Fallout Vore Overhaul Addon: Voremersion v1.4.8

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Fallout Vore Overhaul Addon: Voremersion v1.3.1

Postby PanzerschreckLeopard » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:05 pm

How do I make perks work? As expected, it initially says "you have no perk points," but once I gained one, the page was just blank, nothing to do but exit.
PanzerschreckLeopard
New to the forum

Postby Carreau » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:39 pm

Is it completely blank? It doesn't even have the "Drink Nuka Acid" text?
Mod author of Fallout Vore. Read my blogs for what I’ll be doing next with Fallout Vore
Carreau
---

Postby lyingunderfire » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:55 pm

PanzerschreckLeopard wrote:How do I make perks work? As expected, it initially says "you have no perk points," but once I gained one, the page was just blank, nothing to do but exit.

I noticed that the first time you gain a perk point that there is normally nothing unlocked at that point. By the time you get your second perk point you should have leveled up enough to invest into something. At least, that is what I noticed even before Voremersion was a thing.
lyingunderfire
Somewhat familiar

Postby Carreau » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:09 pm

I completely forget that people still use the holotape. Yeah. If the screen is blank in the holotape menu, just keep leveling up. The first perk is available at level 16, but also requires a STR of 4.

My previous comment was about the MCM perk menu.

So, I found a fun glitch today with the base game. I was doing Rocket's Red Glare while testing a new function in Thicc Vore to temporarily disable companions when you teleport to places they can't follow, like the Institute. Bria stayed disabled the whole time, and it was because she was removed from the Current Companion Faction for whatever reason. After the quest was done, she was added back to the faction and thicc vore continued on with her like normal. The new function runs a bunch of checks when the player travels between interior and exterior cells or uses fast travel and if the companion's not there, it temporarily disables the timers and HUD until you meet back up. One of the checks is the current companion faction, which should always be a valid check on a current companion >_>

EDIT: Now I see. Companions are "soft disabled" on the Prydwen so you can't command them to stay behind.
Mod author of Fallout Vore. Read my blogs for what I’ll be doing next with Fallout Vore
Carreau
---

Postby lyingunderfire » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:30 pm

Does anyone else think that the XP required to level up is too steep? I am at Vore Level 19 about to go to 20 with the following statistics:

Humans: 68
Mirelurks: 9
Animals: 11

[Increased Capacity would definitely help speed this up but we still have a long ways to go, Level 28, before acquiring it.]
lyingunderfire
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheMysteriousSadSack » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:41 pm

is it normal to have two voremersion menus in mcm?
TheMysteriousSadSack
New to the forum

Postby Carreau » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:09 pm

lyingunderfire wrote:Does anyone else think that the XP required to level up is too steep? I am at Vore Level 19 about to go to 20 with the following statistics:

Humans: 68
Mirelurks: 9
Animals: 11

[Increased Capacity would definitely help speed this up but we still have a long ways to go, Level 28, before acquiring it.]

It's currently set to 6 times your level for XP to level up. I have a floor on XP earned to be a quarter of your current level to prevent low level prey from giving next to nothing. So, you should be getting at minimum 5 points of XP for low level prey and need 114 points to level up. It should take at most 22-25 prey to level up while the ideal, same-level prey, should be 10-ish. Taking your prey count there, you should have gained at the very least 4 levels from level 14. So, level 18. Since you're going to level 20, that sounds fairly close to right.

The current formula for generating XP is:
PredVoreLevel/2.0 * (1.0-(PredVanillaLevel-PreyVanillaLevel)/(PredVanillaLevel)

The idea here is that at most you can get half of your vore level as XP (so at level 18, you'd be getting 9.5 rounded up to 10) but using vanilla level differences to dampen the amount you earn. That rewards the player for engaging with similar level prey, or even higher level prey rather than incentivizing clearing out low level areas for easy XP. If the amount earned is below 1/4 your level, you get the 1/4 level.

All of this is before perks, so perks will always benefit.

More capacity definitely helps. If the numbers still feel low, I can always beef them up a bit. Maybe instead of rewarding between 1/4 and 1/2, I shift it to 1/3 and 2/3 or something similar. The issue is that it definitely becomes easier at later levels to gain XP quickly with increased capacity.

Maybe, instead of awarding XP on a per prey basis, I award it based on the average level of all prey at the end of digestion. That would definitely even the playing field out

TheMysteriousSadSack wrote:is it normal to have two voremersion menus in mcm?

No. You have a duplicate folder. Make sure you delete any manually installed files if you used the FOMOD installer
Carreau
---

Postby lyingunderfire » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:15 pm

I was just wondering because I am into a 21 hour playthrough (Level 36) right now with almost no level gain and I have been using Nuka Acid for the XP boost.

[Which is why we asked. We don't want to play a large part in the balance of the mod single-handedly. We always have unique problems.]

If no one else if having this problem, then leave it as is.
lyingunderfire
Somewhat familiar

Postby Carreau » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:50 am

Zombiese and I are discussing the mechanics in PM right now. There is definitely room for improvement on the system as I have it set up.
Carreau
---

Postby Delt » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:05 pm

***I'm reposting this because I think it's getting cut off on the end of page 115 of the thread***

I didn't see your request to see pics of the male progress Carreau, but here we go. I'm a little antsy to get to the next bit of this post so I'll just attach a bodyslide screenshot of what I did and explain what I did. what I did was, with outfit studio, load the male body (it was easy for me since I use SHB and had .OSP files to work with to begin with) and disable the body itself as reference (or in some cases with outfits, it won't have a reference). then I'd just load up the coldsteel body as a reference and conform sliders, but i didn't bother with bones weights since I didn't care to deal with that. since most outfits in the game already had the vm_cancoldsteel keyword from me fiddling in fo4edit, as soon as I built the outfits to the male body they worked immediately.
ANYWAY, as a quick precursor, I figured out how to make it so that the melee attacks of monsters/creatures have a vore chance. I can get in depth with this if someone wants, but I'll continue. I'm getting a little overzealous with this, but I'm trying to add coldsteel bellies to monsters/creatures large enough for it to make sense, but i've run into a wall. monsters technically have an ARMO file attached to them, usually denoted as "SkinMirelurk," "SkinGulper," "SkinYaoguai..." etc. when I've added the vm_cancoldsteel keyword to armors it worked seamlessly for males and female alike, but this isn't working. I've loaded the skin meshes into bodyslide by extracting the meshes from their respective "Bethesda file archive," did the same with them that I did with the male bodies, saved the same way, it loaded fine into bodyslide, I even built the skin mesh in bodyslide successfully. and yet- it doesn't work in-game. I was thinking maybe it was the fact that "skin" armor files are a bit finnicky, but I saw that in the voremersion esm the regular human "skinnaked" was edited the same way, and it obviously works. the only thing I can think of is that the game isn't reading the outputted bodyslide files, because everything seems to be in place.
Attachments
coldsteel display.png
Delt
Somewhat familiar

Postby Carreau » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:21 pm

When you say it doesn't work, do you mean you're not getting any kind of belly on the creature? The stock Gat belly won't show because the actor must be either human or ghoul.

As for the keyword side of the deal, the slots look the same

mirelurkSkin.png
mirelurkSkin.png (37.4 KiB) Viewed 1287 times

human skin.png
human skin.png (35.85 KiB) Viewed 1288 times

I specifically have to look at slot 3 (it shows as 33 in the CK) to get the armor itself and then check the armor for the keyword. Once it does that, the slider is affected, and it's done by name. So that means that any name difference between the slider and what my script calls out will create a no go situation. The sliders have to specifically be called "Vore prey belly" for the prey belly and "Giant belly (coldsteelj)" for the digestion belly. Lastly, creatures are almost always flagged male. Make sure you're turning on the male coldsteel toggle in MCM.

Hopefully that helps.
Carreau
---

Postby NaomiLuvsU » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:25 pm

Is it possible to check the stats of a follower if I'm using multiple followers at once? I don't know where Bria's level is at since I can't get the distendex to work when everyone is following me.

One more question.

I'm pretty sure that Bria as eaten enough people to move onto robots but she can't eat them. Does Bria automatically get new perks as she levels uo or no?

Thanks for dealing with my stupidity!
NaomiLuvsU
Been posting for a bit

Postby Carreau » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:30 pm

SkyGuy wrote:Is it possible to check the stats of a follower if I'm using multiple followers at once? I don't know where Bria's level is at since I can't get the distendex to work when everyone is following me.

One more question.

I'm pretty sure that Bria as eaten enough people to move onto robots but she can't eat them. Does Bria automatically get new perks as she levels uo or no?

Thanks for dealing with my stupidity!

As I've stated before, I don't code around multiple followers. So, if you want to know more specifics about her stats, dismiss your other followers and try again. The way it's set up right now, distendix is going to pull whatever companion is sitting in the Companion Alias in the Followers quest.

All NPCs automatically level. High Iron Diet 1 is a level 40 perk.
Carreau
---

Postby Delt » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:55 pm

No, i never expected the gat bellies to work based on the assumption that it required specific skeletons, I was trying to use the coldsteel "vore prey belly" and "giant belly" sliders. I'd extracted the meshes used for the creature skins with a bsa extractor, and edited successfully in outfit studio so they'd show up and conform correctly to sliders in bodyslide. it's just that even after i build the body shapes for the creatures in bodyslide, in game they don't match what I just saw in bodyslide. the vore function still works, but it seems like the meshes built in bodyslide aren't overwritting the base creature meshes. I can't seem to describe it well enough like this so I attached a screenshot.
Attachments
gulper.png
Delt
Somewhat familiar

Postby Galmar1313 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:13 pm

Delt wrote:No, i never expected the gat bellies to work based on the assumption that it required specific skeletons, I was trying to use the coldsteel "vore prey belly" and "giant belly" sliders. I'd extracted the meshes used for the creature skins with a bsa extractor, and edited successfully in outfit studio so they'd show up and conform correctly to sliders in bodyslide. it's just that even after i build the body shapes for the creatures in bodyslide, in game they don't match what I just saw in bodyslide. the vore function still works, but it seems like the meshes built in bodyslide aren't overwritting the base creature meshes. I can't seem to describe it well enough like this so I attached a screenshot.

Just tried the applying keyword to dogmeat's skin armor and it works like a charm :D for me. Remember that after the keyword has been applied it needs a new armor piece
Last edited by Galmar1313 on Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galmar1313
Participator

Postby Delt » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:17 pm

Galmar1313 wrote:Just tried the applying keyword to dogmeat's skin armor and it works like a charm :D for me. Remember that after the keyword has been applied it needs a new armor piece

you're shitting me; alright bear with me, did you use the keyword vm_cancoldsteel or vm_coldsteelbody? also what EXACTLY do you mean by "it needs a new armor piece," because that sounds like the exact thing I'm doing wrong.
Delt
Somewhat familiar

Postby Galmar1313 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:21 pm

Delt wrote:
Galmar1313 wrote:Just tried the applying keyword to dogmeat's skin armor and it works like a charm :D for me. Remember that after the keyword has been applied it needs a new armor piece

you're shitting me; alright bear with me, did you use the keyword vm_cancoldsteel or vm_coldsteelbody? also what EXACTLY do you mean by "it needs a new armor piece," because that sounds like the exact thing I'm doing wrong.

I only use VM_cancoldsteel and i mean that if you apply the keyword and load into a save where the npcs had the armor your trying to convert before you added the keyword it wont work. I just made a new character really quickly to test it out.
Galmar1313
Participator

Postby Urielzael2 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:23 pm

I have a question. I understand Bria is all about vore but why she is not fan of Canibalism. Shouldn't she just give a snarky comment that player should train stomach in bigger bits instead small ones? You no it can be considered Hard vore. Also Keep up with fantastic work - I am really excited about next update.
Urielzael2
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Delt » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:24 pm

That's the exact same thing I've been doing. load meshes into outfit studio->conform->save->check it works in bodyslide->build meshes->find mesh in creation kit and add keyword-> new game-> spawn creature-> nothing.
I've checked countless times that i'm spawning the right npc and am editing the right meshes used by the npc. could I bother you to upload the dogmeat edit so I can pick it apart and see if i'm doing anything wrong?
Delt
Somewhat familiar

Postby Galmar1313 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:27 pm

Here is a screenshot btw.
Attachments
Fallout 4 Screenshot 2018.10.14 - 23.23.55.59.png
Galmar1313
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game