Favorite Vore "Archetypes"?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Favorite Vore "Archetypes"?

Postby FemmiK » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:54 am

Hello everyone

One thing I've always thought about a bit was the existing of vore "archetypes". And how some show up more than others. I wanted to work on a little project comparing these different archetypes in a way. So I wanted to see which archetypes are everyone's favorites for this project. ^^ I'll do the same with mine and get the list started

-----------

The Friendly Neighborhood Pred (suggested by coop500)

The Glutton
A pred who, through whatever event caused them to start liking vore, becomes obsessed with it. It may start out of necessity, but the pred in question begins to eat purely out of pleasure rather than hunger, or simply because they just can't get rid of their hunger anymore. They'll often stretch their limits just to satiate themselves.

The Pleasure Eater
A sub-type of The Glutton. Unlike the other kinds, The Pleasure Eater has a limit, but are gluttonous in that they'll push past this limit, finding immense pleasure in going over said limit, or in the struggling of more and more prey.

The Bottomless Pit
The quintessential example of The Glutton. These preds more or less don't know the meaning of the word "Full", and if they do, that limit is an extreme one. They're always hungry, and mostly continue eating in an attempt to satisfy this hunger, only stopping via being immobilized by prey, or running out of nearby prey, whichever comes first really (dependent on pred size as well).

The Civilization Ender (suggested by VincentShadowScale)
The highest level of The Glutton. The Civilization Ender is an extreme Glutton who can wipe out entire cities' worth of prey, continuing to find and eat prey to a limit even The Bottomless Pit hits.

The Mystique (suggested by Humbug)

The Reluctant Requester (suggested by Birichino)

The Resourceful Helper (suggested by Birichino)

The Romantic
This kind of pred comes in two notable flavors. The first being generally "safe" preds who don't digest their prey, because their prey is someone they care about, and eating them for short periods of time is an expression of love, care, and intimacy. The other being a pred who typically also has a lover, but their shared interest in vore causes the pred to go out and eat prey to spice up their time in the bed.

The Lovers
The aforementioned "safe" type of pred. These preds don't digest or harm their prey, because their prey tends to be a significant other or someone close to them that they eat for short periods of time as a way of expressing love, care, intimacy, or a desire to protect them. The key element here is the soft and tender feelings surrounding the vore, which are rather quite nice if you ask me ^^

The Voracious Nymph and The Partner in Crime (suggested by smog1)
The other kind of pred that fits this category, but in a much darker way. This pred eats purely for a sexual kind of thrill, one that goes beyond the simple "satisfaction" type pleasure of most preds. To them, vore is just another part of sex, the best part in most cases. Some are lucky enough to find a person who shares this sexual thrill as well, and they form a relationship that has a heavy emphasis on this, usually with The Voracious Nymph finding and eating a prey, to then have sex with The Partner in Crime while the prey is still in tact.

The Black Widow (suggested by Cowrie)

The Smooth Talker (suggested by Birichino)

The Unwilling (suggested by GuiltyWolf)

-----------------

I believe The Glutton kind of pred is my favorite because not only do I like gluttonous characters in general, but it's actually quite interesting in my opinion to think on how this pred's mentality might've developed to this point. Pity I don't really have many opportunities to actually implement this psychological side to my work yet

------------

I'm likely going to compile a list of these for this project, but I don't want to miss out on any particular ones. So if you'd like to list some of your favorite pred and prey archetypes, just comment below! ^^ I'll be updating this list as I get more responses, but it'll take a while at times
Last edited by FemmiK on Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:58 am, edited 5 times in total.
FemmiK
Somewhat familiar

Re: Favorite Vore "Archetypes"?

Postby smog1 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:25 am

The Milf Pred
Or cougar/mature woman Pred.

A pred who, is swallows her whole family or swallows her family and keeps her son alive and forms a romantic sexy relationship with him. Because the milf pred has not been satisfied by her previous husband, either a forced engagement or a poor marriage, she enjoys swallowing other prey after she has consumed her own family and has a high sexual appetite for either her son, her son's friend or a different younger boy/guy.

She can be a glutton, a shy woman, kind and gentle, even very dominant but importantly, she is very motherly. Even when said mature pred lady is in a relationship with a younger guy, she will still act like she is HIS mother.

She will want to be impregnanted by her new lover or son to fill in the void that she has consumed the rest of her children and or spouse. Sometimes she will eat her children once they reach a certain age. Either they are disobedient or say bad things about her and her lover. It would not be surprising if a Mature woman pred decided to swallow her lover's mother and his other family just so that she can have "him" all to herself and no one else.

(does that sound about right? If not I can remove what I have written :P)
smog1
Somewhat familiar

Postby VincentShadowScale » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:29 am

Heh, I definitely fit into that "Glutton" archetype you describe >w>

Though I imagine that there could be an archetype for like another tier above that, where the pred just never stops eating all the time. "Civilization Ender" maybe~
VincentShadowScale
Been posting for a bit

Postby FemmiK » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:36 am

smog1 wrote:The Milf Pred
Or cougar/mature woman Pred.

A pred who, is swallows her whole family or swallows her family and keeps her son alive and forms a romantic sexy relationship with him. Because the milf pred has not been satisfied by her previous husband, either a forced engagement or a poor marriage, she enjoys swallowing other prey after she has consumed her own family and has a high sexual appetite for either her son, her son's friend or a different younger boy/guy.

She can be a glutton, a shy woman, kind and gentle, even very dominant but importantly, she is very motherly. Even when said mature pred lady is in a relationship with a younger guy, she will still act like she is HIS mother.

She will want to be impregnanted by her new lover or son to fill in the void that she has consumed the rest of her children and or spouse. Sometimes she will eat her children once they reach a certain age. Either they are disobedient or say bad things about her and her lover. It would not be surprising if a Mature woman pred decided to swallow her lover's mother and his other family just so that she can have "him" all to herself and no one else.

(does that sound about right? If not I can remove what I have written :P)

I actually love these kind of scenarios quite a bit! I'm honestly surprised I haven't done this kind of scenario yet in my work, but it's definitely in my top 10 favorite kind of vore scenarios
FemmiK
Somewhat familiar

Postby FemmiK » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:38 am

VincentShadowScale wrote:Heh, I definitely fit into that "Glutton" archetype you describe >w>

Though I imagine that there could be an archetype for like another tier above that, where the pred just never stops eating all the time. "Civilization Ender" maybe~

That's definitely a good title for such a pred! ^^ I'll make sure to add it to the list!
FemmiK
Somewhat familiar

Postby Birichino » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:58 pm

Well, I know Friendly Sociopath predators are common. Preds who happily approach prey and talk to them, but usually make no secret of their intentions and have no remorse if they digest, which they usually do.
If I have to see one of them, I prefer the "Resourceful Helper" variant, which has the same friendly demeanor, but resorts to vore to solve some problem (i.e. a mermaid must take a human somewhere, but they'll drown under water and she can't swim on the surface). Helpful preds are sincere in their desire to help, and so only digest if they're too stupid to realize how stomachs work, or if that's ultimately beneficial in their eyes (like in Saftkeur's Paeratopa, where shrunken people can't be regrown, but respawn at full stature if killed).

Another rare type of pred I like is the Reluctant Requester, a very shy, but generally powerful pred who nervously asks prey for consent to eat them. Preds like this often have some risk to getting hungry, such as turning feral, which prevents them from choosing starvation, and an overly willing prey could actually bully them to a degree.

I think my favorite overall, though, is the Smooth Talker. I've said this elsewhere, but a Smooth Talker teases in an indirect way, enjoying their position of superiority, and may make deals to manipulate their prey's behaviour, but will generally subvert expectations. If they promised an agonizing death, it's actually safe; if the deal is accepted on nothing but vague hope, they'll still honor it. Their focus is deeply on the prey, with eating just being a preferred method of teasing them.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Mostly another plane of existence, sometimes Canada

Postby Cowrie » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:18 pm

I've got another version of the romantic for you. I'd call it "The Black Widow", a predator who eats their mate fatally, but it's still willing, with the couple either viewing it as a way to become one, or it could be a sacrifice on the part of a male prey to nourish the young of a pregnant predator mate. Distinct from the other forms of romantic in that if the predator regularly does this, it's a sort of serial monogamy, but more often, it's a one-time event. The predator in this scenario may be more reluctant than the prey, but they can also both be equally eager, or the prey may have a few misgivings.
I am open for art commissions or trades! See here for details.
Cowrie
???

Postby coop500 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:45 pm

My favorite isn't on the list, but that's okay it's understandable. If I may suggest it regardless...

"Friendly Neighborhood Pred"
This predator is purely or at least mostly a safe vore pred, devouring people in need of a safe, warm place to stay or to keep them out of harm's way while they deal with a threat. They may keep their prey overnight before releasing them or maybe just long enough for the danger to pass. On occasion they may also keep some prey for much longer, namely homeless prey or prey stuck in a bad home and could use a break, while the predator could use the full belly and warm snack. Generally they mean no harm to those they devour, but might snatch either willing or unwilling depending on the situation at hand and if they have time to explain or not.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby FemmiK » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:27 am

coop500 wrote:My favorite isn't on the list, but that's okay it's understandable. If I may suggest it regardless...

"Friendly Neighborhood Pred"
This predator is purely or at least mostly a safe vore pred, devouring people in need of a safe, warm place to stay or to keep them out of harm's way while they deal with a threat. They may keep their prey overnight before releasing them or maybe just long enough for the danger to pass. On occasion they may also keep some prey for much longer, namely homeless prey or prey stuck in a bad home and could use a break, while the predator could use the full belly and warm snack. Generally they mean no harm to those they devour, but might snatch either willing or unwilling depending on the situation at hand and if they have time to explain or not.

You don't have to worry about your favorite type being on the list or not ^^ This post is to compile this list together, so your suggestion will now be added. Thank you very kindly ^^
FemmiK
Somewhat familiar

Postby Humbug » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:29 am

How about The Mystique?

The type of predator who sort of appears out of nowhere and is hard to read. They're often gentle or playful while remaining aloof. A lot of people make these types of preds giggle as if they know something the prey doesn't know, but that's not a prerequisite. They also often have hypnosis abilities of some sort, but, again, not a strict prerequisite.

An example would be Kaa, or the typical depiction of a kitsune from folklore. Fey creatures are good for this too.
Humbug
---

Postby GuiltyWolf » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:31 am

My favorite is a rather rare one for ya. The unwilling predator either forced or on accident and possibly being unable to get them out again. I prefer the stuck inside outcome but getting them back out is good too. I especially like it when it's dual typed with the lovers or romantic type.
GuiltyWolf
New to the forum

Postby RedBoggle » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:40 am

I've got a few too:

"Cat & Mouse" preds would be a general term for preds that like to toy with their prey, physically or psychologically, because it's fun for them. Their motivations can vary from sociopathy to consensual foreplay to being a willing participant in the requests of their prey, who may be acting the part if that's the case.

Punch-Clock preds would mostly, possibly entirely, prey on others as part of a job. They can love it, hate it or feel apathetic to it, but their predation is how they earn a living. The most likely example would probably be assassins.

Lunch Break preds don't get paid to eat and might even get in trouble for it depending on the leniency of their management. These preds are prone to go on unrealistically long "lunch breaks" (or some other work related excuse, if even necessary at all) when given the proper motivation by their workers, co-workers, customers, students and/or anyone who their line of work would give them interaction with. They may even use their job to premeditate their feasting.
RedBoggle
Somewhat familiar

Postby stearwing » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:29 am

You seem to have a lot of very, very hungry or very, very sadistic preds - may I introduce an alternate approach:
A predator who fancies himself a scalpel in a world where other preds are clubs - seemingly weak and fragile, but extremely quick and precise, far easier to hide and no less dangerous. Someone whose actions might never be found out and linked to any crimes, giving his victims no names and their loved ones no closure, creating no spectacular police cases, merely padding the disappearance statistics. The stuff of urban legends, not of running for your life from a very concrete threat.

Instructions to reproduce:
Eat very little compared to most of the preds you've listed. Pick your targets carefully. Plan ahead. Make it a clean kill and clean getaway. Dispose of your prey, if you need to, someplace their remains can't be found. Train between hunts, both to get rid of incriminating fat and to stay in shape for maximum efficiency.
Avoid any kind of emotional involvement with your prey, including any desires to "humiliate" or "dominate" them. Try not to steal from your prey, if you can. Hunt for survival, self-empowerment or, at most, the thrill of being able to disappear anyone you wish. Hunt regularly, but not every day. Move around a lot if you can. Avoid patterns, and under no circumstances taunt your victims' relatives, let alone the police.

In short, this kind of predator is a calculating killing machine rather than an impulse-controlled serial murderer. That's not to say, of course, that it cannot enjoy the hunt - but that enjoyment will not affect its behaviour while planning and executing said hunt.
I'm a dragon.
I eat people. I digest people. I shit people.
I do other things, too.
It's a living.
stearwing
Participator

Postby Michael Palic » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:39 am

Some of my favorites that I use in roleplays often.

The Novice: A predator who is very new to vore. They've never eaten anybody before. Due to over protective parents, shyness, or maybe they don't know vore is possible. Maybe they've swallowed some large objects, so they know they have the ability to swallow people whole, but they haven't actually tried to eat somebody. These predators are clumsy and make mistakes while eating people. Unless there's somebody there to teach them, they'll keep on making rookie mistakes until somebody sets them straight. They might pick up odd little habits that seemed to work once so they keep doing it over and over because they think it's a part of eating people. Willing prey are their favorite because they put up little to no struggle. Unwilling prey are their least favorite for obvious reasons. Novice predators also feel full levels of pleasure when participating in the more exotic and kinky forms of vore. Their body hasn't gotten used to shoving a person up your ass or down their shaft and the pleasure is still immense.
Another important aspect is that the predator doesn't know how to not digest prey. They haven't yet gained enough skill to prolong or halt digestion (or speed it up), so anybody unfortunate enough to slide into them probably isn't coming back out without the use of magic (on the prey's end).

The Helpless Vore-mantic: That person who is looking for that 'special someone' the person who they can love and who will love them back unconditionally. Except, with a voracious twist. They're looking for that special someone who they can eat or who can eat them, no strings attached. But this special pred/prey they're looking for also needs to be good relationship material, the ideal boyfriend/girlfriend in their mind. They are constantly swooning over every good looking guy or gal they see, asking them out and obsessing over them until they find a trait that they deem unattractive, abandoning them (or digesting them) and looking for another potential mate.
The helpless vore-mantic is basically the early stage of the romantic, before they find their lover to safely vore each other.

The Naive Predator: A predator who doesn't know how the civilized world works. Maybe they're an alien, or a tribal from the forest where the rules literally were 'eat or be eaten.' But now they're in civilized society and they don't realize it is wrong to eat people without their consent. They're not eating people to be mean, sexual, or cruel. They're eating people because they're hungry and it's how they were raised to sate their hunger. Too tell them otherwise would bewilder and confuse them. They'll eat people in public, right in the middle of the street. They may have strange habits to gloat or show off such as belching or rubbing their round bellies against people. The naive predator might also dispose of their prey openly and disgustingly. Animals don't hide themselves when they poop, why would a shameless predator do so?

The Accidental: Could be done for either predator or prey, but a general idea where somebody is so clumsy they manage to eat or be eaten by someone. Jumping off a diving board into the mouth of a yawning woman, going down a water slide into the butt of a swimmer in the wrong place at the right time, or maybe even they use a spell they don't realize will teleport them into somebody's belly or somebody else into their own. Ideas where vore is not intentional but it is a welcome surprise.

The Innocent Prey: I really enjoy scenes or stories where the prey is not who the predator thinks they are. The basic idea to convey the scene well; a predatory bounty hunter is searching for a black wolf anthro they know frequents a specific bar. Without a photograph and only a physical description; they see a wolf who matches the general description and just get to nomming. Maybe they start to digest, or maybe they just carry them around until they can claim the bounty. But once they reach the bounty office they find out that somebody else has already claimed the bounty. And the person in their belly is an innocent wolf who just looked like the villainous wolf! There could be plenty of scenes of mistaken identity; eating somebody who looks like your friend from the back, mistaken prey for mean guy the predator hates, predator jumps to conclusions and assumes prey is trying to steal or mug them, eating a prey who's simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. My favorite part in all these scenes will have the predator realizing they ate the wrong person at some point, either after, before, or during digestion. Will the predator feel remorseful and apologetic? Or maybe they won't care and will continue to gurgle their prey.
Michael Palic
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chameleonette » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:40 am

I don't see my favorite/preferred type on the list here, so I'll throw it in---

The Possessive Pred/ Single-Target Pred - As the name would imply, they become focused on one prey and go through whatever means they have to in order to get them, utterly consume them, and completely encompass them inside of themselves (whether fatal/digestion or not). Fear-play and betrayal work really well with this type of pred (also being driven by love or even rejection) depending on their relationship (or lack thereof) to the prey. They like to get to know their prey first and are often a lot less gluttonous than hungry preds whose focus tends to be just filling their guts. These preds can often be charming (such as gentlemen) or two-faced, luring their prey or be sneaky/unnerving like stalkers. But they develop an almost obsessive need to have their prey all to themselves and are prone to things like jealousy. They can either be patient and take their time cornering their prey or luring them or be sparked by an absolute need to have their prey at all costs and lose control until they have what they want. They can be anything from strangers to friends, coworkers, lovers, spouses----all sorts of pred/prey dynamics work with this.
Passionate advocate of M/F vore.

My RP Seeking Thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=35501
Chameleonette
---

Postby Miridium » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:42 am

I don't have a name for this archetype but I'll describe it as best I can. Feel free to give your own name for it.

This particular archetype enjoys eating people immensely but not in a sadistic way. To them it's fun, thrilling, mildly sexual, and a form of domination fantasy. Yet they never eat people who are unwilling. Only consenting. It's not really romantic or loving either. For them it's no different than eating food. Except better. They do digest their prey as well. Once swallowed they're not coming back up. In that sense it's domination, what with making the prey's body their own.

French_Snack has written a ton of characters that fit this description. I wish more people wrote about them.

So yeah I hope this description makes sense. I'd love to know what name you guys think it should have.
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby belchingprincess » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:33 pm

God I love all variants of the glutton archetype, especially the more extreme ones. I also love when they fall under the loud and obnoxious archetype where they just let out extreme belches constantly, sometimes by force just to annoy others or assert that they're the top of the food chain. And if they find sexual pleasure out of eating, that's even better tbh...

I'm very much the enormous glutton who gets sexual pleasure out of eating, especially people, and loves to just. Belch as loud as humanly possible to assert dominance or just cus it's attractive. Feed me a planet of cute girls, honestly, I'm game for that... I have no limits!
belchingprincess
Been posting for a bit

Postby DirtyMac » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:45 am

Celebrity preds: Hollywood ripe with predatory stars, with mass amount of fans begging to be eaten. While Reformation would be preferred in this context, not necessary.

Feeder mate: Loves to feed their lover with others. Be it friends, family, or even total strangers. Bonus if they ultimately feed themselves to their mate.

Casual part of life: Be it something as a simple request, attractiom or wanting some nutrition or fuel for something, people gladly let others eat them. Why? Well why not?

Not sure if I have any others to think of at the moment.
DirtyMac
Somewhat familiar

Postby belchingprincess » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:10 am

FSM wrote:Celebrity preds: Hollywood ripe with predatory stars, with mass amount of fans begging to be eaten. While Reformation would be preferred in this context, not necessary.

Feeder mate: Loves to feed their lover with others. Be it friends, family, or even total strangers. Bonus if they ultimately feed themselves to their mate.

Casual part of life: Be it something as a simple request, attractiom or wanting some nutrition or fuel for something, people gladly let others eat them. Why? Well why not?

Not sure if I have any others to think of at the moment.

Feeder mate is a really really good one, especially if its mutual and they feed each other! Makes me wish I had a girlfriend willing to just. Stuff me full of as many people as she wanted or I wanted. And I could do the same to her. Two Bottomless Pits!

Also is like, in terms of relationships in vore, there's so many dynamics you could go for. Just the meek prey who's ultimately attracted to this big powerhouse of a pred, or my favorite is when they're both like, the same level in the food chain. Like either two preds who love to eat for pleasure and often make sure the other is well fed with others (even themselves on the rare occassion if they're in love enough), or two bottom of the food chain lovers who just actively put each other in other people's stomachs all the time cus they know how much they'll enjoy it. Vore is great, I didn't realize how much I missed it all those months. Repressing like all your sexual urges is difficult as hell. Don't advice doing it. Anyway that's enough from me for now.
belchingprincess
Been posting for a bit

Postby Cowrie » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:58 am

Michael Palic wrote:The Novice: A predator who is very new to vore. They've never eaten anybody before. Due to over protective parents, shyness, or maybe they don't know vore is possible. Maybe they've swallowed some large objects, so they know they have the ability to swallow people whole, but they haven't actually tried to eat somebody. These predators are clumsy and make mistakes while eating people. Unless there's somebody there to teach them, they'll keep on making rookie mistakes until somebody sets them straight. They might pick up odd little habits that seemed to work once so they keep doing it over and over because they think it's a part of eating people. Willing prey are their favorite because they put up little to no struggle. Unwilling prey are their least favorite for obvious reasons. Novice predators also feel full levels of pleasure when participating in the more exotic and kinky forms of vore. Their body hasn't gotten used to shoving a person up your ass or down their shaft and the pleasure is still immense.
Another important aspect is that the predator doesn't know how to not digest prey. They haven't yet gained enough skill to prolong or halt digestion (or speed it up), so anybody unfortunate enough to slide into them probably isn't coming back out without the use of magic (on the prey's end).

This reminds me of another favorite of mine, albeit not one I find myself using very often: "The Mentor", an experienced predator that enjoys taking novice predators under their wing to show them the ropes, or even introduces potential predators to the experience of eating someone for the first time. Personality can be gentle and caring (to other preds, if not necessarily their prey) or more domineering with a tendency to tell novice predators stuff like, "Get on with it, already!" More caring examples often act as much as emotional support as teachers to new preds, comforting them as they struggle to cope with what they've done.

A minor variant of the mentor is "The Instructor", a member of a culture or species where predation is widely accepted who teaches younger predators as their job, or at least part of it, in a more formal educational setting. More likely to work with a group of students, as opposed to the typical mentor that usually focuses their energies on a single pupil. Because of this, they are typically more professional and less familiar in their interactions with novice predators. Also more likely to eat the occasional student, since there are always more, though this depends on the setting.
I am open for art commissions or trades! See here for details.
Cowrie
???

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion