Mushy Shroom Hunter 2?

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Three Questions. Lead Character's gender? Lead Caracter's Race? and Game Format?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:21 pm

Female
24%
Herm
15%
Feline
13%
Mouse
13%
Canine
3%
Side-Scroll
25%
Top-Down
6%

Total votes : 157

Re: Mushy Shroom Hunter 2?

Postby 665544o » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:52 pm

I can't seem to jump in the demo, am I missing the button to jump?
665544o
New to the forum

Postby Thagrahn » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:46 pm

665544o wrote:I can't seem to jump in the demo, am I missing the button to jump?

It's a little awkward, but clicking the mouse wheel ( or center mouse button) makes you jump.
Left and right mouse buttons are weapons, and the mouse cursor (the cross) is to aim the weapons.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:45 pm

Been doing research on things regarding GameMaker Studio 1.4, and how to pull off pull off different effects including Object States, Enumeration, Global Variables, and Scripts.

This is going to take quite a bit to set down in a simple and focused path, which means doing documentation and testing of ideas.

Biggest change comes to how the MC is set up, as currently there is no limit or feed back from weapons. Also the weapons are currently just single purpose, which makes the platforming basic and boring with no puzzle solving elements.

Significant change comes to how the levels are put together as I have learned more about how objects can be manipulated, and the advantage of tilesets instead of pure object based level creation.

A lot of work ahead to really make this a significant upgrade to the original game.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby RC8015 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:50 am

I believe the community is mostly patient as not many here create content to make help making money, most do it as a hobby and for fun. So we are used to wait^^
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Slayerhero90 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:45 pm

Somewhat interested to see how this develops.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby formaldehyde » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:47 am

hey
noticed a mention u lost most old resources of first game when your comp died. guess all u got's a .exe version of the game someone had.

if thats the case, thought id put this out there... older versions of gamemaker i know people have made decompilers that can turn the .exe back into gm source files. (i dunno if gm studio still has this vulnerability) i liked using it a lot in my day to screw around with games like spelunky just for the hell of it lol

so, if you wanna look back to your past or get some old sprite resources or whatevs thats an option. course if you just wanna move on i get it too

thought id just throw that out there. good luck with this project
formaldehyde
Been posting for a bit

Postby Thagrahn » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:05 pm

Well, this project has been basically sitting on the shelf for 18 months while I tried figuring out what direction to take with it.

Did a lot of trial and error stuff, but in the end most of the existing demo is scrap. Plus, new computer to work on so the fact that I wasn't happy with most of the graphics and coding can be skipped without distracting me into trying to reuse it.

All in all thought, seems like the game is headed in an odd mix of action RPG with a side scroll view. Thankfully, a new start with improved pixel art skills should help a lot with how I feel about making progress in this game.

Doesn't help that this is currently one of three games I am trying to make, but it is the simplest of the three.

Going to update the original post with information on where the game is going, and plans for this. Thankfully, the break from trying to actually make a game and just playing with mechanics and pixel art has left me feeling less stressed, though the Covid-19 pandemic more than made up for it through problems at work.

The move to an action oriented puzzle game means there is room to grow beyond what the original game was, and should make the game more enjoyable for those that want actually game play with the vore aspect as flavor instead of focus.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Previous

Return to Vore game