Devourment Knowledge Resource

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Knowledge Resource

Postby Mimzy » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:10 pm

I'm trying to think of the least whiney way to start this conversation and there's just not one. So pardon me while I whiney-bitch for a moment, but I've been holding this in for too long.

Why is this mod still in it's current state? Why are there no male pred options?

I get it, I get it. Some people aren't into male preds. That's fine. Whatever floats your boat. But the creator of this mod for some reason had to go to extensive effort to script conditionals to prevent males from being able to pred and we've just let that mess stick for how many years now? I've tried to stay out of this apparent controversy with the creator, so forgive me for not being up on all the details... but after this long, I've kind of stopped caring. They're an asshole. And I don't understand why anyone is still "respecting their wishes" at this point with the mod.

I've been trying to stay quiet and just "Fix This" one stupid problem on my own, off and on, for months now. So that I wouldn't have to say anything public and "cause problems" over it. But it cannot be done with my resources. I'm not good enough. I've broken literally everything trying. It looked like someone else posting above was close to a solution? But they've since fallen off the planet, so I don't know what happened with them and their fixes. But their fix seemed to just be swapping the toggle... making the mod males-only instead. And that isn't what I want either. I just want both to work. Is that so hard?

Via some googling, I found a much older version of the mod, before all the upgrades and the way nicer mod interface and the lovely digestion sounds... which actually does let males pred. It even had, heavens forbid, A TOGGLE!! So you could set the mod to Female Only Preds, Male Only Preds, or BOTH to suit your individual preferences. How incredibly thoughtful and convenient that is! Meaning... that sort of fix was possible and not even bloody difficult from the start?!? And then whoever finally started updating to the modern version did all their updates and didn't put in this same fucking toggle?? So my options are "use an inferior version of the mod"(That probably doesn't work with SE now) or "don't have male preds ever".

I'm sitting here right now, looking at the top of this forum, at a Fallout 4 mod that is apparently doing everything right. On what is effectively the same Bethsada engine, because they refuse to update that cripplingly broken pos... And I can't help but be in awe of the work that went into that. But also further infuriated by how apparently no one has been able to apply these same options and fixes, long before now, to Skyrim.

And again, I'd have been happy to sit here and read through a tutorial somewhere, to do into the creation kit or whatever, and fix this myself. Just let the creator of the original mod have their way in public, so long as I in the privacy of my own home can load up the same modding tools they used and flip off the switch that's causing me issue. But there are no guides for doing this. Presumably because they hid all those switches in the scripting, which CK doesn't like giving you access to and refuses to compile when you do. I'm so frustrated I could scream.

I am perfectly happy with the wonky, occasionally buggy, state of devourment. It's good, stupid fun. I don't need new features or updates or a complete gods damned modern overhaul. All I want is for someone to strip out a fucking IF Statement. Why was that made so hard??
Mimzy
Been posting for a bit

Postby vorath » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:53 pm

Is there a way to make only the player vulnerable to devourment from NPCs? And also the PC can devour? Basically so NPC vs NPC is deactivated completely?
vorath
New to the forum

Postby Galmar1313 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:28 pm

Does anyone still have the old 5.2.1 version if so would you please link me a download?
Galmar1313
Participator

Postby Xyxksyd45 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:51 pm

Forgive me if I missed this somewhere, but where exactly can I find different belly meshes?

I'm hopefully looking for something smaller than the ones that come with the modpack.

Thanks!
Xyxksyd45
New to the forum

Postby iasiney » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:44 am

Mimzy wrote:I'm trying to think of the least whiney way to start this conversation and there's just not one. So pardon me while I whiney-bitch for a moment, but I've been holding this in for too long.

Why is this mod still in it's current state? Why are there no male pred options?

I get it, I get it. Some people aren't into male preds. That's fine. Whatever floats your boat. But the creator of this mod for some reason had to go to extensive effort to script conditionals to prevent males from being able to pred and we've just let that mess stick for how many years now? I've tried to stay out of this apparent controversy with the creator, so forgive me for not being up on all the details... but after this long, I've kind of stopped caring. They're an asshole. And I don't understand why anyone is still "respecting their wishes" at this point with the mod.

I've been trying to stay quiet and just "Fix This" one stupid problem on my own, off and on, for months now. So that I wouldn't have to say anything public and "cause problems" over it. But it cannot be done with my resources. I'm not good enough. I've broken literally everything trying. It looked like someone else posting above was close to a solution? But they've since fallen off the planet, so I don't know what happened with them and their fixes. But their fix seemed to just be swapping the toggle... making the mod males-only instead. And that isn't what I want either. I just want both to work. Is that so hard?

Via some googling, I found a much older version of the mod, before all the upgrades and the way nicer mod interface and the lovely digestion sounds... which actually does let males pred. It even had, heavens forbid, A TOGGLE!! So you could set the mod to Female Only Preds, Male Only Preds, or BOTH to suit your individual preferences. How incredibly thoughtful and convenient that is! Meaning... that sort of fix was possible and not even bloody difficult from the start?!? And then whoever finally started updating to the modern version did all their updates and didn't put in this same fucking toggle?? So my options are "use an inferior version of the mod"(That probably doesn't work with SE now) or "don't have male preds ever".

I'm sitting here right now, looking at the top of this forum, at a Fallout 4 mod that is apparently doing everything right. On what is effectively the same Bethsada engine, because they refuse to update that cripplingly broken pos... And I can't help but be in awe of the work that went into that. But also further infuriated by how apparently no one has been able to apply these same options and fixes, long before now, to Skyrim.

And again, I'd have been happy to sit here and read through a tutorial somewhere, to do into the creation kit or whatever, and fix this myself. Just let the creator of the original mod have their way in public, so long as I in the privacy of my own home can load up the same modding tools they used and flip off the switch that's causing me issue. But there are no guides for doing this. Presumably because they hid all those switches in the scripting, which CK doesn't like giving you access to and refuses to compile when you do. I'm so frustrated I could scream.

I am perfectly happy with the wonky, occasionally buggy, state of devourment. It's good, stupid fun. I don't need new features or updates or a complete gods damned modern overhaul. All I want is for someone to strip out a fucking IF Statement. Why was that made so hard??

I did some add-on mod work piggybacking on the Fallout 4 vore mod. I was able to edit the main script for it to put in custom messages for immersion. The creator of voremersion added those in with that add-on. I mostly concentrated on accessory mods that gave a feature here or there. I'd say my area of expertise limits me to an assistant programmer making sub programs to a main program. My computer will probably not let me work with creation kit since my memory is DDR2. Although, with the 32 bit version, I might be able to do some things. I haven't really been able to do the talking to your prey stuff that I see is available in the variables. I would like to try to edit the main script to see if I can make it spit more (albeit graphical to some) digestion messages similar to what I put in the fallout 4. Also would be nice if I could make a spell that lets you sense what your digestive system is doing. Either way, accessory mods to add a bit of immersion.

Bottom line is time for me. I doubt I'll be able to devote time to even doing this. I usually work several twelve hour days a week and do other things.

I was hoping for most of what you said to be implemented with Skyrim Capacity Limited and Skyrim Capacity Vore. That mod actually expands the meshes for your belly on the character itself so it'd be uniform to your character and not show any seams. The mod itself is a little wonky at current. It doesn't have digestion sounds and all the little skill absorption that Devourment has but the radial menu is a neat idea that it has. Skyrim Capacity Vore has a bit more immersion because you have to go to different places to get the ability to vore and eat humans. It allows male characters to vore but does lack the ability to have anything else eat you. It needs work and the creator is off and on active with it.
iasiney
Somewhat familiar

Postby Galmar1313 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:18 am

Xyxksyd45 wrote:Forgive me if I missed this somewhere, but where exactly can I find different belly meshes?

I'm hopefully looking for something smaller than the ones that come with the modpack.

Thanks!

The mod pack does come with different sizes in the file optional stuff if you are using Kongpow's Modpack. If you don't use it then you can download it and just take the size you want from that modpack.
Here is a link to his modpack should you need it blog.php?b=26087
Galmar1313
Participator

Postby Sideromelane » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:14 am

You know what? It's been long enough. Here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AknvlG1KTIG5xBf9--__dgQEL8wl

I'll probably get my ass kicked for it but I am fed up to the eyeballs of people bitching about how no-one ever works on this mod.

Maybe, just maybe the reason *I* lost interest in continuing is because of the ungrateful whining crybabies giving me grief over a decision that wasn't mine, and for glitches I was unable to replicate. Now you get to deal with all that bullshit.

So knock yourselves out, have fun, damn sure I didn't.

-----

Unbirth option when please? Someone make unbirth for devourment. Also anal vore and full tour and nipple vore.
Sideromelane
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Galmar1313 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:54 pm

After some Struggling i managed to get Devourment functioning for both Male And Females now.
Here is a link to it http://www.mediafire.com/file/9y7ydgkr7 ... e.rar/file
Some stuff is broken but nearly everything works now for both male and female predators.
I also added some converted belly animations should you decide to use it with SE.
If you get an error regarding a wrong skeleton then ignore it.
Btw i took the liberty to make some changes i felt were needed
1. Swallowing is a lot faster
2.Prey will no longer teleport to you when swallowed this is mostly for stealth characters since you otherwise will bump into them and alert them.
3. You are no longer forced into thirdperson view whenever you swallow someone.
Last edited by Galmar1313 on Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galmar1313
Participator

Postby iasiney » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:29 pm

Sideromelane wrote:You know what? It's been long enough. Here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AknvlG1KTIG5xBf9--__dgQEL8wl

I'll probably get my ass kicked for it but I am fed up to the eyeballs of people bitching about how no-one ever works on this mod.

Maybe, just maybe the reason *I* lost interest in continuing is because of the ungrateful whining crybabies giving me grief over a decision that wasn't mine, and for glitches I was unable to replicate. Now you get to deal with all that bullshit.

So knock yourselves out, have fun, damn sure I didn't.

-----

Unbirth option when please? Someone make unbirth for devourment. Also anal vore and full tour and nipple vore.

I definitely appreciate any work you've done to be sure. The modding I've done hasn't been much but has been frustrating enough and that's with just Fallout 4. I am currently having problems myself that maybe related to my computer's hardware where it crashes the computer without any mods on it both in Legendary Edition and Special Edition. That's definitely frustrating and I don't know if it is the same level of frustrating for you for modding things. I am going to turn on devourment Skyrim 32 bit to see if my computer crashes like it has been doing but with the mods added in that supposedly patch the the game but I really doubt it.
iasiney
Somewhat familiar

Postby iasiney » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:24 pm

Galmar1313 wrote:After some Struggling i managed to get Devourment functioning for both Male And Females now.
Some stuff is broken but nearly everything works now for both male and female predators.
I also added some converted belly animations should you decide to use it with SE.

2.Prey will no longer teleport to you when swallowed this is mostly for stealth characters since you otherwise will bump into them and alert them.

Hello. Thank you for your work on this.

I am getting an error about an incompatible skeleton. Is there a different way you are supposed to set this up?
iasiney
Somewhat familiar

Postby Galmar1313 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:34 pm

Cardia wrote:
Galmar1313 wrote:After some Struggling i managed to get Devourment functioning for both Male And Females now.

I am getting an error about an incompatible skeleton. Is there a different way you are supposed to set this up?

Hi No i got that error as well but it should work anyway.
Galmar1313
Participator

Postby iasiney » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:44 pm

Galmar1313 wrote:
Cardia wrote:

Hi No i got that error as well but it should work anyway.

Thanks for your response.

I am using this with Skyrim Legendary Edition. I do not get the error about the skeleton now, actually after uninstalling and reinstalling the mod. However, I cannot get it to work say with trying to swallow corpse. I am using the multiprey and multiprey fix from Sider. Is that compatible?

Edit: No, it is not working with the multiprey plugin and the multiprey fix. It does work otherwise, though. Thanks.
iasiney
Somewhat familiar

Postby Galmar1313 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:52 pm

Glad to hear its working and most addons that replace the scripts wont be compatible. I could however see if i can make them compatible.
Could you give a link to that addon? so i may have a look
Last edited by Galmar1313 on Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galmar1313
Participator

Postby iasiney » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:02 pm

Galmar1313 wrote:Glad to hear its working and most addons that replace the scripts wont be compatible. I could however see if i can make them compatible.

Cool. Thanks. I know that the original had a problem with belly flickering that were fixed by an overwrite of the main devourment script.

Spoiler: show
Multiprey Plugin
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a4dpv5760bwps ... ey.7z?dl=0

Mulitprey Plugin Fix
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ao6bk17vxay0t ... t.pex?dl=0

Also, I imagine people would want this one to work as well. I know I like to be able to eat any animal too.
Edible Animals by Sider
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ceh8dpfyhr58y ... r.esp?dl=0

Edit: Personally, though, and not trying to knock your efforts. I myself might look into tweaking things to make the meshes expand the way another addon for devourment (viewtopic.php?f=79&t=43388&hilit=redblue+devourment) was trying to do using things like Ninodes scaling and how SCV and SCL do it. If only to make it so that the amount of prey you eat just makes actually makes your belly look as massive as the prey in it and multiple prey added in. I'd just like to see how that'd look (probably ridiculous but that'd be interesting to see). Although, it sounds like a scripting thing of which I won't do much with because you'd have to take into account something like prey weight or size to make it grow in size.

Edit 2: But, I doubt I have the time, though.

Edit 3: I am content with any changes or tweaks to the males and females version of it as it is with the orginals without the expanding nodes.
Last edited by iasiney on Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
iasiney
Somewhat familiar

Postby Galmar1313 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:05 pm

Cardia wrote:
Galmar1313 wrote:Glad to hear its working and most addons that replace the scripts wont be compatible. I could however see if i can make them compatible.

Cool. Thanks. I know that the original had a problem with belly flickering that were fixed by an overwrite of the main devourment script.

Multiprey Plugin

Mulitprey Plugin Fix

Also, I imagine people would want this one to work as well. I know I like to be able to eat any animal too.
Edible Animals by Sider

Ill see what i can do. The edible animals should work fine without doing anything to it since it only adds some keywords to the animals that have nothing to do with devourment.
Galmar1313
Participator

Postby iasiney » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:13 pm

Galmar1313 wrote:
Cardia wrote:

Multiprey Plugin

Mulitprey Plugin Fix

Edible Animals by Sider

Ill see what i can do. The edible animals should work fine without doing anything to it since it only adds some keywords to the animals that have nothing to do with devourment.

Thank you.
iasiney
Somewhat familiar

Postby Galmar1313 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:31 am

Here it should all be compatible now http://www.mediafire.com/file/kczn2n62r ... y.rar/file
Galmar1313
Participator

Postby Mimzy » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:13 pm

Wait. Bitching and moaning worked??
What?? WHAT?? XD

I'm so weirdly happy, I don't know what's happening.
Mimzy
Been posting for a bit

Postby PastaBoi » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:22 pm

Ok. So im using kungpows devourment mod for skyrim SE and I would like a quick tutorial on how to get Multiprey, weightmorphs, and scaling bellies mod addons to work with it. sorry if its too much to ask for.
PastaBoi
Been posting for a bit

Postby Sideromelane » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:16 pm

Mimzy wrote:Wait. Bitching and moaning worked??
What?? WHAT?? XD

I'm so weirdly happy, I don't know what's happening.

Kiiinda? I had actually wanted to throw the files up a while ago but it meant getting an old drive from the loft and it was a hassle. I was also still pissed at everyone for a long time. You guys don't exactly make yourselves easy to like you know? I might have done this years ago if I'd been made to feel less bitter about the whole thing, digging the files out was *work* and I didn't feel you deserved that from me really.

Some people did get given access to the files before I quit, but they seem to have moved on as well.

More recently I kinda just got over it. Having the files all those years ago was pretty funny, and I can actually laugh at the entitled rants I got as well now, and if I still played I would probably have recreated my old male pred edits and just sneaked them out.

Maybe its better this way, someone with more time and a better grasp of how papyrus works can take over and make something more functional than my bare-bones approach. I was in my loft putting the Christmas junk away and the old pc was just lying there, and i'd seen the renewed interest in the mod lately obviously so I decided just to do it. Your little rant was the final little push I needed, it actually made me happy knowing someone was still annoyed that the mod wasn't going places and that I could make people like you happy with a mouseclick. It gave me a laugh that I needed to finally banish the misery I felt over the whole mess!

I will say, if i'd hit a low mood instead of a high, I could have just as easily made the drive into windchimes, but I felt good that day so it swung in your favour.

Am I still pissed at the people who demanded stuff from me because they believed they had some right to whatever they wanted and screw the guy just trying to do something nice? Yeah a little. It was hurtful. I struggle with depression as it is and it didn't do me much good at the time, but my resolution this year is Fuck It.

Don't grief whoever works on this mod the way the original creator was, or I was, its dickish, and childish. Take what you're given and be fucking grateful.
Sideromelane
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game