My Naruto Interactive Story

This forum revolves around interactive vore stories. You are free to promote interactive stories on this site and other sites and discuss them here.

My Naruto Interactive Story

Postby Nobodyman » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:01 pm

Hey! So there's two reasons for me making this thread. One is to promote my new interactive story, which is an adaptation of a Naruto fanfic I wrote for this site, and to try to get some answers about some issues I'm having (and any issues I may have in the future).

First, here's a link to the story: https://aryion.com/iss/page.php?page=1&story=801

As for my concerns, the site's interactive story program has been working pretty good for me so far, but I have to main concerns.

1. I seem to be unable to delete any of my pages. When I attempt it, it just gives me an error screen.

2. If you look at my Overview, you'll see one of the pages is cited as a "Looped Link". I believe this is due to me re-allocating the pages when I wanted to cancel out a branch. But if you go to the pages themselves, it appears to be fine and I don't think there are any actual loops. Is there a way to get rid of the loop so I can see all the pages that come after that page in the Overview?

Any help would be much appreciated. And let me know what you think of my story if you have any thoughts on it. Thanks!
Last edited by Nobodyman on Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nobodyman
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: My Naruto Interactive Story - Please Help!

Postby Eka » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:08 pm

You can delete the loop by editing individual page, so you can simply add a link to the page it needs to access then delete the link.

I changed some of your structure to remove the loop, but you still need to manage the story a bit before deleting a page. Remember you can't delete a page if there are other pages nested underneath. You have to delete those first. Or create some other way to access those pages.
Eka
Administrator

Re: My Naruto Interactive Story - Please Help!

Postby Nobodyman » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:18 pm

Eka wrote:You can delete the loop by editing individual page, so you can simply add a link to the page it needs to access then delete the link.

I changed some of your structure to remove the loop, but you still need to manage the story a bit before deleting a page. Remember you can't delete a page if there are other pages nested underneath. You have to delete those first. Or create some other way to access those pages.

I'm still not sure I understand. All the links lead exactly where they need to lead (I've tested it), but for some reason that page is still being shown as looped.

Also, yes I'm aware that I can't delete a page that has links in them. But even if I try to delete a page that has no links, it just gives me this error message.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SqlException' in /home/aryion/public_html/iss/sql.php:28 Stack trace: #0 /home/aryion/public_html/iss/action.php(304): sql_query('DELETE FROM pag...') #1 {main} Cannot delete or update a parent row: a foreign key constraint fails (`aryion_istory`.`links`, CONSTRAINT `links_ibfk_3` FOREIGN KEY (`story_id`, `to_page`) REFERENCES `pages` (`story_id`, `page_num`) ON UPDATE CASCADE) :: (DELETE FROM pages WHERE story_id = 801 AND page_num = 15 LIMIT 1) thrown in /home/aryion/public_html/iss/sql.php on line 28

EDIT: I just realized, I think I may have undone what you were trying to do. It looks like the looped link was placed in another branch at the start of the story, but I deleted the link in that branch.

EDIT 2: Okay, I think I've got it now. I can remove the looped links, but only by resubmitting each page in the original branch and moving the original pages to another branch. Which is tedious and time-consuming, but...if it's what I have to do.
Nobodyman
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to Interactive story