Pilum's MUGEN Showcase

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Pilum's MUGEN Showcase

Postby Orbstuffed » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:25 pm

Wasn't there one already in 2016? From the looks of things this "new" one is only just 1.1 compatible.
Just an orb tum lover. You can call me Orbi if you'd like.
No, my icon isn't a self-portrait, she's just a character I made. Her name's Rosetta, BTW.
Orbstuffed
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AmarthTheRiolu » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:49 am

There was?
Got my Discord username after all, so false alarm!
AmarthTheRiolu
Somewhat familiar

Postby Orbstuffed » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:31 am

...oh, wait, it was just a regular +18 edit, no vore.
No, my icon isn't a self-portrait, she's just a character I made. Her name's Rosetta, BTW.
Orbstuffed
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Pilum » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:58 pm

I just looked at the download page for that Harmir edit. Apparently Teaf (the creator of Fanatail) is rather upset about the edit appearing on the archive, and asked to speak to the uploader of the edit. No further information, yet, but be careful with making Fanatail edits until we know Teaf's stance. Worst case scenario, it might mean the removal of Teaf's characters from their website and no further support, updates, or new characters.

EDIT: See below.

Cheers.
Last edited by Pilum on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pilum
Participator

Postby Orbstuffed » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:06 pm

Removal of characters?
From the Mugen Archive, of all places?
With a delusional asshole like Dizzy in charge, you'd be better off scraping moss off of a decrepit ship with your bare hands, 'cause that ship's gonna be preserving that moss 'till the day it dies.

But yeah, it's a bit unfortunate...Teaf said directly to me on discord a while back that they're okay with edits (vorish or otherwise) so long as it's done with permission from the original author themselves, and considering most of the fanatail vore edits out there are done without their consent...well, you can see why they're upset. Frankly, I'd be just as upset if I was in their shoes, if you could tell by the...reaction I had when some of my normal M.U.G.E.N creations got edited or uploaded in certain places by people I didn't like.
Orbstuffed
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Pilum » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:09 pm

DylaniusTheKirby wrote:Removal of characters?
From the Mugen Archive, of all places?
With a delusional asshole like Dizzy in charge, you'd be better off scraping moss off of a decrepit ship with your bare hands, 'cause that ship's gonna be preserving that moss 'till the day it dies.

But yeah, it's a bit unfortunate...Teaf said directly to me on discord a while back that they're okay with edits (vorish or otherwise) so long as it's done with permission from the original author themselves, and considering most of the fanatail vore edits out there are done without their consent...well, you can see why they're upset.

Would you know how I could contact Teaf? I may plan to make an edit of their characters or even just use their graphical effects eventually.

Might I clarify, I meant removal of Teaf's character's from Teaf's own website, not the archive.
Pilum
Participator

Postby Orbstuffed » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:19 pm

Pilum wrote:Would you know how I could contact Teaf? I may plan to make an edit of their characters or even just use their graphical effects eventually.

Well, as stated, they contacted me on discord, so...they have one of those.
As for graphical effects...I think their hitsparks HAVE been used before by other characters, most notably FelixMario2011's Oshawott and Snivy (That I, and in the case of Snivy, an anonymous "benefactor", ended up editing, hope you don't mind the plug).

Pilum wrote:Might I clarify, I meant removal of Teaf's character's from Teaf's own website, not the archive.

...oh. Sorry that I kinda misunderstood.
Orbstuffed
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Pilum » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:52 pm

DylaniusTheKirby wrote:Well, as stated, they contacted me on discord, so...they have one of those.
As for graphical effects...I think their hitsparks HAVE been used before by other characters, most notably FelixMario2011's Oshawott and Snivy (That I, and in the case of Snivy, an anonymous "benefactor", ended up editing, hope you don't mind the plug).

Pilum wrote:Might I clarify, I meant removal of Teaf's character's from Teaf's own website, not the archive.

...oh. Sorry that I kinda misunderstood.

No worries. I'm not too fond of the archive either, the administration seems tyrannical from a distance. I noticed my edits pop up there out of nowhere, too, which made me a little upset. Though I don't have rights over any of these edits, they're not high-quality characters, and my author status wasn't replaced.
Pilum
Participator

Postby AmarthTheRiolu » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:59 am

Dizzy a jerk? Yeah, I know firsthand. That joey wacko uploaded my Girafarig with an insulting description, and all he did was disable the vore move. I tried asking him, then demanding as the, to remove the edit. Finally, after asking around (including Endercreeper) and getting transferred up one level after another, I came to Dizzy. His/Her/Its ultimatum:

"If you think about it, the format of MUGEN creations is completely open source for a reason, it was meant to allow everyone to edit anything to fit their tastes and desires. Forbidding such edits would be going against the whole spirit of MUGEN.
"The only thing I can help you with is proper credits, we ask our users to kindly credit legitimate authors to the best of their knowledge. But it seems like you've been credited already."

Although, if you think about it, this does mean essentially that you should be able to edit characters without need of their permission, right? Of course, then get ready for every other good Pokémon character that comes out hereafter to not be released out of the author's fears of the character getting edited.

And thank you for the heads-up. I'll wait a while for Teaf to cool his head, then I'll ask him about my own edit.
Got my Discord username after all, so false alarm!
AmarthTheRiolu
Somewhat familiar

Postby drpolice » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:13 am

Ah, MUGEN Archive. I've also has my stuff posted there, sure, but I can't say I'm too bothered by it. I think it's part of the whole deal with sharing things online. Once it's visible to the public, you basically release it to the wild and can expect that things might happen that are out of your control. I can't say it's such a bad thing, honestly, I'd rather give out control over it so others are able to enjoy things and fit them to their tastes as much as they'd like so they can have more fun with it (heh, that's a recurring theme on my two posts at this point) than worry about people doing something I don't like, but I know that I'm basically going against the rest of the folks here so I'd better stop here.
drpolice
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:06 pm

drpolice wrote:Ah, MUGEN Archive. I've also has my stuff posted there, sure, but I can't say I'm too bothered by it. I think it's part of the whole deal with sharing things online. Once it's visible to the public, you basically release it to the wild and can expect that things might happen that are out of your control. I can't say it's such a bad thing, honestly, I'd rather give out control over it so others are able to enjoy things and fit them to their tastes as much as they'd like so they can have more fun with it (heh, that's a recurring theme on my two posts at this point) than worry about people doing something I don't like, but I know that I'm basically going against the rest of the folks here so I'd better stop here.

I agree wholeheartedly! The internet as a whole, is a beast to not be taken lightly, if you think you can upload something, and keep it to yourself in your own personal little pen. I have a bit of bad news... people are going to find a way to break through your fences, for LOADS of reasons, including: Just because they can. Beware ye uploader.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Pilum » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:41 pm

drpolice wrote:Ah, MUGEN Archive. I've also has my stuff posted there, sure, but I can't say I'm too bothered by it. I think it's part of the whole deal with sharing things online. Once it's visible to the public, you basically release it to the wild and can expect that things might happen that are out of your control. I can't say it's such a bad thing, honestly, I'd rather give out control over it so others are able to enjoy things and fit them to their tastes as much as they'd like so they can have more fun with it (heh, that's a recurring theme on my two posts at this point) than worry about people doing something I don't like, but I know that I'm basically going against the rest of the folks here so I'd better stop here.

That's been roughly my stance on it the whole time. When I was making the original NT edits before joining it was mostly to see how I could experiment with MUGEN. I considered just dropping her after fixing her up, but it seems posting her here started an eventual chain of improvements on her, hopefully a better edit or two in the future. If I get off my lazy ass and try to make the sprites for a better vore edit, I hope I could add something functionally new and inspire better vore edits than the usual static pose copy-paste ones. If I put out better edits, maybe others will, too.

Cheers.
Pilum
Participator

Postby JackHereTheRealOne » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:16 pm

Pilum wrote:
That's been roughly my stance on it the whole time. When I was making the original NT edits before joining it was mostly to see how I could experiment with MUGEN. I considered just dropping her after fixing her up, but it seems posting her here started an eventual chain of improvements on her, hopefully a better edit or two in the future. If I get off my lazy ass and try to make the sprites for a better vore edit, I hope I could add something functionally new and inspire better vore edits than the usual static pose copy-paste ones. If I put out better edits, maybe others will, too.

Cheers.

That, or folks will wait around for you to do everything, since that is much easier to do. However, it's nice to stay optimistic about influencing others.
JackHereTheRealOne
Participator

Postby Miyoko » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:02 am

So uh... Could someone explain to me why this is happening? It works fine otherwise, it just... Has that picture up front that never goes away.
Attachments
delete me.png
Miyoko
New to the forum

Postby Pilum » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:38 pm

Miyoko wrote:So uh... Could someone explain to me why this is happening? It works fine otherwise, it just... Has that picture up front that never goes away.

What version of MUGEN are you running?
Pilum
Participator

Postby Miyoko » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:23 am

Win Mugen 1.0 / Queen of Fighters. It's a bit old sure, but the character still works fine otherwise.
Miyoko
New to the forum

Postby Pilum » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:49 pm

Miyoko wrote:Win Mugen 1.0 / Queen of Fighters. It's a bit old sure, but the character still works fine otherwise.

What you're seeing is Yuuka's animation 30000. Some setups may try to be looking for an animation of the same ID, and are pulling that one instead. Use Fighter Factory to remove animation 30000 or renumber it, it's just used for a cut-in for one of her supers.

Cheers.
Pilum
Participator

Postby deleted25bjs8 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:08 am

Odd question, how do you activate NT-Mama's level two super unbirth move? Every time I do the command with max bars it just does the level one version.
deleted25bjs8
New to the forum

Postby MellowYellow » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:15 am

HeadRebel wrote:Odd question, how do you activate NT-Mama's level two super unbirth move? Every time I do the command with max bars it just does the level one version.

Same problem here, and I'm pretty sure I'm doing the command properly.
MellowYellow
Been posting for a bit

Postby Pilum » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:36 pm

MellowYellow wrote:
HeadRebel wrote:Odd question, how do you activate NT-Mama's level two super unbirth move? Every time I do the command with max bars it just does the level one version.

Same problem here, and I'm pretty sure I'm doing the command properly.

Are you pressing two buttons at once, just to make sure? Command seems to be running fine for me.
Pilum
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game