Vore Writers: What do you admire most about other writers?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Vore Writers: What do you admire most about other writer

Postby anonymousexperiment » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:02 pm

In general what I admire is attention to detail, and being good at building up emotional tension and emphasize the power imbalance of prey and pred. I do not like when writers try to build up characters to stand on their own and be interesting in a non-smutty way, I prefer that 100% of detail about them is for the smuttiness. It feels distracting.
anonymousexperiment
Been posting for a bit

Preds are in some ways inherently evil.

Postby Indighost » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:43 pm

anonymousexperiment wrote:I love when a write emphasizes how cruel and oblivious to human life the pred is. That's why my favorite story is JackNoName's Miss Melanie's Teachings, because the teacher makes up excuses in her head and shrugs off any guilt when she cruelly eats children alive and feels them sobbing inside of her as they wait to digest.

I think you have a great point here. I think there is some inherent evilness, or at least Sociopathy, in Fatal Predators. And I think super sad prey death can be super sexy, but I'm careful not to use this too much in stories because I made one with it and people really didn't like it.
Indighost
---

Postby Marco » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:08 am

rugli wrote:
Marco wrote:I admire how detailed and scene setting some of them are, and I also admire how they achieve a good balance between being detailed and well written, but also not too much that it distracts from the reason you most probably read it, i.e. the vore. What I mean is, they can make the characters come alive, but not too much that you might not want them to be eaten, if that makes sense.

I'd love to be able to achieve both of these things for when I write.

The bold part depends entierly on if the story is fatal or none-fatal.
Good point, not sure why I didn't think of that.
Avatar done as gift by Aviannapper. Deeply appreciated.
Marco
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Preds are in some ways inherently evil.

Postby anonymousexperiment » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:44 pm

Indighost wrote:
anonymousexperiment wrote:I love when a write emphasizes how cruel and oblivious to human life the pred is. That's why my favorite story is JackNoName's Miss Melanie's Teachings, because the teacher makes up excuses in her head and shrugs off any guilt when she cruelly eats children alive and feels them sobbing inside of her as they wait to digest.

I think you have a great point here. I think there is some inherent evilness, or at least Sociopathy, in Fatal Predators. And I think super sad prey death can be super sexy, but I'm careful not to use this too much in stories because I made one with it and people really didn't like it.

Sad deaths are fun for me if they're comically sad, just to emphasize how careless the pred is. I had one idea for a story where it starts by a boy confessing his love for his lifelong friend, and they are having a touching moment when suddenly a hungry mini-giantess devours both of them.
anonymousexperiment
Been posting for a bit

Postby AutumnFerret » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:12 am

well I myself am a "writer" (sort of). and my inspiration comes mostly from Smuxray and IndigoRo. both of whom write long stories with detailed oral vore and fatal digestion. all of which I would like to and have tried to imitate. aaaand failed miserably. not because I lack creativity or don't know how to write vore, but mostly because I'm just too frigin lazy. I write like three lines of a story I'm working on, and I' like "YEP! that's enough progress for the week"
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
AutumnFerret
Somewhat familiar

Postby Brazzel » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:01 pm

Necroing my own thread because it's been nearly a year and there are now more writers than ever. I have met some amazing individuals and read some phenominal stories.

There is one thing that I have come to admire more recently: The ability to condense a complex feeling into relatively few words by understanding your readers. Fetish writing is notoriously simple. Someone gulps down another character and they bubble away, either to digest or to be disgorged, but it's almost always the same. And yet, with the same words and the same actions, I have seen writers on Eka's create a million scenes with a million feelings and that takes understanding.

Using gulp instead of swallow creates a different feeling. Glide instead of slide. Heft instead of pull. These really simple changes create a whole different mental image and feeling and the writers that can use them the best write the best smut.
Brazzel
Been posting for a bit

Postby helenarlet » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:09 pm

I think the thing I admire most in other vore writers in the ability to just let a character go. It's something I have trouble with in my own stories. The more time I spend writing about a character, the more attached to a character I get. It eventually reaches a point where I just can't bring myself to let a character get digested. Most of the prey in my vore stories normally end up not getting a lot of screen time or they are total jerks who deserve to be eaten. But if I spend too much time writing about a character, they almost become something of a friend of mine in my head and then I can't bring myself to kill them off. It's something I'm slowly working on and maybe eventually I'll get there, but I have a lot of respect for writers who can build a character up so much that they become a fully fleshed out character and then finally just let them get digested.
helenarlet
New to the forum

Postby Birichino » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:29 pm

Kitsouille wrote:Their patience, to be honest.

Oh, you beat me to it again.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Mostly another plane of existence, sometimes Canada

Postby Cuddlekins » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:00 pm

I guess it's the ability to 'use the whole of the fruit' to put it one way. I know not everyone's into every bit of the classical vore sequence, but at the very least I expect to see a good description from beginning to end, be that end the throat, the stomach, or beyond.

As an example, too many writers I look at skip over the swallow i.e. "she swallowed" and then it cuts to the prey in the belly. It's such a minor thing, but so important since, in many scenarios, that's the point of no return. I think the ability to take that simple act, an otherwise mundane flexing of neck muscles, and turn it into something absolutely visceral takes devotion that I don't really see all that often :c
***Cuddlekins Vore Stories (May contain LOLI)
***FF14 GPose Vore Comics
(Mostly macro/micro F/f, some ?/F, some monster girl same-size.)
Cuddlekins
Participator

Previous

Return to General Vore Discussion