Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V11D

Postby LysanderDarwyn » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:55 pm

This game is turning out great! I love watching it grow and evolve.

I do have a "quality of life" request:

- On the 'After Battle' screen, can there be a timer that will auto close that will auto-close that window without requiring the user to click 'Exit Stats Screen'?

I often have it going in the background but have to keep going back to it to click that button after watching the fights.

Thank you for all you do!
LysanderDarwyn
New to the forum

Postby Jazzumness » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:14 pm

LysanderDarwyn wrote:This game is turning out great! I love watching it grow and evolve.

- On the 'After Battle' screen, can there be a timer that will auto close that will auto-close that window without requiring the user to click 'Exit Stats Screen'?

I often have it going in the background but have to keep going back to it to click that button after watching the fights.

There is an option to skip AI vs Ai battles without showing the stats screen
Jazzumness
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ger-Fox » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:20 am

them eat the corpses after battle? so them heal/get exp from it ? i did not see this somehow. the own army do it too? because i try badly before beat the last enemy to eat each one but not manage it all time and to switch between manuel and auto end turn is annoing^^

and them survive more? hmmm maybe give Ai a alround weapon....bowblade xD i mean sometimes you get units around this leader and it can not fight really anymore^^ a meele weapon is here better then. or give them the skill to eat somebody and move then^^
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby Salanth » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:49 pm

Finished a game of Version 11C.

I tried edible corpses this time around, and I must say, it is surprisingly enjoyable. Allow me to explain; by using edible corpses it essentially completely eliminated the need of going back to base, which at Cheating level means that you are not forced to retreat after every single fight until you are strong enough to pus through. I also played with 16 unit armies this time, which although it doesn't force you to be as defensive as 24 unit armies on the opposition, does mean that they can spam more armies at you.

So yeah. Conclusion? Right now, playing at higher difficulties more or less only makes it more annoying to play, whilst not increasing the actual challenge much (you just have to play more defensive before you get to the point where you just beat every army).

But still, the game is definitely getting better for every update. The fact that I have new things to say is because I find more things as I play, and that as you make improvements, smaller issues become more prominent. In short, you are making great progress. :)
Salanth
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:12 am

That1guy wrote:(you just have to play more defensive before you get to the point where you just beat every army)

Well, ANY difficulty becomes moot when you can grind(and have the patience to do such a thing). XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby LysanderDarwyn » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:45 am

Jazzumness wrote:
LysanderDarwyn wrote:This game is turning out great! I love watching it grow and evolve.

I like watching the AI vs AI battles. The problem I have is the stat screen after.

The three options we have are:
- Don't watch AI vs AI battles = I want to watch the battles
- Don't watch AI vs AI battles but show stats = Once again, I want to watch the battles
- Watch AI vs AI battles = What I want, but after each battle I have to click the button at the bottom of the screen after every battle.

I do understand that it is a odd request, but one I felt I'd share.
LysanderDarwyn
New to the forum

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:59 am

LysanderDarwyn wrote:
Jazzumness wrote:

I like watching the AI vs AI battles. The problem I have is the stat screen after.

The three options we have are:
- Don't watch AI vs AI battles = I want to watch the battles
- Don't watch AI vs AI battles but show stats = Once again, I want to watch the battles
- Watch AI vs AI battles = What I want, but after each battle I have to click the button at the bottom of the screen after every battle.

I do understand that it is a odd request, but one I felt I'd share.

Honestly... I'd like it too. XD But I never mentioned it because I thought it was weird(more than my corpse idea), and also DO like looking at the results screen.
Maybe a timer that we can set, like after 60 seconds or so(for default, but we can maker it shorter)?
Turbotowns
???

Postby GreenSlime » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:17 am

So, here's the quick solution for more clear town ownership.

And I also remembered that we need destroyed town sprite. Probably looks better without the smoke.

Here's Imptown too, I guess.

And a mercenary camp.

Bandit camp too, for good measure.

Next one is a sacrificial altar.
Attachments
Shield.png
Shield.png (197 Bytes) Viewed 1500 times
Burnttown.png
Burnttown.png (846 Bytes) Viewed 1500 times
Burnttown2.png
Burnttown2.png (435 Bytes) Viewed 1500 times
Imbtown.png
Imbtown.png (1.26 KiB) Viewed 1480 times
Mercenary camp.png
Mercenary camp.png (686 Bytes) Viewed 1477 times
Banditcamp.png
Banditcamp.png (925 Bytes) Viewed 1471 times
Sacrifice.png
Sacrifice.png (859 Bytes) Viewed 1464 times
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Orosaki » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:56 pm

GreenSlime wrote:So, here's the quick solution for more clear town ownership.

And I also remembered that we need destroyed town sprite. Probably looks better without the smoke.

Here's Imptown too, I guess.

And a mercenary camp.

Bandit camp too, for good measure.

Next one is a sacrificial altar.

Mercs and bandits huh.

Merc camps could be a great way to get strong units (units that don't start initially at lvl1) Recruiting from a merc camp gives you troops of your species. Merc camps are friendly to everyone but their troops are costly. The max softcap level of a merc depends on the highest level unit in the army, but the higher the mercs level the more it costs to hire them. Players can select the level of the merc They can't choose how the stats of the merc are invested in, when buying them, but can when they lvl up in the army (which can result in rounded out individuals who aren't as specialized.) The maximum hardcap level of mercs is dependent on the merc leader themself at least for that camp.

The softcap determines what level the army at the camp can recruit at, while the hardcap determines the max level of merc the can be recruited from that camp. Merc leaders can be hired to deal with enemies, or bandits.

Bandit camps send out raiding parties which if the land on a town will take the income from the town (but won't cap it cuz they are bandits) Raiding a bandit camp will net whichever player raided it however much gold that bandit camp stole from other players. (This adds an ability for those without towns to earn some cash. and alongside a merc camp recruit decently strong units.) Bandits are hostile to everyone. Whenever a bandit camp is raided it stops sending out bandits for some time.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:45 pm

LysanderDarwyn wrote:This game is turning out great! I love watching it grow and evolve

LysanderDarwyn wrote:I like watching the AI vs AI battles. The problem I have is the stat screen after.

Thank you, I'm glad you're enjoying the game. I'll probably do options for a timed stat screen and for no stat screen for AI battles.

That1guy wrote:So yeah. Conclusion? Right now, playing at higher difficulties more or less only makes it more annoying to play, whilst not increasing the actual challenge much (you just have to play more defensive before you get to the point where you just beat every army).
But still, the game is definitely getting better for every update. The fact that I have new things to say is because I find more things as I play, and that as you make improvements, smaller issues become more prominent. In short, you are making great progress.

Yeah, I basically threw the cheating AI in there to give people a tougher challenge if they're looking for it. Though the variable army sizes removed most of the cheating the cheating AI did, but gives people the power to set their own handicap.
Thank you, I'm glad to hear that you think the game is headed in a positive direction.

GreenSlime wrote:So, here's the quick solution for more clear town ownership. And I also remembered that we need destroyed town sprite. Probably looks better without the smoke.

For clarification, the quick solution is coloring in the shield? As for the destroyed towns, I might do something like have the town display smoke for 1 turn, then switch to the smokeless version.

Orosaki wrote:Merc camps could be a great way to get strong units (units that don't start initially at lvl1) Recruiting from a merc camp gives you troops of your species. Merc camps are friendly to everyone but their troops are costly. The max softcap level of a merc depends on the highest level unit in the army, but the higher the mercs level the more it costs to hire them. Players can select the level of the merc They can't choose how the stats of the merc are invested in, when buying them, but can when they lvl up in the army (which can result in rounded out individuals who aren't as specialized.) The maximum hardcap level of mercs is dependent on the merc leader themself at least for that camp.

Yeah, mercenaries may end up replacing the flawed training command as well, as they'd serve the role of giving players with a ton of money and weak armies an out, and they could raid bandit camps to boost exp, as well.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GreenSlime » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:18 pm

For clarification, the quick solution is coloring in the shield?

Yup, pretty much. Also please don't remove training, it's useful ;~;

EDIT: by the way, the new sprites are going strong - though the part that left (bellies) is the most important and difficult one.
Attachments
preview.png
preview.png (7.83 KiB) Viewed 1329 times
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:22 am

GreenSlime wrote:
For clarification, the quick solution is coloring in the shield?

Yup, pretty much. Also please don't remove training, it's useful ;~;

EDIT: by the way, the new sprites are going strong - though the part that left (bellies) is the most important and difficult one.

Holy whoa!
Turbotowns
???

Postby Ger-Fox » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:53 am

hmm i wonders when we someday have alot different versions. i mean town and unit pics. so we can CHOOSE between them^^ like : i choose the new cat form but keep the old vixen one. then i keep the vixen town but take new cat town.

because i like some of the old stuff more as the "maybe soon new" stuff i see here alot xD a option for the player would be nice^^
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby GreenSlime » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:45 am

Oh, those aren't immutable new race forms - those are just examples of different levels of weight gain. Though the option could be nice, especially since with less humanoid forms it's gonna get bit more controversial.

Again, it all turns into moddability question and from what Aurilika said Unity doesn't do it especially well.
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Netjak » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:18 am

Just examples of different levels of weight gain, not examples of THE different levels of weight gain? Meaning that there might be even more stages than those four? :o :D

Regardless though, just wanted to chime in an express my adoration of what this little game has become, and that damn fine spritework!
Netjak
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Themastermushroom » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:05 am

Is came pretty cool the game, I have an idea, in the city of each race, you can build two type of build to powerup the troops, one is the classic blacksmith and the another is the research laboratory.

The Blacksmith can be used to give the troops a boost of their weapon and armour, for example, you can power-up the melee weapons, the ranged weapons, the heavy armours, the light armours, and the shields, each of this power-up can upgrade the troops by giving them stronger weapons and add on the shop of your town new weapon in exchange for expansive gold, same as armour and shields.
The Research Laboratory is a place you can upgrade the rest of your troops by giving them new skills and expand their belly capacity, for example, if you play as a bunny race, you can learn them a skill called hop, is mean when you learned, the troops can use that skill in any moment, so they can move by two squares in one turn, but in exchange of health, or the passive skill like expand the belly capacity or give them different skill ability.

All this power-up need to wait for some turns, after you paid the good amount of resource to taking the skill or an upgrade, you need to wait when the research is complete, for example for blacksmith, need 2 turns to complete the first tier, 4 for the second and 6 for the last one, for the laboratory, the skilled research are single, after learn it, will disappear or change it in a different and more strong ability, except for the belly capacity, that will upgrade to the maximum of 3 times.

That's my idea for add more feature of the game if is possible.
Themastermushroom
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:54 am

Themastermushroom wrote:Is came pretty cool the game, I have an idea, in the city of each race, you can build two type of build to powerup the troops, one is the classic blacksmith and the another is the research laboratory.

The Blacksmith can be used to give the troops a boost of their weapon and armour, for example, you can power-up the melee weapons, the ranged weapons, the heavy armours, the light armours, and the shields, each of this power-up can upgrade the troops by giving them stronger weapons and add on the shop of your town new weapon in exchange for expansive gold, same as armour and shields.
The Research Laboratory is a place you can upgrade the rest of your troops by giving them new skills and expand their belly capacity, for example, if you play as a bunny race, you can learn them a skill called hop, is mean when you learned, the troops can use that skill in any moment, so they can move by two squares in one turn, but in exchange of health, or the passive skill like expand the belly capacity or give them different skill ability.

All this power-up need to wait for some turns, after you paid the good amount of resource to taking the skill or an upgrade, you need to wait when the research is complete, for example for blacksmith, need 2 turns to complete the first tier, 4 for the second and 6 for the last one, for the laboratory, the skilled research are single, after learn it, will disappear or change it in a different and more strong ability, except for the belly capacity, that will upgrade to the maximum of 3 times.

That's my idea for add more feature of the game if is possible.

Nice ideas, though I'm just gonna go ahead and mildly make fun of this one part...
"...so they can move by two squares in one turn..."
In BOTH modes, they can move THREE squares AT LEAST(in regards to tactical) in one turn. XD
Unless you mean each "move" point would equal 2 spaces, in which you could have just said their movement was doubled.
Unless they can't turn during the second space? Like if you decide to move one square down it moves you a SECOND square down without being able to change direction OR just move the one square? If so, that would actually be highly interesting, it'd be great for making great distance(like running away, something bunnies are especially good at. XD), but tight maneuvers around troops... not so much.
Turbotowns
???

Postby CoinToast » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:59 am

I love what you have been doing with this game, mister or miss Aurilika.

Some suggestions, because giving you work is a way of saying we love you: Maybe you can program the AI to form a firing line, or any other formation during the tactical phases? Those strategies seem to give me a minor advantage during combat.

Of course, the big balancing problem is the unavoidable fact that once you outproduce your foe it quickly becomes a matter of numbers to win any battle, imperium of man style. Solutions to that could involve logistics of some form (like gold caravans), but that could increase the complexity of what's first and foremost a fetiche game (not that I'd mind a wargame made out of this engine). Another solution could be resting periods between invasions, in which a city becomes invulnerable for 3 turns after a sucessful or failed attempt.

On battle it would be nice being able to lock characters out of "ai finishes the turn" mode, so that you can use your prized troops against the enemy and let the grunts do whatever. Or have a "stand your ground" mode, so that they do not move automatically and hold a line. Or a passive mode, so that they are marked to skip their turn. Or a "runaway" mode, so that they flee as far as they can.

Another idea would be to be able to lock which troops can devour enemies. Maybe these unit AI modes can be set the same way clothes can be set, so you could change a single troop or set all troops to behave in this fashion.

Yet another idea could be to be able to lock-unlock vore for a gender, if for example someone can have male enemies but no male preds.

Also, are you interested in some perlin/fractal noise? I could make some and post it here, if you'd like.

Another (last one I swear) idea could be to have boats. They would be like armies except faster, unable to get out of water and can only be made in cities bordering the sea. The troop transfer mechanics could be applied as the boarding action, although unlike regular armies the boats should be able to make armies on their own.
CoinToast
Been posting for a bit

Postby Orosaki » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:13 pm

GreenSlime wrote:Oh, those aren't immutable new race forms - those are just examples of different levels of weight gain. Though the option could be nice, especially since with less humanoid forms it's gonna get bit more controversial.

Again, it all turns into moddability question and from what Aurilika said Unity doesn't do it especially well.

I'm just surprised lamias aren't in the game yet.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Orosaki » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:17 pm

CoinToast wrote:I love what you have been doing with this game, mister or miss Aurilika.

Some suggestions, because giving you work is a way of saying we love you: Maybe you can program the AI to form a firing line, or any other formation during the tactical phases? Those strategies seem to give me a minor advantage during combat.

Of course, the big balancing problem is the unavoidable fact that once you outproduce your foe it quickly becomes a matter of numbers to win any battle, imperium of man style. Solutions to that could involve logistics of some form (like gold caravans), but that could increase the complexity of what's first and foremost a fetiche game (not that I'd mind a wargame made out of this engine). Another solution could be resting periods between invasions, in which a city becomes invulnerable for 3 turns after a sucessful or failed attempt.

On battle it would be nice being able to lock characters out of "ai finishes the turn" mode, so that you can use your prized troops against the enemy and let the grunts do whatever. Or have a "stand your ground" mode, so that they do not move automatically and hold a line. Or a passive mode, so that they are marked to skip their turn. Or a "runaway" mode, so that they flee as far as they can.

Another idea would be to be able to lock which troops can devour enemies. Maybe these unit AI modes can be set the same way clothes can be set, so you could change a single troop or set all troops to behave in this fashion.

Yet another idea could be to be able to lock-unlock vore for a gender, if for example someone can have male enemies but no male preds.

Also, are you interested in some perlin/fractal noise? I could make some and post it here, if you'd like.

Another (last one I swear) idea could be to have boats. They would be like armies except faster, unable to get out of water and can only be made in cities bordering the sea. The troop transfer mechanics could be applied as the boarding action, although unlike regular armies the boats should be able to make armies on their own.

Who says a fetish game can't be a full fledged game in it's own right. Plenty of vore mods xist for fully fledged games.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game