Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V12D

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:03 am

SilhouettiShine wrote:
GramzonTheDragon wrote:The lizard's leader clothing doesn't cover the nipples, which makes it kinda hard to use clothing to hide everyone's naughty nudeness which is the whole reason i'm using clothes in the first place :/

The game originally used without clothing, so i'm not sure if "No nudity" is the only solution for the entire game, while the game is solely for nudity and vore.

You can set a slider now to make all units have clothing if you want. If nothing else, just allowing an otpion to set all leaders to use the default heavy armor would be enough for a stopgap solution instead of like editing the sprite and adding a clothed/exposed version.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SquishySofty » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:45 am

GramzonTheDragon wrote:You can set a slider now to make all units have clothing if you want. If nothing else, just allowing an otpion to set all leaders to use the default heavy armor would be enough for a stopgap solution instead of like editing the sprite and adding a clothed/exposed version.

Oh no, i'm fully aware of the clothing slider (Except that i made all troops fully nude while the leader is clothed). I'm just saying that the base of the game, without the clothing have been implemented, has always be nudity.
Not feeling so well, don't expect much of me...
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:49 am

I can't eat ally corpses for some reason...
Turbotowns
???

Postby SquishySofty » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:46 am

Turbotowns wrote:I can't eat ally corpses for some reason...

That's the exact problem i have. 8O
But not only the allies, but some of the non-allied opponents as well. Even if both sides have a flat belly, they still can't eat corpse. (Editable corpse and Visible Corpse is activated)
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:27 am

Also, now that we have the ability to double our army(and garrison) sizes, as well as how much gold we're getting per turn... We're gonna need the power to boost our village population now. XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:06 am

Am I the only one experiencing the eye color and eye shape options not carrying over to all the other army units anymore with the use for rest of army? Or was there something changed about it?
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Orosaki » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:42 am

A couple of ideas i had.

Scenarios - Scenarios provide a different means of playing the game like for example some allied villages were captured and require assistance. Scenarios provide different from normal starting conditions for matches. Put down a little story for the scenario and give it some background, and you've got yourself a full fledged scenario.

Advanced start - Provides a lot more customisability than the current start game. Advanced start allows players to customize indiviudal race starting conditions individually, like starting leader level, how much exp each faction need for a level up independant from each other, starting gold for each one, and so on and so forth.

Saved start - allows the player to save the settings start match like team settings number of villages for each race, etc, and also to load them. The game only keeps this information saved for as long as it is open so.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:59 am

mudkip01 wrote:With those new hair sprites coming out could we possibly get more hair colors like purple, light blue, blue, and a lighter green?

Well, this may be the opportunity for me to go ahead and make hair and probably clothing free colored, though that would only affect your army, because free colors would be customizer only.

GramzonTheDragon wrote:The lizard's leader clothing doesn't cover the nipples, which makes it kinda hard to use clothing to hide everyone's naughty nudeness which is the whole reason i'm using clothes in the first place :/

Well, Failbird's original spec for the lizards had breasts without nipples, but that got lost when it transitioned to variable breast sizes. I'll get that back in there eventually, though if Greenslime is redoing the lizard and breasts sprites I might wait.

Turbotowns wrote:I can't eat ally corpses for some reason...

I thought maybe that had been fixed when I fixed the other issues with corpses as it didn't happen to me again, but I'll take another look at it.

Turbotowns wrote:Also, now that we have the ability to double our army(and garrison) sizes, as well as how much gold we're getting per turn... We're gonna need the power to boost our village population now. XD

True, I'll go ahead and add that.

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:Am I the only one experiencing the eye color and eye shape options not carrying over to all the other army units anymore with the use for rest of army? Or was there something changed about it?

Do you mean copied to the rest of the army? There's no button for that right now, though I can add it. If it's not that, I'm not sure what you mean.

Orosaki wrote:A couple of ideas i had.
Scenarios - Scenarios provide a different means of playing the game like for example some allied villages were captured and require assistance. Scenarios provide different from normal starting conditions for matches. Put down a little story for the scenario and give it some background, and you've got yourself a full fledged scenario.
Advanced start - Provides a lot more customisability than the current start game. Advanced start allows players to customize indiviudal race starting conditions individually, like starting leader level, how much exp each faction need for a level up independant from each other, starting gold for each one, and so on and so forth.
Saved start - allows the player to save the settings start match like team settings number of villages for each race, etc, and also to load them. The game only keeps this information saved for as long as it is open so.

Sounds good, I'll get around to them eventually. Saved start may end up higher priority though.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:28 am

An option for eye color and shapes would be nice if possible for sure.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Grapefruitfanfic » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:57 am

Is there a way to edit sprites to the complete version of the game? Something about an army of bunnies being devoured by a bunch of giant jellyfish seems sorta out of place in this game, so maybe I could change the sprites to something like nagas or Jellyfloats from the Pikmin series(which is basically what you have here but more colorful).
Grapefruitfanfic
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ger-Fox » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:05 pm

autosave for battle and one for new round/turn? would be usefully sometimes^^ 2 different autosaves
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby GreenSlime » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:03 pm

Well, Failbird's original spec for the lizards had breasts without nipples, but that got lost when it transitioned to variable breast sizes. I'll get that back in there eventually, though if Greenslime is redoing the lizard and breasts sprites I might wait.

Personally I feel this could be toggleable since I don't mind lizard nipples (i mean, we're already giving them breasts so biology is already out of the window). But nipple-less breasts are only a couple of minutes of work and I already done and posted the "privates" file.

Speaking of lizard tits, I'm currently in "cleanup/shading" stage of spriting up the lizards. Here's a poorly colored preview since I decided to post at least something each time I make a post here (whether it'll lead to me to working faster or posting less, we'll see). They've grown quite a bit bigger, as you can see (default model included for scale. Ha, "scale".)
Attachments
lizord.png
lizord.png (4.88 KiB) Viewed 1101 times
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby LLEPAICG » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:22 pm

Hello everyone!

I just noticed a few things that maybe aren't supposed to be like that:

1.If an archer unit is completely surrounded by melee enemy units and there is no enemy unit left to shoot at
they don't even try to attack in melee with at least their claws and are easily killed (I know they are probably going to die even when they do but it still doesn't feel right).

2.The AI armies on the strategic map sometimes stay still when they are planning to resupply nearly never moving again (I saw that on my allied AI where you can check what they are doing).

3.I just wanted to say that you're still doing VERY GOOD at this game and I think there can never be enough praises for REALLY GOOD WORK!
LLEPAICG
New to the forum

Postby Jazzumness » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:25 pm

GreenSlime wrote:
Looks great I like the dragon like look
Jazzumness
Somewhat familiar

Postby SquishySofty » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:53 pm

You know, i was thinking for like the entire week or so. Maybe i should draw a Non-Pixelated Empire profile picture. Like starting with Cats, Dogs, Foxes, Wolf, and so on.
Like what you see with me doing a Unit profile way before the clothing option was added (I think), i was having a blast designing the unit from Pixel to actual drawing ❤
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Grapefruitfanfic » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:09 pm

And here's a beta sprite for the Lamia/Naga race. It's, in my opinion, bare-bones and needs some work, but here is what I have so far. Maybe I could get suggestions?Image
Grapefruitfanfic
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:17 pm

Grapefruitfanfic wrote:And here's a beta sprite for the Lamia/Naga race. It's, in my opinion, bare-bones and needs some work, but here is what I have so far. Maybe I could get suggestions?[ https://i.imgur.com/ygYdveR.png ]

Looks a bit flat, and there are already 2 different lamia sprites that was presented.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Grapefruitfanfic » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:24 pm

already 2 different lamia sprites that was presented.

Well then I guess I won't bother fixing it up if it's been done before me. Thanks for letting me know and giving me criticism though.
Grapefruitfanfic
Been posting for a bit

Postby GreenSlime » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:26 pm

You know, i was thinking for like the entire week or so. Maybe i should draw a Non-Pixelated Empire profile picture. Like starting with Cats, Dogs, Foxes, Wolf, and so on.
Like what you see with me doing a Unit profile way before the clothing option was added (I think), i was having a blast designing the unit from Pixel to actual drawing ❤

That would seriously be amazing. Vore war deserves more art.

And here's a beta sprite for the Lamia/Naga race. It's, in my opinion, bare-bones and needs some work, but here is what I have so far. Maybe I could get suggestions?

And this makes three already. Well, no wonder, lamias are popular.
Looks alright, although the tip of the tail should probably be fatter. I like the perspective on the tip, though.

TAX: I've been fiddling around with non-human monster design and thought of an idea - stronger monsters being sort of "autobalancing" feature, appearing more in the territory of larger kingdoms. So lesser monsters could be exp fodder, but stuff like dragon being a credible threat on its own (and one that, if not stopped, will happily munch on your villages, denying you gold and plummeting the population). I know monsters aren't everyone's cup of tea, so if they're disabled you could replace them with bigger and better bandit gangs appearing.
Attachments
monsterdesigns.png
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:22 pm

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:An option for eye color and shapes would be nice if possible for sure.

Sure, I'll go ahead and stick that in.

Grapefruitfanfic wrote:Is there a way to edit sprites to the complete version of the game? Something about an army of bunnies being devoured by a bunch of giant jellyfish seems sorta out of place in this game, so maybe I could change the sprites to something like nagas or Jellyfloats from the Pikmin series(which is basically what you have here but more colorful).

Unity is not particularly friendly to this so it would take more work. I'll probably add in the ability for custom sprites eventually but it's not real high on my priority list. You can always turn them off at the create strategic screen if you don't feel they fit.

Ger-Fox wrote:autosave for battle and one for new round/turn? would be usefully sometimes^^ 2 different autosaves

Sure, that's a good idea, I've wanted that at periods in the past but then forgotten about it.

LLEPAICG wrote:I just noticed a few things that maybe aren't supposed to be like that:
1.If an archer unit is completely surrounded by melee enemy units and there is no enemy unit left to shoot at
they don't even try to attack in melee with at least their claws and are easily killed (I know they are probably going to die even when they do but it still doesn't feel right).
2.The AI armies on the strategic map sometimes stay still when they are planning to resupply nearly never moving again (I saw that on my allied AI where you can check what they are doing).
3.I just wanted to say that you're still doing VERY GOOD at this game and I think there can never be enough praises for REALLY GOOD WORK!

Even though the archer fully surrounded with no targets is rare, I'll go ahead and have them use the melee attack in that case.
Usually they will have just stalled because there's no free city to resupply at the moment, but I'll look into it and make sure there aren't any issues there.
Thank you for the compliment!

SilhouettiShine wrote:You know, i was thinking for like the entire week or so. Maybe i should draw a Non-Pixelated Empire profile picture. Like starting with Cats, Dogs, Foxes, Wolf, and so on.

I was thinking about the extra space in the add races screen, and was thinking about having a few sentences of text as a sort of lore for each race, but a picture would work even better. If it doesn't fit, I'd make an option to view it fullscreen.

GreenSlime wrote:TAX: I've been fiddling around with non-human monster design and thought of an idea - stronger monsters being sort of "autobalancing" feature, appearing more in the territory of larger kingdoms. So lesser monsters could be exp fodder, but stuff like dragon being a credible threat on its own (and one that, if not stopped, will happily munch on your villages, denying you gold and plummeting the population). I know monsters aren't everyone's cup of tea, so if they're disabled you could replace them with bigger and better bandit gangs appearing.

That would be interesting, but I'd have to be sure they provide a good threat and don't just feed experience to the winning empire. There's also the issue of them suddenly appearing. Vagrants spawning everywhere have the excuse of coming down out of the stratosphere, and I guess a dragon could start at the border and fly in to the territory, and maybe something else could pop out of the ground, but I wouldn't want to overuse that mechanic to the point where it feels completely unpredictable.

Edit: there's a bug someone alerted me to where if a Vagrant captures a town, things do not play well. I think that's a rare enough case I don't feel the need to quick patch it, because they don't consider villages targets, and don't attack armies on towns, so I guess the only possible thing is if there's a village in their path that there's not a good way to avoid. I figure I'd mention it just in case someone else runs into it, even though it feels like it should be spectacularly unlikely unless it's a custom map with villages in narrow corridors. (The AI treats villages they're not specifically attacking as if they cost 5 mp)
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game