Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V12G

Postby GreenSlime » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:34 pm

Well, wolves are there to stay, then.

Looks good, but what should I do for a colored flag? Should I stick one in the upper right, or should it just rely on the corner shield for telling who owns it?

I've been thinking lately and I feel like just corner shield is okay. But yeah, there's a lot of place to the right for a flag.

Oh, by the way. In the editor when you place a town it changes tile below to grass. is there a way to fix this? And how hard it would be to implement tile borders (the one I sent with the volcanic ground tile)?
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby CoinToast » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:45 pm

For the custom color system you could always have a set of gradients and just pick the adequate color for a race/hair/whatever. That way if you want to swich from, say, humans to imps you just need to switch the hair and skin gradients and those are easier to make than color arrays.

For crypters I think that reaper blue, necron green and bone brown would be adequate colors. :D
CoinToast
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aurilika » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:49 pm

GreenSlime wrote:Oh, by the way. In the editor when you place a town it changes tile below to grass. is there a way to fix this? And how hard it would be to implement tile borders (the one I sent with the volcanic ground tile)?

I just went ahead and changed this so that it doesn't change it to grass unless it's not a walkable tile.

As for tile borders, I've had it a little lower on my priority list because the easiest way I can think of to do it requires adding two additional unity tilemap entities, and that would only support one type of overhang tile (well, more unless they're touching each other). So I sort of view it as having not a whole ton of benefit, but requiring a decent amount of research / implementation time, so that makes it lower priority, at least for now.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:36 pm

For the whole wolves/tigers deal being discussed, even before my slimes we're in, I played exclusively as cats(I'm a cat person, most dogs bug me), so it's no skin off my nose if they become a sub race(though it WOULD require me to adjust my map, unless we get an additional race at the same time to replace them). However, naturally, if the cats and dogs are getting advanced forms/sub races, of course the discussion jumps to: what about the other races? Something draconic for the lizards(I know Dragonvorelover135 would enjoy that, he was asking for dragons since my slimes, speaking of, I don't know what advanced form/race my slimes could have yet), and Foxes could get kyubi(9-tailed fox).
Turbotowns
???

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:59 pm

dragons and lizards have enough of a difference i think they should be separate, if humanoid/anthro dragons ever arrive. Lizard got an aztec theme, and dragons would be good for a classic fantasy theme medieval theme.

For mercenary camps... since they're just mercenaries why wouldn't they just draw off the existing races in the existing game? at least to start. pretty much any race will have some appeal to someone, so maybe focus on using camps to introduce power units if they're used for hiring purposes. if they're just little bandit raiding faction they dont need to be special races.

Also I had heard that Greenslime was working on an anthro style reskin project, but it sounds like it's on the back-burner for now, an option to toggle existing races into furries instead of demis.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:17 pm

GramzonTheDragon wrote:dragons and lizards have enough of a difference i think they should be separate, if humanoid/anthro dragons ever arrive. Lizard got an aztec theme, and dragons would be good for a classic fantasy theme medieval theme.

For mercenary camps... since they're just mercenaries why wouldn't they just draw off the existing races in the existing game? at least to start. pretty much any race will have some appeal to someone, so maybe focus on using camps to introduce power units if they're used for hiring purposes. if they're just little bandit raiding faction they dont need to be special races.

Also I had heard that Greenslime was working on an anthro style reskin project, but it sounds like it's on the back-burner for now, an option to toggle existing races into furries instead of demis.

He's currently HD-ing the... complex? 2ed Tier? Races... (compared to the first 5 which are all effectively the same but with different ears and tails.)
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:24 pm

SOON
Turbotowns
???

Postby GreenSlime » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:29 pm

I mean, the sprites are there. No digitigrade feet,but with a different head and body recolor you can make them anthro looking like the attached pic. Something more complex will have to wait, though.

And mercenary camps should function exactly as Gramzon described, with added bonus of being able to recruit normally not hireable units (monsters) and races exclusive to them.
Attachments
furry.png
furry.png (3.13 KiB) Viewed 987 times
GreenSlime
Participator

Re: Vore War V13

Postby Aurilika » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:35 pm

V13 Released. I was hoping to get either the first set of palette swaps or the Mercenary house in this build, but I encountered some small setbacks and ran out of time. My short list for the next patch, aside from bug fixing, is Save starting options option, saving specific unit customizations, and the mercenary house. After that I'll probably work on implementing all of the new sprites.

13:
Lamia race has been added at long last.
Incorporated Baif's improvements: the animated bellies, the quick unit died in stomach icon, and combat log appearance improvements.
Fleeing armies have been updated to take the time it would take them to reach a village to reach it, before that they are invisible and insubstantial. When you dismiss units outside of a village, they will now head for the nearest village using this same mechanic. When units arrive you get a notification at the beginning of your turn.
Vagrants will now flee when they have eaten a certain quantity of units, or if they feel they're outmatched, as was intended in their original spec. They also scale depending on how long the game has gone on, and depending on the max army size of empires.
Corpses and clothes are now labeled when you hover over them.
There's now an option to automatically pause the battle at the last moment before it goes back to the world map, so you can review the combat log and the state of units. It still happens before the end of battle xp and auto consuming of corpses if that's on, and other end of battle tasks happen.
Reimplemented AI target priorities into the new AI pathfinder system (they favor retaking friendly cities and allied cities over taking hostile cities)
Villages can be placed on tiles besides grass in the map editor now
Adjusted layers so breasts will be in front of belly, as long as breasts are not covered by clothing.
Burp sound effect added for the end of digestion.
Units in the hireable list (dismissed units or the active garrison) will now raise their exp to meet the minimum if they are under the amount of free exp generated for new units.
Fix for the tutorial not functioning correctly.
Fixed the two cleavage sprites not working as intended (Imp leader & Cat leader at larger sizes)
Fixed Friendly Regurgitation not being saved properly again (there was a = where there should have been a =>)
Entering the map editor in a game no longer resets villages to the old default village sizes.
Vagrants now have colors as intended (I had missed that fact). (Vagrants Armies from the previous versions will default to a single color, but new vagrants will generate properly)
Scrolling in the exchange window or while over the tactical log, or other UI element will no longer have the camera zoom at the same time. Also fixed the Exchange windows not being the right size, or having to scroll to see your units when you have a small army.
Fixed bug where copying clothing with the slime queen in an army would throw an error.
Can no longer use the keyboard to interact with buttons. This was causing a collision with the enter key being both the reuse last button and the end turn button causing double turns and other weirdness. If there's anyone that actually used keys to navigate between buttons let me know and I'll try to implement an alternate method.
Behind the scenes changes to allow for more vibrant color schemes for units
Added town names for Scylla, Human, Crypters
Fixed AI army sitting idle if it's in a village with 0 population and needing to recruit.
Cleaned up a memory leak regarding tactical units in some cases.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GreenSlime » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:51 pm

Yay, V13! I'm just in time for it!

Just in time with... Harpies!

I didn't include stuff that's already on the other spritesheets. Will post colors later (in fact I also need to do slime colors and eye colors).

Harpy weapons:
-Bronze claws
-Steel claws (nothing else really fits their animation)
-Throwing axe
-Javelin

I made crests' contour softer, i'll still have to test how it looks.
Attachments
harpy sprites.png
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:21 am

I used 1,2,3, and enter, does this mean we HAVE to click now?

GreenSlime wrote:Will post colors later (in fact I also need to do slime colors and eye colors).

Didn't you already post colors for my slimes?

-----------------------------------------------------

Oh, and the lamia towns aren't in the editor(also the human and crypter town sprites on the left side menu are borked.)
AND When I resized during a game it STILL moves the units(at least resizing it back to the prior size moves them back)... But ONLY for the non default directions(the ones it starts on, top and right, DON'T move them, but left and down DO), a bit annoying, I was going to resize in BOTH directions to try to move them back after the first resize.

Huh? Also, when I tweaked the world settings the colors broke, light purple and green just says "light" in the drop down menu, and light blue disappeared entirely.
Last edited by Turbotowns on Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:45 am

You know what JUST NOW occurred to me... The ability to FIGHT OUR OWN RACE, as ANOTHER TEAM! I.E. Team1-Slimes-colorDarkGreen V.S. Team2-Slimes-colorLIGHTGreen! Or we could have a war between, like, 6 different teams of humans if we want to be boring! XD The ability to add ADDITIONAL teams of races that were ALREADY ADDED! The whole subjugated units rejoining their original side could easily changed to TEAM rather than Race, which would also make sense, if someone took one of my allied cat's towns, made an army of cats, and used them against me, naturally some of the units should REMEMBER that I'm on their race's side and rejoin me.

Oh yeah, don't know how'd that work in the editor unless we can give the villages team tags...
Last edited by Turbotowns on Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turbotowns
???

Postby VLover552 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:06 am

I just came up with a tiny little suggestion for the game, increased brush size for the map editor so that turning an entire ocean into land does not take several years to do (I may or may not like my maps uuuge)
VLover552
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:17 am

VLover552 wrote:I just came up with a tiny little suggestion for the game, increased brush size for the map editor so that turning an entire ocean into land does not take several years to do (I may or may not like my maps uuuge)

Haha! Oh yeah, also maybe if it's not too much trouble, but an actual map screenshot taker program thing, as my map is getting bigger, the cities are starting to get unrecognizable. ESPECIALLY if you try to zoom in on the screenshot. XD

As well as a select and cut/copy tool?(You've probably noticed the pattern with my map.)
Last edited by Turbotowns on Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Zond » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:17 am

I found a bug
  if you only have a lower part of clothes
boobs not increasing
Spoiler: show
Sorry, I use translator >.<
Zond
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:21 am

Zond wrote:I found a bug
boobs not increasing

Did... you subjugate those slimes?! AS CATS!? I feel a little betrayed...
Turbotowns
???

Postby Zond » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:36 am

Turbotowns wrote:
Zond wrote:I found a bug
boobs not increasing

Did... you subjugate those slimes?! AS CATS!? I feel a little betrayed...

no no what you just had a little conflict, which we quickly ate)
and now they are part of our empire, Harpies, too, but they are inside us)
and our first friends are foxes, that by eating got people into their empire)
this brief information about my mainland :silly:
Sorry, I use translator >.<
Zond
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GreenSlime » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:04 am

There's a bit of graphical weirdness with lamias: First, male/futa lamias' dicks should be a couple pixels higher. Second, the rings on their tails are flesh-colored which looks kinda weird. Same color set as their tails (but different color) should look better.

Also, a question - Is there a way to implement prey moving between stomachs? Like, first the prey moves to human stomach and a couple of turns later into snake stomach? Or by volume, adding to both human and snake stomachs?

Didn't you already post colors for my slimes?

Yes, but those were old-style flats.
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby VLover552 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:34 am

Loving the update so far and my only little criticism so far is the whole burp thing and the little death skull when the digestion finishes it's fine and all but I just would love a option to turn it on/off idk I guess i'm just petty in that aspect and I love to death having loads of options for things in vore games makes me feel like I can make my own story with stuff and such and also I encountered this weird game breaking bug that I'm going to try and re create and see if it was just a fluke thing or not but I figured I'd say it here just in case
VLover552
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:45 am

GreenSlime wrote:There's a bit of graphical weirdness with lamias: First, male/futa lamias' dicks should be a couple pixels higher. Second, the rings on their tails are flesh-colored which looks kinda weird. Same color set as their tails (but different color) should look better.

The dicks on harpies also looks weird, I didn't say anything cause I didn't know whether or not it was even POSSIBLE to adjust it some for JUST THEM, AND, I didn't know if it was just me.

Also, what the formula for the belly bouncing? Like when is it supposed to bounce and why?
Turbotowns
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game