Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 31.5A

Postby darkevilme » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:13 pm

vore2412 wrote:I have reproduced the error myself. Thing is, if your ship isn't far enough in the warp area, it will sometimes charge but not take off. It seems to be a map distance thing, where if your far enough for it to say warp but not far enough to actually warp, it will waste energy and fuel.

Regnier said they got it charged to 100% (according to nav i assume) and didn't get the warp to engage, which is weird and a bug. What you're referring to is where you don't have enough energy to generate a warp bubble due to being too close to the star. Nomad calculates this stuff using a whole lot of math, but the important part is if you're closer to the star you take more energy to generate the bubble. This is represented by the value GSI when you're locking in a course using the navigation system. You can force GSI lower and jump from further away from the star or by having a higher FTL stat for your spaceship. This is typically done by adding more engines or stronger engines. Except most module slots are too precious for the former and no stronger engine than the spacewarper has been added to nomad so far.
darkevilme
---

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:12 am

How do I get the ship out of the cave on the elf planet? I've fixed the hull and installed a nav console and fuel tank but it won't let me launch and the computer outside the ship is just a red box that keeps saying 'that's a big pile of dirt'
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Location: Western Scotland (That's as much detail as you're getting)

Postby bloodle8 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:57 pm

Got a bug with the new build - trying to chat with a no-hoper crashes the game, it seems.
bloodle8
Participator

Postby darkevilme » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:44 am

MarkusFreeman320 wrote:How do I get the ship out of the cave on the elf planet? I've fixed the hull and installed a nav console and fuel tank but it won't let me launch and the computer outside the ship is just a red box that keeps saying 'that's a big pile of dirt'

1. That's not a cave, that's a valley carved by the ship crashing.
2. The ship is buried under a big pile of dirt and cannot launch
3. have you considered asking someone for help with removing that big pile of dirt
4. do you know anyone on the planet who might have access to a labour force and a copious supply of shovels

bloodle8 wrote:Got a bug with the new build - trying to chat with a no-hoper crashes the game, it seems.

fixed. though the latest build has received minimal testing which is why i haven't announced it on this thread yet. so bugs are to be expected.
darkevilme
---

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:04 am

Ah, I got it, thank you for the tip, I just need to get the money now. Is there a guide for complete noobs like me? There's a lot I'm not getting, especially in the newer version, like the capture equipment from the titan ship, which I managed to get in earlier versions but I can't seem to get the power back up now. And the hidden tentacle thing in the lizard sanctuary, I can't get the door open in this version now when I could before by just putting in the amulets.
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Postby darkevilme » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:54 am

MarkusFreeman320 wrote:Ah, I got it, thank you for the tip, I just need to get the money now. Is there a guide for complete noobs like me? There's a lot I'm not getting, especially in the newer version, like the capture equipment from the titan ship, which I managed to get in earlier versions but I can't seem to get the power back up now. And the hidden tentacle thing in the lizard sanctuary, I can't get the door open in this version now when I could before by just putting in the amulets.

there's a badly out of date guide by slayerhero https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oQWt3tOpGcBddbBQupsQ5Oh3k5kXJK42xDJh0K4gKTY/edit?usp=sharing

it won't help with a fair few things though due to the changes in the game since it was last updated.
darkevilme
---

Postby horseware » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:42 pm

How do I reload the laser blaster? I have 2 energy cells charged 5/5 and the blaster is at 0/100. Not seeing an option on cells or blaster.

Edit: I found i can recharge it directly at generators, but not with energy cells.
horseware
New to the forum

Postby darkevilme » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:19 am

horseware wrote:How do I reload the laser blaster? I have 2 energy cells charged 5/5 and the blaster is at 0/100. Not seeing an option on cells or blaster.

Edit: I found i can recharge it directly at generators, but not with energy cells.

the laser blaster was made from the laser pistol, the laser pistol was designed by a committee for the heinlein expedition and the committee assumed that it was acceptable to give the pistol charging ports but no ability to swap power cells in the field.

To be fair though that missing feature is something the player character probably would want to add as part of modifying the weapon so i've added that to the abilities of the blaster.
darkevilme
---

Postby Jazzumness » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:39 pm

Code: Select all
system debug primary shader program id is 3
system debug shadow shader program id is 6
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
   at actorRPG.player.Player_RPG.buildConditionImmunities(Player_RPG.java:843)
   at actorRPG.player.Player_RPG.<init>(Player_RPG.java:821)
   at actor.player.Player.Load(Player.java:539)
   at actor.player.Player.Load(Player.java:583)
   at nomad.universe.UniverseStateChanger.loadGame(UniverseStateChanger.java:202)
   at nomad.universe.Universe.Load(Universe.java:386)
   at menu.SaveLoad.Load(SaveLoad.java:284)
   at menu.SaveLoad.ButtonCallback(SaveLoad.java:211)
   at gui.Button.update(Button.java:82)
   at gui.Window.update(Window.java:39)
   at menu.SaveLoad.update(SaveLoad.java:139)
   at menu.Menu.Update(Menu.java:113)
   at vmo.Game.Update(Game.java:345)
   at vmo.Game.Run(Game.java:329)
   at vmo.Main.main(Main.java:9)

Got this error and now loading my save and auto save crashes the game
All I know is that a synth died on the entrance to the top of the warehouse when I was on the lower level. Moving on that tile to exit the lower warehouse crashed on the game
Thing is the saves were before this happened
Also earlier when I was only 10 or so minutes in the game I was going south to the crashed ship on the first planet and a message saying data corruption detected showed up
Jazzumness
Somewhat familiar

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 32.0C

Postby darkevilme » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:04 pm

Okay I think this update is stable enough to be released.
behold update 32.0C.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pykwdjdclfaqpms/Nomad%20alpha%20320C.zip?dl=0

continues to mostly be a whole lot of fixes and minor tweaks. But the big deal for this update is probably that freehaven has gotten deck 4 at long last and that I fixed Robynn's new quest to actually at least somewhat work. Feedback as ever welcome and I'm sure we haven't quashed all the bugs yet. Also an update a while back made it possible for players who were having trouble on the spacehulk to trade looting opportunities for help. Feedback on that also welcome.

Next update after this is a bit up in the air. Goals I'm semi sure I'm going to do are:
1. add more player as pred/defeated or dominated enemy interactions
2. add support for stations to allow multiple ships to be docked at them as a prelude to letting you buy a large ship at freehaven.

other things that might happen include expanding on what's available on deck 4, expanding robynn's quest...and many others but i haven't decided yet.

as ever i'm appreciative for people sticking with nomad all this time and i welcome constructive feedback and discussions.
darkevilme
---

Postby DroolingPred » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:16 am

If you could manage for future updates, I'd love to see more art assets for the various foes. Harpies have a picture, but I haven't seen any pics for any other entities. I would hope that some volunteer artists could jump in to enhance that aspect of the game.
DroolingPred
Participator

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:28 pm

Ok, I give up, how do I get into the secret bit in the raptor girl temple? I remember in the old game you just put the three amulets in and it opened but now I just can't figure it out.

Also I noticed a glitch after you make the herm fawn (love her by the way, I was hoping we'd get some CV action for them), if you try to fly away she gets left behind, even if you ask her to follow you.
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Postby RC8015 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:15 am

Version: 316A, but didnt read anything about this in the change log, so I believe this bug to still be in the game:
After gaining access to Neris house on alpha minoris II, I decided to link myself with the reformator in her basement. I did this because I already had my own one disassembled and placed into the bigger ship on alpha minoris II. Didnt link myself to my ship at first, as the city was better suited than the cave with the ship.
Anyways, when I finaly had the ship excavated and ready for takeoff, I linked myself to my own ships reformator. But when I tested it and died, I respawned back in the elven city, instead in my ship. I cant destroy or disassemble the reformator in the city and can't un-link myself, so now my ships reformator is useless.
Any way how to change that? Notepad ++ cant read the save file, so I cant even remove the linked reformators from my save file.

Edit: Went into space, died and reformed at my ship. I keep playing
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:42 am

MarkusFreeman320 wrote:Ok, I give up, how do I get into the secret bit in the raptor girl temple? I remember in the old game you just put the three amulets in and it opened but now I just can't figure it out.

Also I noticed a glitch after you make the herm fawn (love her by the way, I was hoping we'd get some CV action for them), if you try to fly away she gets left behind, even if you ask her to follow you.

you have to place them in the chronological order of the sorry history of the seraphs of alpha minoris 2 as recounted by the elven scholar and taking into account that they write right to left not left to right
Spoiler: show
from right to left: calamity, crown, lament.

and that's not a glitch, you don't have a bed for carrying companions and crew aboard your ship. glad you liked eve.

RC8015 wrote:Version: 316A, but didnt read anything about this in the change log, so I believe this bug to still be in the game:
After gaining access to Neris house on alpha minoris II, I decided to link myself with the reformator in her basement. I did this because I already had my own one disassembled and placed into the bigger ship on alpha minoris II. Didnt link myself to my ship at first, as the city was better suited than the cave with the ship.
Anyways, when I finaly had the ship excavated and ready for takeoff, I linked myself to my own ships reformator. But when I tested it and died, I respawned back in the elven city, instead in my ship. I cant destroy or disassemble the reformator in the city and can't un-link myself, so now my ships reformator is useless.
Any way how to change that? Notepad ++ cant read the save file, so I cant even remove the linked reformators from my save file.

The reformation list works based on order of precedence, so it tries the reformers you're linked to in order..and naturally if you went to space or anywhere out of range of the reformer earlier on the list then it'd keep going down the list until it finds one it can use.
darkevilme
---

Postby darkevilme » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:46 am

DroolingPred wrote:If you could manage for future updates, I'd love to see more art assets for the various foes. Harpies have a picture, but I haven't seen any pics for any other entities. I would hope that some volunteer artists could jump in to enhance that aspect of the game.

I'd love it as well. but well, i don't have the energy to chase them down. still, if they show up and volunteer that'd be great.
darkevilme
---

Postby ripleysonic » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:41 pm

when I played in version 311, I had a giant ship that was called the Avenger from the start. how do I get that ship?
ripleysonic
Somewhat familiar

Postby RC8015 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:08 pm

darkevilme wrote:
RC8015 wrote:Version: 316A, but didnt read anything about this in the change log, so I believe this bug to still be in the game:

The reformation list works based on order of precedence, so it tries the reformers you're linked to in order..and naturally if you went to space or anywhere out of range of the reformer earlier on the list then it'd keep going down the list until it finds one it can use.

Any chance to remove the reformator in the elf city from my list? It's annoying when I have buisness in the saurier city, swamp or mountains and I respawn in the elf city instead in the saurier city where my ship is parked. Long way down there, and even worse without equipment. Or is there some kind of editor which one can use to modify a save? Not planing to cheat myself stuff, just planing on changing one choice I made (didnt get the "sackslut" flag from the saurier queen so cant get all her scenes and not the ones from the lovers) and removing the elf reformator.
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:16 pm

darkevilme wrote:
DroolingPred wrote:If you could manage for future updates, I'd love to see more art assets for the various foes. Harpies have a picture, but I haven't seen any pics for any other entities. I would hope that some volunteer artists could jump in to enhance that aspect of the game.

I'd love it as well. but well, i don't have the energy to chase them down. still, if they show up and volunteer that'd be great.

I'd be willing to help out with the game art, I've been following this project for a while and have always felt a little basic art would go far.

Most of my newer and NSFW work can be seen here but I also have some experience of game resouces and tilesets (albeit I haven' done much with that account in over a year). https://www.furaffinity.net/user/fyfemcabel/
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 32.1

Postby darkevilme » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:27 am

RC8015 wrote:Any chance to remove the reformator in the elf city from my list? It's annoying when I have buisness in the saurier city, swamp or mountains and I respawn in the elf city instead in the saurier city where my ship is parked. Long way down there, and even worse without equipment. Or is there some kind of editor which one can use to modify a save? Not planing to cheat myself stuff, just planing on changing one choice I made (didnt get the "sackslut" flag from the saurier queen so cant get all her scenes and not the ones from the lovers) and removing the elf reformator.

The save is in binary and there is no safe way of modifying it. But I added a button to unlink to update 32.1 as it isn't that big a change..assuming it works anyway.
darkevilme
---

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 32.1

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:29 pm

I've just checked the change log and I've barely seen half of the games stuff and I've poured hours into it. Could anyone give me some tips? I've got the ship from the snow planet with the missiles from the titan and found and emptied the ship found by it's scanners. I also defeated the trader ship in space combat but now I can't figure out what to do. Haven't seen any pirates, haven't found any space stations, haven't found the lizard village, I'm stuck on the first 3 planets and feel really quite lost. And I want to emphasise that I've spent around 30 hours on this game and ground to level 22, so it's not through lack of trying, I think I'm just a total noob and need a little help.
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game