Mythological vore creatures

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Mythological vore creatures

Postby Seelane » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:55 am

Do anybody know of others vorish creatures(Not hard as its too easy and less surprising but instead that is soft related) in mythology? I know about the Alp-luachra and it picked my interests to see if there are any similar beings in the world.

Also the Alp-luachra is a being who takes the form of a salamander and crawl into the throat of sleeping people where it will reside in their stomachs to eat the foods inside, preventing that person to be fat and requiring him to eat a lot more.

Please share yours if you know any.^^
Seelane
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Mythological vore creatures

Postby Bowyer2 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:33 pm

It's more about Gods than creatures but I thought that you might be interest.

In Egyptian mythology, Nut was the goddess of the sky. Her body made a protective layer over the Earth. Nut was the sister and wife of Geb, and the mother of (with Ra) Osiris, Nephthys,Isis and Seth and grandmother of Horus. Horus was also a grandchild of Ra.

The ancient Egyptians believed that Nut swallowed the sun-god, Ra, every night and gave birth to him every morning.
Bowyer2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ArcaneSigil » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:06 pm

The obvious one would be the Hydra, the Midgard Serpent, and Quetzalcoatlus. I don't know of any others beyond Egyptian Gods and a few Greek and Roman gods.

The biggest CLEAR reference to vore in mythology actually pops into my head from Greek Culture. Kronos swallows his son, I don't remember which one, or ones, but I think it was Zeus, because he'd had a prophecy that his son would overthrow him as King of the Gods. It obviously didn't work out.
Just a wolf lookin' for some fun. I like all sorts. Just... don't eat me.
ArcaneSigil
---

Postby GastricAztec » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:14 pm

In book ten of the Odyssey, there is a race of giants called the Laestrygonians who eat normal sized people. It is a very short segment of the story before they get to the island of Circe.
Everyone has a plan until they end up in someone’s belly!
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: In the belly of a colossal cannibalistic co-ed collegian!

Postby Bowyer2 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:17 pm

CrimsonFangX666 wrote:The obvious one would be the Hydra, the Midgard Serpent, and Quetzalcoatlus. I don't know of any others beyond Egyptian Gods and a few Greek and Roman gods.

The biggest CLEAR reference to vore in mythology actually pops into my head from Greek Culture. Kronos swallows his son, I don't remember which one, or ones, but I think it was Zeus, because he'd had a prophecy that his son would overthrow him as King of the Gods. It obviously didn't work out.

Cronos ate 5 other siblings before Zues. His mother trick him to eat a rock and ask Gaia to hide the baby. Zues came back and use a poison which makes his father vomit out his siblings, and started the war between Gods and Titans.
Bowyer2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CapturePoint » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:14 pm

The Yamato No Orochi from Japanese mythology is a multi-headed serpent that needed to be offered young maidens yearly to keep satisfied. There's potential in that too, no?
CapturePoint
Somewhat familiar

Postby Kitsouille » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:36 am

Someone more knowledgeable please correct me but Fenrir ate Tyr's arm I think? Otherwise, a giant wolf.
Kitsouille
???

Postby SCREAMINGLOUDLY » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:48 am

Kitsouille wrote:Someone more knowledgeable please correct me but Fenrir ate Tyr's arm I think? Otherwise, a giant wolf.

Yes. Basically, each time the gods tried to bind Fenrir, the wolf was assured of their failure and casually broke each chain. When they came at him with the dwarven rope, however, he was genre savvy enough to know that the gods wouldn't just randomly try rope on him if fwo immense sets of chains had already failed, so he wanted the arm of one of the gods to be placed into his mouth as collateral, just in case he couldn't break out and they didn't let him out. The obvious happened from there. Tyr even got a replacement arm!

A vore story could easily expand that to Tyr standing in Fenrir's mouth instead of just sticking his arm in, and any number of variations on the two failed chains and one silken rope to bind, and then of course the wolf growing every day.

On topic, keep in mind that many ancient civilizations believed that a solar eclipse was a dragon eating the sun. Since other ancient civilizations made the sun into a divine being (Helios, Hyperion, Ra, etc.), that's another easy one.
SCREAMINGLOUDLY
Been posting for a bit

Postby MeatsBackOnTheMenuBoys » Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:23 pm

Hydra.
MeatsBackOnTheMenuBoys
Been posting for a bit

Postby GREGOLE » Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:58 pm

Well, there's always the khamapa/khodumodumo, of south African mythology. It was a huge monster who went around swallowing everything in its path, until it became so bloated, it got stuck between two mountains and was slain by a hero, who then had to figure out how to get everyone out.

Then there's Otesánek from Czech folklore, about a tree stump that comes to life, is adopted by a family who wished to have a child, but who then turns around and eats them, and then goes on a rampage, swallowing everyone he comes across until an old lady whacks him with a shovel, and spills everyone out. There's apparently a variant of this where he's actually a parrot, and another where he's a pork pudding, if Wikipedia is to be believed.

And of course, we can't forget the Yara Ma Yha Who, of Aboriginal Australia. Resembling a sort of red monkey/frog/human/whatchumacallit, the YMYW lurks in trees and drops down onto victims, draining blood through its fingertips to incapacitate the victim, who it then swallows whole. Rather than being digested, the victim is eventually regurgitated, and the YMYW will then perform a ritual to make sure they're dead(If it doesn't do this, it'll turn into a mushroom or something). If a victim survives, but is captured multiple times, they'll eventually become a yara ma yha who themselves.

And if you're looking for the ever elusive mythological humanoid Fpred, there's always Princess Iron Fan, who had to deal with Sun Wukong flying down her throat and beating on her stomach until she let him borrow her iron fans.
Last edited by GREGOLE on Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
GREGOLE
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby THEholySnail » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:53 pm

Surprised, that Lamia, Ammit and Apep were not mentioned yet.

I remember there was a demon species in chinese mythology known as Xiangliu. It is a snake with 9 human-like heads. (Unlike the hydra or the chupakabra Xiangliu has 9 heads, but not 9 necks, resulting in a very surreal look, at least in the early depictions.) Xiangliu were said to be driven by a neverending hunger devouring entire villages.

Also in slavic mythology an immortal Lich has cast away his mortality into a needle, that is hidden inside an egg, that is inside a duck, who is inside a chest, being inside a hare, beneath a random oak on an invisible island. It is unclear how a chest with a duck managed to get inside a hare, but hey, I guess that counts at least as endo.
THEholySnail
Been posting for a bit

Postby Phorcyz19 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:47 pm

THEholySnail wrote:Surprised, that Lamia, Ammit and Apep were not mentioned yet.

Also in slavic mythology an immortal Lich has cast away his mortality into a needle, that is hidden inside an egg, that is inside a duck, who is inside a chest, being inside a hare, beneath a random oak on an invisible island. It is unclear how a chest with a duck managed to get inside a hare, but hey, I guess that counts at least as endo.

To expand for people who are unfamiliar: Lamia is the name of several beings in Greek myth: The most famous is a mythical queen who was turned into a child-eating demon, in one Roman source implied to swallow people whole. Medieval authors conflated her with the Dracaena and made her a snake woman, but there is some evidence she was originally thought to be more shark-related. In particular the ocean goddess Keto (whose name means "whale, sea monster, or big shark" and was the wife of my own namesake Phorcys) was also called Lamia, and Aristotle refers to the Lamia as a giant shark.

Ammit, literally "Devourer of the Dead", is an Egyptian goddess/demon who is part crocodile, part lion, and part hippopotamus. She devours the hearts of those measured to be unworthy by Anubis, leaving their soul unable to cross to the afterlife.

Apep, also from Egyptian myth, is an enormous serpent around 360 feet long who menaces the sun god Ra. Every night, he and Ra, along with Ra's guardian (who may be Set, Bastet, or another god) battle, and every night Ra slays him, only for him to return the next night. It was believed that eclipses occurred because Apep had swallowed Ra and his sun boat, but Ra would escape and the sun would return.

Now for some contributions of my own.
I've written about this before but there is a myth found in Italian, Scottish, and Celtic-American myths about a mermaid that swallows a man whole, and he has to be rescued by his wife. In the Scottish version the mermaid then swallows the wife and the man has to find a way to kill the mermaid to save her. Funnily enough, the way he does it is by finding her soul which is hidden in the exact same way as the Russian sorcerer's mentioned above.

One version of the myth of the golden fleece has the dragon that guards it swallow Jason whole, and Medea has to use magic to make it regurgitate him.

Australian Aboriginal myths have several monsters that swallow humans, including the Whowie (a giant monitor lizard with six legs and a frog's head), the Yaroma (a big ape-man creature), and the Yara-ma-yha-who (a small red frog man that drinks his victim's blood and then swallows them. It then throws them up, leaving them shorter and redder, and if he does this enough times they become a Yara-ma-yha-who).

Kitsouille wrote:Someone more knowledgeable please correct me but Fenrir ate Tyr's arm I think? Otherwise, a giant wolf.

While Fenrir DOES bite off Tyr's arm, he also swallows Odin, Sleipnir, and (when it isnt the other wolf Skoll) the sun goddess Suna at Ragnarok. His son Hati devours the moon god Mani.
Phorcyz19
Participator

Return to General Vore Discussion