Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.20.2]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.16.1]

Postby Myconid32 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:02 pm

bahamut24 wrote:
alright thank for reply
have been gathering those and see nothing useful for it.
may i suggest the usage for golds:
1- revive upon digest/died, cost of gold increase each time
2- throw/bribe gold at enemies with chance to recruit. for non-greed enemy, those take damage instead
3- dungeon merchant that sell items, undiscovered items will be random priced while discovered items will be priced according to its usefulness

if possible as reaching f12 is bit tougher without enter easy mode so an ability to vore from item or morph to predator for brief time?

I've actually had done if these ideas already, though some of the others don't fit with what I have planned.

As for player preds, starting as a predator is a planned feature. It will be available in the title menu, the way digestion/disposal switches are now.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.16.1]

Postby bahamut24 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:41 am

Myconid32 wrote:
bahamut24 wrote:
alright thank for reply
have been gathering those and see nothing useful for it.
may i suggest the usage for golds:
1- revive upon digest/died, cost of gold increase each time
2- throw/bribe gold at enemies with chance to recruit. for non-greed enemy, those take damage instead
3- dungeon merchant that sell items, undiscovered items will be random priced while discovered items will be priced according to its usefulness

if possible as reaching f12 is bit tougher without enter easy mode so an ability to vore from item or morph to predator for brief time?

I've actually had done if these ideas already, though some of the others don't fit with what I have planned.

As for player preds, starting as a predator is a planned feature. It will be available in the title menu, the way digestion/disposal switches are now.

awesome :D looking forward to it
bahamut24
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.17.0]

Postby Myconid32 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:26 am

0.17.0: Details in the changelog.

I finally finished extending all of the vore texts for the current enemies! Yay! That means the next update will finally have something new, and you should no longer encounter enemies with broken descriptions. I've also corrected a bunch of typos that I noticed while testing. Notably, the Wyvern no longer parrots the Warlock's disposal lines and is a proper monster in its own right.

Speaking of disposal, the preferences have been expanded slightly to separate cum disposal and scat into two separate options. Creatures who absorb their prey, such as oozes and plants, will now always play their generic disposal messages instead of being disabled alongside scat like they used to.

Since 0.17.0 should now be relatively stable, the top post has been updated to reflect the fact that it is now the latest playable version. A link to 0.14.0 will stick around for now in case there are any problems.

Sorry these extensions took literally years to finish writing. I had to work through a lot of burnout and some weird medications, but hopefully we can get this mod finished into something worth all that time! Thanks for sticking around!
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jadex » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:15 pm

yo the trolls seem to spawn every single time you touch the bridge and seem to come from the above floor too if your under the bridge which probably isn't a bug but it kinda sucks you can't do anything to see em coming which is sorta annoying but not nearly as bad as being unable to cross the bridge even if you kill the troll because a new one will always take its place
Jadex
Somewhat familiar

Postby Randulf » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:35 pm

Been following this game for how I don't even remember how long but its crazy to see it still going on, as well as that new descriptions finally being done with. Crazy to think this game is still going on
My one hope with this game is that in the future you can start as a pred on the first level and become an apex at the halfway mark. Normally when you become a pred halfway through there isn't really any prey enemies left to enjoy it with and when you become an apex you are practically done
Randulf
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.17.1]

Postby Myconid32 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:03 pm

0.17.1: Details in the changelog.

Hotfix! The bridge trolls are meant to be rare spawns, so I bumped up their spawn rate so I could test them and forgot to tone it back down. They should be MUCH less common (but be careful around bridges...)

Also, I went ahead and threw in a new preference, as requested by several of you (most recently Randulf). Starting as a predator is a feature I've mentioned for a while, and it's relatively simple to do, but I never got around to it. Now I have! Hit the button repeatedly to cycle between starting as Prey, Predator, or Apex Predator.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jadex » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:17 pm

Myconid32 wrote:0.17.1: Details in the changelog.

Hotfix! The bridge trolls are meant to be rare spawns, so I bumped up their spawn rate so I could test them and forgot to tone it back down. They should be MUCH less common (but be careful around bridges...)

Also, I went ahead and threw in a new preference, as requested by several of you (most recently Randulf). Starting as a predator is a feature I've mentioned for a while, and it's relatively simple to do, but I never got around to it. Now I have! Hit the button repeatedly to cycle between starting as Prey, Predator, or Apex Predator.

thanks boss that other bit also sounds awesome
Jadex
Somewhat familiar

Postby Randulf » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:17 pm

Wow that was fast lol.
Randulf
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:33 pm

Randulf wrote:Wow that was fast lol.

I knew i had forgotten something so I was keeping an eye out. I thought I might as well also throw in that request since I've been putting it off.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Zavvnao » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:43 pm

Myconid32 wrote:0.17.1: Details in the changelog.

what button do we hit?
Zavvnao
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Randulf » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:45 pm

The button is in preferences in the main menu
Also I found a bug where the game continued to state that I was already full when I tried to eat something no matter how long I slept. Changing depths during this caused me to crash
Randulf
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:53 pm

It may or may not surprise people that, as self-identified prey, I don't play enough as pred to spot these issues. Bear with me and keep helping me test things out while we iron out the kinks.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Myconid32 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:04 pm

Randulf wrote:Also I found a bug where the game continued to state that I was already full when I tried to eat something no matter how long I slept. Changing depths during this caused me to crash

Were you trying to eat a predator or prey when this happened?
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Randulf » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:11 pm

Myconid32 wrote:
Randulf wrote:Also I found a bug where the game continued to state that I was already full when I tried to eat something no matter how long I slept. Changing depths during this caused me to crash

Were you trying to eat a predator or prey when this happened?

Im not sure kinda forgot but I think it was a rat or gecko so I suppose a pred
Randulf
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.17.2]

Postby Myconid32 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:11 pm

0.17.2: Details in the changelog.

That was a bit of a rollercoaster, but it should work now. Hopefully nothing else breaks elsewhere. The problem lay in swallowing predators who are themselves digesting prey. The prey would not be properly transferred to the player when the predator died, leaving the player with an "empty" stomach but an existing prey and confusing the game.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Chiaroscuro » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:19 am

Not to pile on more things, but I had a trogg mystic kill an unconscious prey after I freed it. It's altogether fairly minor, but I thought you should know since it was in the changelog that had been fixed.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby Jadex » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:20 am

invidiasyren wrote:Not to pile on more things, but I had a trogg mystic kill an unconscious prey after I freed it. It's altogether fairly minor, but I thought you should know since it was in the changelog that had been fixed.

I think that's supposed to happen? they only sometimes join your party when you free them otherwise they are just confused and fight you
Jadex
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:23 am

Jadex wrote:
invidiasyren wrote:Not to pile on more things, but I had a trogg mystic kill an unconscious prey after I freed it. It's altogether fairly minor, but I thought you should know since it was in the changelog that had been fixed.

I think that's supposed to happen? they only sometimes join your party when you free them otherwise they are just confused and fight you

It depends. I need a few answers before i can assess the situation.
1) What kind of creature was the prey?
2) Was the prey your ally?
3) Was the Mystic your ally?
4) Did the Mystic kill the prey while they were unconscious, or just after they woke?
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.17.3]

Postby Myconid32 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:32 am

0.17.3: Details in the changelog.

I did find something. The clause for handling recently-saved prey was placed in a weird way that could cause some creatures to attack each other unjustly. Let me know if it works now.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.17.3]

Postby Chiaroscuro » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:43 am

Though I think you've already gotten it sorted, I'll just answer anyway.
1. Trogg Berserker I believe
2. It was not an ally
3. The Mystic was my ally
4. The Mystic killed it in the same turn that it was freed.

Also, another thing I've been meaning to ask, but it seems like panthers have a 100% swallow chance on you. The only time I ever encounter one is when it swallows me from stealth.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game