How did Vore Day 8/8 originated?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

How did Vore Day 8/8 originated?

Postby Libra1202 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:44 pm

**English not my first language**
Well, although Im new to the fórums, I'm not new to the vore community, and a question has always bugged me, where does vore day come from? or its just a clever date pun and everyone agreed to make it the vore day?
Libra1202
Been posting for a bit

Re: How did Vore Day 8/8 originated?

Postby RealZikik » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:58 pm

Idk the full story I just know it has to do with the whole 8/8 = ate/ate
RealZikik
Participator

Postby Barghest236 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:03 pm

The most detailed explanation I've heard is that it started as a Japanese pun on Pixiv. The Japanese term for vore -- "marunomi" -- can also read as "only circles", and "8/8" is a bunch of circles. Plus, "eight eight" translated to Japanese supposedly sounds like a gurgling stomach.

The fact that the date is also coincidentally "ate ate" probably helped the holiday catch on.
"Welcome to the Corley Institute! Interns will please refrain from provoking the Manticore Thistles, as antidote supplies are currently limited."
Barghest236
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dekkard2 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:25 pm

Barghest236 wrote:The most detailed explanation I've heard is that it started as a Japanese pun on Pixiv. The Japanese term for vore -- "marunomi" -- can also read as "only circles", and "8/8" is a bunch of circles. Plus, "eight eight" translated to Japanese supposedly sounds like a gurgling stomach.

The fact that the date is also coincidentally "ate ate" probably helped the holiday catch on.

Hachi doesn't really sound like a stomach. Eighty eight I believe would be hachi-juu-hachi. I'm not a native speaker of Japanese but I did study a bit of it.
I am open for commissions
https://aryion.com/g4/userpage.commissi ... d=Dekkard2
PM me if you're interested and we can work something out
Dekkard2
---

Postby Barghest236 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:25 pm

Dekkard2 wrote:
Barghest236 wrote:The most detailed explanation I've heard is that it started as a Japanese pun on Pixiv. The Japanese term for vore -- "marunomi" -- can also read as "only circles", and "8/8" is a bunch of circles. Plus, "eight eight" translated to Japanese supposedly sounds like a gurgling stomach.

Hachi doesn't really sound like a stomach. Eighty eight I believe would be hachi-juu-hachi. I'm not a native speaker of Japanese but I did study a bit of it.

You're right, eighty-eight (88) is hachi-juu-hachi. But just the numbers eight-eight (8/8) is hachihachi, which is just two accent marks from pachipachi, which is an onomatopoeic sputtering sound.

Or this could all be a logical stretch and total nonsense. I have no idea if this sound even applies to a stomach. I read a claim that "8/8 is a pun on the sound of a growling stomach" and had to fill in the blanks myself.

At least the "marunomi" explanation seems legit.
"Welcome to the Corley Institute! Interns will please refrain from provoking the Manticore Thistles, as antidote supplies are currently limited."
Barghest236
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dekkard2 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:11 am

No worries. :D
I am open for commissions
https://aryion.com/g4/userpage.commissi ... d=Dekkard2
PM me if you're interested and we can work something out
Dekkard2
---

Postby StarPasta » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:44 pm

Barghest236 wrote:You're right, eighty-eight (88) is hachi-juu-hachi. But just the numbers eight-eight (8/8) is hachihachi, which is just two accent marks from pachipachi, which is an onomatopoeic sputtering sound.

Or this could all be a logical stretch and total nonsense. I have no idea if this sound even applies to a stomach. I read a claim that "8/8 is a pun on the sound of a growling stomach" and had to fill in the blanks myself.

At least the "marunomi" explanation seems legit.

Yeah sputtering is more of a harsh choking sound than anything or at least I think so.
I'll never have a clue what i'm doing.
StarPasta
New to the forum

Postby dcvfgb1234 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:05 am

RealZikik wrote:Idk the full story I just know it has to do with the whole 8/8 = ate/ate

And that isn't why it's called that. XD

It's that Japanese thing. Whether it only is the all circles or the growl thing too, I can't remember, but it's the Japanese thing. It was stated so when it first started being a thing 7 or 8 years ago.
dcvfgb1234
Been posting for a bit

Return to General Vore Discussion