Forest of Desire (Windows, Linux, Mac, Android)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Who is your favorite character in the game?

Lucy, the sexy succubus
33%
Mizu, the water elemental maid
7%
Petra, the stalking earth elemental
4%
Ruby, the aggressive fire elemental
4%
Slyph, the sprinting wind elemental
6%
The Witch
16%
Yuki, the snow woman
10%
Melodiana, the innocent angel
20%

Total votes : 254

Forest of Desire (Windows, Linux, Mac, Android)

Postby eatme1234 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:59 am

I present to you a simple vore game, Forest of Desires. (Cue spooky ghost music)
Maze1.png

This game started off as me just playing around with procedural generation, until I decided "Eh, might as well make a game out of this." This game took only 2 weeks to code and I consider it complete (meaning there probably won't be any updates apart from major bug fixes). Feel free to post your high scores on this thread. Also I'm not sure if the hardest difficulty is even beatable, but if it is, feel free to prove it.

Story
"Yes, I know where the Forest of Desires is."

The old man before you tells you something that you've heard a decent amount of times. You've been on a quest to find the legend of the Forest of Desires, a place that reads your mind and grants you any item you seek. Anyone would think this rumor is fake, but you've seen its effects on your friend. He showed you these 8 gems he got from it, that he managed to sell for a ridiculous price. You asked him to lead you to it, but he says he can't remember where it was...

You've gone to several bars, looking for any hints of its location. Many people claim to know where it is, only for them to bring you in a secluded area and attempt to rob you (and fail doing so). Something about this old man seems promising though.

"You need more proof? Well look at this..."

The man reaches into his pocket and takes out a gem... a gem very similar to the one your friend showed you. That was all the proof you needed, and you agree to follow the man. The man takes you to a forest and warns you of the long path ahead...

30 minutes past and you feel your legs starting to get tired. The dirt path is long gone and you wonder if the man is even going the right way. You find a stump and tell him to wait a while for you to recover. A few minutes pass and your ready to go... but there is no sight of the old man. Calling out to him proves useless, and you realize you don't even know his name. Suddenly a bright light appears, and when it recedes it reveals a beautiful angel.

"Yet another human who enters the Forest of Desire... your greed shall be the end of you..." You ask her what she means by that. "The Forest of Desire does grant any thing that's currently on your mind, but there are many dangers within... many come seeking desires, only for them to become desired and never return..." You start having second thoughts about going in here in the first place. "I understand you may be having doubts, but I am afraid I can not help you... at least not yet. You see the forest lures people in with promises of desire, but only allows them to leave when their desires are satisfied..."

It seems that the only way to get out is to find those items you've desired. "When you have found all your desires, please return to me, and I may take you out safely."

Gameplay
The goal of this game is to collect 8 items in a randomly generated maze and live to tell the tale. The game consists of 7 predators, each of which has different vore game overs. This game contains Oral Vore, Breast Vore, Anal Vore, and Unbirth! There are many customization options so you can tune the game to your liking. These include setting the amount of items that need to be collected, the amount of each enemy in the maze, which enemies spawn, and more. There is even a scoring system that gives points based off the difficulty of the game, how fast you complete it, and various other things. This is a simple game that I consider complete, so it may not get any more updates (apart from bug fixes).

Adding your own items
A neat feature that I added (for some reason) is the ability to add your own sprites in the game as collectibles. The Forest of Desire grant whatever you wish, and not everyone wants gems right? Here's how to add your own sprites:

1) Goto the location of the game's exe.
    2) Open the Forest of Desires_Data Folder
    3) Open the StreamingAssets Folder
    4) View the Readme Located there

Any png placed in that folder that has the name "desire" will be used when you start up the game. There are some various examples you can use in there as well, just rename any of them to use them.

Screenshots
Spoiler: show
Maze2.png

Maze3.png

Maze4.png

Maze5.png

Download(What you've been looking for)
Password for the files is: eatme
LucyDownload.png
LucyDownload.png (79.75 KiB) Viewed 23121 times

Important information for Mac Users:
If the program doesn't seem to start for you, another user mentioned that the app isn't marked as an executable, therefore you need terminal and chmod +x. Thanks to luke1401 for mentioning this.

luke1401 wrote:Some googling and I fixed it. The app wasn't marked executable so needed terminal and chmod +x.

Known Bugs
- Due to random generation there is a extremely small chance that the maze spawns incomplete and never opens the door. If you are stuck on the
"Generating Maze" part for at least 2 minutes, chances are this may have happened. Just press Escape to go back to the main menu and try again.
- There is an extremely small chance that the maze may not close in some areas. Just don't jump off, as there is only an endless void.
- There is also a small chance that you may end up with an impossible maze. The only way to know this is if a breadcrumb just runs into a wall.
- Depending on your phone's specs, you may experience lag especially with lighting settings. If it is too much feel free to disable any enemies that use lighting
(such as Ruby)
- On some resolutions the tips may not fully show.
Last edited by eatme1234 on Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
eatme1234
Participator

Re: Forest of Desire (Windows, Linux, Mac, Android)

Postby luke1401 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:52 am

I downloaded the mac version and it tells me the package cant be opened.
luke1401
Participator

Postby bartek21 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:12 am

please win 32 bit
bartek21
Somewhat familiar

Postby HavocLordX » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:49 am

I enjoy this game, but the thing is, this could use some sounds for breast-vore, unbirth, oral, anal-vore...That's about the only gripe I have right now.
HavocLordX
Participator

Postby leetfan12 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:04 pm

When I try to extract the files I get
C:\Users\vali1\Saved Games\Forest of Desire (Windows).rar: Checksum error in the encrypted file Windows\Forest of Desires_Data\Managed\mscorlib.dll. Corrupt file or wrong password.
C:\Users\vali1\Saved Games\Forest of Desire (Windows).rar: Checksum error in the encrypted file Windows\Forest of Desires_Data\sharedassets0.assets.resS. Corrupt file or wrong password.
C:\Users\vali1\Saved Games\Forest of Desire (Windows).rar: Checksum error in the encrypted file Windows\Forest of Desires_Data\sharedassets1.assets.resS. Corrupt file or wrong password.
Do you know what might cause this error?
leetfan12
New to the forum

Postby therusted » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:33 pm

i think the maid is bugged,they just moonwalk away from you and wont vore you if you run into them

or maybe its supposed to be like that,you know maids always moonwalk when they are not hungry IRL : D
therusted
Somewhat familiar

Postby RC8015 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:51 pm

The game itself is fun, but hard as hell^^ Can figure out how to evade the big blue girl, she just gets me every time. But you can disable stuff as you like, so its fine :D Love all the different customisations you can do.

Bug: The tips do not show completly, so i cant read most of them (Windows version,FullHD not-window mode)

Edit: Blue girl = Sylph...and you just like sidestep to evade her charge^^
Last edited by RC8015 on Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DB1224 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:08 pm

therusted wrote:i think the maid is bugged,they just moonwalk away from you and wont vore you if you run into them

or maybe its supposed to be like that,you know maids always moonwalk when they are not hungry IRL : D

For the maid to attack she need to be angry. And how you anger a maid ? You put breadcrumb everywhere.
Legally it's questionable.
Morally it's disgusting.
Personally I love it.
DB1224
Participator

Postby eatme1234 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:13 pm

I downloaded the mac version and it tells me the package can't be opened.

Uploading the Mac version again. Being that I don't have a Mac/Linux computer I can't really test for myself if they work. It should be up in about 10 minutes.

please win 32 bit

Unfortunately, unity doesn't allow builds for 32 bit windows, only x86 and 64...
Edit: Eka has corrected me regarding 32 bit. I am currently uploading a working 32 bit version right now.

When I try to extract the files I get
C:\Users\vali1\Saved Games\Forest of Desire (Windows).rar: Checksum error in the encrypted file Windows\Forest of Desires_Data\Managed\mscorlib.dll. Corrupt file or wrong password.
C:\Users\vali1\Saved Games\Forest of Desire (Windows).rar: Checksum error in the encrypted file Windows\Forest of Desires_Data\sharedassets0.assets.resS. Corrupt file or wrong password.
C:\Users\vali1\Saved Games\Forest of Desire (Windows).rar: Checksum error in the encrypted file Windows\Forest of Desires_Data\sharedassets1.assets.resS. Corrupt file or wrong password.
Do you know what might cause this error?

Remember the rar have passwords, and the password is in the main post.

i think the maid is bugged,they just moonwalk away from you and wont vore you if you run into them

The game itself is fun, but hard as hell^^ Can figure out how to evade the big blue girl, she just gets me every time. But you can disable stuff as you like, so its fine :D Love all the different customisations you can do.

Each girl has different mechanic that you must figure out in order to find out how they work. Try experimenting with them. If you really want to know how those two work check the spoiler below...
Mizu, the water elemental maid, only gets mad when she has to clean up anything you drop (aka breadcrumbs). When she cleans one breadcrumb, she will chase you for until she loses track of you, but if she cleans too many breadcrumbs, she will permanently be aggressive.
Slyph, the wind elemental, can be stunned by shining the light on her.

In the pause menu, clicking the tips button will generate tips for each predator, but there seems to be a big where certain resolutions don't show the entire tip...
Last edited by eatme1234 on Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eatme1234
Participator

Postby Eka » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:24 pm

eatme1234 wrote:
please win 32 bit

Unfortunately, unity doesn't allow builds for 32 bit windows, only x86 and 64...

Pretty sure x86 is 32bit. In the build area, make sure you have checked x86 instead of x86_64 and it should work on 32bit operating system.
Eka
Administrator

Postby luke1401 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:37 pm

luke1401 wrote:I downloaded the mac version and it tells me the package cant be opened.

Some googling and I fixed it. The app wasn't marked executable so needed terminal and chmod +x.
luke1401
Participator

Postby leetfan12 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:21 pm

Remember the rar have passwords, and the password is in the main post.

I did insert the password and I am certain it is corect. Inserting the wrong password shows a larger list of corrupted files.
leetfan12
New to the forum

Postby MomijiTheDeer » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:43 pm

what is with the angel that sits around, does she do anything?
MomijiTheDeer
New to the forum

Postby Firon » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:13 pm

MomijiTheDeer wrote:what is with the angel that sits around, does she do anything?

she is how you win levels...collect all the gems and she unbirths you
Firon
---

Postby darksign13 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:45 pm

Just a bit of a suggestion, but you might want to make the character "invisible" at the spawn point, or move the monsters further away. I always seem to get jumped right as I start, long before I can even think about where to go. I'm using the windows64 version, by the way, and had no trouble getting the game up and running.
A hand on the bird is worth two hands in the bush.
darksign13
Been posting for a bit

Postby HavocLordX » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:06 pm

By that, do you mean some kind of safe-point at first? and if you're getting jumped at spawn, do you hear a giggle of somekind? that's usually Sylph. Elemen Sister of Wind.
HavocLordX
Participator

Postby astrikur » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:06 pm

Are the images in "StreamingAssets" that are tilted "anime" used for anything or are they just random images?
astrikur
New to the forum

Postby HavocLordX » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:07 pm

yes. you can use them and replace the normal items you have to collect.
HavocLordX
Participator

Postby astrikur » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:08 pm

HavocLordX Alright, thought so but can never be sure.
Edit: should have just read the entire ReadMe...
astrikur
New to the forum

Postby HavocLordX » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:15 pm

astrikur wrote:HavocLordX Alright, thought so but can never be sure.
Edit: should have just read the entire ReadMe...

All good then? Excellent. glad I could be of use and some assistance.
HavocLordX
Participator

Next

Return to Vore game