Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V16E

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:27 pm

Aurilika wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:In preparation of the upcoming races, I've expanded my map.

That feels like the kind of map that would take something like 20 hours to complete.

It's Turbo7 right now, let's see how big it gets at Turbo10. XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby player1 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:38 pm

I made a map myself as a test, maybe could it be nice to post our maps created in the thread and group them in a mediafile or something?
"wizards, no sense of right or wrong!" some spacemen wisdom.
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CoinToast » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:20 am

Ideas for crypter clothing? I personally don't like the looks of the crypters all that much (I mean, I respect the idea, but it's not my cup of tea fetishistically speaking), but I do have a couple of ideas on "clothes" for them. The sources of inspiration should be rather obvious.
Attachments
cripterideas.PNG
cripterideas.PNG (7.51 KiB) Viewed 1463 times
CoinToast
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:14 pm

Updated my map Turbo7 and it's current/prior version Turbo6 with some MASSIVE deforestation, I finally realized the error of my ways with the valley forest(and the forest between the other races), now it's A LOT more open.
https://mega.nz/#!wkVGUKjY!81gRLS5HChpk ... --PsrQqs7g (Turbo6)
https://mega.nz/#!1sd01YZD!CgS0b-rVBM3l ... OkVA47xTz4 (Turbo7)
Turbotowns
???

Postby player1 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:48 pm

Ah, so one giant killing ground and loads of villages for each sides. Well here's mine in any case, nothing too fancy but hey
Attachments
firstmap.rar
(2.83 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:25 pm

SputnikDX wrote:Is there any ability to shrink prey before eating them, or if not will there be plans for something like that in the future?

Accidentally skipped over your post, sorry. There is not currently a way, but if/when magic gets implemented, that would probably go along with it.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:53 pm

player1 wrote:Ah, so one giant killing ground and loads of villages for each sides. Well here's mine in any case, nothing too fancy but hey

Creative! Looks like ACTUAL geography rather than my uniform style of map building, I love it! Could be fun map in civ too. XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby player1 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:09 pm

Turbotowns wrote:
player1 wrote:Ah, so one giant killing ground and loads of villages for each sides. Well here's mine in any case, nothing too fancy but hey

Creative! Looks like ACTUAL geography rather than my uniform style of map building, I love it! Could be fun map in civ too. XD

Well when i create maps i prefer to use geography as a base rather than strategic importance for the sake of aesthetics, i do like yer map though.

Anyhow here, i made a lil map based on Transoxiana and the tarim basin, im still testing it's efficiency but your map inspired me (the whole "one big middle o' map killing ground"). Though id love to see some more textures like steppes, tundra, jungles etc. added to make it look a bit more authentic
Attachments
Transoxiana.rar
(2.16 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:24 pm

player1 wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:

Well when i create maps i prefer to use geography as a base rather than strategic importance for the sake of aesthetics, i do like yer map though.

Anyhow here, i made a lil map based on Transoxiana and the tarim basin, im still testing it's efficiency but your map inspired me (the whole "one big middle o' map killing ground"). Though id love to see some more textures like steppes, tundra, jungles etc. added to make it look a bit more authentic

Huh, never heard of that place so I looked it up, Google maps doesn't know it exists though, but it seems interesting according to wikipedia.

As for your map, I like it! I love how the Imps are semi isolated in the mountains!

Is it still a work in progress? Seems kinda empty, and some races have more villages than others. The aforementioned Imps only have 4, while the foxes have 6.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Grimbug » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:18 pm

Hey there I hope I'm not out of line for suggesting ideas here it's your baby don't wanna step on your toes, But I was thinking it'd be kinda cool
if there was like some sort of Empire mode with a king/queen,diplomacy
a court wizard that shrinks people
and if it was done on a archipelago it could have a roving pirate gang. Arrrr

Ps. I just wanted to let you know that this is probably the most fun I had playing a vore game.
Title:Self saboteur & Aspiring pixel artist
Grimbug
Somewhat familiar

Postby player1 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:55 pm

Turbotowns wrote:
Huh, never heard of that place so I looked it up, Google maps doesn't know it exists though, but it seems interesting according to wikipedia.

As for your map, I like it! I love how the Imps are semi isolated in the mountains!

Is it still a work in progress? Seems kinda empty, and some races have more villages than others. The aforementioned Imps only have 4, while the foxes have 6.

It's an historical region so it's normal google maps can't find it. search for Fergana and you'll find it. My though when designing it were "which race most befits the terrain/region?" so ive put the foxes in china the bunnies and the wolves in the steppes, the imps and harpies as isolated mountaineers, humans in samarkand and lamias in the afghan desert. im trying to find some suitable location for bunnies but i also wait for new textures. i did let some regions empty because they were either hard to settle (tarim basin, kazakh steppes, afghan desert) or strategically inconvenient.

It's still a WIP though, just trying to see what i can add.
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:34 am

player1 wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:

It's an historical region so it's normal google maps can't find it. search for Fergana and you'll find it. My though when designing it were "which race most befits the terrain/region?" so ive put the foxes in china the bunnies and the wolves in the steppes, the imps and harpies as isolated mountaineers, humans in samarkand and lamias in the afghan desert. im trying to find some suitable location for bunnies but i also wait for new textures. i did let some regions empty because they were either hard to settle (tarim basin, kazakh steppes, afghan desert) or strategically inconvenient.

It's still a WIP though, just trying to see what i can add.

Pretty cool! Can't wait to see it's finished form.

Grimbug wrote:Hey there I hope I'm not out of line for suggesting ideas here it's your baby don't wanna step on your toes, But I was thinking it'd be kinda cool

Ps. I just wanted to let you know that this is probably the most fun I had playing a vore game.

We're ALL suggesting stuff don't worry about it! Also don't be afraid to suggest something crazy or potentially impractical, for example, the corpses were an unusual suggestion made by your's truly, I wanted to still be able to eat peeps even if they died(I originally wanted the live units still inside to be stuck a few turns before they got out of the corpse, but that wasn't implemented). Also the ability to surrender and to eat your own allies was ALSO my suggestion.

*sigh* Feels like so long ago, this game has really come quite a ways hasn't it? Can't wait to see where it goes from here!

*after checking* Only July? Damn, it has NOT been that long just half a year!
Turbotowns
???

Postby Flame_Valxsarion » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:23 am

You... What have you done to me?! I can't stop playing this amazing game. I have literally played it all weekend and have easily sunk 48+ hours into it! I didn't even feel bored once, and it doesn't even have a story! How can such a simple game be this much fun? Did you somehow make it out of addictive narcotics?!

Alright, jokes aside, you've done an amazing thing here. Aside from XCOM, I really haven't played too many tactical RPGs, so I'm no authority on the genre. That being said, this feels like a very solid backbone for a promising future. The odds calculations are actually dependable, the stats actually add up to meaningful results (but can get overpowered very quickly if you feed a single unit), and the overall battle systems are fairly easy to understand for.peiple new to the genre (like me).

So far, I love everything about this game, but I do have a few suggestions:

1) Story.
I know, it's a huge request and writing is very difficult sometimes. By all means, do everything else first lol

2) Dragon Race? What can I say? I love dragons. I was ecstatic to discover I could hire them as mercs, but that steam dispersed a little when I saw they were genderless and limited to oral vore only. Even if they don't get a playable faction, it would be cool if they had a larger customization pool. I'd even be willing to give the sprites a go myself.

3) Brighter Scat. It could just be me, but the scat sprites seem really dark and I can't make out any details unless I zoom way in on them.

4) Remains Size. Sometimes I get really greedy and feed my Leader like 20 enemies in the span of three turns, but after everything's done there's still only the same tiny pile of bones or scat or milk or cum or slime or..... Decrypted Crypters?...under their feet. It seems like multiple objects on the same tile isn't an issue, so maybe just get a few more sprites and make a handful of new objects for the game to choose from and generate, then edit the images so they appear in different spots on the tile? I think there is one other bone sprite that kind of does what I'm surges ting, but it may be race specific and I couldn't tell you which race it belongs to.

5) More items. So far we only have two types of weapons: ranged and melee. And only two versions of each. I think you're already working on this issue but I had an idea that I thought was cool and would add some more depth to the system. What about adding blunt/slash/pierce damage types to all weapons? Then you could also make armor its own equipment slot and have that defended better against those specific damage types. Like for example, Plate armor would be strong against slash, weak to blunt, and neutral to Pierce. Idk, I think it would add another layer of strategy to the battles.

5) Perks. Just to give that one unit you really like some more umph and survivability. Stats are nice and they do thir job wonderfully, but one thing I really loved from XCOM were the perks that you could unlock for you soldiers when they levelled up which would overall determine their class and weapons. I think something similar would be neat to have here. Maybe the unit would be forced to choose a weapon type at level 5, and then every 5 levels after that they could choose a perk that affected how they play with that weapon? Like longer range for ranged users, more power for melee hits or maybe a double attack?

6) Leader perks. If you think the above suggestion is too much (I don't blame you), then I think this needs to be looked into for sure. Something, anything, needs to be added to the leaders to help them stand out in battle. While the leadership stat is wonderful and very helpful, the unit still feels like just another jobber with an axe. Maybe you could give them a resource guage and have abilities that cost that resource? Maybe have that resource be vore points that can only be recovered (or gained in the first place) through digesting somebody? As for abilities, maybe simple auras that boost team stats and last for a single turn? Or maybe special moves related to the unique vore types? Hell, maybe even just basic magic!

That's all I've got right now and the tendons in my hands are burning from texting this all out. Now, before I go dont you dare mistake my suggestions for complaints! I have nothing but absolute adoration for this amazing piece of art you've created. If I had your drive, I'd have finished JAVRPG a long time ago.
Oh and for the record...
LIZARDS BEST RACE FIGHT ME (Please dont...)

Please keep up the hard work, but remember not to burn yourself out. Goodnight!
Flame_Valxsarion
Participator

Postby Polterguest » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:34 am

Which is the version i should download for windows 10?
Polterguest
New to the forum

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:07 am

Polterguest wrote:Which is the version i should download for windows 10?

Windows 10 is is 64 bit, so choose the 64 bit option.
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Location: Western Scotland (That's as much detail as you're getting)

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:56 am

Flame_Valxsarion wrote:5) Perks. Just to give that one unit you really like some more umph and survivability. Stats are nice and they do thir job wonderfully, but one thing I really loved from XCOM were the perks that you could unlock for you soldiers when they levelled up which would overall determine their class and weapons. I think something similar would be neat to have here. Maybe the unit would be forced to choose a weapon type at level 5, and then every 5 levels after that they could choose a perk that affected how they play with that weapon? Like longer range for ranged users, more power for melee hits or maybe a double attack?

There would have to be a cap on that, or it be something like Shadow of War's prestige "skills" that was added in the latest update back in the summer(basically it boosted something like attack damage or health(or wrath) restoration with every kill). Though it was REALLY tiny, like level 1 increased whatever by 1%, then level 2 increased it by 0.9%(don't know why Monolith did that, it even fluctuated between the different "skills", so 2 different skills at level 5 would have 2 different values).
Turbotowns
???

Postby Flame_Valxsarion » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:18 pm

Turbotowns wrote:There would have to be a cap on that, or it be something like Shadow of War's prestige "skills" that was added in the latest update back in the summer(basically it boosted something like attack damage or health(or wrath) restoration with every kill). Though it was REALLY tiny, like level 1 increased whatever by 1%, then level 2 increased it by 0.9%(don't know why Monolith did that, it even fluctuated between the different "skills", so 2 different skills at level 5 would have 2 different values).

You're right, that could easily get out of hand if the perks were too good. Maybe if they could only use those abilities once per battle? Idk, just thought it would be interesting

Edit: Thinking about it again, I guess anything affecting attack damage would throw off the whole formula all together. So maybe having standard units with abilities isn't such a good idea
Flame_Valxsarion
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:23 pm

Grimbug wrote:Hey there I hope I'm not out of line for suggesting ideas here it's your baby don't wanna step on your toes, But I was thinking it'd be kinda cool

Thank you. It's not out of line at all, it's gotten to the point where a significant percentage of the concepts in the game are user suggested. I openly welcome suggestions. There's a simple diplomacy system that's planned that will be at some point.

Turbotowns wrote:*after checking* Only July? Damn, it has NOT been that long just half a year!

Not quite half a year, I've still got 9 days >.>

Flame_Valxsarion wrote:You... What have you done to me?! I can't stop playing this amazing game. I have literally played it all weekend and have easily sunk 48+ hours into it! I didn't even feel bored once, and it doesn't even have a story! How can such a simple game be this much fun? Did you somehow make it out of addictive narcotics?!

Alright, jokes aside, you've done an amazing thing here. Aside from XCOM, I really haven't played too many tactical RPGs, so I'm no authority on the genre. That being said, this feels like a very solid backbone for a promising future. The odds calculations are actually dependable, the stats actually add up to meaningful results (but can get overpowered very quickly if you feed a single unit), and the overall battle systems are fairly easy to understand for.peiple new to the genre (like me).

So far, I love everything about this game, but I do have a few suggestions:

1) Story.
I know, it's a huge request and writing is very difficult sometimes. By all means, do everything else first lol

2) Dragon Race? What can I say? I love dragons. I was ecstatic to discover I could hire them as mercs, but that steam dispersed a little when I saw they were genderless and limited to oral vore only. Even if they don't get a playable faction, it would be cool if they had a larger customization pool. I'd even be willing to give the sprites a go myself.

3) Brighter Scat. It could just be me, but the scat sprites seem really dark and I can't make out any details unless I zoom way in on them.

4) Remains Size. Sometimes I get really greedy and feed my Leader like 20 enemies in the span of three turns, but after everything's done there's still only the same tiny pile of bones or scat or milk or cum or slime or..... Decrypted Crypters?...under their feet. It seems like multiple objects on the same tile isn't an issue, so maybe just get a few more sprites and make a handful of new objects for the game to choose from and generate, then edit the images so they appear in different spots on the tile? I think there is one other bone sprite that kind of does what I'm surges ting, but it may be race specific and I couldn't tell you which race it belongs to.

5) More items. So far we only have two types of weapons: ranged and melee. And only two versions of each. I think you're already working on this issue but I had an idea that I thought was cool and would add some more depth to the system. What about adding blunt/slash/pierce damage types to all weapons? Then you could also make armor its own equipment slot and have that defended better against those specific damage types. Like for example, Plate armor would be strong against slash, weak to blunt, and neutral to Pierce. Idk, I think it would add another layer of strategy to the battles.

5) Perks. Just to give that one unit you really like some more umph and survivability. Stats are nice and they do thir job wonderfully, but one thing I really loved from XCOM were the perks that you could unlock for you soldiers when they levelled up which would overall determine their class and weapons. I think something similar would be neat to have here. Maybe the unit would be forced to choose a weapon type at level 5, and then every 5 levels after that they could choose a perk that affected how they play with that weapon? Like longer range for ranged users, more power for melee hits or maybe a double attack?

6) Leader perks. If you think the above suggestion is too much (I don't blame you), then I think this needs to be looked into for sure. Something, anything, needs to be added to the leaders to help them stand out in battle. While the leadership stat is wonderful and very helpful, the unit still feels like just another jobber with an axe. Maybe you could give them a resource guage and have abilities that cost that resource? Maybe have that resource be vore points that can only be recovered (or gained in the first place) through digesting somebody? As for abilities, maybe simple auras that boost team stats and last for a single turn? Or maybe special moves related to the unique vore types? Hell, maybe even just basic magic!

That's all I've got right now and the tendons in my hands are burning from texting this all out. Now, before I go dont you dare mistake my suggestions for complaints! I have nothing but absolute adoration for this amazing piece of art you've created. If I had your drive, I'd have finished JAVRPG a long time ago.
Oh and for the record...
LIZARDS BEST RACE FIGHT ME (Please dont...)

Please keep up the hard work, but remember not to burn yourself out. Goodnight!

I'm glad you're enjoying it. Story will slowly work its way into the game. HS is currently working on expanding the tactical combat log with more variety (I know that's not strictly story, but it's currently the main source of flavor text.

There is a proper dragon race being worked on, or at least them as monsters. Not sure how they'd work as a main playable race, you'd probably have to make them take up multiple slots in an army to get anything that even resembled balance, but we'll see how that develops.

I think that there are additional scat sprites being worked on, but I'm not sure.

I've made some adjustments for the next patch so that clothes/bones/scat are no longer centered in the tile, and are randomly placed up to a half tile away in any direction, so that should make them stack better, in addition to making them more visible when a unit is in the square.

Do you mean adding damage types to the existing weapons, or adding additional damage types? Either of those could be a little bit tricky because there are quite a few races that use their own unique weapons, so adding new weapons would require a fair amount of extra sprites, and doing them by how the weapons currently look may result in some races ending up with the short end of the stick. I'll certainly keep that kind of system in mind though.

There may be something like perks on the way. The racial traits will have a random component that picks from a pool of traits for newly generated units, and I was thinking about allowing units to pick an additional semi-random trait at say, level 15 or so. Regular units have sort of a max complexity in my mind, because there are a lot more of them than there would be in an xcom game. It depends on which game, but you usually have an active crew of 12-30 soldiers in xcom. Here, depending on map size, you could have anywhere from 16 to more than 100. There will eventually more types of special units, or unit classes, but I'm trying to avoid having to spend 5 minutes looking at all the unit's traits/stats before you start playing a battle. That being said, you may have noticed that I love giving options.

Hmm, a resource that can only be refilled through vore sounds like it might work well for the leaders (as leaders always have the ability to vore, regardless of race settings).

Thank you again for the compliments :D

Well, it's funny, because when I started this, I was thinking I'd probably run out of stuff to do within a month or two, and now I'm having to be somewhat selective because there's been a lot that's been suggested and is in my notes (That doesn't mean that you shouldn't suggest things, as the priorities shift around, and some suggestions are added pretty quickly. Plus, if additional people suggest something, I know that it's a popular idea.)

Well, I seem to be pacing myself well so far, I feel like I've still got at least a couple months left in me.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby player1 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:27 pm

Alright, i went back on maps to check the terrain for my previous map and started doing some fixes to better match reality, this left me enough space to add cats and limit the number of villages to 5 for every race. I will leave the map like this unless new tiles textures are added and ive started a new island map for the time being.

Edit: While im at here, i can still show the wip version of my third map. Based on a modified Borneo and Sulawesi islands.
Attachments
Transoxiana.rar
(2.49 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
spice.rar
Wip
(2.17 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
Last edited by player1 on Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Flame_Valxsarion » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:44 pm

Aurilika wrote:Do you mean adding damage types to the existing weapons, or adding additional damage types? Either of those could be a little bit tricky because there are quite a few races that use their own unique weapons, so adding new weapons would require a fair amount of extra sprites, and doing them by how the weapons currently look may result in some races ending up with the short end of the stick. I'll certainly keep that kind of system in mind though.

I didn't think about the unique weapons, (up til now I've only played as the lizards), so you're right that some of the weapons of the same class wouldn't match the damage types I proposed. In that case maybe instead have weapon types as ranged/light/heavy where ranged obviously cover all of the ranged weapons and light/heavy cover the melee types. On that note, instead of the armor I suggested, forgetc that entirely and have the weapons work in a rock-paper-scissors style way. For example ranged beats heavy, heavy beats light, and light beats ranged. Of course they shouldn't outright beat the ones weak to them, but maybe have an increased hit rate? Or a very slight damage increase vs. them?

Reading back in the topic, it sounds like you might be adding classes. So I guess that would also work towards what I'm suggesting. The overall suggestion I'm trying to get across is that I feel certain unit types should have a small advantage over certain other types. I think Fire Emblem did something along these lines, but I've never played one.
Flame_Valxsarion
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game