Nibor
???

Postby blackrock215 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:22 am

Holy HECK this update was a lot of work. I was sure my hands were going to explode at one point trying to get this working. Anyway most of it seems to be working, which is cool.

Orosaki wrote:1 Choose your starting equipment. A lot of times i tend to just restart until i get the quipment i want, there's too much rng going on in the game not to try and get the dewsired equipment, but a lot of frustration comes from getting the equips i want only to have garbage luck kill me in 30 minutes or less. In one instance i was dead in less than 5 minutes, and this is with the equipment and books that usually keep me alive for around an hour at worst.

I've run into a similar issue, though generally I just use the wish menu to get the equipment I want to start with.

Orosaki wrote:The way to implement this would be a points system and set items You get starting equipment (sword and armor) 1 spell book 1 magic book and three free items (is not restricted to a type). After this players have a set amount of points they can use to pick and choose their equipment either each item has a base equipment then you can apply whatever to them which may increase or decrease the cost of item (like increaing the weapon ti + or increasing the number of times a tome can be used)

I have no idea how I would implement that.

Orosaki wrote:2/ Hunger increases more slowly when at full health and increases even more slowly when not moving at all. The current rate of hunger is the standard for when you'd be moving and not at full health/mana, if you do have full health it is slowed by a certain amount if full mana it is slowed (but less than health) and the rate of hunger increase is aroun half of what it would be other wise. Not moving at all significantly reduces your hunger increase rate.

The game already does this, healing hp & mana causes hunger to increase faster.

Orosaki wrote:3 Sleeping causes you to regen health and mana faster. Sleeping has no use in the game other than to pass a fair few turns in one go. This adds more reward to sleeping. Sleeping adds rested bonus which increases your accuracy and dodge rates too.

Speeding regen could probably be done, bonuses could also be possible. I might look into it.

Orosaki wrote:4 Reduce the proc rate of paralyze for floating eyes. Nearly every time they attack they also paralyze you. wouldn't be so bad if it were poison but pralyze? These guys can stun lock you to death, or rather keep you paralyzed until their meager attack power finally kills you. bonus points if there's a headless on the loose as they always go straight for you regardless of line of sight or hearing.

That's probably a side-effect of me globally increasing the hit chance for all creatures. I'll look into it.

Orosaki wrote:5 Being able to vore as an aventurer. Using the stomach stretch spell on the adventurer (or any creature not normally able to vore except creatures without flesh and blood) allows them to vore.

Benevorlent wrote:will being able to vore as the adventurer ever become a possibility?

Your wish is my command.

Orosaki wrote:6. the village - An overworld area where you can sell items found in the dungeon for coin and use that coin to have someone identify remove curses, and buy stuff that is hard to come by or can't tbe found in the dungeon. A potion shop will sell various potions (but only ones you've acquired) the tome shop will sell tomes (again only previously acquired)

monster trainer - an overworld fellow who can teach any pets you have with you the skills and magic you already possess for a nominal fee. He can also conversely teach pets skills other pets have. Reading skills aren't necessary but the fees for monsters that can't normally learn from a tome are much higher than the ones that can.

temple - can remove equipped evil items (but not purify them), identify items and sells escape doll necklaces. All of their services come at very high prices however.

food shop - need some grub for you and your pets this is the place to get it. you can hand feed monsters with this stuff

7 escape doll necklace - provides no defense but will teleport you to overworld and prevent you from dying if your hp drops to 1. It'll break when used. Works on pets too. One of a few items that are not found normally in the dungeon

At some point it would probably be easier to just make an entirely new game than attempt to adapt the aging code to do this.

Orosaki wrote:8 eat command improvement - telling a monster to eat on a space with a corpse on it will have them eat the corpse regardless of whether or not they're hungry. you can also command them to eat til full, or wait til they're starving to eat.

9 Pets can be told not to equip stuff which may or may not be evil. Unidentified equipment and evil equipment will not be auto equipped.

If you saw how the ai works right now you wouldn't be asking for that. It's like wading through a minefield to build a house on quicksand. I barely have it working consistently as it is. I'd rather write a game from scratch and create the ai from scratch than adapt the current ai.

Orosaki wrote:10 Pets can be commanded to wield only specific items. Most of the time pets will only wield the best stuff in it's category. silver spears tend to replace warhammers warhammers replace longsword and tower shield. You get where i'm going with this.

This can already... sorta... be done by selecting what class your pet specs into upon levelup. Wizards will prioritize wielding staves and robes, and clerics will wield maces and chainmail, etc. spellswords wield best in class, warriors go for platemail.

Orosaki wrote:11 Pathfinding needs improvement ai tends to get stuck in certain areas of the dungeon for no reason. seems to only be an issue with pets however, but could extend to regular monsters.

Oh god, please no. I'm just going to break it and spend hours trying to fix it to no avail.

Orosaki wrote:12 Pets can vore you if your health is low. Presently they only do this when in a stomach but do not do this while in the dungeon itself, yet they seem to do it with other pets.

They actually used to do that, but I found it annoying; I'd just offer myself manually if I wanted healing. I can see about adding an entry to the options menu for it, or something.

Orosaki wrote:13 More commands - More commands to give you more control over your pets without having to posses them. When executing orders pets will swap places to get to it rather than wait for an opening.

Move - Has the pet move to this location and wait.

Hunt - pet will freely roam the dungeon floor and attack monsters that aren't friendly.

Magic - Available when pet has learned magic. Pet will then use said magic if enough mp is available. creatures possessed by a pet will become friendly and obey commands until the possession is broken.

Stances

Aggressive - Will attack any monster on sight that isn't friendly.
Passive aggressive - default stance, will attack ny monster that attacks it or an ally (you or another pet).
Defensive - Will only attack when it is atttacked.
Passive - Will run away when attacked instead of fighting. Will have a friendly pet or monster vor it. If available.

Position - Determines the order in which pets follow you with position 1 being the closest and all other pets taking u-p later positions. Pets will swap with one another if the position is out of order. pets will only swap if the position above them is further away than it should be.

Vore - Determines when pets will attempt to vore the enemy.
Always - pet will always attempt a vore when possible. When on other options become unavailable.
Finisher - pet will vore weakened enemies to finish them off. Can be turned on and off.
Ignores attack - pet will vore enemies when regular attacks do not work. Pets will focus on voring such enemies to deal amage (unless they are immune to digestion damage) Can be turned on or off.

See above about how the ai is a mess and I don't want to.

Orosaki wrote:14 Quick command - Commands no longer take a turn to issue. This enables you to issue each individual pet a command without spending any time.

actually, though. probably should do that.
blackrock215
New to the forum

Postby Orosaki » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:18 am

How to implement a points system would be sort of complicated but at the same tim easy. Well depending onthe code your using.

a knife would cost say one point the cloth armor would be 2 points, the two books (with one charge would be 2 as well. And anything in the free slot would cost one more point than anything else. This is just the base stuff as far as ground level works.

each upgrade for starting equipment will cost multiples of the starting equip number upgrading to a dagger will cost you an additional point for a total of two upgrading to leather armor costs 2 points for a total of 4. The point pool should be small enough that you can get the starting equipment you want without getting endgame equipment.

I forgot to mention this in my other post but you should probably prevent evil and holy states from being applied to books potions and scrolls After all there is no point other than to take up more inventory space, since they are useable items and therefore being evil doesn't really matter too much. lus who is qonna equip a tome anyways or a potion or scroll for that matter the same logic applies to arrows to an extent.

The way to possible fix ai pathfinding would possibly be to make dungons larger and make the narrow corridors two spaces wide instead of one. Thouh quite frankly i'm not sure if that would sovle the issue. It seems like pet pathfinding is wats faulty when you have four pets with the last one or two getting stuck. It'd probably fix the issue by allowing them to be more closer to you.

The hunt ai pathway isn't different from what the monster in the dungeon a;ready do the only difference is the pets will attack any non friendly monsters so it could be easier to implement than the other commands.

the magic command would similarly be easy as all your doing is telling them to use a skill they know which shouldnt be too terribly hard. The move command is similar too they are all basic commands that aren't terribly complex.

Even if you never implement stances due to their complexity those basic commands would definitely be useful.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: CHOWDER: The POWDER roguelike mod (0.6.0) 6/15

Postby DollyFailFail » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:46 am

So, haven't actually started playing the new update yet(which means I don't know if the things I'm asking for aren't actually implemented already), but from reading the changelog I was wondering if you could make it so that we can enable the two types of fulltour separately?

Honestly I'd like it if the digestion timers for the two could be enabled separately too but I understand that that's probably more complicated to do so than I think it is and this is basically just a little gripe from one person who hasn't even seen the feature in action yet so it's not like you have to do it if you've got better things to work on(read: basically anything else).
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Orosaki » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:04 pm

A couple of ideas i had for spells

1. Enlargeent - maes you more difficult to vore. Enlargement increases your size and stomach capacity (stacks with the stomach expansion spell). If minimized is already in ffect enlargement cancels it out.

2. Stomach Stretch can work multiple times on the same creature (up to 4 times)

3. Stomach Shrink - The opposite of stomach stretch.

4. Bellyport -Target is transported into your stomach. Can also be used to teleport vored pets to your belly if they were eaten by a hostile monster.

5. Reversed Bellyport - If you get eaten by something and you're low on health and have a pet that can eat you this transfers you to their stomach allowing a wizardly method of escaping a hostile pred.

6. Bellyport trap - Randomly teleports you into a hostile creatures belly. If there are none that can the trap fails or if the creature in question doesn't have enough stomach capacity..

Possible bugs

Miniaturized state prevents you from voring period even if the other creature in question is also miniaturized. When eating another creature while miniaturized there should be a check to see if the creature in question is also miniaturized.

Definite bug

When you and another creature are vore and miniaturized the textreads you and yourself and instead of you and the creature.. There may be more triggers to it than that or it may just need the other creature to be miniaturized. The creature may also need to be one that you renamed as well.
Last edited by Orosaki on Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Sheights » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:18 pm

Is there any way to change sprites for enemies that have eaten anyone?
Sheights
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby RichardDix » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:57 pm

blackrock215,
Is there a way that I could add new text to some of the vore scenes, (it would be for personal use, since I get burnt out on content very quick).
RichardDix
Somewhat familiar

Postby MellowYellow » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:05 am

Sheights wrote:Is there any way to change sprites for enemies that have eaten anyone?

I think the only way you'd be able to do so is to actually spawn a different character with the same stats and data but with a different sprite. Could be entirely wrong since I have next to no idea how this game's code works but since sprites don't change otherwise I think that'd be the only way.
MellowYellow
Been posting for a bit

Postby Sheights » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:19 am

If he has the source code he also has the ability to do that. If anyone wants to give me the source code to take a look at I can help you with this a bit more. I love vore rogue likes.
Sheights
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Benevorlent » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:27 pm

Orosaki wrote:A couple of ideas i had for spells

It can already, Stomach Stretch increases the target creature's belly capacity by 1 up to a maximum of doubling their capacity. I think the biggest are gold troglodites (the things on the menu screen), which have a normal capacity of 6 and thus a maximum increased capacity of 12. Playing as one's not really possible though as they're 4 squares big, so green dragon is probably second best (4 standard capacity for 8 max and custom vore text)
Benevorlent
Somewhat familiar

Postby Orosaki » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:16 pm

Benevorlent wrote:
Orosaki wrote:A couple of ideas i had for spells

It can already, Stomach Stretch increases the target creature's belly capacity by 1 up to a maximum of doubling their capacity. I think the biggest are gold troglodites (the things on the menu screen), which have a normal capacity of 6 and thus a maximum increased capacity of 12. Playing as one's not really possible though as they're 4 squares big, so green dragon is probably second best (4 standard capacity for 8 max and custom vore text)

I meant like for smaller creatures it can triple the size but large creatures get less use out of it because they can already eat everything. Being able to vore a dragon as an adventurer would be nice. It makes it so they wont be so safe from vore and all that.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Horatius Horatio » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:57 pm

Selfish request regarding the vore timers... could they be customised by menu? And also, an orgasm timer for UB?
Horatius Horatio
Been posting for a bit

Postby vores best friend » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:27 pm

Wow, this game looks like it has a ton of potential. Good shit!
vores best friend
Been posting for a bit

Postby Slayerhero90 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:36 pm

howdy! checked this out a while ago not realizing there wasn't vore-as-plain-human, came back now that there is

stuffed a slug up my ass... when's it sposed to digest, and if it's not going to be able to digest, then is there any way to expel it and do it right?
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game