Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V09B

Postby GreenSlime » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:33 pm

Another suggestion would be making sprites and other things external so they'll be easier to mod.

Sorry for radio silence, currently doing yet another male model (beefier one) and armor sprites (ranging from somewhat realistic to "armor", to each's tastes.)

EDIT: I guess since I managed to do SOMETHING i'm gonna think about how this "clothing" stuff could work.

I think the best solution is to have it as another customization option, with player being free to choose whatever and with AI opponents choosing what fits their weapon/class. Clothing has another coloring layer, this tme it's in team colors. This way you can not only choose armor out of aesthetic preference, but use it to differentiate your units from opponent's units.

As for vore while in armor, i think there should be divide between two different armor types. One with midriff can easily use existing belly sprites. One without could just recolor belly to be the color of the section of the clothing character is wearing (yes, all clothing is VERY stretchy, including chain mail. How? MAGIC.)

There's one problem, though, and you can see it from the picture - clothing would require different set of sprites for each body type. I'm not saying I can't do it - just that it would be another customization option that would differ between races. Which is probably good, but probably a hassle to program.
(this is another reason why I want moddability - so other, better artists could mod their clothing in).

SO here it is, here's the attachment, some choice bits lifted from my work file. Two completed outfits, absolute zero effort ones, bikini and leotard - just to give something to code in and check how it works, preview of how stuff would look, design doodles and a preview of new male model (male vore with muscular pred and/or prey is sadly rare, so I decided to throw it in). There are also discarded outfits for my another idea - that if a unit eats unit in clothing and successfully absorbs it, the unit coughs up discarded clothing/armor on nearby tile - maybe just a cosmetic effect, maybe a way to get other faction's clothes.

EDIT 2:

oh, right, and foxes were hard to tell apart from cats so I took the liberty to fluff their tails up https://i.imgur.com/9ZyzMaf.png
Attachments
vwar armor and things.png
vwar armor and things.png (28.43 KiB) Viewed 2029 times
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:19 pm

GreenSlime wrote:Another suggestion would be making sprites and other things external so they'll be easier to mod.

Sorry for radio silence, currently doing yet another male model (beefier one) and armor sprites (ranging from somewhat realistic to "armor", to each's tastes.)

EDIT: I guess since I managed to do SOMETHING i'm gonna think about how this "clothing" stuff could work.

I think the best solution is to have it as another customization option, with player being free to choose whatever and with AI opponents choosing what fits their weapon/class. Clothing has another coloring layer, this tme it's in team colors. This way you can not only choose armor out of aesthetic preference, but use it to differentiate your units from opponent's units.

As for vore while in armor, i think there should be divide between two different armor types. One with midriff can easily use existing belly sprites. One without could just recolor belly to be the color of the section of the clothing character is wearing (yes, all clothing is VERY stretchy, including chain mail. How? MAGIC.)

There's one problem, though, and you can see it from the picture - clothing would require different set of sprites for each body type. I'm not saying I can't do it - just that it would be another customization option that would differ between races. Which is probably good, but probably a hassle to program.
(this is another reason why I want moddability - so other, better artists could mod their clothing in).

SO here it is, here's the attachment, some choice bits lifted from my work file. Two completed outfits, absolute zero effort ones, bikini and leotard - just to give something to code in and check how it works, preview of how stuff would look, design doodles and a preview of new male model (male vore with muscular pred and/or prey is sadly rare, so I decided to throw it in). There are also discarded outfits for my another idea - that if a unit eats unit in clothing and successfully absorbs it, the unit coughs up discarded clothing/armor on nearby tile - maybe just a cosmetic effect, maybe a way to get other faction's clothes.

EDIT 2:

oh, right, and foxes were hard to tell apart from cats so I took the liberty to fluff their tails up https://i.imgur.com/9ZyzMaf.png

Thank you for the new fox tail, I stuck that in right away and it looks good, and is recognizable at a good distance.

I will almost certainly make the sprites user changeable at some point. The way they are encoded, it would be less feasible to allow the creation of new sprites, but replacements for existing sprites should be doable. I could always throw additional placeholder sprites in that people could replace if it comes to that.

Clothing looks good so far. I'll stick the clothing options in there and see how they turn out. I do like the discarded clothing as well.

As the number of sprites starts to increase I'm trying to be more mindful of how things are set up to try to avoid a combinatorial explosion between races, clothing, weight gains, genders, breast sizes, etc. I did move eyes onto their own separate layer now instead of including them with the hair, to cut down on the duplication there. It also allows eyes to have their own color, which looks pretty good.

I do have males and the weight gain function partially implemented now. I was actually hoping to get the next patch out tonight, but underestimated how long parts of it would take. I'm thinking the next patch will probably be Thursday. I do have the basic map editor completed. I want to go ahead and finish implementing males, get the clothing in there, do a little sprite modification so that male lizards and slimes can exist, and possibly get an early version of the chief/chieftess in there.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:29 pm

Woh~ Here we go!

Oh yeah, is there a specific time of day that you typically get on/upload? Just so that us waiters have an idea of when to check the forum.
Turbotowns
???

Postby GreenSlime » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:58 am

Editor's coming? Nice. map creation is always fun. Speaking of - could you post map tiles/map objects sheet here too? I think while we're at it I could touch up cities too.

For layering I feel like layering twenty different variables will overcomplicate it. Could just have distinct bodytypes as separate spritesheets (petite-normal-busty-thin male-large male) and attachments (belly from weight gain,
Spoiler: show
balls from cockvore
, etc.) to them.

Oh, right, I was thinking and I found a problem with team-colored clothing. If it's locked into team colors it wouldn't look good on some race/skin combinations (green lizards, for example). So leaving an option to use other colors could be useful.
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Mab17 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:31 am

Is there any chance we'll see other ways to use vore--specifically, on teammates, like to heal them, or something, in future updates?
Mab17
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:58 pm

Turbotowns wrote:Woh~ Here we go!

Oh yeah, is there a specific time of day that you typically get on/upload? Just so that us waiters have an idea of when to check the forum.

Quicker patches could be any time of day, I check a few times a day to see if anyone has posted any more serious issues that I can quickly fix. The more significant versions would most likely be 10-11 central standard time. I've got more time in the evenings, and I find it easier to get motivation to program when it's dark. I'm trying to take a little more time to test now, to try to avoid releasing things that are completely broken.

GreenSlime wrote:Editor's coming? Nice. map creation is always fun. Speaking of - could you post map tiles/map objects sheet here too? I think while we're at it I could touch up cities too.

For layering I feel like layering twenty different variables will overcomplicate it. Could just have distinct bodytypes as separate spritesheets (petite-normal-busty-thin male-large male) and attachments (belly from weight gain,
Spoiler: show
balls from cockvore
, etc.) to them.

Oh, right, I was thinking and I found a problem with team-colored clothing. If it's locked into team colors it wouldn't look good on some race/skin combinations (green lizards, for example). So leaving an option to use other colors could be useful.

Sure, and I'm willing to admit I haven't done the greatest job on the city tiles. There were two types originally, so I kept adding types to make it easier to tell different race's cities apart when they are owned by different races, and I'm not exactly the most creative... Some of them sort of make sense, like the slime ball for slimes, or the cave for lizards, but foxes, wolves and bunnies are just completely arbitrary buildings just picked so they look different from each other. The walls were originally a way to quickly identify the capital, but since you can build walls now that doesn't quite work the same (though the AI doesn't build walls because I consider them highly situational at the moment).

strategicsprites.png
Strategic Sprites
strategicsprites.png (3.25 KiB) Viewed 1899 times
. I'm open to increasing the resolution for those as well if you want.

For character sprites, I'm sort of playing it by ear a little, since I don't really know how much / what people are going to end up contributing, I'm keeping the options relatively open. That will probably be locked down more over time as things accumulate.

Mab17 wrote:Is there any chance we'll see other ways to use vore--specifically, on teammates, like to heal them, or something, in future updates?

Yeah, though I was thinking I'd have it be Unbirth (or I guess cock vore for males), to keep it more intuitive. Would probably be some form of protection / buff kind of mechanic. That's still up in the air though, it may be a little while until it's implemented, and people can change my mind.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:39 pm

I really love how you did the slime villages, they kinda resemble the base of the bodies that I did, where it's all wavy with lighter and darker shades interchanged.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:34 pm

Turbotowns wrote:I really love how you did the slime villages, they kinda resemble the base of the bodies that I did, where it's all wavy with lighter and darker shades interchanged.

If you look closely, you'll find that they are in fact a chunk of the slime body you did cut out and rounded off :D
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:04 pm

Aurilika wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:I really love how you did the slime villages, they kinda resemble the base of the bodies that I did, where it's all wavy with lighter and darker shades interchanged.

If you look closely, you'll find that they are in fact a chunk of the slime body you did cut out and rounded off :D

Lol! Ah, I see it! I see where you took from. Brilliant! XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby Winny » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:24 pm

I have a question what program do you use to code the game and what programming language do you use?
Winny
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:49 pm

Are... can units heal while standing on farmland? They don't have to be IN/ON a village to heal over time?
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:12 pm

Winny wrote:I have a question what program do you use to code the game and what programming language do you use?

The coding is done in Visual studio 2017, written in c#. Most of my time for this game is spent in visual studio, and unity is mainly just tying the pieces together.

Turbotowns wrote:Are... can units heal while standing on farmland? They don't have to be IN/ON a village to heal over time?

I had to check because it's not something I've really changed, but units should only be healing on village tiles. Barring some sort of glitch, sitting on farmland should have no effect. Farmland's only effect is that the maximum population of a village is determined by how many squares of farmland are in its 3x3 area. It tries to almost always have 8 tiles, barring the map being too cramped.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby KuroTenko » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:15 pm

Aurilika wrote:Looks pretty good. I noticed you fixed the hair to account for the missing breasts, that's good, and saves me from having to do that. I'll try to get them into the next patch, I'll let you know if I run into any issues with them I can't easily fix when I implement them. One question would be, is the weight gain on a per battle basis, or is it carried over from battle to battle? If it's from battle to battle it feels like some larger still sprites might be needed.

Thanks!

I was thinking it should carry over between battles, with each weight level needing more food than the previous one (maybe like twice the previous amount). Each unit would be assigned a starting weight from 0 to 4 then grow from there. However you are right that this would need more weight levels, other wise armies would just end up capping off at max for the whole game... Maybe there could be some small degree of weight loss whenever a unit uses AP to balance this out so the player would have to keep units fed...

Not opposed to just keeping it on a per battle basis though. Whatever you feel is best.
KuroTenko
New to the forum

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:01 pm

Aurilika wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:Are... can units heal while standing on farmland? They don't have to be IN/ON a village to heal over time?

I had to check because it's not something I've really changed, but units should only be healing on village tiles. Barring some sort of glitch, sitting on farmland should have no effect. Farmland's only effect is that the maximum population of a village is determined by how many squares of farmland are in its 3x3 area. It tries to almost always have 8 tiles, barring the map being too cramped.

(Holy shit, I was RIGHT about that?! the max pop thing...)
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:05 pm

KuroTenko wrote:
Aurilika wrote:Looks pretty good. I noticed you fixed the hair to account for the missing breasts, that's good, and saves me from having to do that. I'll try to get them into the next patch, I'll let you know if I run into any issues with them I can't easily fix when I implement them. One question would be, is the weight gain on a per battle basis, or is it carried over from battle to battle? If it's from battle to battle it feels like some larger still sprites might be needed.

Thanks!

I was thinking it should carry over between battles, with each weight level needing more food than the previous one (maybe like twice the previous amount). Each unit would be assigned a starting weight from 0 to 4 then grow from there. However you are right that this would need more weight levels, other wise armies would just end up capping off at max for the whole game... Maybe there could be some small degree of weight loss whenever a unit uses AP to balance this out so the player would have to keep units fed...

Not opposed to just keeping it on a per battle basis though. Whatever you feel is best.

I personally would prefer carry over, as I would feel it would be more realistic, and I'd love to see how much I've fed my girls over the course of the game with them being big and beautiful.(Also, in an individual battle, there usually isn't enough vore going on to warrant a weight gain system(Most units that eat another VERY rarely finish absorbing their prey before they're killed, only if their side wins, and they survive the fight)).
Turbotowns
???

Postby GreenSlime » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:40 pm

Will there be a setting to disable weight gain, for people who are not into it?
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:52 pm

GreenSlime wrote:Will there be a setting to disable weight gain, for people who are not into it?

or to just have it set, or left at the levels it's at now. I don't exactly want to run an army around as twigs. Also will males be able to be disabled? I'm not a fan of nudity, but can kinda get past it for the females. wont be able to tolerate the male junk hanging around though.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:59 pm

KuroTenko wrote:Thanks!

Won't make it in tonight's version, because I was waiting to hear from you on how you wanted to deploy it, but It will probably be in a version sometime soon.

GreenSlime wrote:Will there be a setting to disable weight gain, for people who are not into it?

Yes, when it gets implemented, there will definitely be a setting to disable it. Virtually every single cosmetic thing will be toggle-able / adjustable.

GramzonTheDragon wrote:or to just have it set, or left at the levels it's at now. I don't exactly want to run an army around as twigs. Also will males be able to be disabled? I'm not a fan of nudity, but can kinda get past it for the females. wont be able to tolerate the male junk hanging around though.

Yes, there's a % female and a % clothed slider for this next version, so you can adjust to your heart's content. It does not retroactively clothe already created characters though (But you can through the unit customizer). Also, with weight gain off they start at a middle point and not the super skinny side.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:35 pm

Aurilika wrote:tonight's version

Update when? It's almost not tonight anymore.(I know they probably won't see this until they actually update I just wanted to post for the lulz)
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:00 pm

Turbotowns wrote:
Aurilika wrote:tonight's version

Update when? It's almost not tonight anymore.(I know they probably won't see this until they actually update I just wanted to post for the lulz)

Hey, I've still got an hour until midnight 8) ... But in all seriousness, I'm just trying to close out a few bugs with the map editor I discovered in a quick test.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game