Working on a game idea

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Working on a game idea

Postby DevourerOfLolis » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:11 pm

I'm currently working on a game and would like some feedback on some of the stuff that's going into it. I'm still rather new to game making so it will probably be quite a while till people see anything of it. And though I'm not asking for it right now, I would like some help with it in the future.

The name of the game is Casanova. It is a 2D isometric RPG/TBS that predominately features the harem and vore fetish that draws inspiration from the various works of BastionCon. A deviantart user that makes many reader-driven vore adventures stories that I am personally a fan of.
You play as ether a boy or girl with the goal of making sure you and a harem of girls you control make it through various areas filled with dangerous predators unharmed. At first the goal of each area is to make it to the exit on the other side. Sometime with a secondary goal that can be ether completed optionally or needs to be completed first in order to complete the main goal. Later on as the story progresses you'll need to go through areas with primary goals different from reaching the exit as well. At the same time, you also need to take care of your girls as well in a manner that is a cross between a dating sim and a pet simulator (may borrow some ideas from the slavemaker games for this). While on the topic of girls, on top of predators, various girls can be found in each area as well that can join your harem ether by being recruited, rescued, seduced or enslaved. Which is necessary to increase your harem as you'll often lose some of your girls to predators if you're not careful. The girls also have there own stats, skills and abilities that are unique to each and can be leveled up. Giving a incentive to take good care of the really nice and rare girls. I will also add a mode to play as predator as well. Mainly because I'm into that.

So, what do you guys think? Feedback, questions and suggestions would be nice.

EDIT: I finally came up with a name for the game. Casanova. As well, I managed write down a prologue for the games story as well.

The story start with a man/woman, you, living in a run down apartment. Unemployed, drowning in debt and at the end of your rope, you are contemplating ending it all until you hear someone knocking at the door. Thinking it is the landlord planning on evicting you for unpaid rent, you open the door preparing for the worst only to instead find a gorgeous woman you have never met before wearing strange, revealing robes. The woman invites herself into the apartment, looking around it before walking over to the unkempt bed in the corner and sitting down, wordlessly motioning you to sit down beside her. You are at first completely shocked at this woman's bizarre behavior before remembering you have given up on giving a shit about whatever life throws at you long ago and accepting her offer in defeat (plus, crazy or not, she's hot as hell and this is probably the closes you have ever came to getting some action in your entire life). You sit down beside her. Watching her cautiously the whole time. She says your name, asking if it's yours or not. You reply yes. She then tells you her name (which I haven't came up with yet) and says that she was looking for you as you're the perfect subject for something she is planning. She then starts talking about how she came here from another world called the "Ruined world" that was once a utopian society that blended science with magic until one day a great catastrophe caused it all to collapse. Filling the world with voracious monsters and reducing society to prehistoric levels.
At this point, you're completely convinced that this woman is crazy and start to question if you should force her out of your apartment while you still can (on one hand, she could try to kill you. On the other, you were thinking about doing that yourself anyway not to long ago, and if you played your cards right, you could probably get some action from her before you go. She was giving you some really lustful stares while she was ranting about magical other-worlds).
She then ask if you believe her. Picking up on your doubts. Before you can answer, she stands up, walks in front of you and to your astonishment, starts performing actual magic before your eyes! After you recover form the display, you ask her to sit back and continue talking about this "Ruined world". More curious but still skeptical.
She tells you about how the world has 5 races, human being one of them, and about how the woman are gorgeous and outnumber the men. A thought that makes you quite excited. As well as how they all travel the world in caravans. As the monster keep them from building any form of permanent settlement. She also tells you about beings called "Casanovas" which are rare, special humans who have the power to tame the heart of any woman, among other powers, and controlling entire harems of them to do their bidding.
She then finally tells you about why she came to you in the first place. That she has a plan to improve the Ruined world and that it involved bringing someone form your world and that you are the perfect candidate for it. And that it involves turning you into a Casanova to do it. Your reluctant to accept however. As you still have some doubts about if everything she's saying is real or not. She then tries to convince you be talking about your fantasies. She talks about your vore fantasies with explicit detail. As well as your fantasies of having a harem of beautiful woman who'll obey your every command. The accuracy in which she describes your own fetishes is creepy. Making you question how she came to know about them so well. She doesn't say how, but she does tell you that your specific fantasies are why you make such a perfect candidate. Finally, she tells you that since you have nothing left to live for in this world, it is worth checking out her offer before going through with ending it all (which creeps you out farther knowing that she was somehow aware of that as well). Adding onto that that although the Ruined world can make your fantasies a reality, it is also dark, hellish world where death is common. Meaning ether way, you'll get one of the things you want in the end. Adding that last bit in a creepily cheery way.
Finally making up your mind, you agree to go to the Ruined world with her. Happy to hear you agree, she asks you to hold out your hand. She then hovers her's over it and starts summoning some sort of magic different from the one she shown before. After a magical light show, you find a strange, heart shaped crystal emblem on the back of your hand. She tells you that that is the emblem of a Casanova. And by having it, means that you are now a Casanova too and have all the powers associated with them. She then asks you to hold her hand as she summons a portal out of thin air. She then asks you to walk through it with her. You hesitate, but follow her through it into the Ruined world.

After that you go through a tutorial level with her and another girl you rescue during it. She guides you telling you how the Ruined world as well as how the powers of a Casanova work. After completing it she leaves. You ask her to stay as you are not sure what to do next. She tells you that she must go, but that you should not worry. That for now, you should travel the Ruined world to learn how it works at your own pace and that she will guide you from afar when the time is right. She then disappears leaving you and the girl you rescued alone. from here on out you are free to go through the game as you please.

Any feedback, questions and criticism of the story is appreciated.
Last edited by DevourerOfLolis on Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Passionate advocate of female prey. As well as a passionate advocate of male preds to eat those ladies~ Though other preds are acceptable as well.
DevourerOfLolis
Participator

Re: Working on a game idea

Postby Tyslan03 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:24 pm

This idea sounds amazing! I would totally play this game! Would there be girls in your harem that would attack you or the other girls if you didn't take care of them? Could you intentionally feed one of your girls to another one of your girls? The possibilities are endless...

On the other hand, it also sounds very complex, time-consuming, and expensive. I know I don't have the time, resources, or expertise to make a game. I hope you know what you're getting into, cause I'd really like to play this game someday.
Tyslan03
Participator

Postby DevourerOfLolis » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:01 pm

There will be a obedience system. With the price of a girl with low obedience ranging from disobeying or being reluctant to follow some of your orders to attacking or betraying you and your harem. And although I don't have plans for the girls themselves to be capable of eating each other, I would like to include the ability to tame some of the predators you encounter. With the cost of keeping them being that you will need to feed them girls every so often. And I would like to make some of the predators monster girls.

As for the logistics of making this game, one of the reasons for asking the people here was to know how realistic actually making this game was and what kind of resources I would need to do so. For now, I would like to mostly make the game on my own to at least get a feel for how much of a task this will be.
Passionate advocate of female prey. As well as a passionate advocate of male preds to eat those ladies~ Though other preds are acceptable as well.
DevourerOfLolis
Participator

Postby Aleph-Null » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:21 pm

It might be viable to have some sort of love/fear sub system to the obedience system, so someone could play a slaver if they wanted to.

As to time, that depends on your abilities. If you have to learn how to implement the game logic, the time that would take is unknown. If you know what you have to do, you can set up a design document, build a small section of the game and keep track of the time it took you to do various things to get an idea of the project length.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby DevourerOfLolis » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:45 pm

I like that love/fear idea. Probably make it so both have there own pros and cons.

And I will try that second idea. Once I figure out where to begin.
DevourerOfLolis
Participator

Postby Randulf » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:04 pm

When you said you would add a way to play as predators, how would the original mode change based on that?
Randulf
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:56 am

How would the game play genre wise? Platformer, Maze like(like with "Insides"), or a Tactical RPG?
Turbotowns
???

Postby DevourerOfLolis » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:31 pm

As I said, it's a 2D isometric RPG(role playing game)/TBS(turn based strategy) game. If you want a example, I guess it would be similar Invisible, Inc. except a bit more combat oriented. Or X-COM but with a combat system more focused on melee rather than shooting plus more of a focus on stealth and solving puzzles. It wouldn't be exactly like that, but that would give a idea to how it would play.
DevourerOfLolis
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:23 am

DevourerOfLolis wrote:As I said, it's a 2D isometric RPG(role playing game)/TBS(turn based strategy) game. If you want a example, I guess it would be similar Invisible, Inc. except a bit more combat oriented. Or X-COM but with a combat system more focused on melee rather than shooting plus more of a focus on stealth and solving puzzles. It wouldn't be exactly like that, but that would give a idea to how it would play.

Or in other words: A tactical rpg(what X-Com basically qualifies as)! BOOYAH! That's my favorite genre! I'm REALLY looking forward to this now!
Turbotowns
???

Postby chefjellyguy » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:43 pm

harem, playable pred, AND an rpg/tbs?!

I will fully support this concept enthusiastically
chefjellyguy
Been posting for a bit

Postby DevourerOfLolis » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:49 pm

Update: I've been learning how to use krita as I intend to use it in conjunction with Spriter to make and animate the game's sprites. Currently going to be making sprites for a while to have something to work with.
DevourerOfLolis
Participator

Postby DevourerOfLolis » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:53 pm

Also, keep the questions (and maybe a few suggestions) coming. The more feedback I get the better.
DevourerOfLolis
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:13 am

I noticed your delicious username. I hope that means the members of our harem can have a... wide age range. ;)
Turbotowns
???

Postby DevourerOfLolis » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:31 pm

Well, I do plan to have girls of multiple body types in the game, 12 to be specific, that I will add to the game gradually over several updates.
DevourerOfLolis
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:11 pm

12... That's quite the variety.
Turbotowns
???

Postby DevourerOfLolis » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:43 pm

I'm starting to think it wasn't a good idea to start this project on the holidays...

Whatever. I committed to it now. Just have to deal with the reduced free time.
DevourerOfLolis
Participator

Postby Slayerhero90 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:40 am

'sposin' i'll be looking forward to this, espeially for the pred mode. best of luck and attention!

i did not read thoroughly enough, particularly concerning the op's username and what that might entail for the content. i'm pretty much not interested now
Last edited by Slayerhero90 on Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby chefjellyguy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:58 pm

Alright, here are a few questions I have!

1. When playing as a pred, will you still be able to choose a male character?

2. Will there be alternate forms of vore besides oral?

3. Will it be story driven, or more free-form?

4. finally, how dedicated are you to the project?

Am exited to see how this turns out!
chefjellyguy
Been posting for a bit

Postby DevourerOfLolis » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:18 pm

1. Of course! I wouldn't be including it if you couldn't play as a male pred. That being said, it really wouldn't matter much in most cases because predator mode lets you play as one of the enemy preds in the game. And since most of them are non-human beasts (snakes, frogs, slimes etc) picking a gender is kinda pointless. There are some monster girls though, and I do intend to make male versions of those.
It's also worth mentioning that this mode is inspired by the predator series by bastioncon. Which is personally my favorite story of his. So try reading that to have a idea of what I'm going for.

2. Not much I'm afraid. I honestly don't like most forms of vore besides oral, tail vore and some types of absorption. I'm kinda vanilla when it comes to my taste in vore.

3. There most certainly is a story. It is inspired by bastioncon's stories after all. The gameplay however is still going to be open-ended. With procedurally generated levels and girls, choosing which settlement to align yourself with (once I figure out how to incorporate those into the story) and allowing you to choose whatever path you want to in the game (like are you kind and nurturing to the girls in your harem or do you treat them as expendable fodder and pet food as you pursue your own goals).

4. At the moment, not much I'm afraid. The holidays are starting and I've been kinda preoccupied with that right now. Once they are over however I plan to pick up the pace on developing this game.
DevourerOfLolis
Participator

Postby Raptor1 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:59 pm

DevourerOfLolis wrote:While on the topic of girls, on top of predators, various girls can be found in each area as well that can join your harem ether by being recruited, rescued, seduced or enslaved. Which is necessary to increase your harem as you'll often lose some of your girls to predators if you're not careful. The girls also have there own stats, skills and abilities that are unique to each and can be leveled up.

I think it would be nice if the harem girls could do that to you, too. I love role-reversal, so maybe one of your harem girls decides to betray you and feed you to a predator, or seduce/enslave you and then take over your harem herself. Is it possible for you to put something like that in the game?
And behold, I shall be a blight upon the land, and everything I touch shall wither and die!
Raptor1
Participator

Next

Return to Vore game