Insatiable Realm Of Piggish Gorging (IRoPG), extremely WIP

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Insatiable Realm Of Piggish Gorging (IRoPG), extremely WIP

Postby Ngasta » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:54 pm

EDIT: Alas, this game is on hold, for now. It's too ambitious for me. I'm working on this instead https://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=54369

Hey, I'm trying to make a vore game. It's going to be a free RPG made with pyglet with a focus on somewhat pedantic simulation and a good deal of player freedom. This is partly a novice programming project, and partly an earnest attempt at creating the kind of vore game which I would personally like to see. I don't have anything to show right now, but I'm thinking I will have something by August 5th ( just an arbitrary goal to work towards). Right now the player can move around in a testing town, and purchase and eat food. I'm very happy to announce that Picasso himself is doing the art
picasso.png
picasso.png (11.94 KiB) Viewed 4842 times
These are just placeholders to get a general idea. Everything is going to be either public domain (like the player sprite) or made by me (oh no). For practical reasons, I'm thinking that the graphics will be fairly limited, i.e. you will be able to see your position on the local map graphically, while various options and information will display as text in another window. Here's some general information on what is planned:

*Will take place in an "original" fantasy world, where vore plays a large part. Humans, who cannot (usually) be predators, are stranded in their city Lodestone, surrounded by hostile races on all sides.

*Can toggle male or female predators on or off. There might even be a different storyline depending on the setting, in order to have things make more sense.

*Simple turn-based combat, with the important feature of being able to eat or be eaten while in combat.

*The player has a rare blessing which gives them increased hunger and enables their mouth to stretch far beyond normal. But this alone doesn't let them eat people! So the game will have more of a focus on the player being a predator, but you could just as well play as an exclusive prey.

*A large emphasis is on stretching the player's stomach capacity with various types of food, eventually working up towards being able to eat creatures and people. There might be a realistic mode where you will have to increase your character's size in order to increase your capacity past a certain point, and another mode where capacity growth is unlimited.

*The player is a human, but they can transform into other races later on. Humans are generally weak, and rely on their advanced technology to keep monstrous predators at bay.

*The city of Lodestone is the game's hub, where the player can purchase food and equipment. Later on, they can venture outside into the wilderness for more risk and reward, and potentially surreptitiously prey on the city's citizens (yum).

*Characters have the boring stats of STR, DEX, and END, which work about as expected. They also have stomach capacity, digestion rate, mouth size, etc.

*One of the more unusual stats is Etiquette. Each race has a starting value, ranging from the refined elves to the crude goblins, which can be changed by your actions. High Etiquette boosts persuasion and Pure magic, while low Etiquette boosts shamanistic, "corrupt" magic based around digestion. Once your etiquette is sufficiently low, it will become hard to be accepted in Keystone. It's kind of similar to the purity/corruption mechanic in Fable.

*Another more "unique" game mechanic is gas tracking. Different races accumulate gas at different rates, which can be released by belching. It also adds to fullness, making bloating an effective way of stretching out one's stomach.
Depending on various factors (largely etiquette) the player can become something of a walking bio-weapon.

*Low etiquette characters are slightly encouraged to be evil, but it is actually separate. So you could be a foul goblin who is actually good, or a pure elf who preys on innocents.

I know this sounds like a whole lot of nothing, but I'm spending a lot of time on this and will hopefully have something to release soon-ish. My main reason for posting this so early is to kind of pressure myself to get some kind of prototype out there quickly. To be honest, I think there's a very good chance that it will reach a point where I will have to start over with a different approach.

Any suggestions, ideas or criticisms are very welcome! I'll keep tabs of my progress here, even if just to say that there is no progress.
Last edited by Ngasta on Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ngasta
Been posting for a bit

Re: Insatiable Realm Of Piggish Gorging (IRoPG), extremely W

Postby vgove » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:14 pm

hey i like the idea
vgove
Participator

Postby Datstrudel » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:56 pm

This sounds great! I can't wait to see how it turns out.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TheVoreEngineer » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:35 am

This, actually sounds really interesting. Also nice to see a project that isn't an RPG maker game, this could be really good. Can't wait to see how it goes! :)
Come check out my stuff!
The Aussie words man who just keeps coming back apparently.
TheVoreEngineer
Participator

Postby rabidPsionic » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:15 pm

I'm not too fond of RPGs, but this one seems interesting! I'll be sure to tell you any problems I see with the game.
As unqualified as I may be.
rabidPsionic
Been posting for a bit

Postby Revx_Z » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:48 pm

Good luck!
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby FutureBellyAche » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:11 pm

I always knew Picasso had a vore fetish.
FutureBellyAche
Participator

Postby Jazzumness » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:39 am

sounds great really
the important part is you already have ideas for solid ways to role play as a character the player wants to be
do you have ideas for other races, and will they have their own special stats?
Jazzumness
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ngasta » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:56 pm

Hey everybody, I really appreciate the interest!

I think my earlier plan of having something to show (that is, something which could be somewhat downloaded and played without jumping through hoops) by next week was a bit too optimistic. So I'm going to try my best to get something playable finished by August 5th. That's really just a goal to work towards, but I think it's a reasonable timeframe to have a very rough prototype by.

When it comes to other races, there will definitely be goblins, ogres, elves, and cowtaurs (I'm a big fan of them, heh). The races aren't going to be original, per se, but I have lots of ideas about ways they could be more fleshed out as part of the game, in a way that I think would be really cool. For example, elves have an incredibly slow and efficient digestive system, letting an elf survive on a single human for over a year. They generally feed solely off of criminals who have been sentenced to death, and view eating another sentient as a sort of spiritual act, and disdain all types of immoderacy and indecency. They are the most skilled in pure magic. The gimmick I have in mind for the elves is that as they give into gluttony and eat more than required (and also lower their etiquette), they will gradually transform into some monstrous type of apex predator. Basically an ogre but with the amazing agility of an elf, and the added bonus of cumbersome sword-like claws. They might even prey on magic users specifically, making them even more of a foil for elves. That is, the fallen elves would be strong, nearly immune to magic, with a lightning fast yet inefficient metabolism.

Anyhow, I would love to hear people's ideas, no matter how strange or hard to implement. What kind of stuff would you like to see in a vore game?
Ngasta
Been posting for a bit

Postby sizehunter » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:07 pm

Perhaps a method that would allow you to change races during a playthrough... For instance, you find a member of a predatory race, get on really good terms with her, and possibly go inside the pred, but not for digestion... More a rebirth.
sizehunter
Participator

Postby vgove » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:48 pm

you can make it so you can sneak up on enames to eat them without a fight :gulp:
vgove
Participator

Postby Jazzumness » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:10 am

The corruption is really neat, cant wait to see how it applies to other races.
As what I would like to see, maybe a story line for being the average hero and not committing any crimes.
but also a story line that you can follow if you start eating a lot of people and become corrupted
Jazzumness
Somewhat familiar

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:57 pm

I love the idea too.
A link to a fun game I love playing: http://www.blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/

Be sure to say that ParaYumi refered you when you register for it. That's me.
Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Return to Vore game