Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V09B

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:14 pm

Aurilika wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:
Aurilika wrote:tonight's version

Update when? It's almost not tonight anymore.(I know they probably won't see this until they actually update I just wanted to post for the lulz)

Hey, I've still got an hour until midnight 8) ... But in all seriousness, I'm just trying to close out a few bugs with the map editor I discovered in a quick test.

It's alright. XD

(Huh, it just turned 12:09 for me... what timezone is Eka's on?)
Turbotowns
???

Re: Vore War V09C

Postby Aurilika » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:36 pm

09C Released

A lot of cosmetic improvements in this release. Some things I stuck in without thinking too much about (should slimes wear clothing?). I didn't have as much time to test as I would have liked, so if there's any larger bugs discovered I'll fix them tomorrow morning.

09C:
Added a basic map editor. It will have more functionality over time / as requested.
Clothing added, can be turned on and off in options. When a unit is digested, the predator unit will spit out any remaining clothes. The percentage of units that wear clothes can be set at the start of a game, or in the options menu. As for males, it will not retroactively change units that have already been created, but you can change your own units with the unit customizer.
Increased customization options, including eye color and breast size.
Males added, you can set how often they spawn in the creation screen, or in the options menu. Changing the options menu will not retroactively convert units to a different gender. It is a cosmetic difference only.
Defected units are now added to the army after the battle if there is space, otherwise they are teleported to the closest town as a hireable. Defected garrisons simply join the garrison again for the conquering team.
Can now recruit from allied villages.
More options and a redesigned interface for the create strategic screen
Can modify turn order for races.
Now start with starting gold plus one turn's worth of income instead of just starting gold, and starting gold amount can be changed.
Fixed graphical glitch where some tiles that were partially off the edge of the screen would not be drawn
Fixed issue where starting a pure tactical game set for walled village would fail to make a game.
Fixed bug where auto spend level ups / AI level ups would apply the 1 point bonus to all stats twice (This has been there all along, so high level AI armies will be noticibly less strong)
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:50 pm

Next version will have a way to supply your own names for males and females.

For anyone who is working on the sprites or interested, http://www.mediafire.com/file/rhtimlyd4 ... prites.zip is my current copy of all of the sprites.

I want to be able to use custom sprites, but I'm having trouble with the methodology in unity. I've figured out how to use custom sprites, but don't know how to use custom sprites in 'multiple' mode, which means that every sprite would need to be its own file, which would be rather impractical. If anyone has experience with that in unity let me know.

Edit: just realized I forgot to add the ability to change eye color to the customizer. That will also be in the next version.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:00 am

Uhm... where's the editor?
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:02 am

Turbotowns wrote:Uhm... where's the editor?

in the menu when you're in strategic view, second item from the top. Guess I should have mentioned that in the patch notes.
Last edited by Aurilika on Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:03 am

Just saw it when I paused a tactical game. XD

Kinda expected it to be in a menu or something, and we could save maps that we design... (To better be able to play them again)
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:07 am

Turbotowns wrote:Just saw it when I paused a tactical game. XD

Kinda expected it to be in a menu or something, and we could save maps that we design... (To better be able to play them again)

I can certainly add that to the next version. To clarify, do you mean saving it as a map and then being able to start a map with the villages already placed, but able to change the AI levels / other settings?
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:29 am

Aurilika wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:Just saw it when I paused a tactical game. XD

I can certainly add that to the next version. To clarify, do you mean saving it as a map and then being able to start a map with the villages already placed, but able to change the AI levels / other settings?

Yes(Maybe even a way of sharing them, but naturally that asking a bit much. XD)
Turbotowns
???

Postby AtmosRobot » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:35 am

The game already way better than the original. Good job to you. How hard would it be to add in sound effects for the different actions? Sometimes it's hard to keep track of everything that is taking place and some audio cues would really help.
AtmosRobot
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:01 am

AtmosRobot wrote:The game already way better than the original. Good job to you. How hard would it be to add in sound effects for the different actions? Sometimes it's hard to keep track of everything that is taking place and some audio cues would really help.

Sound, i would think, is inevitable! ^^

Also, graphical bug involving the clothes, at least on my slime girls(The bottom triangle for the onepiece appearing over the vore belly, and for the bikini, getting a NORMAL skin toned belly and then the bikini bottoms over the belly.)

Okay, actually my slimes just get normal skinned bellies now... uhm... XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby Kligor » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:21 am

So question. Whats that last building in the grey? Not being used at the moment?

EDIT: So that I dont double post. Would a harpy race be a cool idea? I could sprite up all the required bits. Also Im a bit tempted to make some male/less femanine hairstyles just to add some extra stuff.
Though another smol request that you can put off however long you want. Could you possibly add some different styled names? Yoko and Kotaru are cool but I also wanna see names that are from around the world. Carlita, Jean, Andrew, Olette etc
X3 Im just compiling my ideas here btw, not that I'd be upset if they dont appear heh.
Kligor
Somewhat familiar

Postby GreenSlime » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:32 am

Can confirm that skintones bug works with lizards too (bikini and nude variants), so it's probably because of their non-standard skin tones.The leotard is also drawn over the belly for all the races.

With the new variable breast sizes i'm considering respriting the clothing (including the ones i haven't actually posted here yet) to have a top variant for each breast size instead of auto-resizing. Is that doable/okay? And since breasts are actually separate from the sprite itself now, I wanted to add squished together/cleavage ones for some outfits. Again, is that doable/okay?

Another thing, is it okay for me to tinker with races' sprites? I'm not sure who made the default ones, so I'm mainly asking Failbird105 and Turbotowns for permission. And if we're talking races, I could sprite up a shortstack race, Imps/Goblins (probably Imps, they have more potentially interesting things going on for them)(warning: definitions of "interesting things" may vary).

In any case, this saturday's gonna get really busy for me :D
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby DollyFailFail » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:00 am

GreenSlime wrote:With the new variable breast sizes i'm considering respriting the clothing (including the ones i haven't actually posted here yet) to have a top variant for each breast size instead of auto-resizing. Is that doable/okay? And since breasts are actually separate from the sprite itself now, I wanted to add squished together/cleavage ones for some outfits. Again, is that doable/okay?

Another thing, is it okay for me to tinker with races' sprites? I'm not sure who made the default ones, so I'm mainly asking Failbird105 and Turbotowns for permission. And if we're talking races, I could sprite up a shortstack race, Imps/Goblins (probably Imps, they have more potentially interesting things going on for them)(warning: definitions of "interesting things" may vary).

Sure, go ahead. As for Goblins/Imps, I would definitely like to see it, but I'm not really sure how doable a shortstack race actually is because of how the weapons are handled.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Kinkirin » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:57 am

So is it alright if a rando like me tried his hand at creating sprites for maybe, weapon, races, buildings etc.? I really enjoy this game, and I really wish to see it grow. So I'm hoping that I can some how contribute to it. ^^
Kinkirin
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aurilika » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:14 am

AtmosRobot wrote:The game already way better than the original. Good job to you. How hard would it be to add in sound effects for the different actions? Sometimes it's hard to keep track of everything that is taking place and some audio cues would really help.

Thank you. Sound is definitely something that will be in there eventually. I'll try looking around for some suitable sound files.

Turbotowns wrote:Also, graphical bug involving the clothes, at least on my slime girls(The bottom triangle for the onepiece appearing over the vore belly, and for the bikini, getting a NORMAL skin toned belly and then the bikini bottoms over the belly.)

Okay, actually my slimes just get normal skinned bellies now... uhm... XD

The clothing sometimes overwriting the belly is due to both accidentally being on the same layer, so sometimes one is on top, and sometimes the other. The actual belly changing color for lizards/slimes is due to an oversight, because bellies wearing the leotard take the leotard's color (as the leotard is assuming to be stretching), it needs to reset if it is not the leotard, but it doesn't properly use the lizard / slime colors. Both of those will be fixed for the next version.

Kligor wrote:So question. Whats that last building in the grey? Not being used at the moment?

EDIT: So that I dont double post. Would a harpy race be a cool idea? I could sprite up all the required bits. Also Im a bit tempted to make some male/less femanine hairstyles just to add some extra stuff.
Though another smol request that you can put off however long you want. Could you possibly add some different styled names? Yoko and Kotaru are cool but I also wanna see names that are from around the world. Carlita, Jean, Andrew, Olette etc
X3 Im just compiling my ideas here btw, not that I'd be upset if they dont appear heh.

The last building in gray is used for villages that have been completely devoured (i.e. population is 0)

Sure, if you make a harpy race I'll add it it. Feel free to make some male hairstyles as well, I thought about that after I put the males in, but didn't try to mess around with that at all. I'm planning to let people use their own list of names in the next version, supplied by a text file. I may also try to get a more generic list of names.

GreenSlime wrote:With the new variable breast sizes i'm considering respriting the clothing (including the ones i haven't actually posted here yet) to have a top variant for each breast size instead of auto-resizing. Is that doable/okay? And since breasts are actually separate from the sprite itself now, I wanted to add squished together/cleavage ones for some outfits. Again, is that doable/okay?

I did make minor variations of the clothing for this patch that show up in that spritesheet compilation I uploaded right after this patch. Right now it uses the flatter leotard for breast sizes < 3, and the bigger bikini for the last two sizes. Males use the bikini variant that has no top. I think even just having a flat bikini as a 4th bikini sprite would be enough to have it look decent. I'm not going to say no to more clothing, I'm just trying to keep your work manageable. Was thinking about adding shorts or something as a primarily male piece of clothing.

Definitely, do whatever you think looks good and I'll find some way to incorporate it.

Yes, you can tinker with the race sprites. The original character model and cat and dog sprites were made by Rayen for the original Vore war, but I doubled their resolution and did some slight modifications for the re-release. Then drew and added the fox, wolf and bunny sprites.

Dysmos wrote:So is it alright if a rando like me tried his hand at creating sprites for maybe, weapon, races, buildings etc.? I really enjoy this game, and I really wish to see it grow. So I'm hoping that I can some how contribute to it. ^^

Sure, the most recent sprites are http://www.mediafire.com/file/rhtimlyd4 ... prites.zip . That should give you an idea of the sizes and styles. Weapons could work, though I'm not sure entirely how'd I'd work them in balance wise, but I could always have them alternate versions of the current weapons (Or maybe a spear with a range of 2 or something). Races could also work. For buildings, there is someone that might be working on the town sprites, but no one is working on the actual village buildings if that's what you mean.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:35 am

GreenSlime wrote:Can confirm that skintones bug works with lizards too (bikini and nude variants), so it's probably because of their non-standard skin tones.The leotard is also drawn over the belly for all the races.

With the new variable breast sizes i'm considering respriting the clothing (including the ones i haven't actually posted here yet) to have a top variant for each breast size instead of auto-resizing. Is that doable/okay? And since breasts are actually separate from the sprite itself now, I wanted to add squished together/cleavage ones for some outfits. Again, is that doable/okay?

As long as the bewbs still look slimy(wouldn't be hard to emulate my goo style if you look at the pixels closely enough), I'm all for it!
Turbotowns
???

Postby LLEPAICG » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:49 pm

Well then I tried my best and finished my very first art for the scylla girls race. Now I just noticed that I don't know how to upload it so that it can actually be used. ^^;

And don't expect too much from someone with nonexistent art skills. XD

Everyone is free to improve this when I know how to upload that. I'll also try to improve that.
LLEPAICG
New to the forum

Postby Aurilika » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:13 pm

LLEPAICG wrote:Well then I tried my best and finished my very first art for the scylla girls race. Now I just noticed that I don't know how to upload it so that it can actually be used. ^^;

Everyone is free to improve this when I know how to upload that. I'll also try to improve that.

If you open the full page comment screen (quote someone or write something and click preview), down under the text window is an options tab / upload attachment tab. Use upload attachment, pick the file and upload it, and then you can just insert it into your message (though I think it's available as a download even if you don't insert it)
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:06 am

LLEPAICG wrote:Well then I tried my best and finished my very first art for the scylla girls race. Now I just noticed that I don't know how to upload it so that it can actually be used. ^^;

I'm sure it'll turn out fine! ^^
Turbotowns
???

Postby Anesthetic » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:28 am

Aw man it would be great if breast size increased with number of Vores comitted by a unit.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game