Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V14C

Postby HS » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:52 am

MikhailOberchav wrote:what options do you need to have selected in order to use the second stomach on lamia's? or do you just need a certain amount of prey?

Amount, it seems. The tail starts growing from third prey, though it's still rather subtle at that point.
HS
Somewhat familiar

Postby GreenSlime » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:59 pm

Now that I think of it, ever since development moved to Discord, I've been posting less and less previews here. That won't do.

The Idea for this one came from my frustration at distinguishing my hired units and garrison when attacking a city. So right now I'm working on townsfolk costumes. Here's one of them. Obviously unfinished (about 1/3 of the breast sizes, boots and male version), but coming along quite nicely (if I say so myself). The main question is - what should I do for slime villagers? I feel like just giving them normal clothes would be strange, suppose I could give them "melty" clothes like with Slime Queen?

Oh, and tail is definitely growing, although with the current algorhytm it gets obscured by the belly. We've been discussing it with Aurilika, though, and we came up with a better one.
Attachments
villager.png
villager.png (3.46 KiB) Viewed 1771 times
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:26 pm

A neat addition would be adding a min-max dual slider for breast/cock/weight sliders so people can set their preferred max and min weight for weight gain.

The new sprites are rather pudgy even at low weight, and i like the first size of huge boobs as they come together, but the second size is kinda excessive, so capping it out just below would be nice while not letting weight gain go past the 2nd or 3rd weight setting. also, the first couple belly sizes seem really small for having an entire person inside one's stomach.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby KuroTenko » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:06 pm

GreenSlime wrote:Now that I think of it, ever since development moved to Discord, I've been posting less and less previews here. That won't do.

There is a discord for vore war?
KuroTenko
New to the forum

Postby Randulf » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:10 pm

I know better AI is more of a long term thing but I was wondering if you could make sort of a hyper aggressive AI that doesn't build garrisons and only sends out armys
Randulf
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:17 pm

MikhailOberchav wrote:what options do you need to have selected in order to use the second stomach on lamia's? or do you just need a certain amount of prey?

Right now it is enabled by default, and it happens automatically when the lamia has at least 2 full size prey. In the next patch it will be switched back around so that it is disabled by default, but the option will be in the content menu, and do a better job of explaining what it is.

KuroTenko wrote:After Months of lurking and enjoying the updates, wanted to say if done right, the frame work needed to add racial abilities could also make it easier to add other actions such as alternative Vore types. That will be quite the refactor though.
In the meantime I managed to hack in unbirth as a sort of special action. Prey is basically drained of exp until they are finally released as a unit under your control.
VWUnbirthPatch14A.zip

Some tinkering required. I attached a zip of my changes, but I am not sure if the changed files can just be pasted into the source, especially since i added a special action button in the tactical UI. Maybe giving Aurilika some hacks and code mods will get some implementation ideas flowing on racial abilities though.
p.s. really enjoying the new sprites, great job GreenSlime!

I'll check it out and may incorporate pieces of it into the build.

GramzonTheDragon wrote:A neat addition would be adding a min-max dual slider for breast/cock/weight sliders so people can set their preferred max and min weight for weight gain.
The new sprites are rather pudgy even at low weight, and i like the first size of huge boobs as they come together, but the second size is kinda excessive, so capping it out just below would be nice while not letting weight gain go past the 2nd or 3rd weight setting. also, the first couple belly sizes seem really small for having an entire person inside one's stomach.

That wouldn't be too hard to set up, but it's slightly tricky because different races sometimes have different amounts of breast/cock sizes so I'm not quite sure what the best way to display/allow for that is. Though with the new system it's largely the same for most of them. I'll see what I can do with it.

KuroTenko wrote:There is a discord for vore war?

There is not currently a vore war server or anything, but GreenSlime and I have been coordinating our efforts on the new sprites and clothing on there via PMs.

Randulf wrote:I know better AI is more of a long term thing but I was wondering if you could make sort of a hyper aggressive AI that doesn't build garrisons and only sends out armys

At some point I'll probably have AI personalities of some sort that modify behavior, but you can sort of make that happen now if you just set the maximum garrison size to 0 for the AI.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GreenSlime » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:52 am

Well, if unbirth is now in...

Time to draw cockvore sprites.
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby lapraslunch » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:13 am

GreenSlime wrote:Well, if unbirth is now in...

Wait? Are you serious? Is there actually going to be unbirth and cockvore in this as well?!? O.O :D If so, then that would be awesome! :D
lapraslunch
Somewhat familiar

Postby HS » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:37 am

Aurilika wrote:
GramzonTheDragon wrote:A neat addition would be adding a min-max dual slider for breast/cock/weight sliders so people can set their preferred max and min weight for weight gain.

That wouldn't be too hard to set up, but it's slightly tricky because different races sometimes have different amounts of breast/cock sizes so I'm not quite sure what the best way to display/allow for that is. Though with the new system it's largely the same for most of them. I'll see what I can do with it.

If races get individual settings at some point, that would solve this problem. Otherwise you could make a 'rough' slider that applies the closest approximation on the individual values.
HS
Somewhat familiar

Postby Orosaki » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:41 pm

GreenSlime wrote:Now that I think of it, ever since development moved to Discord, I've been posting less and less previews here. That won't do.

The Idea for this one came from my frustration at distinguishing my hired units and garrison when attacking a city. So right now I'm working on townsfolk costumes. Here's one of them. Obviously unfinished (about 1/3 of the breast sizes, boots and male version), but coming along quite nicely (if I say so myself). The main question is - what should I do for slime villagers? I feel like just giving them normal clothes would be strange, suppose I could give them "melty" clothes like with Slime Queen?

Oh, and tail is definitely growing, although with the current algorhytm it gets obscured by the belly. We've been discussing it with Aurilika, though, and we came up with a better one.

You could also design army/garrison banners which show up in the unit window too, This would tell you if the unit is a member of the garison or a member of an army.

It makes sense since real life armies make similar distinctions too. This would free up the vilager outfit for everyone too.

The emblem would need to make a distinction between the two and be understood. Like a sword emblem for armies, and a shield emblem for the garrision, with mini versions in the space the unit is occupying.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby NekoYuki » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:05 pm

Slimes could wear something like shells or such, since obviously fabric would get all slimey...
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby KuroTenko » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:31 pm

Aurilika wrote:I'll check it out and may incorporate pieces of it into the build.

Let me know what you think! I'm going to keep modding to try and polish it and add Cock/Breast vore for myself. I imagine the different "special" vore types sort of functioning like different classes, each with different gameplay mechanics (e.g. Breast Vore could use prey to heal/buff other units).

If you find it useful to the base game, I'll post more of the mod later. I may also come back with a few technical questions if that is OK. For instance, where is the code that sets the unit bracket color (the blue and red corners around the unit)?

Yes please.
KuroTenko
New to the forum

Postby Aurilika » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:17 am

Well, soon to be at least.

HS wrote:If races get individual settings at some point, that would solve this problem. Otherwise you could make a 'rough' slider that applies the closest approximation on the individual values.

Yeah, that might be the best way is to wait for that. I'm betting that would probably be in within the next month or so.

KuroTenko wrote:If you find it useful to the base game, I'll post more of the mod later. I may also come back with a few technical questions if that is OK. For instance, where is the code that sets the unit bracket color (the blue and red corners around the unit)?

It's the BlueColored variable in the UnitSprite.cs file.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:13 am

NekoYuki wrote:Slimes could wear something like shells or such, since obviously fabric would get all slimey...

*coughraincoatcough*
Turbotowns
???

Postby SubZero156 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:23 am

Turbotowns wrote:
NekoYuki wrote:Slimes could wear something like shells or such, since obviously fabric would get all slimey...

[quote*coughraincoatcough*

she was best girl in monster musume if any if you watched
SubZero156
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:50 am

SubZero156 wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:

[quote*coughraincoatcough*

she was best girl in monster musume if any if you watched

Suu IS best girl BTW...
Also btw... Where'd the extra bracket come from?

nobracket.PNG
nobracket.PNG (4.34 KiB) Viewed 1300 times

bracket.PNG
bracket.PNG (7.65 KiB) Viewed 1300 times

Oh! as well as it saying "quote"! What happened? How'd you lose the bracket between "quote" and "*cough*"
Turbotowns
???

Postby Baif » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:17 pm

KuroTenko wrote:After Months of lurking and enjoying the updates, wanted to say if done right, the frame work needed to add racial abilities could also make it easier to add other actions such as alternative Vore types. That will be quite the refactor though.

In the meantime I managed to hack in unbirth as a sort of special action. Prey is basically drained of exp until they are finally released as a unit under your control.

VWUnbirthPatch14A.zip

Some tinkering required. I attached a zip of my changes, but I am not sure if the changed files can just be pasted into the source, especially since i added a special action button in the tactical UI. Maybe giving Aurilika some hacks and code mods will get some implementation ideas flowing on racial abilities though.

p.s. really enjoying the new sprites, great job GreenSlime!

I was messing around with the unbirth patch and found out that (at Least on pure tactical mode) whenever a unit unbirths another unit, and it gets transformed (Side change). At the end of the clash, the game loops with a null pointer exception. I found out that the function "[i]VictoryCheck", is taking into account that converted unit as if it still were part of the enemy army, so the victory function crashes (It thinks that there are still attacker units but in reality, there isn't any)

I tried to fix it myself, but i'm not sure yet, how does one removes a unit from one army and place it into another.[/i]

EDIT: Nevermind. Found the error. MaxArmySize was not set on pure tactical ^^;

Aurilika
Would it be possible for you to release the V14C source code so we can work with the latest source?
Baif
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:21 pm

Baif wrote:Would it be possible for you to release the V14C source code so we can work with the latest source?

Well, I was in sort of a 14C 1/2 earlier, so I decided I'd go ahead and finish up the current item and then release it as 14D with the source at the same time. It seems stable but I didn't test it as thoroughly as normal.

So. 14D released. Doesn't have any of the new clothing sprites yet, but it does have a small amount of secondary changes and fixes. I should have a lot of time this weekend, so I'm still hoping to get the clothing in by the end of the weekend as previously reported, and perhaps some other things.

14D:
Added bridges to the map editor, allowing you to make bridges over water, lava, or really any tile.
Villages that have their race changed by having units dismissed into when they are empty no longer can become tiger or goblin villages (there was no sprite for them so it would get glitchy, and that was unintended)
There is now an option for furry genitals, that uses alternate dick sprites for full furries.
Lamia using the tail as a second stomach is disabled by default and is now an option in the content menu.
New Mercenary only race (for the moment), Goblins, the result of crossbreeding between the imps and humans
Tweaked crypters palettes so that the ranged weapons display properly, rearranged the way their mouths work
Added a few more race specific digestion messages (vagrant preds this time)
Fixed a seemingly longstanding bug where if you did a certain combination of things in the create strategic screen, it would cause the game to continuously repeat on a single side's turn. (The easiest way was choosing a map with gaps in the races and not manually adjusting the turn orders, but there were other more complicated ways)
Fix for freed units spawning in the corner of the map if the unit was completely surrounded.
Fix for buy building across all villages function buying unneeded subjugation pens
Fixed a couple issues with the open mouth sprite for most races, (being the wrong color, and being on a layer that was blocking a few pixels)
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V14D

Postby Ger-Fox » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:18 am

i like alot the bridge. wish still here would not be a way to go down of it middle of it. like you have a bridge from south to north and then random you jump down from it left or right at grassland or other places. for me make it the reason of bridges away xD and we need a + bridge for connect --- and | bridges ^^ i really would like when you can edit it that you need finish the bridge first before you can leave it^^
Ger-Fox
Participator

Re: Vore War V14D

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:36 am

How are the Bovines coming along?
Turbotowns
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game