I can't upload any writing!

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

I can't upload any writing!

Postby TheSkarrd » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:24 am

I'm trying to upload a new story, but I keep getting errors when I try to save it. I've gotten these three so far:

"Warning: Converting your document to HTML has failed."

"Failed to save uploaded file."

"exception 'Exception' with message 'Failed to write converted HTML text to file 474752-70658-thumb.auto.txt' in /home/aryion/public_html/g4/itemaction.php:877
Stack trace:
#0 /home/aryion/public_html/g4/itemaction.php(621): genScrollingThumbnail('/home/aryion/pu...', '/home/aryion/pu...')
#1 /home/aryion/public_html/g4/itemaction.php(417): setItemFile(Object(GalleryUser), 474752, Array)
#2 /home/aryion/public_html/g4/itemaction.php(261): addNewItem(Object(GalleryUser), 461582, 'Catatonic', 'test', Array, 'ALL', 'USER', false)
#3 {main}"

I even tried uploading the document for my previous story, which uploaded successfully when I originally wrote it, and I got the same set of error messages. It's the same format as my new story (.docx).

The first story I uploaded using a win7 laptop, but now I've upgraded to a win10 PC, so that could be part of the problem. Except I've also tried uploading the file using my phone, and I get the same errors.

Can anyone help me?
TheSkarrd
New to the forum

Re: I can't upload any writing!

Postby Achenar » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:32 am

... Interesting. Staring at that last message, it almost looks like the site is having trouble generating a thumbnail?
It also says it's having trouble converting to .html format. As a stopgap, maybe use Save As in Word to create an .html format copy of your story, and try to upload that?
Achenar
Participator

Postby CommanderCarsten » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:33 am

I think it's the site. I tried updating a profile image for an alt of mine, all i get is:
"Error Saving
Undefined Undefined"
CommanderCarsten
New to the forum

Postby Casdan1492 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:12 am

Try different formats as well. Your text editor should offer several formats to save your story as. Try to select an old one, that might work. I use Microsoft Word 97/2000/XP .doc, and it works perfectly. I think I had the same problem as you when I used a different format.
Casdan1492
Been posting for a bit

Postby VeryBatty » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:06 am

Yeah uploader broke right now. I can't upload any art atm.
VeryBatty
New to the forum

Postby Crocod1ne » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:15 am

Me too
I can't upload vore day pic...
Tbk.
a Critique-Hunger Beast
Crocod1ne
New to the forum

Postby Eka » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:46 am

Just needed to clear some space. Should be fixed now.
Eka
Administrator

Return to Technical stuff